Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1391)
September 18, 2011
Gorgeous setting ,rooms a little basic
Setting, pool and gardens
the staff at this hotel were very helpful, the rooms are small bungalows set in tropical gardens overlooking the sea, set on a steep hill, so not good for people with mobility problems. the room had a lovely balcony overlooking the sea and was great value for money, however in certain repsects was quite basic , polished concrete floors, only 1 bedside table, ropey curtain poles and really bad lighting in the bathroom, a bit like a black hole.....however the view, waking up to the sound of waves, the tropical gardens and the gorgeous infinity pool made up for any small short comings. we also had quite a nice meal in the hotel restaurant as we were fed up of overpriced tuc tuc trips into patong or karon. overall a good experience
The speed boat day trips to various islands are great value for money
United States of America,
September 02, 2011
The hotel was nice. Very quiet and relaxing. Although it does not have a beach shore since it is on a cliff but it is perfect for a relaxing stay away from the traffic. It is close to patong and karon nightlife. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast was a bit limited, but it was still good food.
September 02, 2011
Lovingly Seclusive Hideout
Above all a great resort hotel except to brush up a few improvements: no take-away laundry bag for our dirty laundry after four days stay;mosquitoes infested zone perhaps to carry out fogging more often; too few bikes out for hiring but at least to provide call-out hiring service from town;can't accept these days hotel with no WIFI capability;reception desk staff are not friendly; try to rotate the breakfast buffett menu as each day the menu is the same.Please beef up the few little things above to make Secret Cliff a great place to stay ! You can do it !
September 01, 2011
Nice hotel lost in the cliffs
- Nice view
- Nice rooms
- Sony HDTV
- Free internet
- Bikes for hire
- Staff conciliant ( I could change room without any problem)
-Restaurant seems overpriced.
-Swimming pool rather small
-Mosquito repellent not free... 299 THB !
Hotel Feature Tip:
You can find cheaper transportation to other places ( karon and patong e.g) If you directly go up to the main road and bargain/negociate directly with local drivers. Hotel price: Karon: 250 thb, Patong: 300 thb. prices bargained with driver ( if lucky) karon: 100 thb, patong 200 thb. =)
August 31, 2011
Unfriendly and not bother attitude - lousy service
Fake smile and i mean really fake ....
we arrived at 12.30pm, the reception woman (with good spoken english) told us our room is not ready yet. so we walked around the resort and noticed that whole resort was basically empty and yet she said somebody just checked out and therefore we have to wait for our room to be cleaned. she can actually gave us other rooms that was available. yet we have to wait until 6 mins before 2pm, only then she allowed us to check in. telling lies to us.
she was very fake in person, fake smile with attitude. you can easily feel it, it was not sincere at all. she told us no wifi due to bad weather. but at night, when u asked the front desk people (a guy), they said we have wifi but we charge 150bath per hour for god sake!!!! again, that woman during morning shift telling lies again.
when we wanted to rent the motorcycle, they coundn't find the key, so they told us u have to walk to other places to rent the motorcycle and we don't have the motorbike for renting today. show no effort whatsoever in finding the key. so rude especially the way they replied to us, it seems like they refused to deal with any human being or just simply lazy to entertain you. when you talked to them, they turned/walked away with your unfinished conversation!!!!!!
conclusion, lousy management, horrible services and extremely unfriendly reception woman who thought all tourists are naive.
will never ever come back to this resort.
August 29, 2011
Fantastic accommodation with superb seaview
Great place to relax and lovely scenery to enjoy
we were served with superb hospitality throughout out stay. the smiling faces of the hotel staffs, the romantic dining and good food of the restaurant and the crisps and breeze of the sea winds facing our rooms and the hotel still lingers in our fond memories. this is the hotel one should not miss out when holidaying in phuket.
August 28, 2011
lovely resort with nice view.
is a nice resort with good view but the traveling slope is abit too steep.
wherelse i suggest they could improve their breakfast menu as it quite boring and bad.
if you going for a honeymoon this will be quite a suitable place.
August 26, 2011
Receptionist wasn't friendly
Great place if you like quite peaceful surroundings although it is a little far from the local shops and will need transport to get there........staff were very helpful except for the receptionist she was a bit too cool for my liking.....although it didn't spoil the stay. The shower wasn't in great working order as I nearly got burnt by hot water very hard to get the right balance between taps.
Overall would rate this place a 7/10.
August 26, 2011
Great santuary for relaxing
Good food and service with a smile
it is regretable that the time spent is not enough to fully utilise and enjoy at such a great hotel. a secluded sanctuary facing the picturesque andaman sea with all the amenities for a relaxing stay and yet not very far from the shopping and beer paradise of patong. it is highly recommended to stay for all season.
Families with older children
August 22, 2011
Panoramic views, with comfortable and large rooms
In off season reasonably priced with lovely apsect overlooking Karon Bay. Pleasant well sized rooms.
Rest of facilities are rather tired, but good value for money
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Secret Cliff Resort & Restaurant, Phuket
- 5$ an hour for WIFI - This hotel spoilt the first 3 days of the holiday. we were b
- A beautiful view from the room and swimming pool - the secret cliff is in a beautiful location, the swimming po
- a little far - It is a good resturant. good enviroment and clean room. In m
- bad service - quiet, good location and good view. food is not great and ov
- Beautiful Hotel - my wife fell in love with this place....she didnt wanna go o
- Beautiful location, great room facilities - We stayed at Secret Cliff due to proximity to Patong Boxing
- beautiful place to stay with great rooms - This is a great place to stay, the staff are very friendly a
- Beautiful Resort, Good Value - i would give the secret cliff 4 stars other than a reservati
- beutiful scenary and very clean - really good scenary and bery quiet. the location is between
- claires opinion of this hotel -
- comment of hotel - service and the ocean view were good, but the transportaion
- Excellent location and accomodation - I would stay at this hotel again, the resort is well landsca
- Friendly services - Well, overall is quite ok. Friendly services but some of the
- Good location away from tourist spots - Staff were great and very helpful (tiny language barrier so
- Good sea view but no value for money - The hotel is located on a hill which is half way between Kar
- Good view but bad location. - However, the hot water shower did not work. Did not like the
- Good view on Karon Cliff - The hotel has a good view of Karon beach. Nice service and c
- Gorgeous setting ,rooms a little basic - the staff at this hotel were very helpful, the rooms are sma
- Great Location and Quiet - Hotel would be excellent if they had decent and affordable w
- Great location, beautiful, - nice view like a paining, hotel accommodation is ok and staf
- Great location, but understaffed - We had a great view from our balcony, but the room had a str
- Great location, staff and room standard - Great stay, would visit again, the ocean view room was great
- Great place to stay - The Secret Cliff Resort and Restaurant is in a beautiful tra
- Great service and smiles. - You can affordably rent a moto from the lobby staff.
- great view - the old room is not nice, the entrance is dirty & dark. but
- great views,spacious rooms -
great service,convenient location to patong & karon b
- Great - My wife and I enjoyed the quiet environment of this hotel su
- Hotel design for young and fit guests - Ground staffs is good, but the managements are terrible! Esp
- Hotel in crisis and unwelcome management - The breakfast was simple but adequate. It was the only good
- Hotel review - My hotel stay was great. The staff were very hospitable. Th
- Like a jungle was nice shame about bugs - Felt a bit deserted never really saw hotel staff but that su
- Lovely hotel situated on the cliff and service - The location of the hotel is away from both patting and karo
- Lovely hotel with a nature ambience and cleanlines - The staff were friendly. the room was clean and up to expect
- Lovely hotel with stunning views - the hotel is located between patong and karon beaches. the d
- Lovely hotel - We had a good first impression as we were greeted by the sou
- Lovely rooms, great views and fantastic service - Magnificent stay. Food in restaurant superb and reasonably p
- Lovely view - Great view especially in breakfast area. Have fun in the swi
- Nice hotel but staff were not welcoming, flexible - The overall stay in the hotel was good. However, upon arriv
- nice hotel great location - The weather was perfect, surrounding was beautiful and the v
- nice hotel, but mouses in room - The secret cliff is a nice hotel with a wonderful view with
- Nice on top of the hill - several pools - Pizza-Restaurant + Thai Restaurant, Spa, 2 pool, Bungalows,
- nice view - the room was great, view awesome. nice quiet place but locat
- Romantic getaway - The hotel was a long shot when I ordered it. It was pretty s
- Secret Cliff Hotel - Patong is vibrant and Karon quieter and this hotel sits nice
- Secret Cliff Resort & Restaurant -
- Secret Cliff Resort & Restaurant -
- Secret Cliff Resort, Phuket - The hotel, room and staff were all fantastic, the prices for
- spectacular ocean view - this hotel is located half-way between karon and patong. to
- stunning view - ok service but we spend a lot of money for taxi for down tow
- Sweet spot - This is the 4th time I've stayed here at Secret cliff. he ro
- Too far from everything - To be honest. I didn't like it. Room was nice, and sunset vi
- Very comfortable and private. Good location - A exceptional experience except perhaps the hills were chall
- Very nice view and rooms, airy and clean - In general we liked the resort. The rooms are nice, clean an