Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (529)
Families with young children
June 22, 2011
Great location, good restaurants.
Location, Swimming pool, Restaurants
the hotel location is very good, a lot of restaurant and grocery stores near by. the swimming pool is perfect for kids.
the beach quality isn't very good. you have to pay for chair and umbrella as the hotel doesn't provide it, which is very unusual for a beach resort.
very disappointing with the airport pick up services. they sent us a very small car where we couldn't fix all our baggage. they had to make two trips and tried to charge us with two airport pick up fees.
you can find better hotel in phuket for the same value for the money
Families with young children
June 16, 2011
Villa, breakfast, huge garden, location
All was good. My family hated to leave there. best hotel in Karon area, I guess. I got a free upgrade to villa because it's off-season. Room was good with outdoor shower. It can really be called resort due to its huge conpound and many restaurants. Breakfast was best I had ever. fruit juice, etc.
Outside road was good atmosphere to share with family, small and local seafood shops and not lucid bars. If you come from rural area and want to enjoy the fun and city life, then patong area is better, which has many bars and girls. But If want to have some peace and relaxation, katon is better. One or two times visit to potong would be enough
phiphi don trip was good and cheap(you should contact at least two agency to compare price. fantasea was so-so considering the high price. What make me feel absurd, the gold seats(middle) were empty because you have to pay 250 bhat more, which I did. Company has to think about it, why it put all the people to outside seats to make some money.
June 15, 2011
Very nice all included resort, a bit overpriced
3 Pools, good breakfast buffet
the hotel is well placed in karon, between two popular hang out streets, just across the road from the beach and had many choices of restaurants and bars inside the hotel.
karon market is just 2 minutes walk from hotel city exit.
easiest way to get to phuket town is to go to hotel beach exit and wait on the opposite side of the road for phuket bus. should be for a 30min ride a lot better than by tuk tuk or taxis.
June 13, 2011
The hotel had a very nice lobby and reception area. 5 minute walk to the beach.
The breakfast was excellent. They had very good cleaning and security staff,
The layout of the hotel was not great. Turned out that they had 3 swimming pools but we only saw one.
The hotel was quite good but nothing amazing.
June 11, 2011
Lovely hotel in great location.
The hotel was lovely and a pleasure to stay at The staff were friendly, the food was great and located just across the road from the beach
This hotel was recommended to us and lived up to our expectations. We regret that we were only there for 5 days. The food was fabulous, the swim up bar was a bonus. Overall our stay was pretty special. Thankyou for a wonderful and memorable stay. Can't wait to come back.
June 07, 2011
Great location near Karon
Location,Clean and less crowded
near beaches and street.since we went in off season the place was less crowed and hence excellent value for money.also this is great place for couples.we went their as part of honey moon trip and belive we their is no better place.
both of enjoyed each moment to full,please dont forget to visit phi-phi island.
please be careful when you explore night life.enjoy the street food.specially pat thai and pan cakes.
Families with young children
May 31, 2011
Lovely hotel and service with a smile
Good service, Very helpful staff, Good hospitality
We are welcomed to hotel with garland and it is nice experience. My son Tuviksha enjoyed Kids Zone, Kids zone is very good for children, staff takes care of children nicely and there are kids activities which will be charged but it is worth having those activities to kids.
Very good lobby to relax and spend time.Over all we have enjoyed stay and we are looking forward to visit Movenpick again.
United States of America,
May 27, 2011
Old run down making it look like a 5 stars
Very disappointed about this so-called 5 star hotel. However, we did not see anything better in Phuket. Hilton next door is similarly run down. Got mosquito bite left and right. They have the most expensive internet charge in any 5 star hotels we have stayed. The rooms look like a typical 4 stars hotel.
The water around those island are cloudy and polluted. Snorking in that water made one wonder why they have not done a better job in treating their sewage. Bali was the same, on some islands the raw sewage filled the whole island and you cannot even walk on the island. The untreated sewage spilled into the ocean and that was where we dived.
The so-called city tour offer by Paradise was a rip off. It was a 5 hour trip but after 1 and half hours of driving to the city we were told there wasn't anything to see anymore so they dumped us on the side of the road " to go shopping".
May 27, 2011
Hotel with grand see view and smilely faces
great view, efficient service, lovely swimming pool
My trip to Phuket was a company incentive trip.
I didn't want to share a room with my colleague, so I booked a room with ocean view in the same hotle and pay by myself.
My living experience in this hotle, Moevenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach, made me feel quite worthwhile to pay.
All facilities were well designed in details.
All the hotle staffs are polite and high efficient.
My room was in the 5th floor of the main building, with grand sea view and green mountain view.
There are 3 swimming pools. I like the coconut pool most. Quite, straight shape, in the middle of village suites.
If you like shopping, take a taxi or dudu to Patong. There is a big shopping mall, Jungceylon.
May 19, 2011
Great Location but average room
this is definitely not a 5 star hotel. we arrived here after a long flight from melbourne and they hadn't receieved our booking, so we had to wait a while for a room. we took this opportunity to have some breakfast while waiting, only just making it about 10 minutes before breakfast ended. due to this the restaurant was quite dirty and there were flies buzzing around. when they finally had our room ready we went up and i was quite disspointed with the room, it is nowhere near as nice as the pictures. it looks very old and dated, with stains on the carpet & bits of plaster missing off the walls. also the bed was probably the hardest i have ever slept in, the first night we could barely sleep as it was like concrete. probably would have been better off on the floor! in the morning we enquired about this but were told the beds were the same in all rooms (disappointing for a hotel that is rated 5 star). the pool also looks a bit dirty, murky water. the location is very good, being walking distance to all major shopping centres - this is probably the only great thing about this hotel.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Moevenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket, Phuket
- Beautiful grounds....great location - very friendly with impeccable service. everyone was willing
- Best buffet breakfast I have ever had! - this hotel was great, there was security at the entrances wh
- Big hotel - Very big hotel. There are main building and many villas.
- family-oriented resort - The hotel is geared for families and kids, so single people
- Fantastic hotel with a great location - fantastic breakfast every morning, used pool on daily basis,
- Good hotel but the room needs renovation - Overall our stay was great except there was one day, the hot
- Gorgeous Hotel, great service! - we arrived a 11am and it was wow from when we walked in, imm
- Great hotel with good location - Is really nice hotel with good location and the staff is rea
- Great Hotel! - this is my third time staying at this hotel and the service
- Great hotel, good F&B - Relaxing place, full of gardens, great swimming pools.
- great hotel, with great pool and location - great hotel, but a bit pricey, if you are looking for a valu
- Great hotel - A good hotel but the staff is lack in communication.
- Great location, good restaurants. - the hotel location is very good, a lot of restaurant and gr
- great location, lovely resort - Friendly helpful staff, roomy rooms, great view from balcony
- Great pool and breakfast - We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wished we could stay long
- Great Resort for vacation - This is my second time to stay in Movenpick. It is a very n
- great service - it was relaxing, the hotel facilities were good, the beach w
- Great spot for a relaxing getaway - I was there for 4 days and 3 nights with some family. The id
- Lovely resort, great location but wifi very pricey - Need wifi in rooms, wifi should be free in 5* resort, prices
- Lovely, luxury hotel with friendly staffs - arrived hotel late night and received warm welcome from frie
- Movenpick Resort & Spa - A very nice and friendly hotel and resort with a high qualit
- My great pleasure staying at Movenpick - I stayed 2 nights with my hubby. We got the room on the top
- Nice Gardens - We booked the Phi Phi Island trip through one of the operato
- nice resort -
- Such a beautiful and enjoyable resort with the lot - Stayed at the end of September 2012. We were lucky and the w
- We loved this hotel! Beautiful grounds. - We thought the size of our plunge pool villa was perfect des
- Will be Back again -
- Worn out, but still pretty good - We arrived at this hotel just to discover what Karon is. Be