Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (498)
Families with young children
United States of America,
August 11, 2010
Graet place close to the sand
I was really surprised at the size of this hotel property. We prefered to stay in the beach wing as it is very close to the sand. There are many pools spread out thriugh the property, so you have a lot of choices where to swim. The included breakfast buffet was acceptable. It's fun to feed the wild Minah birds that fly around the outdoor dining area. We were there during August 2010 and it was a very quiet time without many other guests around since it was the low season. I can't imagine how crowded and noisy it must get during the high season. Also the Shuttle buses to Patong and Phuket were reasonably priced compared to the taxis, about 150Baht to 200Baht roudtrip each person. All in all it is a clean, quiet hotel especially for families with children. Don't feel like the eating and drinking from your inroom minibar? There is a reasonably priced mini-market near the front desk check-in area.
August 03, 2010
Right on the beach, close to shops, quiet in the off season
It's a very large resort and fortunately for us it was less than half full. There are numerous swimming pools and the grounds are well cared for. We ate only breakfast in the resort and that was quite good, not the range of choices usual in this standard of hotel but it was very low season and only one dining room was operating and that was half empty. The window between the bedroom and bathroom is a very strange idea in my opinion. It is see-through one way during daytime and the other way when the light is on in the bathroom and not the bedroom. It can be negated by leaving the shower curtain drawn the whole time. The room was large and well serviced.
Families with young children
August 03, 2010
its my secoend time with same hotel,i like kamla beach its so quite not like patong beach too busy.plus its near from patong in case if u want to go for shoping.
August 02, 2010
Kamala Beach and Resort Hotel
Huge hotel with 5 swimming pools. Right next to the beach. Wonderful ambience for night time dining.
Stay was wonderful. Cable TV that has some English programmes is a plus for all non-Thai speakers. You can enjoy the sunset every evening at the beach, also while swimming in one of the 5 pools. If you would like to stay in Kamala Beach Resort hotel, stay in the new Sunwing. It's much nearer to the lobby. Shuttle to Patong is provided at certain timings for 100 baht each. Worth it if you'd like to have seafood dinner at patong. Try it!
Families with older children
July 15, 2010
Good Hotel with great Staff
Whilst being low season the Hotel was very empty & some renovations obviously going on but nothing toi disturb us. The Pools (at least 5) are all very good & the Beach front location makes this a great choice for Families. The only negatives are the usual Taxi Mafia & the choice of Breakfast.
Try Rockfish at the other end of the Beach for the 99Baht Breakfast!
July 11, 2010
beauty kamala beach
a many swimming pools in the hotel.
remember in june to octber is rain day. the best time is november to February , the sea is clear for diving.
June 25, 2010
Kamala Beach Resort
i like the condition..services etc
all the staff have a good services and the hotel great for my honeymoon.....i have not that i can say that i choosed the right hotel!!!!
hopefully i can back to kamala beach hotel for my next trip....
May 28, 2010
Quiet, nice pools, breakfast is good.
May 28, 2010
Large Resort Close to Beach
Beautiful large room (Grand Wing)
Easy access to beach
we stayed in the new grand wing which was beautiful and also in the older beach wing. the grandwing was awesome with a huge bed that was very comfortable. the beach wing was cheaper, older and not as nice, but still good value. the pools at this resort are amazing. there must be at least 8 pools. the resort is close to the beach and i was able to go surfing a few times as well.
Surfboard hire at Kamala is quite expensive (300 Baht per hour). It is cheaper at Kata (100 Baht per hour)
April 27, 2010
Good, but with some glitches
Very close to the beach, room spacious, very good breakfast, good swimmin pools, comfortable
So, the hotel has a very good potential, but minor glithces give room for some unpleasantry.
1. The non smoking policy.
I got a non-smoker room. However, to my dismay, I found out later that it was non-smoking only inside the room. That meant that I could not use the room´s balcony because the guest next door was smoking like hell from 6:30 in the morning. This is plain ridiculous. The resort is so vast, why not reserve some alleys for non smokers?
Same applies to the pools. The resort has a number of swimming pools. However, the smokers have total freedom to contaminate them all. With some half dozen pools available, why not reserve at least one for non smokers?
2. The wi-fi internet.
At 5 dollars per hour (900 baht for 6 hours) it is already an assault and a shame. WIFI INTERNET MUST BE FREE!!! There are no costs involved once the thing is installed. In any case, in spite of the absurd price, the connection was very weak and unstable in my room. Many times I had to leave the room with my notebook and walk all the way to the hall to get a signal.
Worse, at times it simply crashed. Living in Brazil, I needed it at night time, but one of the nights the server computer was simply removed by the IT, who incredibly could not fix whatever was wrong for more than 12 hours. Next morning I came to the reception to complain I would not pay for the full voucher because when I needed there was no internet. Then I was met with some resistance at start, people saying the voucher for internet was not refundable. I brought them down to reality explaining how should I pay for a service they were not providing, and after some excitement finally, at least they indeed cancelled the voucher and refunded the money.
3. There was another inconvenience worth of note. When I asked to check my pending costs there was a 500 baht expense for night guest - which I never took! Again, after some brief tension, it was found out that the signature was not even close to mine on the night guest´s.
It is just next door to Kamala beach, a good spot for the traveller in search of relaxing. If you expect exciting nightlife, better hire a room in Patong
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Kamala Beach Resort - A Sunprime Resort, Phuket
- A 100% Hotel! - warm smiles from the front desk staff and a glass of cooling
- A Lovely Hotel with Great Service - away from the hustle bustle of phuket town but still has the
- A relaxing holiday - The Kamala beach hotel is based right on the beach and has v
- Bad staff, no free wifi in lobby as promised - Enjoyed big spacious rooms. The bathroom is very nice. Big d
- Beach Hotel with nice rooms - our 3rd stay in this hotel. i guess there is no more to say.
- beautiful big resort located at a quiet beach - We enjoyed staying at the resort very much. Great access to
- Did not meet expectations - Overall, 3 out of 5. Basic, ordinary food/wine menu. Inatten
- Excellent accommodation, staff and surroundings - not being used to this style of what must be a 5 star accomm
- family hotel - the hotel overal is pretty decent. wouldn't expect much from
- Good & Bad - good: location, pools, nice room.
bad: two bad points:
- Good location, reasonal price. - Location is superb, just next to beach. Nice breakfast. Ho
- Good location - This hotel was not bad . It's access to the beach & main st
- Good - We stayed at deluxe bungalow. Facility is a little old but g
- great hotel, beautiful facilities and service! - we really enjoyed our stay at the kamala beach resort. upon
- Great Location - had five days here. loved it. stayed in older part which fr
- Great - The hotel stay was really good.
The view on the beach was
- it is just ok - hotel is very big. There's 2 parts. one for family with youn
- kamala beach resort - I arranged a transfer through the hotel which is expensive b
- Kamala cool - I was really surprised at the size of this hotel property. W
- Kamala - At Kamala, I exactly did not have the time of my life. The t
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - Got a free upgrade. Beautiful welcome drink called Rosell ma
- Lovely Hotel unfortunately with smelly rooms - We were very dissapointed with the continuous smell in two o
- lovely staff but less than good management - Sadly we loved the location, so close to the beach, lovely s
- Nice hotel and clean - Very nice hotel,clean and the people was very friendly
- Perfect location - We are usually not resort stayers however Kamala Beach Resor
- Phuket - This was a great buy for the money. There were mostly northe
- Quiet and peaceful - Our stay in Kamala beach resort was a very nice experience.
- Quite relaxing resort -
- Recommended because it s cheap. - We like this hotel because is near Patong and is on the beac
- Very big hotel but with rigth on the beach - Great location rigth on the beach with nice renovated rooms.
- Very nice resort. - really enjoyed my stay there, not as busy or rowdy as patong
- We loved the hotel! - Although we stayed only 2 days, we enjoyed the hotel! Big te