Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1395)
February 27, 2012
Lovely rooms, great views and fantastic service
The views back to Karon are magnificent as is the view from the pool
Magnificent stay. Food in restaurant superb and reasonably priced (curries 200 - 240 thb). Seafood great. Views spectacular, rooms very nice. Tropical setting in amongst the trees. Only disadvantages were the 250 thb taxi into Karon (if you needed to go) and the walk up the hill to the breakfast area is exceptionally steep (45 degrees in part) and would not recommend for persons with walking difficulties (albeit the staff would pick up in golf cart if needed). Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and rooms were clean. Spent 4 days at Secret Cliff then went on to a 5 star resort in Karon that was twice the price but only half as enjoyable. Secret Cliff is a nice quiet and peaceful resort yet only 5 minutes by taxi from the Karon Centre. Definitely would recommend.
Prices in the large department stores are generally cheaper than the market / street stalls. No need to barter or get hasselled if that's what you wish to avoid. And .... if you haven't been to Ao Nang (Krabi) then just do it !!
February 26, 2012
nice hotel with great view.
staff friendly,food was good,room was clean.
location of the resort was good,nice and quite and close to karon beach and patong restaurants and nightlife.view from the room,restaurant,and the pool is fantastic.restaurant food was nice,staff were friendly,service was good.just be aware if your not into walking there's plenty of stairs and the service roads are quite steep.
If you can ride a motorbike hire one, cost around baht a day.just be careful traffic is very hectic and road conditions maybe not the same as home
February 22, 2012
set away from town centres ,provides a relaxing stop over . plesent resturaunt with amazing views out to sea and along the coast. accomodation meets all the requirements king size bed and plenty of room space,well appointed shower room.pool and bar quiet setting.
taxi required to leave this resort
United States of America,
February 22, 2012
Beautiful and comfortable.
Rooms were large and comfortable and staff members were helpful.
this place was really beautiful. we booked this hotel at a bargain price from an agoda special. otherwise, it would be quite costly. if you are okay with paying a higher price, you will get a room with a great view of the ocean (good for sunsets/sunrises), a whole porch area to yourself, an infinity pool, cable, wi-fi, and room service. there is also a shuttle that leaves the hotel once in the morning to patong beach as well as karong beach in the morning and returns in the afternoon. the staff are friendly and helpful when answering questions, but beware because they will try to sell you tours through the hotels as well as taxi trips. unless you want the tour, do just take the shuttle. it is only about 1 km either to patong or karong beach, so please don't pay baht for the taxi trip. the restaurant is okay, but we found the thai food to be low quality. i would recommend the western food.
The hotel is located on the top of a hill, so there are few things to see, do, or eat in this area and the price to go down the hill to the beach can be hefty as taxis and tuk tuks in this area are rare. Also, don't forget to bring mosquito spray as this hotel is located in the midst of many trees!
February 19, 2012
Our seaview room was beautiful. Great, spacious interior and views to die for! Staff were friendly, restaurant was pricey for Phuket standards but still cheap compared to Perth and the food was lovely.
we had read negative comments about the hotel's distance from other places. seriously, not an issue. a 10 minute tuk-tuk ride got you into patong, less than 5 minute ride to a lovely shopping/restaurant strip in karon beach. a nice pool area, good buffet breakfast, piano player serenading dinner - all up a very enjoyable stay.
Found some lovely restaurants just down the road in Karon Beach in the strip up from the round-about.
February 18, 2012
Hotel overlooks ocean, shuttle service
The rooms are spacious and from the balcony, you can enjoy the Ocean View. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Since it is situated in between Patong Beach and Katon Beach, there is a free shuttle service to and from both beaches. This saves money on taxis. There are two restaurants available, so we are able to have a choice instead of eating the same food daily. The view from the restaurant is breathe taking and great for romantic honeymooners. From the swimming pool, you are able to watch the sun set.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Rent a bike which is available at the hotel.
February 17, 2012
Gorgeous view, beautiful rooms!
Can't say enough. A tropical paradise and wonderful people!
our hotel was very clean and a amazing view of the ocean with a tropical feel. lots of different birds and the crickets told us a story every night at sunset. i guess you should know is that there is a steep walk to your room, but we thought of it as our morning and nightly little exercise. would recommend it for sure! it has a very unique and different appeal!
February 16, 2012
Great view well maintain facilities
The resort is situated at a hill top not far from two well known beaches. It is well landscaped to provide a romantic and relaxing feels and great views. Good basic facilities they have such as free transportation to beaches, restaurants at very reasonable price. Staff are helpful, polite and sufficient.
Breakfast is good
February 16, 2012
Nice room, but a bit far from Karon town and beach
Very spacious room with jacuzzi
We booked deluxe ocean view and arrived at the hotel at midnight. Got free upgrade to junior suite. The room is nice and big with nice decor, and big selling point is the very big and nice jaccuzi. View is partly (half) blocked by trees though, the photos on the website are probably taken years ago.
There are free shuttles to and from Karon/Patong town in the morning and afternoon, but not at night. Taxi from Karon costs 200 baht per ride, and ride is about 10 mins only. We arrived at midnight and we were very hungry, but there's no food in the hotel, not even cup noodles. There's no way you can walk to the beach or town, because it's on the hill.
Swimming pool is very small and the water is sour, view is good though, you can watch sunset at the pool.
Our room was a little far from the reception and the walk is very steep, but if you ask, they can drive you down to your room. We asked once at the reception for the torch because the road to our room was very dark but the reception wasn't that helpful and said they don't have. However we saw another staff and he drove us down to our room. They deliver your luggage to your room and pick them up when you check out, so no worries on that part.
The night before we checked out, our locker didn't work properly (our passports and money were all in it) so we called the reception for help in the middle of the night. The reception took some time to understand what we're trying to say and probably didn't understand after our first call. We had to call again before they came down, but they brought the tools and had our locker opened straightaway.
Overall, we had a very nice stay at Secret Cliff, most probably because of the free upgrade!
Hotel Feature Tip:
Bring your own toothbrush.
February 16, 2012
it is the good resort for the one who seeks peace and romantic atmosphere the staff and rroms are good and also the restuarant service. it is advisable to have your own vehicle to save huge on to and fro from city, beach, etc.
it is in silent zone so the one who needs everything closer should not opt for this resortq
nigthlife is good at patong beach.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Secret Cliff Resort & Restaurant, Phuket
- 5$ an hour for WIFI - This hotel spoilt the first 3 days of the holiday. we were b
- A beautiful view from the room and swimming pool - the secret cliff is in a beautiful location, the swimming po
- a little far - It is a good resturant. good enviroment and clean room. In m
- bad service - quiet, good location and good view. food is not great and ov
- Beautiful Hotel - my wife fell in love with this place....she didnt wanna go o
- Beautiful location, great room facilities - We stayed at Secret Cliff due to proximity to Patong Boxing
- beautiful place to stay with great rooms - This is a great place to stay, the staff are very friendly a
- Beautiful Resort, Good Value - i would give the secret cliff 4 stars other than a reservati
- beutiful scenary and very clean - really good scenary and bery quiet. the location is between
- claires opinion of this hotel -
- comment of hotel - service and the ocean view were good, but the transportaion
- Excellent location and accomodation - I would stay at this hotel again, the resort is well landsca
- Friendly services - Well, overall is quite ok. Friendly services but some of the
- Good location away from tourist spots - Staff were great and very helpful (tiny language barrier so
- Good sea view but no value for money - The hotel is located on a hill which is half way between Kar
- Good view but bad location. - However, the hot water shower did not work. Did not like the
- Good view on Karon Cliff - The hotel has a good view of Karon beach. Nice service and c
- Gorgeous setting ,rooms a little basic - the staff at this hotel were very helpful, the rooms are sma
- Great Location and Quiet - Hotel would be excellent if they had decent and affordable w
- Great location, beautiful, - nice view like a paining, hotel accommodation is ok and staf
- Great location, but understaffed - We had a great view from our balcony, but the room had a str
- Great location, staff and room standard - Great stay, would visit again, the ocean view room was great
- Great place to stay - The Secret Cliff Resort and Restaurant is in a beautiful tra
- Great service and smiles. - You can affordably rent a moto from the lobby staff.
- great view - the old room is not nice, the entrance is dirty & dark. but
- great views,spacious rooms -
great service,convenient location to patong & karon b
- Great - My wife and I enjoyed the quiet environment of this hotel su
- Hotel design for young and fit guests - Ground staffs is good, but the managements are terrible! Esp
- Hotel in crisis and unwelcome management - The breakfast was simple but adequate. It was the only good
- Hotel review - My hotel stay was great. The staff were very hospitable. Th
- Like a jungle was nice shame about bugs - Felt a bit deserted never really saw hotel staff but that su
- Lovely hotel situated on the cliff and service - The location of the hotel is away from both patting and karo
- Lovely hotel with a nature ambience and cleanlines - The staff were friendly. the room was clean and up to expect
- Lovely hotel with stunning views - the hotel is located between patong and karon beaches. the d
- Lovely hotel - We had a good first impression as we were greeted by the sou
- Lovely rooms, great views and fantastic service - Magnificent stay. Food in restaurant superb and reasonably p
- Lovely view - Great view especially in breakfast area. Have fun in the swi
- Nice hotel but staff were not welcoming, flexible - The overall stay in the hotel was good. However, upon arriv
- nice hotel great location - The weather was perfect, surrounding was beautiful and the v
- nice hotel, but mouses in room - The secret cliff is a nice hotel with a wonderful view with
- Nice on top of the hill - several pools - Pizza-Restaurant + Thai Restaurant, Spa, 2 pool, Bungalows,
- nice view - the room was great, view awesome. nice quiet place but locat
- Romantic getaway - The hotel was a long shot when I ordered it. It was pretty s
- Secret Cliff Hotel - Patong is vibrant and Karon quieter and this hotel sits nice
- Secret Cliff Resort & Restaurant -
- Secret Cliff Resort & Restaurant -
- Secret Cliff Resort, Phuket - The hotel, room and staff were all fantastic, the prices for
- spectacular ocean view - this hotel is located half-way between karon and patong. to
- stunning view - ok service but we spend a lot of money for taxi for down tow
- Sweet spot - This is the 4th time I've stayed here at Secret cliff. he ro
- Too far from everything - To be honest. I didn't like it. Room was nice, and sunset vi
- Very comfortable and private. Good location - A exceptional experience except perhaps the hills were chall
- Very nice view and rooms, airy and clean - In general we liked the resort. The rooms are nice, clean an