Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (3018)
February 15, 2011
Amazing hotel, very happy with all it had to offer
Great pool and close to the hustle and bustle of Patong!
Saw mixed reviews of Baan Laiami and were a little edgy on whether to book a 4n5d stay with them, but it was probably the best decision I have ever made! They have speedy email replies after confirming our booking, the pool is absolutely stunning and the breakfast variety is satisfactory!
They have a live band that plays next to the restaurant and think this is absolutely amazing as they play on through till 1am but I don't hear a hint of noise in our room.
We travelled with 6 people and all of us were happy with the hotel!
The only thing that was disappointing was that the room decor is very different to what you see in pictures. Ours was very plain and boring - just one lamp and a wall painting that made the room look very dreary, not what I was expecting as I saw vibrant colours in the pictures.
Regardless, we had a pool view room which overlooked the poolside bar and at night time, the place looks fantastic.
February 14, 2011
Best of both worlds: Beach and Nightlife
location, pool, polite staff
We stayed in the pool view room. The room is spacious and clean. Not carpeted though, but it's ok, since they provide slippers for room use. It has a veranda with 2 small semi-rocking chairs which is very relaxing. There is no bathtub, but the toilet is clean and looks new.
The pool is very nice, with a pool bar so you don't need to get-out of the pool to get a drink. You can swim until late, I notice some people are swimming at 12mn.
If you plan to stay here, I would advice to take the pool-access room. It's great for people who are too lazy to walk to the pool! Just open the veranda door, and you'll find small steps going into the pool.
The hotel's best asset is the location. You'll just need to cross the street, and you'll find yourself in Patong's white sand beach. Near the hotel are shopping stalls, restaurants, and massage parlors. It's around 7-10 minutes walk to the night clubs aswell, so it's great for people who want the best of both worlds: beach and nightlife!
I noticed that majority of the restaurants near the hotel offer Thai and European food, so food won't be an issue for those who are picky eaters.
The hotel itself has a very good restaurant. The restaurant is just in-front of the hotel. I noticed a lot of people prefer to eat there because of the ambiance. There is a live band every night and the food is also very good. A bit pricey compared to other restaurants in the area, but really worth it.
The staff knows enough English to have a decent conversation. They are very polite. Some words they might not understand, you'll just need to repeat it for a few times or describe the thing you need using more basic English.
The breakfast buffet is not so bad. But they tend to repeat certain foods.
When shopping, always bargain! Try to offer half the price given by the storekeeper.
Try the traditional Thai massage! (always ask for discount even if there is a listed price)
Say "Lot dai mai" ("Please give me discount" in Thai)
February 14, 2011
Nice hotel with good view on patong beach.
February 13, 2011
nice location but not so friendly reception
very near to the Patong beach
Check in strictly after 2pm.
Facilities are good.
February 13, 2011
Location is just across the beach area. Pool is big n clean. Room is huge enough, bathroom is very neat.
People are accomodating.
Have mosquitos. Some part of the resort still on renovation.
Restaurant is a bit pricey though.
February 13, 2011
great location, good service, clean, convinient
great location, good service, clean, convinient, club and song at hotel,
I've stayed here for 3 nights, the service is good, room is clean, except the chair has dust in some invisible corner. The location is great, can see beach and sea from window, 10 sec walk to beach. can swim in hotel, pool is clean.
the club activity won't last too late, no trouble for me, because I'm so tired for day time travel, easy to sleep at night
Families with young children
February 13, 2011
Nice facility but with bad service
Staffs there are not fridendly, they ingored my special requests at all and refused to change room for me by a excuse --"all rooms are fully booked already". then, they magically changed rooms for me two minutes after I complained to the manager. Rooms are noisy because of the live band screaming until midnight. the worst and ridiculous thing is that a staff who fried eggs during breakfast, complained me that I asked for too many fried eggs when I want 2 eggs for my family. It is really my first time to hear 2 eggs are too many for a "buffet" breakfast. It simply pissed me off in the morning.
February 13, 2011
awsome location, great facilities!!
amazing pool, good sized rooms, walking distance of everything near heaps of restaurants as well as having one itself.
was a really great hotel close to everything needed all in walking distance, just across from the beach.
February 13, 2011
Best Pool and Friendly restaurant staff
Booked for Deluxe Sea View but didnt get the room upon arrival and was told that the room was unavailable. Staff wasnt even apologetic that we could not get the room we wanted and had in a way insisted us to take the free upgrade to Deluxe with Pool Access. We took it after he promised that we can change the room to Deluxe Sea View the next day.
Called for room service from the room after check in but no one came after we had waited for more than 30mins.
Waited for the whole afternoon the next day in regards to the room change but no one from the front desk called. Only time the phone rang was when the caller decided to let it ring once and hang up. When I approached the manager on duty that evening to say that we decided not to change our room and opted for Late Check Out instead for FOC, he wasn't even helpful. He was very rude and had even walked off leaving me seating there for 15mins while talking halfway. When I approached him again, he just look at me and asked "WHAT?". This is not how a manager should asked and frankly, I was very shocked with his attitude and told him that we had not finish with our discussion and he says yes we are finish. Also says that the staff on duty had called our room and was informed that we do not want to have a room change (which was a complete lie as we were in the room the whole afternoon and we DID NOT speak to anyone on the phone!!)
When I asked for the GM's email from the manager, he wrote it on a piece of the hotel's name card and when I asked him to write his name as well, he looked at me and pointed to his nametag saying "This is my name! YOU write!!" I told him that I am asking him to write and he SHOULD NOT be asking me to write instead. Tried sending an email to the GM but apparently it was a wrong email address given by the manager.
Housekeeping only made up the bed and changed the bath towels. Didn't replenish the drinking water, tea and bathroom amenities.
Overall, was a bad experience for us.
February 12, 2011
Great hotel with big room and nice staff
The pool was fantastic and location was perfect
Didnt have any complaints about this hotel. Breakfast was very good. Nice pool to relax by after a day at the beach. Located close to everything you need. Would stay again
Make sure to visit other beaches south of patong if you want a quieter day out. Less people and less jet ski's.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Baan Laimai Beach Resort, Phuket
- "Nice hotel, beach front, large rooms" - Opposite beach, large rooms, some chaos at front desk recept
- 2 Nite Stay - Went there for 2 nite stay. There are 2 wings in the hotel,
- 4 Star Construction site - hotel is being refurbished and it needs it, but the construc
- A Good Hotel in the location - Good house keeping, but there was some construction going on
- Absoutley loved it! - We booked in at baan Laimi for 4 nights originally and ended
- Amazing hotel, very happy with all it had to offer - Saw mixed reviews of Baan Laiami and were a little edgy on w
- Another night with a wonderful hotel! - Supposed to stay here for three nights but I ended up extend
- Average but theres nothing wrong with that - The Hotel is quite average but there is really nothing wrong
- average hotel - It seems as this hotel is under continuous construction or u
- Awesome - Had a great time and definitely a recommended place to stay
- Baan Lai Mai - well... it is one of the best u will find on Batong beach, v
- Baan Laimai- a good value - I actually stayed at the Baan Laimai twice during my visit t
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort, -
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort -
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort -
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort - Good hotel, friendly staff.
Will definitely come back.
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort - I stay in hotel one night and was pleased with my stay. The
- Baan Lamai Hotel - There are too many mosquitos in the lobby area coming from t
- ban lai mai review - The hotel has a great location just few meters away from the
- Beach Proximity at it's best - For the price we paid, the hotel was comfortable. I book a b
- Beautiful nice breakfast, pool not so good 4 young - I loved staying at the baan laimai but the pool wasn't great
- Best Location/Great Service - I was worried about going there, I read too many negative re
- Better bang for your buck elsewhere - I don't usually write reviews however I thought I would this
- Big pool,no I'm kidding - no don't type that. - Older hotel could use renovation. Lots of ants in our room.
- Brilliant location, fantastic staff. - The hotel is in a great location, you can walk to every wher
- Centrally located hotel - Great hotel, nicely situated close to beach and shopping are
- cheap room but noise with every night band - not good for family group, but good for young singal people
- Clean and great location - We had a fantatic room that despite not having a window, had
- Clean hotel with good location - Friendly and helpful staff, nice pool area and good location
- clogged bathroom drain and lousy room view - Poorly maintained deluxe hotel room
Hotel staffs were not fr
- European style hotel - A nice looking hotel right accross the street from the beach
- Excellent Location, Large Room - I bought a deluxe city view room through agoda and was upgra
- Excellent Location - Loved the hotel and its location. The hotel is located right
- Exemplary - What a beautiful hotel, with great staff. Wonderful entertai
- Fantastic hotel all round - Although we had already read the reviews for this hotel we w
- Fantastic location and friendly service - As a family with older children (16yr old daughter and 19yr
- fantastic location with beautiful rooms - the location of baan lamai was so good! right on the beach a
- Fantastic Stay - I love the place. The price wasn't very expensive. So far on
- First Class hotel.... - The Baan Laimai is a first class hotel and is a resort that
- For Agoda purchasers, please avoid this hotel! - I wish I could write something nice about this place, but my
- friendly staff and convenience lace - very convenience to other place but sometimes its crowded wi
- Good and big hotel..clean.. - i like to stay here again for next trip to phuket..
- good enough - nice and wide the room service wasnt that good but they are
- good hotel, - my stay was good , but there was too many mosquito s and it
- good hotel. excellent location. very good service - Reception staff made sure we were very well served, with a s
- Good location but everything else was terrible! - 1.Service was wthout smiles.
2.Rennovations could be heard
- Good location but over priced and untrained staff - Have never experienced worse customer service from hotel rec
- good location but thats about all - We booked for 3 nights but wished we hadnt bothered. Two th
- Good location for a night out in town - the hotel is located across patong beach, close to the main
- good location, good hotel, good service - the pool is great, go around the room with a bar counter and
- Good location, near beach and shops - The pool is great for kids and the beach is just across the
- good location. - Pool area was nice but very hard sunbeds,you cant sit on the
- Good location - Check-in time is strictly at 2pm and check out time is stric
- Good Location - friend recommend us to stay at this hotel. find it quite goo
- Good location - The hotel is located in a very convenient location, directly
- Good Place to have Beach and Nightlife - The Hotel is nice, great and really big Pool ! But the Hotel
- Good - great hotel, relaxing location. would stay again
- Great experience and upgrade on checkin - Great hotel. Free upgrade on checkin to pool side room. Staf
- Great hotel and location - We loved staying here. The rooms were divine, especially the
- Great hotel and nice room. - the hotel is under refurb and is a bit noisy throughout the
- Great hotel but service needs improvement - It was great stay in Baan Laimai Beach Resort. I would like
- Great hotel in the heart of Patong - Beautiful hotel within walking distance to everything. Got a
- Great Hotel in the Heart of Patong - This was a great hotel in a great location. Right on the bea
- great hotel location is the main attraction - Love this hotel you have the wholesale market out the back o
- Great hotel with a fantastic pool - The hotel was great. The pool area was superb. Never too b
- Great hotel with fantastic beach location - the hotel is ideal if you want to be within 1 minute to the
- Great hotel, even greater position - the baan laimai resort is in the process of expanding at the
- Great hotel, great location handy to everything - The building /construction continues nosiy but did not inter
- great hotel, great location, great facilities - i stayed for 3 nights at this hotel because this hotel have
- Great Hotel, Staff & Location! - Nice rooms, Great Meals and Charismatic and Friendly Staff i
- great hotel - just returned from our holiday and we were very happy with t
- Great hotel - Stayed here many times and recommend this hotel it's well ma
- Great location - but thats it. - If you want to sleep before midnight do not stay here, reall
- Great location & breakfast - We were upgraded from superior to the next one for the first
- great location , quality resort - fantastic location opposite beach in bustling patong. if you
- Great Location and big pool - Nice and comfortable hotel, free mini bar and close to the b
- great location and excellent service - I loved the stay and if again going to phuket i should stay
- Great location and facilities - The stay was very pleasant and enjoyable. The pool was relax
- Great Location and good ambience - liked the hotel, their staff and overall ambience. it is jus
- Great location and good service - Very sarisfacory holiday at a great hotel . Swimming pool is
- Great Location and great breakfast - Opposite the beach and not far to walk to Bangla Road. Great
- Great location and nice pool in the hotel but... - Everything's good, room is pleasant, toilet is spacious, hot
- Great location and spacious rooms.... - Disappointed becoz we got got our rooms at 4pm ....although
- Great location and spacious rooms - Although the hotel was under going construction, we had a lo
- great location and value for money! - we enjoy staying in this hotel. it's located nearby to shopp
- Great location but cold showers - Stayed with teenage children in old part (rear) of hotel. Ba
- great location but disappointed at management - was shocked n disappointed as when i got there they said no
- great location but it's under construction - the hotel is currently under construction, the newly built s
- Great location but not very relaxing - Our stay at the Baan Lamimai was pretty good the room was qu
- Great Location but poor reception - Resort located less than 100m to the beach.
- Great location but slow room cleaning serivce - location is very good. close to jungceylon shopping mall.
- Great location but thats about it ! - Well not sure where to start, when we first checked in our r
- Great Location but too crowded - this hotel is quite old and the reception is just a small co
- Great Location but very inefficient Reception - patong beach better than we expected. the hotel is in a gre
- Great location close to the beach - we went to baan laimai for our honeymoon, we love the honeym
- Great Location just in front of the beach - Good customer service from receptionists.
Good location ju
- Great location n big room - nice location to stay, this hotel is quite idle for relaxing
- Great location though our room was not so good. - our room was on the top floor so getting to and from there w
- Great location to shopping,beach and night life - This is the 3rd time I have stayed in this hotel and have al
- Great location with big room! - Good for leisure stay not recommended for Corporate group.