Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (772)
March 07, 2012
Lovely hotel but very far from the main city
Private beach, water park
the welcome was perfect and although we had mentioned that we were on our honeymoon, we were sent to a twin room. once we called to settle this, we were quickly upgraded to a suite which was a very nice gesture. the only problem is that the airport is very close and you can hear the planes passing by at all times. the beach is almost secluded and beautiful!!! however, in case you need to go to the ferry port or patong, it's really far although the hotel provides a shuttle to patong once a day. since there are no taxis available at the hotel, we had to pay baht just to go to the next block. would recommend this hotel to anyone though. the small waterpark included with the hotel is a nice touch.
United States of America,
March 07, 2012
This place is just plain awesome. The only hotel I stayed at in Phuket that actually had a nice Soft bed (out of 4 places I stayed). The staff was great. The only local store was closed (holiday), we couldn't get any detergent to wash cloths. The staff went out of their way and actually got us a small bag of some (did 4 small loads with it just fine) and wouldn't accept any money for it. I wasn't able to get a hold of room service on the phone between 6 and 7pm (tried 4 times over 20min) but luckily the restaurant at the entrance to the water park was still open.
March 05, 2012
Good rooms but no paintings nor pictures on walls.
Not good at all.. Rooms/ beds OK, but not nice overall.
Stayed only for the sleep of 6 hours, but the staff defaulted to be able to book a taxi for a meeting, and when arriving it took 15 minutes to check in even no other customers were in sight.
Not even close to other 5-star hotels I have stayed in... Except the price of around THB 500 for a club-sandwich served after 34 minutes even I was told maximum 15 minutes...
Can not be recommended.
March 04, 2012
Nice hotel with a lot to do
Swinming pools and water park
My partner and I stayed here the night before an early morning flight as it is close to the airport. I wouldn't say that the resort is 5 star as it claims, however it is nice, clean and great for kids. It is very load as it is so close to the airport. The resort has a massive oval infinity pool that is beautiful and is situated on a nice, very empty beach. There is a water park that would be great for kids or adults wanting to have some fun. The restaurant is some what over priced, as is the taxis. It cost us 500 baht to get to the airport, which is literally next door. This is very expensive for Thailand, considering we got a cab from te airport to patong (1 hour drive) for the exact same price.
March 03, 2012
Convenient location with fun amenities
Close to the airport, fun water park, nice restaurant, and a nice beach
We chose this hotel due to it's proximity to the airport and the fact that access to the water park was free if you stayed there. The rooms at the hotel themselves were pretty nice however since all the floors are hardwood, everytime someone opens a door or closes one you hear it clear as day in your room which was frustrating. Also, if you get a room that is ajoining to another one, you can hear their conversations clearly. That being said, the rooms themselves on the inside were quite nice and the bathrooms are huge.
The hotel grounds are massive. To get to the further locations you can get a lift from the staff on the golf carts which is nice. Towards the end of the grounds is the restaurant which was good quality and another pool which we didn't use.
Cost of getting you to hotel is suprisingly expensive. Hawkers outside the terminal will say it's a flat rate of 800Bhat. I was able to get them down to 450Bhat but it took some work. The hotel has a service that will drive you back with a local taxi for 500 Bhat.
March 03, 2012
Glad we didn't stay longer
as we had a 12 hour stopover (having arrived in phuket from koh samui at 9:00am) we decided to book into the hotel to relax and return to the airport for our 9pm flight to sydney. the hotel appears to be a great place for a family with young children because of the water theme park but, for a couple, it is dry, boring, lacking decor** and is totally isolated with nowhere else to go!
** we stayed in tower number 6. the entry foyer of the tower had carpet and a few paintings on the walls but get to your floor and it feels like a hospital. the halls echo because they are bare and completely tiled. no warmth there! you'll also need to get used to long walks to get to the beach which has no atmosphere at all and would not be suitable for children as the water drops quite deep a couple of feet in.
there is little shade in the water theme park and the whole resort lacks trees so it is hard to escape the sun.
whilst the hotel suited my purpose to kill a few hours, i would not recommend it for an extended holiday.
No shopping - no markets - nothing!
Families with older children
February 20, 2012
For business travellers
Excellent waterpark, not too crowded
despite trying very hard, this simply is not a 5-star hotel. every day we had to ask for the third towel for the third guest, the rooms were small (deluxe room had a bed and not much more), the minibar was empty, the room service is extremely slow, the food is overpriced and pretty basic. this would not be a problem if the location of the hotel was closer to other restaurants. people are friendly and hopefully they will get things working, otherwise it really needs big things to keep the stars.
it is really close to the airport. the noice did not bother us but rather the fact that it is really far away from anywhere else.
Cinnamon restaurant just 5 minutes walk is worth checking out
February 19, 2012
this is the second time i've stayed at this resort. location, if you want isolation, peace and quiet.. is perfect. you can walk to beach in a few minutes or lay around the main pool or one of the others. i didn't do the water park.. . deluxe rooms are disapointing but family rooms are great. gym is way above average. staff always helpful.
walking to beach and watching jets land is great
Families with young children
February 17, 2012
Lovely hotel and great waterpark.
Great fitness room and nice beach
In this hotel everything was perfect! The rooms, the service, the beach, the food and the waterpark, the fittnessroom, the children's club. - everything was perfect, and I would definitely stay there again. The only thing that was not so good, was that the area around the hotel is boring and there is nothing else to do, but stay in the hotel area. It is a nice place to stay 3-4 nights to relax or go to the waterpark, but it is to boring to stay there longer.
Bring some food and drinks to the place, because there are not many possibilities to shop anything in the area.
February 17, 2012
It's an ok hotel
The distance from Hotel room is far from hotel restaurant
It's alright. I feel so so about this hotel. Nothing is really special
Hotel Feature Tip:
It's more like an amusement hotel, it's great for family with small kids. It's not suit the business traveller. Regarding breakfast, You shall wake up early in the morning cos it takes sometime to get to the hotel restaurant...
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Centara Grand West Sands Resort & Villas, Phuket
- amazing hotel with fantastic rooms - we stayed at this hotel with three small children and had a
- Big hotel with spacious room ,but location remoted - There is only one restaurant, a bit far from my room to hav
- Centara Grand West Sands Resort & Villas - Evacuation from Tsunami was great management & support. Spla
- Fair resort but don't except too much - - Near by Phuket (15mins by car)
- 50 mins to Phuket Downt
- Four stars yes, five stars, er... no - The service was very good and we were grateful to be upgrade
- fun water park, big and comfort room - family with kids will enjoy the water park a lot. spacious r
- Good hotel. - This is a good hotel i would recommend it but i had a car as
- Good hotel - It was a good stay great water park we got upgraded to a sui
- Good last stop before going to the airport - Stayed here for 2 nights before leaving Phuket handy locatio
- Good service and nice environment - my wife and i with 14 months daughter have
a wonderful hol
- Great hotel with awesome water theme park - Big facility and great water theme park. Good value for mon
- Great Hotel, Service and Features - This was a great place to stay. It is perfect for relaxing a
- Great location but small rooms - i stayed here because it was close to the airport and for it
- Hotel for family - Near airport, great water sliders, sea waves as well as lazy
- hotel with a great service - big room, nice food, but the beach not so good. location is
- Lovely Hotel and Great Service - i have booked the 2 bedroom luxury suite about 10 days befor
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - Great get away from city for a few day break, sleeping, eati
- Lovely hotel but very far from the main city - the welcome was perfect and although we had mentioned that w
- Lovely hotel with a really fun water park! - The hotel was clean and spacious, rooms were comfortable and
- nice and big hotel, but got room to improve their - the resort is nice and large, however the service really nee
- nice place good accomication good service - nice place good accomication good service everything is v
- Nice rooms , free waterpark. - loved it, morning exercise was 45min on waterslide.
- Nice stay with adventure experiences. -
- Nice to recommed -
- Nice, Big Resort - This place is big !! Pools, Waterpark,Big Grounds for strol
- service - Waterpark limited time to joine which is too short. Breakfas
- Spacious rooms, good service. - Had a great time, love the water rides. Will definately revi
- stay away! - location is a big problem!! it is very far from anything. ta
- Very fun with Splash Jungle Water Park - My 8 year-old girl enjoyed the water park so much even thoug
- very nice hotel but too close to the airport - everything was just perfect accept that the airport is too n
- Very nice hotel - If you are looking for a vacation far away from the hustle a