Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (920)
March 20, 2012
Great location but room not as expected
hotel was not up to my expectations. Rooms looked much beeter in pictures. Furniture is too old. Not worth the money you pay for however the location is great and the beach is very nice.
March 19, 2012
One of the best beach I ever went to
Nice scenary and good service from staffs
First time to Katathani Phuket Beach Resort. Enter the room with surprise. Never expect the room to be neat and big. Clean and cozy environment to stay in.
Families with older children
March 19, 2012
Great location right on a beautiful clean beach
Fantastic breakfast buffet, close to shops, restaurants and transport
we really enjoyed our stay at katathani , it is a beautiful resort tight on the beach, crystal clear water and beautiful grounds. staff are very friendly, food high quality. there is a taxi rank right outside making it easy to get to shops, other restaurants and sightseeing. happy hour drinks are great, and surprisingly itnisncheap to eat around the pool as well.
our kids 16,14 & 12 were well entertained the whole time with a choice of pools.
great family holiday .
There are great restaurants on the beach at Kata Noi, only 1km away,Take a tuk tuk or walk. Very cheap and good food. We also enjoyed Fantasea and the buffet was great, take a trip to Phi Phi but book a VIP tour, extra money but smaller numbers on boat. We also loved the Big Buddha.
March 16, 2012
Lovely hotel in idyllic location
Right on the ocean, secluded from all the hustle and bustle of Patong
we recently spent 3 days staying at katathani resort. really nice hotel, clean and staff were very attentive. we staying on the 3rd floor in a deluxe room. the room was big with a ks bed, flat screen tv and a dvd player (buy some movies from mr noon's in patong for 60thb each). there was a couch, coffee table and a little table & 2 chairs if you wanted to eat in the room. 2 of the mornings we had breakfast in our room - which cost an extra per person but well worth it and was a really nice brekky.
the resort is really quiet at night time but the hotel runs a minibus and for a small charge will take you into patong for 2hrs and back to resort. we spent half our time in busy patong at another hotel so that we could do all our shopping and left the relaxing time until at the katathani which was so good. we ate in the resort only 1 night which was at a thai night and the food was ok but cost and you can get a really good meal outside resort for about half that price. also the hotel has free internet use, there are computers at various locations within the resort and the hotel even lets you print use the printer at no cost (rare). all in all a beautiful place, lovely beach, nice pools, food nice and polite staff,
Some nice restaurants outside the resort in Kuta and Karon which aren't that far by tuk-tuk or taxi.
Families with young children
March 16, 2012
Great resort on the beach
I stayed with my husband and 1 1/2 year daughter at the Katathani. It is an absolute must if you want a secluded resort with all the facility on the resort itself. Its located right on the beach with all beach facilities. The resurants on the resort are good (buffets are good value for money). The resort is very spacious with beautiful green lawns between the 4 pools. If you are a party fan then this hotel might be too far away from the nightlife facilities. But if you want a quit place with lots of space and just hang out on the beach and by the pool: this is the palce to be. Good facilities for young children.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Located right on the beach.
Families with young children
March 16, 2012
Luxury hotel with friendly and nice staff
splendid garden with swimming pool, very nice accomodation, beautiful beaches
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel very much. We appreciated especially marvellous gardens with a swimming pool and bars and massages and pedicure (or manicure) in the gardens. The services were excellent as well as the food. We would recommend this hotel to everybody who wants to enjoy his holiday to the maximum. It is one of the best hotels on Phuket we have been to. It is also suitable for children.
We visited a Steak House where excellent steaks are served.
Families with older children
March 09, 2012
great location, great resort
Right on the beach which is very clean! Crystal clear water
Beautiful resort, great breakfast buffet, staff were very helpful & friendly.
Accomodation very nice, great ocean views.
Resort activities excellent as well
There are 2 restaurants just across the road , great food, very reasonable.
Also in Kata Noi, good choice of restaurants along beach front.
United States of America,
March 08, 2012
Incredible, peaceful Gem
essentially private beach, massages on the grass, short tuktuk ride to Kata and Karon
We went to the Katathani as a 30th birthday present and it definitely did not disappoint. All staff are respectful, kind and able to provide information and assistance as required. My wife and I will never forget the 60-minute massages on the grass for $6--amazing!
The food was overall very nice--breakfast is a full on affair, while the options for lunch are limited but tasty and dinner can go anything from simple buffet fare to thai seafood blowout. The best meal we had was at Fisherman's Wharf--the manager special ordered me whole friend fish absolutely covered with chopped thai chilis and sweet sauce.
Yes, beers are a little steep and food is more expensive on the resort than in Karon (Kata is still fairly pricey), but that is the price you pay if you don't feel like leaving to drink/eat.
We stayed in the suites which was an excellent call--beautiful rooms right next to the beach.
James Bond Island seems like a 'must do' trip, but trust me you'll survive without it. Go for the snorkeling trip instead. James Bond Island is covered in souvenir huts and smells like sewage.
March 03, 2012
great hotel on phuket's best beach
the location of this hotel is just perfect, right on phuket's most beautiful beach, kata noi. there's only one hotel right on the beach, and it's this one. the hotel is separated in two wings, we stayed in the "cheapest", the bhuri wing, but cheaper doesn't mean bad, the rooms are very clean and well maintained, the pool is quiet, much more than the other wing. beach access is immediate, grounds are superb, and this part of the island is really quiet compared to even kata next door...
March 02, 2012
this is not a 5 star resort but very well maintained
directly on a very nice beach
very very well maintained property, spotlessly cleas
good breakfast buffet
very uncomfortable bed
for my taste too big hotel, lacks a "personal " or "charm" feel
a bit secluded and the taxis to kata or karon i found them very expensive compared to other places in thailand. there are not many dining options outside the hotel that are at walking distance
free wifi in this category should be a must...
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, Phuket
- A good getaway - More expensive but worthwhile for the privacy available.
- Ac smells like mold. - Good standard, but the ac needs to be cleaned. The resort is
- Be aware of extra charges.... - We had to pay an extra THB 1,500 for one child per night and
- Beautiful beach and facilities, shame about room - Katathani is a stunning resort located on a very nice beach.
- Brilliant - Huge resort. Rooms were high quality, and our view was of th
- Complete Ripoff - This place is way over priced and the room was nothing speci
- Excellent location for a tranquil holiday.. - It's the second time we stay at this hotel and it's definite
- Excellent resort in Phuket - everything is so good. room is wide, clean, nice sea view an
- Fabulous resort for everyone. - I went to the resort with my teenage daughter and we had a w
- First class hotel and resort - the service from all the staff in the hotel was second to no
- Good hotel! - My friend lives in Phuket who recommended this hotel, we rea
- Good location, good service with a friendly smile. - Our family group consists of 14 people, from very old (81) t
- Good Location, hotel and staff - The hotel is located on Kata Noi beach which is a quiet almo
- Good service and nice staff and nicest beach - We stayed there for 3 nights. Overview of this hotel are cle
- Great for families with children - everything worked flawlessly, it was easy to stay with a chi
- Great Hotel, Not-So-Great Location - Loved the professional service, everyone is prepared to serv
- Great location but room not as expected - hotel was not up to my expectations. Rooms looked much beete
- Great location, excellent facilities. - Friendly welcome. Staff helpful, polite.
- great resort on a beautiful beach - had a great stay here, our room had a balcony which overlook
- great resort with private beach - really enjoyed to stay here. friendly staffs, private beach
- Great resort - Although there were a lot a children they had an adult pool
- hotel fine - staff excellent - room fine but nothing special. staff at katathani are very f
- Just another quiet Clean beach - Its a huge hotel, But the cheap room is like half mile from
- just perfect - The quality is same to Movenpick. Bravo. Room service very c
- katathani august 2008 - We spent a short week at kata thani in august 2008 (which is
- Katathani Beach Resort - Fisherman's Wharf restaurant - excellent food and service.
- Katathani Beach Resort - I loved Katahani Beach Resort. It is a big hotel but because
- Katathani heaven in Phuket - What a tranquil paradise tucked away from the hustle & noise
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, -
- Katathani: Great Experience! - I love this hotel, this is the best hotel that I face in my
- Katathani - Would stay again
- Kathathani Hotel - Loved this place and would go back to stay at this hotel. W
- Large hotel, Quiet location - Had a lovely stay at Katathani. Our room was a good size an
- Lovely beachfront location - another lovely stay the hotel. this is our second stint at k
- Lovely Hotel and lovely staff - overall i really enjoyed staying at the katathani. the staff
- Lovely hotel with great location and service - we had actually booked 2 double rooms, but we got an upgrade
- Lovely hotel, with plenty of facilities - My partner and I spent a lovely few days at the Kata Thani.
- Lovely location with great facilities - the impeccable beach, with its powdery sand, is not crowded
- Lovely resort on a beautiful property - Overall, our stay at the hotel was very satisfactory. The f
- luxury resort very friendly at a great location - i would highly recommend this hotel, service is great, beaut
- Mr - The resort has everything you need for a getaway, especially
- Nice and easy to relax and getaway - We're staying 2 nights in Kata and had a nice time in here.
- nice and lovely place for couples -
- Nice hotel but pitty about the staff - great hotel, only if you dont mind the cost of taxis or tuk
- nice hotel, great location - We had a nice stay at the hotel and the staff were very curt
- Nice hotel, nice beach - This is a very nice hotel in a beautiful stretch of beach th
- nice location, by the beach - Nice hotel but the price is a bit high. All requests were me
- nice rooms and grounds lovely - We enjoyed our stay but found facilities a bit old fashioned
- Ok hotel. Dated. Poor internet - if you need internet this hotel is not for you. their lobby
- Outdated hotel with not much character - The room smelled so mouldy that after our third "complaint"
- perfect place to unwind room decor a little dated - from the second we arrivered the staff we very warm and invi
- Phuket,Thailand - The staff is wonderful,friendly and very proffesional,always
- Quiet Location, hidden away from city - Firstly, great hospitailty and service from the staff which
- Relaxing - Spent 4 days at the resort and had a very relaxing time. It
- Simply the best - From the moment we got there the 5 star treatment started .
- Stay - Location was suburb! Facilities such as pool, deck chairs, b
- The experience grew to more positive day by day! - We stayed at Hotel Katathani beach resort for 12 days and ou
- Very helpful Manager, excellent servicing - The band that played every cpl nights was amazing.. staff on
- Very nice!! - The staff were fantastic and very helpful, fulfilling all ou