Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2864)
October 25, 2011
Nice hotel, rooms for every pocket
Breakfast infront of the sea
Nice hotel, has two pools, one with view to the ocean. Monkeys are strolling in the hotel premises during the day and can be hard on the roofs at night.
Families with young children
October 25, 2011
Great location - great price
We stayed 3 nights at Railay Bay resort and Spa in a Railay Suite Cottage. These have a lounge/daybed that easily converts into a bed for a child and plenty of room for a baby cot. We had 2 adults and 2 children fit with no problem. We weren't charged for teh baby cot and bedding was provided for free for the daybed. We were of the impression that these cottages had 2 rooms which is not correct. It is just one large space set out into a bed then a seating area.
We booked the pickup through the hotel and had a hassle free trip from the airport. A mini van picked us up and drove us to beach where they helped us put bags and children in a boat. We did had to go into water ankle deep to get on boat so I would recommend shorts and easily removable shoes. At the other end we arrived at West Railay (the mangrove side) and a tractor with a trailer drove out to the boat to collect us so we didn't have to get wet at all. We were then driven on a gold cart to reception and take to our rooms. Toiletries and towels are provided alond with a grass mat you can use on the beach. We loved the cottage which is surrounded by greenery and very close to the beach/pool.
Our trip was at the end of the "green season" wet season so price was very attractive also.
Our only negative comment is the beer was not very cold but you can easily walk up the beach to "walking street' for a much colder beverage :o).
As we have 2 yound chldren 2 and 4 we went to the boat shed on the beach and aksed to hire a long tail boat for a couple of hours. They were happy to provide this and it was much more cost effective than getting a group boat and additionally meant we could come home when we ready and not be stuck out on a tour with young tired children.
United States of America,
October 25, 2011
Beautiful location at an excellent price.
The staff is very friendly--they were up for a chit chat everywhere I went.
this hotel is a great value for the money. it's a great location as it spans across the "peninsula" of railay, therefore has easy access to both the east and west beaches. the breakfast in the morning is very good, and the staff is super friendly and smiley. the rooms are clean, except for a few cockroaches her and there... but i have cockroaches all the time in my apartment in bangkok, so it's inevitable, even in 5 star hotels. if you don't want to see a roach or two, you should just avoid thailand all together... but you'd really be missing out.
Definitely do a snorkeling tour that starts in the afternoon and ends in the evening at dark. I found this a lot better than a morning/afternoon tour because it was cooler. This tour also includes a light dinner, a sunset watch, and snorkeling in the dark to see all the glowing phytoplankton--very cool! We signed up with a tour on the "walking street." The one that was 2:30 to 8:30.
October 25, 2011
great for relaxing
good rooms, good food, great location
the resort is great. great rooms, great atmosphere for relaxation. the pools were great. the food at the resort was good although the in - room dining finished too soon for our liking. the location of the restaurant at west railay beach is fantastic for watching the sun go down while having a meal or having a drink.
Railay does not have a bank or an actual currency exchange, so change enough at aonang. will save you quite a bit of money.
October 23, 2011
so many mosquitos in the room..... managed to buy coils from the mini mart and use them which kind of kept them at bay..... first night had a black out due to horrific storms. staff weren't that friendly or helpful upon check in, such a big resort they have many people to deal with. also it felt a little disorganised with breakfast and dinner, one didn't know how it worked or if there was a system in place. the resort was quite dirty in areas and smelt really bad. left our stay 3 days early and checked out and left for koh samui. wasn't a pleasant stay. the pool is small. looks amazing in pictures but nothing like the photos. and the beach is dirty and barely smim-able. so many boats in and out making the water mirky. I don't like to complain much but this was one of my worst places ive stayed and Ive travelled many countries around the world.
make sure u pack mosquito repellent.
don't stay more than 3 days
and go do the day trip to koh phi phi amazing!
October 23, 2011
I stayed in privacy cottiyard. It's resonable price, and very nice to have own jacuzzi.
However, breakfast was not good, and staffs aren't smile at all.
October 23, 2011
Nice hotel with great location and good service
Great beach, hotel resort is like a great garden, the place is quieted
the resort is great and quieted and the beach is wounder-full, the rooms are nice and the service is great. there are no traffic as you have to reach the beach by boat, so it is quieted.
the resort is great for couples or family
Take a speedboat tour in order to see the great isles which are located near Krabi.
Families with older children
October 23, 2011
very nice hotel, but the restaurant is not great
nice rooms (cottage delux), great location between east and west railey
great pool on the beach, nice rooms. kids were not very happy with breakfast.
good location and nice reception team (helpful and pleasant).
you can borrow dvd movies (no charge, only refundable deposit).
October 23, 2011
I don't think this hotel is that great...but not that bad either. And as far as I could tell, there isn't anything better either. The location is superb and the rooms are large, with nice balconies. The pools are small and not good, one is tucked in the back, impersonal and not cozy at all. A much more scenic pool is right be the beach in the front, but the water was absolutely horrid, so dirty that I couldn't even see my feet. Food is fine. This hotel is okay. Price is commensurate with product.
October 21, 2011
beautiful quiet beach
nice view, sunset. peaceful .quiet.
well it was one of e nicest beach as compared to ao nang town. aonang had no clean beach at all.
however, there was electricity trip few times when it rain in one night. we stayed at level 1-ground level. a bit annoying.
would have preferred level 2 . male from reception help us to call tiger air for free.lady want to charge.
bed was hard. however have to pay for e little boat to n fro.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Railay Bay Resort & Spa, Krabi
- 5 Nights in Railay - We stayed 5 nights in the resort after it was recommended in
- A beautiful place - Beautiful place, a little old for the cottage on sea side/sw
- A bit expensive, but a great experience overal. -
- A good choice - A great location to walk anywhere in Railay (except Tonsai w
- A great location. maintenance is far from perfect - we chose the hotel for the location and price was reasonable
- A Nice place to visit - First of all, I chose the privacy cottage and was very surpr
- All was great, really nice accomodation - Not much, it was all perfect and would definately come again
- Amazing location and fantastic resort. - what more could you ask for! a beautiful resort with easy ac
- amazing location - Well we arrived during low tide and literally were scared wh
- Amazing Place - This was our last stop on an 8-week thai trip, and it was ou
- Amazing Value - Awesome Rooms - We travelled in low season so there wasn't much happening at
- awesome place to visit - it is a nice place to visit except for the water transport,
- Beatiful rooms and pool view. but many children - Loved the room - we had a deluxe cottage, so we had our own
- Beautiful and well laid out resort - stayed here based on all the good reviews i had read, and it
- Beautiful hotel right on the beach - So happy with our choice to stay at this hotel. We were upg
- Beautiful hotel with reasonable price, - we had a very goodtime there. i bought my friends from the u
- Beautiful location, nice accomodation - Very nice, relaxed stay. The resort has a very nice location
- Beautiful location, pity about the accomodation! - My partner & I have just spent 3 nights at Railay Bay Hotel.
- Beautiful place, unbeatable location - this was our second stay at railay bay resort and you will n
- beautiful quiet beach - well it was one of e nicest beach as compared to ao nang to
- Beautiful Railay beach! - Very nice resort if you want peace and to be isolated from t
- Beautiful resort but hard to get to! - this resort is quite an adventure to get to! prepare for the
- beautiful room great location! - had wonderful few days here including a one day snorkelling
- Beautiful Room! - we stayed at the hotel for two nights and unless your a rock
- Beautiful, Friendly Resort - Hotel was wonderful. Quick checkin and staff immediately got
- beautiful - The location of this place is absolutely perfect for just ch
- Best location on Railay - Very pleasant hotel at a great location stretching from East
- Big room - I am a little disappointed to see that the furniture in the
- Clean and in the Center of things - We stayed in the deluxe room which was spacious and clean.
- Ecellent hotel on beautiful Railay Beach - we had a great stay at railay bay resort. it is one of the f
- Efficient service and lovely room / cottage - a very enjoyable 4 day vacation
Good food and good service
- Environment is great but lack of professionalism! - for the environment and relaxing in family it is perfect...
- Excellent hotel in superb location - It is an excellent hotel on one of the best beaches of Asia.
- Excellent resort that was lovely and relaxing - We had a fantastic time at Railay bay resort and spa. Reall
- Fantastic and romantic - I would recommend this resort to anyone, It is beautiful, ro
- fantastic bungalow perfect for relaxing with kids - on beautiful beach but no lounge chairs directly on beach. P
- Fantastic location - the hotel is relatively well organized, no issues with the t
- Fantastic Place - I love the scenery and the free DVD rentals. Railay can get
- Fantastic! - railey beach is a fantastic location by itself. the hotel is
- Good ! - we had an awesome stay at railey. the phranang beach is love
- Good hotel in a good place - Nice and elegant hotel, very clean, excellent service, good
- Good hotel nice beach dont like the service - We order the de-lux roome it was dispointing
The staff is o
- Good hotel on Rai Lay Bay - I got upgrade room because to door room was broken.
- good hotel, great place, great service - i made reservations for the most basic room which i didn't l
- Good location great rooms - The hotel was brilliant. We had an individual bungalow which
- Good location let down by the staff - Beautiful location on Railay beach, but the hotel wass sever
- Good location next on the beach - we stayed for a week in "railay suite cottage" - it was very
- Good location, beautiful rooms - everything was great, breakfast, location, service. the only
- good location, very bad hotel - as an hotelier i can say that this hotel is running with out
- Good overall experience - resort is good and we were happy staying there.
- good service but over price - staff are friendly and room is big but too small air conditi
- Good Stay - We really enjoyed our stay at Railay Bay and thought the hot
- Good Value, Pleasant Resort - While it was a very pleasant stay we found the front desk di
- Gorgeous rooms and beautiful island! - The hotel was fab and really a nice treat in such a great ar
- Great as a resort - Very quiet and beautiful place. Perfect for romantic honeymo
- Great Bang for the Buck at an Amazing Beach - Mostly summed up in the pros and cons. Overall it was well
- Great Hotel - Great Location - We stayed at the Railay Beach Resort for six days. They met
- Great hotel in a beautiful place - Big room; clean, quiet & comfortable
- Great hotel with great location! - The hotel is family oriented. There were lots of families t
- Great hotel with pool on the beach on railay West - wow!! railay how do you sum this place up - no roads access
- Great hotel!! - really good resort.
our room (deluxe cottage) was very nice
- great location and a good hotel - we stayed in a private villa, which included our own persona
- Great location and facilities - To Railay Bay Resort I arriwed with my girlfriend. We got gr
- Great location and friendly staff - the resort is in the best location on railay bay. lovely poo
- great location and good hotel Lovely hotel - great location and good hotel Lovely hotel
very good rooms
- Great location and great room. - if you stay here you simply must stay in the little villa ty
- Great location and great stay - Having chosen the privacy cottage for our honeymoon stay we
- Great Location but staff could be more friendly - We spent 2 nights in the Deluxe Cottage on the Eastern side
- Great location with nice spacious cottage - railay bay resort and spa is on the west (nice) side of rail
- great location, alot of potential bad service. - had some nice reviews but to bad i didnt listen to the bad o
- Great location, but not so great accommodations -
- Great location, clean spacious room, good service. - The hotel and room is old but clean. There is a lot of mosqu
- Great location, great private beach - We take the 90m room, it's big room with garden and private
- Great Location, staff service below average - Railay is an amazing place and we it was a highlight of our
- Great location - great room, clean, spacious, 2 swimming pools and the warm s
- great location - the beach is beautiful,rest food is good but have many house
- Great location - The hotel was perfect. My dad and I only stayed for 2 nights
- great location - the only good thing about this hotel is its location, its on
- great locationsbut rooms not amazing - We expected more from the hotel itself. the location is grea
- Great resort but nothing to do/trapped by location - the resort is ok the food in the restaurant was very good an
- Great resort for Great holidays!! - We stay from April 13 - 20, 2009
We spent 1 week in this hot
- Great rooms, bad service - It was practically the land of no smiles at railay bay. Didn
- Great rooms, location and service. - Great place to unwind, food was great as were the cocktails.
- Great service in the hotel - We enjoed staying in a private villa. The most wonderfull th
- Great setting - Stayed in the Privacy room. Nice but slightly dated, althoug
- Great spot,Hotel. rest great - a hotel with location,location,location. great pools,beaches
- Great stay - basic room -
clean, big and romantic
- Great sunset view and sea activities - we stayed at the privacy cottage. very nice and peaceful. th
- Great Vacation, Best time in Thailand - I absolutely recommend this resort. We felt it was money wel
- Great! - We had a great stay! Staff is very helpful, room was great,
- Great! - We had an amazing time here. Our only regret was that we co
- Honeymooners - This is more like a 3 star hotel or small country club, in g
- Idyllic paradise resort - Really beautiful resort, not a lot to do (but that's why you
- Impressive but expensive - The hotel was in a great spot and had a nice resturant. The
- Incredible location - Fourth visit. The area is perfect for young children, given
- Location, location, location! - Railay Bay has made converts of us; we are not destination
- Lovely hotel with good value and great location - We stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is situated on Raila
- Lovely hotel, great service - Stayed in a privacy cottage at the Railay bay resort. Rooms
- lovely place & decent hotel - the hotel staff is not very friendly.the location is nice.Ra
- Lovely, relaxing and gorgeous beach - The stay at railay was lovely- we were picked up at the airp