Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2857)
April 10, 2012
Great location and vell organize family resort
Familly type resort, very well organized, quiete
mainly familly westerner in this resort, very good organization with airport pick-up and shuttle + boat transfer (mandatory there's no road access) quiet an expensive stay by the way. thai food accomodate to the western taste and preference
April 09, 2012
Clean rooms located at best beach near Krabi
beautiful white sand beach with blue water
we had a great time at railay west, the beach is perfect although the diesel engines of the longtail boats can be a little annoying after some time. the service at the restaurant was a little slow (maybe due to thai holidays.. we don't know). however the adjacent restaurants offer a great view at sunset and service and food is very good.
the breakfast buffet is awesome though at railay bay resort & spa. wide range of different types of food.
April 09, 2012
Beautiful resort at a beautiful location
jacuzzi, great service, friendly staff, right on the beach, private lodging
I have been to Thailand several times but this was my first time at Railay bay travelling as a couple. This resort was far better than I expected and the photos just don't do it justice. Very relaxing and enjoyable.
Climb the treacherous mountain at Railay East and decend the steep drops to reach a lagoon. Quite dangerous but definitely worth it.
April 09, 2012
"We didn't want to leave - felt like home!"
You don't need to leave the resort - everything you're looking for is right there.
Great stay, welcoming and helpful staff.
Good location, both East and West coast have their charms.
United States of America,
April 08, 2012
Not fancy, not bleak, just average
Location, Pool on the Beach
railay beach is what it is: visually stunning, overcrowded, and not particularly clean. the beauty and uniqueness of the karst mountains jutting out the sea will ensure that people will continue to arrive despite the crowds and not-so-cleanliness of the water. with that being said, it appears that this hotel is banking on the fact that it is, simply, there. for the cost of this hotel, one would expect more. the rooms are a bit dated, though spacious and clean[ish]. none have beach views, save the "beach front" villa, which is directly behind the beach side pool [which is the hotel's strongest draw and understandably packed all day long].
if your goal is to sit at the pool, soak up the sun, enjoy the views, and watch the business of railay go on by, this hotel is a good option so long as it fits within your budget. if you are in railay for a longer period of time, i'd stay over on the east side, where it is significantly cheaper, or elsewhere and take a boat to railay for the day. i stayed here two nights, and was glad to be leaving after experiencing a far more laid-back, enjoyable [and cheaper] stay on ko lanta.
The beach in front of Railay Bay essentially disappears during low tide. Also, the water in Railay is not particularly appealing for swimming, in my honest opinion.
April 08, 2012
Very disappointing resort
We have stayed 3 nights in the resort and were completely disappointed by the staff service at the reception, pool and restaurant. Very unfriendly and unhelpful staff. The pool that is shown on the web site looks different in reality, small and shaby. The food is only 2 star as well, nothing special. The beach is over crowded during the day and full of long tail boats which make the water dirty with oil. The cliffs and nature around make the scenery unique but unfortunately the over crowded dirty beach and long tail boats spoil it all!!! You can forget swimming in the sea during the day due to the amount of tourists and long tail boats, and it's impossible to swim in the sea during low tide. The price that you pay for staying at the resort does not meet the quality expected. We stayed in other resorts in Thailand and were very pleased with service, but this is the first resort that we left with disappointment. A day trip for visiting a Railay Beach would be therefore sufficient, but would definately NOT stay here for more than 1 day, specificaly in the Railay Bay Resort & Spa.
Don't order room service (high price, small portions) but go to east railay (just 10 mins walk) where you can get nice food at many bars and small restaurants.
April 06, 2012
lovely place & decent hotel
the hotel staff is not very friendly.the location is nice.Railay is so beautiful.
check out the caves.its amazing.
April 06, 2012
Good value hotel for relaxing holiday
Magnetficent view of the sunset and andaman sea, less crowded
We had the deluxe cottage closer to the east and minimarket. I wish the room could be more decorated or lighter. The bath tube is small although there should have enough space for a big one. They do not change the bed sheet for a week, as I can feel the sands on my bed. Walks to the beach and breakfast takes less than 10min. Breakfast was average, enough variety except the fly on the bread and fruit that for them doesnt seem bothering. The service is good and friendly. Had a mini van to carry your luggage. The west side beach is stoney, rocks underwater could harm anyone with soft foot and children. The Pranang cave beach is much better where takes 15min walks the other way. The restaurant tastes the best on the island, no other one can do the same at the same price. Suitable for those only stay on the beach do nothing, not swimming.
The hotel is on the railay bay isolated from the town. Do not leave after 5-6pm and do come back on time before 9pm from the aonang beach is highly recommended unless you wanna get pay very high price to get your private boat back. Do not buy the ticket in advance cuz you might not find them anymore, no instruction and policeman can help.
In fact, aonang beach is not as bad as I read on the internet and very convinenace for those fancy for other tour on the island and more happenings. There is also one hotel looks cool with a private beach you could take boat or worst case walk through the route, between railay bay and aonang.
April 06, 2012
Very nice relaxing hotel right on the beach. Quite and clean room. Only negative point is the service at the restaurant. During my visit the service was very poor (maybe because it was too crowded that time); but no problem: at Railay East, which is a 10min walk from the hotel, are many nice restaurants.
United States of America,
April 04, 2012
Lovely stay in Railay Bay
location location location
Our longtail boat from Ao Nang pier dropped us right in front of the hotel. Its located on the very beautiful Railay Beach West, a clean white sand beach. The staff was courteous although not over the top friendly. The restaurant's buffet breakfast was delicious every morning with killer coffee. They had Western and Thai breakfast offerings and it changed every day for variety, however the staff there is just to replenish, after serving yourself, youll need to then seat your self and grab your own carafe of coffee. The pools were nice and they offered beach towels. We booked a day trip from the travel center to Phi Phi Island along with other stops along the way for snorkeling, highly recommended. The restaurant was only so-so for meals other than breakfast, I'd recommend exploring Railay East for other options (we liked dinner at Diamond Cave Resort as well as pizza at Joy Bar). The rooms were spacious clean and comfortable and the grounds of the hotel were very well maintained. The beds were pretty comfy too. We booked a privacy cottage for our first two nights and a deluxe cottage the second two nights, but since we were on our honeymoon, the staff upgraded us to a Privacy cottage again. The front desk has DVDs for lending with a pretty good selection.
A word about location - trust me when I say, you really dont wanna stay on Railay East to save some money. Avoid it if you can. There isnt a beach on that side, just muddy marsh when the tide is low and when its not, you still dont want to get into the water on that side, its murky and dirty. There is a funky aroma from the marsh too. Stay on West beach, its beautiful and location really does make a difference. It was a short walk to East for more selection of restaurants but we were really really happy we hadnt opted to sleep in East.
Seafood at Diamond Cave Resort and pizza at Joy Bar, both on Railay East
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Railay Bay Resort & Spa, Krabi
- "Great place in an ideal location" - The Railey Beach Resort is an ideal vacation place for a fam
- Almost the best doesn't mean its good - Almost the best hotel you can get in the area doesn't mean t
- amazing location if you don't mind crowds - We usually go for a more remote, mellow beach, but we really
- Amazing Location - We had reserved a beachfront suite but when we checked in th
- An awesome place to stay - A great place to stay. We stayed at privacy cottage and it w
- average hotel for railay - consider as one the best hotels in railay, but have several
- Average restaurant, friendly staff - Lovely hotel but wouldn't classify it as a four-star hotel…m
- Awesome hotel and beach - Overall a pretty great hotel. Very large and spacious bunga
- Awesome location but laid back service - the suite cottage rooms were awesome, very big and had a nic
- Awesome!! - We love the privacy cottage, spacious, nice layout and priva
- Bay of Plenty - Great beach spot with a lovely long beach and great waves ei
- beautiful & lovely room, clean &b fully acssoriesd - ad a really great time at railay/ don't miss the lagoon , a
- Beautiful Beach front resort - The location is great, but the transportation need to be imp
- Beautiful BUT..... - As above, the hotel is wonderfully located and the staff are
- Beautiful hotel with very friendly staff - Stayed for 5 nights. Very relaxing hotel with plenty of thin
- Beautiful location at an excellent price. - this hotel is a great value for the money. it's a great loc
- Beautiful resort, great room, small pool - Location: We had a villa closer to the west side of Railey,
- Beautiful stay at Railay Bay Resort & Spa - My partner & I stayed at this resort for 3 nights in June &
- Beautiful suite with jacuzzi and outdoor seating - Service was a little indifferent.....the wait staff especial
- Beautiful - I stayed in 3 different rooms at this Resort, i loved all of
- being kick out by noon! -
- Best hotel location on Railay Beach. - Stayed 3 nights. Our bed was extremely uncomfortable, like a
- best of the bunch - a good pick - Best of the bunch of hotels on this part of the landscape. G
- Big resort in amazing location - Nice rooms. fairly new, helpful staff, the included buffet b
- comfortable room, with real privacy! - as soon as we got off the boat there was acar waiting for us
- Diamond in the Ruff..! - We arrived in Railay from Phi Phi by Ferry, the shuttled by
- Excellent beach fronted resort with friendly staff - we stayed in privacy cottage which was nicely appointed with
- Excellent location, nice hotel and friendly staff - We like the room and specially the jacuzzi (my wife love it:
- excellent location - Railay Bay Resort is located at the very best place in Raila
- Excellent scenery - Suitable for couples who wish to stay away from busy city li
- expansive, big room but mosquitos - the hotel is very expansive, in a not so easy to access part
- Fantastic hotel, huge bungalows - We loved this resort so much we stayed for an extra 4 days.
- Fine if you like cold breakfasts - Accommodation lovely and ecellent deal with Agoda. Privacy c
- First room stank of raw sewage - on arrival we were watched by staff as we pulled heavy lugga
- Good and affordable hotel at Railey Bay West side - Very good, spacious, and big room. Air condition in the room
- Good beach front location - Our private cottage with its own wall and front gate was ver
- Good for Honey Moon - Have a pleasant stay
- Good hotel - a little run down - Good hotel - a little run down. you feel very much in the ou
- Good hotel, good location - hotel was in a good location for relaxing. was hard to get t
- Good hotel, got upgraded without asking! - The only negative thing: what is it in the water that stings
- Good location and rooms - We stayed in a privacy cottage and and couldn't really fault
- Good location very good food - We stay there 4 night without see any car or motorbike, so c
- Good location - A nice place to enjoy sunset, beautiful beach and hotel is a
- Good location - The hotel is quite old and the room is not that good, and th
- Good location - We were upgraded due to over booking and we stayed at the pr
- good service - staff provided good service, however, sometimes language can
- Good value for your money - the extra you pay for the privacy cottage absolutely worth i
- Great facilities and service - i stayed in the railay deluxe cottage type rooms, which was
- Great Hotel & Location - Arriving at the hotel we were quickly checked in and shown t
- great hotel right on the beach - stayed two nights - great location on the center of the beac
- Great hotel with the perfect position on Railay - We booked a budget superior room at Railay Bay Resort for 2
- Great Hotel, Great place - This was a great place to stay. Once we got off the boat, a
- Great Hotel - Overall a good stay and enjoyable vacation.
- Great hotel - The hotel front is right on the beach where the longtail boa
- Great Island, Great Resort - Excellent resort with all the amenities that you would desir
- Great location and great rooms but lousy security - Fantastic privacy cottage, big and comfortable and the resor
- great location and service with a smile - we have a very enjotable stay there.. very nice location.. n
- Great location and vell organize family resort - mainly familly westerner in this resort, very good organizat
- great location but hotel seemed past it's prime - family friendly, great location. loved watching the rock cl
- Great Location but not soo cllean rooms - The service in restaurant was pathetic, especially the dinne
- Great location but overpriced - Great location, next to the railay beach and a short walk to
- Great location but staff not very nice ! - I'm not really happy of my stay in this hotel, the staff smi
- Great location but the bed was really hard! - It was a 3D2N stay for us, a short getaway from the hustle a
- Great location nice room wonderful villa - airport transfer is expensive, the van is nice, but the hote
- Great location shame about the service - we stopped eating our meals except for breakfast here on the
- Great location! From here you need go no where. - Once ariving by long tail boat - we ventured to our room whi
- Great location, beautiful fixtures.e - Everything was excellent about my family's visit. I would li
- Great location, clean spacious room, good service. - The hotel and room is old but clean. There is a lot of mosqu
- Great location, great room! - service was great and the massage was fantastic! the bbq-bar
- Great Location, hotel delivers what it should. - Our third trip back to the same hotel - and we'll do it agai
- Great location, not so great rooms - Arranged pickup with the hotel via email which was quick and
- Great location,however unfriendly waitering staff - I really would recommend this resort for scenery, peace and
- Great location,needs upgrade - Fantastic location.Service needs to be improved.I would stay
- Great location - Fabulous location and great access to islands, however rooms
- Great location - stayed at the railay bay resort and spa for 2 nights and wis
- Great location - Very good location, neighboring to the very expansive Rayav
- Great place for 2-3 nights max - Good if you're travelling as a couple or family with small k
- Great place to stay in Railay - Staff is great, restaurant is good and directly on West Beac
- great place to unwind - Feel like a backpacker and explore the East beach bars and r
- Great place with great food and great view - the place is extremely gorgeous. The staff were great and po
- Great Pool - We stayed for 2 nights and the hotel was alright. I think ov
- Great potential - This hotel has the potential to be fantastic. The rooms are
- Great Relaxing Getaway - Stayed at Tonsai (next beach over) a few years ago when back
- Great Resort, best place to stay in Railay West... - We stayed at the Railay Bay Resort for 4 nights and had a gr
- Great resort - we stayed for 4 days with 2 year old baby and grand mother.
- Great stay - I really enjoyed my stay at R.B.R.&S. The setting is BEAUTIF
- Happy overall - None
- Heaven - Our 3 nights here were perfect! Though it can take some tim
- Hotel with AMAZING beach - it is a little far from the other parts of the ao nang beach
- i was expecting better room - for the same price you can have much better in the same area
- Incredible Location - If you like to get away for a romantic stay in a remote loca
- It was OK but I wouldn't go back there again - Internet is available for 5 BHT per minute.
An ATM machine i
- location location location - Fabulous location. Railay lives up to the lonely planet as
- Location - Excellent location, peaceful and lovely beach. Excellent roc
- location - I and my girlfriend are very happy with the hotel. the locat
- lovely and comfort with great views in krabi - nice beach, nice room, nice restaurant as well.
and great s
- Lovely hotel and service - Stayed there 4 nights and the impresion was great ! the hote
- Lovely hotel great location! - what a perfect getaway! we had a great deal that included br
- Lovely hotel, if you want a peaceful location - We were looking for a hotel that was going to be away from t
- Lovely Hotel - this is not a 4,5 star hotel, this is a 3,5 star hotel.