Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1917)
May 30, 2010
Good room size and great location
Rooms are good sized, well equipped and clean. Another plus is the location close to beach, nightlife and shopping. Hard pressed to find another hotel that provides this value.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Some taxis may not know the location, i believe the hotel was previously called Jintana and its located on the road before Bangla Road.
May 30, 2010
Good Stay at R Mar Hotel
Friendly stuff and cleaniness. The Deluxe room is very comfortable and quiet although located in busy Patong street. A very good place to recomend for stay. Food, massage and laundry are very nearby with good price bargain.
Overall the hotel is good especially the environment is very calm with good atmosphere. The breakfast alarcart buffet is nice and delicious. I will planning to stay at this hotel again next time visit to Phuket.
May 25, 2010
R Mar hotel
The location, it is relatively near the happening area, but still secluded enough to not hear the noise. The staff were friendly, the room service was good and very fast.
The overall stay was very pleasant, however, there were some issues that need solving by the hotel. First few days we were there, our hotel room key worked fine, on the 3rd day, the key did not work after we returned form breakfast, and they had to call the owner of the key company to come down with a device to open our doors for us, delaying our ATV trip out.
After more than 2 hours of trying to open our doors, and after asking for their advice, they said the key works, so we can remain in our original room, however after we returned from our trip, the door cannot be opened again, and yet again they had to call the head technician to solve it. So they transferred us to another room, and there was a black out and only the new room was affected. So we were definitely very unlucky on this trip. Even after so many things, their only offer was to extend our check out to 1pm, which was what they initially offered us upon check in (before all the issues). After much talk, they finally agreed to extend to 3pm, however i felt that it wasn't reasonable as they really out us through alot of pain of having to pack and unpack again, when they were the ones who told us not to move.
In conclusion, i will probably return to the hotel, but i will not stay in the same room.
May 24, 2010
Will stay here again!
good location, near the bar street and 10 mins walk to shopping mall. very friendly staff with professional attitude. Room is bigger than website's photos, clean and comfortable.
very good location that i can say, 10 mins walk to the patong beach and not noisy at night. The breakfast in hotel is not providing as buffet style, but not bad. We have ordered "tong yum kung" and some foods for lunch in the first raining day, very outstanding food that you must try in R Mar !
20 mins to phuket town, sunday market. its around 450 bt.
May 23, 2010
Average stay...nothing to brag
The deluxe room and toilet are big. Except you have to bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste. They do not provide. Staff generally polite and accommodating. Requested for a late check-out by 1pm. Came down only around 1.30pm. No problem with that. Distance to Patong beach, Bangla Rd and Jungceylon(The biggest shopping mall in Patong) is only a short walk from hotel. The security guard at the gate does not fail to salute us each time we return to the hotel. :)
R Mar Hotel is situated in a quiet area. Hardly noisy. Very peaceful. You can visit the many night market stalls just outside the main road selling Beer singlets and Red Bull t-shirts. Make sure you bargain. Usually asking price is about 450baht each. You should at least half the amount maybe 200baht to 250baht is more than sufficient. Also, you can check out the many foot massage parlours. Price starts from 250baht for an hour. Else, walk a little farther to Jungceylon Shopping Mall. There is a Carrefour supermarket. Do checkout the beers and potato chips, really cheap.
- Bangla Rd for the pubs
- Jungceylon for shopping (Carrefour, Robinson departmental stores etc)
May 22, 2010
very central to patong beach so close to everything shopping nite markets & so on
when we arrived at the rmar resort & spa they greeted us with a cool drink ,that was o.k then they checked us in but then they told us the room would not ready for two hours ,if you can understand when you have been travelling for a while all you want to do is have a shower & tidy up & relax
May 21, 2010
very central very close to everything
the rmar resort & spa was very central to all
shopping restaurants nite markets the beach trying to understand there english was sometimes very hard there was realy only one person ho spoke it that you could understand .when ever we asked for anything they were always there to help out overall i would give them 8 out of 10
shopping for the girls was great they loved it
will return back great holiday
May 21, 2010
r mar resort
staff very freindly further from the beach than we expected good security at front gate
rooms nice with good balcony would have been better with direct access to the pool, no gym at resort
nice size pool,but spa in pool and water fall both
not working,very nice and happy staff and could understand moderate english overall nice place to stay close to shopping area.
good restaurants near beach
Families with young children
May 16, 2010
R Mar Resort and Spa (a nice resort)
Clean bed and Pillow, big bathroom. Motorbike rental just outside the resort. Swimming pool is small but clean. The staffs are very friendly.
The construction of new wing is right in front of my balcony, and the seaview is totally blocked. My balcony no longer can be used, as there are many construction workers right in front of our balcony, and there is no privacy. Our balcony doors and the curtains have to keep closed for the whole trip. If you plan to stay here, try to request for non-construction view. The floor of the room is quite dusty as the construction is going on. However, the resort provide room slippers.
There are meny tour booths around the area. U can check the prices and try to reduce the prices as u go down the street. If u have a big group, ask for the price for 2 people and if are satify with the price they quoted, inform them that your group have 6 people or more and reduce the price further. The seafood near the beaches are very very expensive. Try the seafood stalls along the streets. they are about 50% cheaper. U can also have your clothing washed just outside the resort for just 50Bahts/kg, which i consider cheap.
May 16, 2010
It is quiet no disturbance
We like the hotel simply is because it is quiet and clean. They should improve their facility and breakfast.
It is a 10 mins walk to life
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - R Mar Resort and Spa, Phuket
- A hidden gem - The location is only a short walk to pa tong beach. The hot
- A lovely hotel! - my boyfriend and i had a pleasant stay at r mar resort and s
- Awesome Experience - The hotel staff were very very friendly and they saw to our
- beautiful hotel and friendly service - the location of the hotel is good, 5mins from the street and
- Beautiful hotel and modern designed room - A very good place to stay.Everything was nice and satisfy,no
- Beautiful Resort with friendly staff - this was the best resort ever! the rooms are big and spotles
- Best Resort on phuket! - Firstly, the location is simply brilliant. surrounded by the
- Centrally located - The hotel is conveniently located just off the main entertai
- Cheap and cheerful! - We chose this hotel as a stop overnight hotel since we arriv
- Clean - Apart from the downside of the electricity issues... we coul
- convenience loaction - It's good location in the Phuket, 5 minutes walk far from th
- Excellent place to stay, friendly staff -
- Excellent service and facilities - anyway, R Mar was an excellent place for people escape from
- EXTREMELY RUDE RESTAURANT MANAGER! - The resort room is very clean & spacious! The resort staffs
- Fabulous hotel in a fantastic location! - This hotel is absolutly top class and fantastic value for mo
- Friendly staffs and beautiful room - I love the cleaniness of the room. I think it is because the
- Front desk staffs are very helpful and friendly. - The room have bad sound proofing, wake up by next door guest
- good breakfast -
- Good location and quiet - Friendly staff but bath tub poorly designed and leaked onto
- Good location, Good service - Book the hotel based on the reviews and was not disapointed.
- good one in good location - the hotel is at good position, easy to the downtown and the
- Good Value for money. - I must say that this is one of the better hotel which I have
- Good - Nice hotell near beach and center/nightlife, very nice stuff
- Great hotel and service - great staff as we did not arrive until 4am and they we there
- Great hotel, great location & great service - close to the beach but quiet@ the hotel so we can relax. ver
- Great hotel, hard to find - Not sure if this hotel name is undergoing a name change or a
- great location but thin room wall - Excellent location to access to the Patong beach and shoppin
- Great location but with bad service - the hotel service is very bad, even shouting to the children
- Great location with fasion decoration - - good location, 5 min walk from skytrain
- staff friendly
- Great location with reasonable rate - The hotel is located in the heart of Patong beach. Most of t
- Great location, lovely hotel and good service - great location. it is quite near to the beach and also is qu
- great location, quite - At the first look, the hotel may be a little disappointing,
- Great Location - Hotel is quite new and room condition was great. Breakfast w
- Great location - In walking distance you can easily find restaurants, markets
- Great location - This is a great place to stay if you're after a clean hotel
- Great location - Very good hotel,
- great locaton. staff friendly - this hotel was perfect.
location was central to everything.
- Great place to be! - Breakfast is very good and there are plenty of choices. Staf
- Great place to stay - Very quiet for a centrally located resort. Everything we wan
- Great place with good value for money! - Had a great time staying here balcony is nice, view of the m
- Great Resort, Location, and Friendly staff - this is a great resort with very friendly staff and location
- Great service and lovely hotel - This time I booked 4 rooms, when we arrived at hotel at 11 o
- Great Value - Rooms are good sized, well equipped and clean. Another plus
- Lovely and Comfort Hotel - i really really like to enjoy staying at this hotel.. this h
- Lovely Hotel , Nice location - I stay @ R Mart with my friend for a week , every relaxing h
- Lovely hotel and great location - We chose R-mar because of the location which we did not regr
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile and Great lo - is a nice hotel and clean and a Great location, i think in t
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - Very nice and acceptable hotel. Conviniently located in the
- lovely hotel good location - hotel great location as everything nearby, my only critisim
- Lovely hotel in a great location - stayed for 2 nights during 26-28 mar 2011. reached hotel bef
- Lovely hotel with Big rooms - Super clean & big rooms. Loved the breakfast spread.
- Lovely Hotel with great service - R-Mar is a very decent hotel to stay in given the discounted
- Lovely hotel, great location and fantastic room. - It was a great pleasure to stay here, with big room and bath
- Lovely hotel, great location and fantastic staff - i loved this hotel, it is smaller than other places i stayed
- Lovely Hotel - Good stay for relax after busy visit around Phuket Island.
- Lovely resort and spa is 4 star not 3 - R mar is is a lovely resort and spa can review at 4 star and
- Nice hotel and good service - comfortable room but no lift to the room..a bit quiet while
- nice hotel at the center of fun area - it was a very nice hotel. very near the beach, just 5 minute
- Nice hotel but stay away - Rooms are comfortable but unfortunately as staff admitted th
- Nice hotel in the heart of Patong - My friends & me stayed 3 nights there. V good location, walk
- Nice Hotel with a good location - Good hotel, with good service, location good for accessing m
- nice hotel with modern rooms - the hotel is in a very goood location, only a couple of minu
- Nice hotel, quiet location, friendly staff. - Stayed for 5 nights at the R Mar. Very impressed, rooms were
- Nice hotel. - Nice swimming pool.
Better to get free wifi than mini bar
- Nice Place - it was a nice place, but the rooms were loud because of hard
- Nice resort, value for money -
- Nice Stay! - My wife and me had a nice stay here. Will definately stay ag
- nice stay - food was easily accessible along street
10mins walk to junc
- nice - Hotel rooms are clean and new, staffs are friendly.near bang
- Nice - This is a nice hotel, I have a problem communicating with th
- Oasis ib the middle of Chaos - Nice place to rest in the middle of all the chaos amongst th
- one of the best hotels in phuket - very good hotel, room staff are very good and trust worthy.
- Our honeymoon - Very nice stay at R Mar resort.We both, me and my wife very
- Perfect Stay - All is good..... room,cleanliness, facilities, quiet atmosp
- Pleasant stay at R Mar - 1) Location is very best... near all hot shot places, bangla
- Quiet Oasis in the middle of Patong - We only stayed one night, but we thought the R Mar was a ver
- R Mar Resort and Spa -
- R Mar Resort and Spa -
- R Mar Resort and Spa -
- R Mar Resort and Spa - The hotel is conveniently located in Patong, being a two min
- Right from our arrival it was service with a smile - turning off one of the main resort roads,i thought omg what
- R-Mar Resort & Spa - was happy to have stayed at R-Mar. Its away from the noisy n
- r-mar resot and spa - fantastic - drink on arrival, friendly staff, fantastic room, great bath
- Satisfied - This hotel represents decent value for money. It is close to
- the best location to stay in patong - we extended 2 nights stay after i've booked in advance one n
- Very bad services - During stay for 3 days, every day current blackout. Staff se
- Very clean hotel, Internet should be free! - very good service, but i suggest they have shuttle bus servi
- Very clean new hotel in a great location.... - me and my partner had a lovely stay here. the hotel is quit
- very good service with very smily people. - A very good choise if you like to stay in patong.good locati
- very modern hotel - r-mar hotel is a very new hotel with very spacious and moder
- Very nice hotel in the great location - The hotel is close to the main street and the beach is in wa
- very nice hotel - nice hotel when you approach it through the back streets you
- Very nice rooms, friendly staff in a good lacation - My short stay at the R mar was very nice,the staff welcome y
- Very Very nice intimate Resort - we stayed for one week at r mar resort last week and it was
- Wonderful Staff and Great Location. - excellent. the staff where wonderful and the location super