Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (601)
Families with older children
August 10, 2012
great location and service
poolside service, location close to beach and patong central
this hotel is older style presenting a "Thai" experience we think - lots of ornate wood. the rooms are comfortable but a bit dated. the pool is not huge but more than adequate - nice lounges around the pool and attentive staff to get you a drink or snack form the bar. the loacation is amazing - 300 metres from the beach and 1 block from Bangla road - very central to everything. Was disapointed in the one time we had dinner at the restaurant. breakfasts though were great. not really a problem as surrounded by good places to eat. their free WiFi was snails pace so travellers need 3G access if they want to go on line.
thos hotel very close to Bangla road for shopping by day and partying by night. be prepared for street vendors to try and entice you into their shops, some even grabbing you by the elbow to steer you in.
August 09, 2012
It's good location in Phuket. You can easily go to the restaurants and go to shopping in Phuket. The room is good and comfortable. Our room has a big jakuzzi. Couples can enjoy there holiday there.
Have seafood there. It's cheap and fresh.
August 08, 2012
Lovely hotel, rooms, pool, everything
we loved our stay at the royal phawadee village hotel, we had an amazing room overlooking the tranquil pool area. the reception staff were very helpful and nice, the pool area is beautiful. the grounds and rooms were kept very neat, clean and tidy. i loved the location of this hotel, only a block away from bangla rd and about 20 meters from patong beach, it was close enough to walk and do lots of shopping but far enough away from all the noise. it was on a really quiet little street so even relaxing by the pool you couldn't hear any traffic noise. beautiful, we would stay here again.
United States of America,
August 07, 2012
Nice escape in the depths of Patong
Beautiful setting, clean (but small) pool, good enough restaurant, helpful staff.
my fiancee and i stayed here for two nights. we reserved the pavilion bungalow (recommended) for one night as it is separate for the larger multi-level hotel structures and reserved a cheaper room for the next. upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to the pavilion bungalow for the next night at the same cost as a cheaper room. we had to wait a bit for our room to be prepared and so they gave us a "discount" on a boat tour for the following day as well. the staff were mostly pleasant and most spoke english well enough.
our room was very clean and more spacious than we had expected from other reviews. the private jacuzzi was clean and included some very special friends living underneath it, a litter of brand new kittens who were quite cute and added a lot of entertainment for us.
yes, the room smelled a bit of mildew and the staff, who were mostly friendly, were slow at times to meet our needs, but if you know thailand then that shouldn't come as a surprise at all. things move slower in thailand. why shouldn't they?
if you are going to patong but want a quiet, beautiful place to sleep, the royal phawadee village hotel is a nice option.
In regards to the night life, it is a quick 10 minute walk from the hotel grounds. The 'dirty' beach is about 5 minutes. The mall is about 15-20 minutes on foot. I recommend eating there (not in the food court but at the restaurants outside) as the food is much better than anywhere else in town. You can get a great dinner with wine and appetizers for two for only about 25 bucks. Spendy for Thailand, but very good quality food.
Families with older children
August 04, 2012
big big room but service need to be improved
I just pay for an extra bed and they actually give us a two-storey room!
I just pay for an extra bed and they actually give us a two-storey room!Unbeliveble!I am very satisfied with the room and everything is comfortble and spacious.
However, their staff need to be trained.On the first day we arrived, the fan in the room is switched off but mysteriously switched on on the second day. So I tried to switched off b4 I sleep (the fan is just on top of bed), however, no button could be found.....Then I called the front desk to help me but after she tried every button, she also could not switch off it! Then she said she would ask somebody else, but actually she just would like to kill time and after half an hour she has left.....The next staff said he also know nothing about their own hotel! I was very angry and I have to try every combination of the buttons and finally I know how to switch off fan in the room......
But how come the staff don't know their own hotel's facility?
August 02, 2012
Great Location with friendly staff
Quite and friendly staff willing to go out of their way.
The staff was friendly,but their english isnt great. Rooms where clean and spacious.The staff treat you like family. There is one thing that would make the stay even better, is there should be staff at the pool to take drink orders.
Beware of tuk tuk drivers, ignore them and dont talk to them.
August 01, 2012
Great hotel and service,great location.
Hotel was clean and staff were great.Close to beach night life and shops.
I had a great stay at the phawadee hotel.Location was close to beach night life and shops.Great pool area and good choice of food.
July 31, 2012
Good Location and tradition design
3 mins walk to patong beach; 5 mins walk to pubs; 15 mins walk to BIG shopping mall
very friendly staff to pick me up from laguna resort
helpful front desk staff
room is good (washroom and toilet are separate)
wifi is room is not too strong but still acceptable
breakfast is good with plentiful choices
swimming pool is small
July 29, 2012
Beautiful hotel but small rooms
The hotel is beautiful and the location is convenient
Extremely limited choices for breakfast and repeated daily. I stayed for 3 nights. We took two rooms and one is way larger than the other even though it's the same category.
It is located quite near the Bangla Street where all the actions are at night! It's about 3-4 minutes walk to the beach.
July 26, 2012
Good location and nice Thai Style decoration
the hotel looks very nice with a prosperous garden and a very thai style decoration from the outside. however the room smelled damp. when we arrived there, we were told that our room was not ready so had to stay at their standard room for a while first - the standard room was actually nothing related to 4 stars at all - small, plain with a strong smell. thank god they changed us to the deluxe room when we came back about 4 hours later. the deluxe room was better - bigger, better furniture, etc. however, it still smelled damp in the room. there were lots of mosquitos in the evening - actually was the worst situation among our 9 days' trip in thailand. their housekeeping office was closed after 6:00pm so we couldn't get anything to help in the end. the staffs, polite, but it seemed to me they didn't actually want to help.
the location was indeed very good and you can walk to almost everywhere at patong beach. the breakfast was ok.
Hotel Feature Tip:
The superior room was terrible and didn't worth the money you paid at all. Hope they can upgrade your room to Deluxe at least.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Royal Phawadee Village Hotel, Phuket
- Bad experience - very bad experience. I asked for the airport picking up serv
- beautiful design - Quiet location in private sanctuary in center of city
- Beautiful pavilion bungalow room - we booked this hotel as reviews stated it was close to the a
- Excellent Stay! - This is isn't for everyone if you want a very western style
- Good Location but bad mosqutios - The mosquitos were really pretty bad there, I don't know if
- Great and relaxing - excellent
- Great hotel, great service, good location - we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at phawadee. staff very acco
- great hotel - this hotel is thai style and the building is wood and lovely
- great location and service - this hotel is older style presenting a "Thai" experience we
- Great location but understaffed at Reception desk - Very nice hotel, but Reception staff not so friendly (they n
- Great location, great hotel - first time to phuket. great location. just far enough away f
- Great Location, Oasis in Patong - We enjoyed our 2-night stay in this hotel.
We love the room
- Lovely and calm hotel - Great Hotel in good location. A few minutes away from nigh
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - Its like a small village with cottage-style houses, breakfas
- Lovely hotel with large rooms - Very confortable rooms, great breakfast with excellent servi
- lovely hotel - 2nd time I stay in Phawadee but this time I took a deluxe ro
- Nice Hotel in a great location - I stayed for 7 days at the Royal Phawadee and i really enjoy
- nice hotel - very nice hotel in good location, big enough rooms with good
- Nice place , service could improve though - Bit on the pricy side, timing wasnt right cause they had som
- Nice place, great location. - rooms were a bit small. they ran out of breakfast on the fir
- Perfect Hotel - I stayed in this beautiful Hotel during the fire of December
- Pretty good for Patong but relatively basic - My girlfriend enjoyed our stay here in one of the Superiour
- Quite nice hotel - very lovely hotel. breakfast is nice. and location is great,
- Spotlessly clean and great location - we made several requests when booking the hotel and all were
- Surprised it could exist in the middle of the city - We rented a car and drove from Koh Samui to Phuket. This was
- Traditional looking Thai Hotel - pleasdeant stay. a few mosquitoes around and the reception
- very nice, quiet hotel. very conveniently located - I only stayed for 2 nights, but the hotel was clean and quie
- we enjoyed its value and Patong Beach - Customer service was very helpful. Hotel under renovation pr