Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1397)
December 31, 2012
Great location but Isolated
Nice resturant and nice Ocean views from Deluxe Ocean view rooms
It was a nice place with nice view. But your usual standard resort, nothing special. But we found ourselves paying tuk tuks everyday each way of about 300baht. Resort has a tuk tuk service but only makes two trips each day. We wanted to go out every night to see stuff, dine out etc. So this resort wasn't the best option for us. Next time I will book something closer to Patong. It was hard negotiating every day with tuk tuk drivers where the price ranged from 200 - 400 baht!!!!
Have to be careful as even a phone call here will cost money 20bath/min. Staff really not that helpful and the resort drivers will also try and charge you higher fees for using them. I found it easier and much much cheaper to book somewhere else. Eg Secret cliff to airport was quoted to me @ 1000baht. I found a agency down the road for 700 baht.
They will also charge you if you want to be dropped somewhere else from there usual drop off point.
It has a really nice Thai massage place though. Really enjoyed this. Value for money.
Not your ideal place to stay. Find something closer to patong. You will enjoy the flexibility.
December 30, 2012
Beautiful Resort but unfriendly service
Beautiful, quiet, comfortable, clean, good restaurant
We stayed three nights at Seacliff Resort and our time was very well. The Resort has a good location with a small but nice swimming pool. The area is very quiet, comfortable, clean and has a good restaurant on the top with awesome view to Karon beach. Service at the restaurant was friendly and good and selection of dishes and also breakfast was versatile. Only the service of leading staff wasn't really good.
- no updated information during waiting time of our room (arrival almost 3.00pm, check in time at 2.00pm!)
- no friendly service at the reception (atleast we got good service from 2 thai staff)
- no working wifi
- friendly staff at the restaurant
- good food
Families with older children
December 29, 2012
Good sea view but no value for money
The hotel is located on a hill which is half way between Karon beach and Patong beach. You need to hire a scooter or hitchhike a taxi to reach to one of these beaches as all shops/activities happen near these two beaches and it's quite a walk up and down hill. The food at the restaurant is amazing. Certain staff help you and certain others try to make money by suggesting travel spots that they can bring you to if you sign up at the hotel lobby. The Pakistani guy at the lobby had lousy PR ability and was unable to help with anything. Inspite of prior booking and payment, I had to pay additional money on checkout. Not a friendly atmosphere but a great location which overlooks the sea. Although we get to see the sea, we cannot get close to the sea to play, as there is no access and the sea here is rocky.
The famous clubbing district of Patong is located only 3 km from here.
Families with young children
December 29, 2012
Hotel says it is close to beach. But it is no where close to beach. To go to hotel from lobby you need to change a busy road. So going with kids s very difficult.
December 27, 2012
Lovely hotel with good service and great food
The position of the dinning area is just perfect for whatever occasion you are there for.
Have a lovely stay even though it was only a short one. the room was fantastic however was just a little too far to the dinning area and too many stairs for my wife. Will come back again and stay in room closer to the facilities.
Families with older children
December 26, 2012
Nice location but the rest is nothing special
Located on top of a cliff within a forest
The booked transfer from the airport to the hotel worked well, even our arrival was very late. At around 1 am in the morning we moved into our room. We booked a so called Family Deluxe Seaview Room. To be honest our first impression was to stay in a big hospital room. The room is like a tube, with windows at the end. There was only a little decoration in the room. For the money (even if it was a special offer) we expect a little more charme. In the morning we asked if there is a possibility to change the room. As answer we got, that all rooms are booked. Due to some other reason we asked the same question to the hotel manager in the afternoon again, and suddenly there was a possibility to change the room. Though we moved in the romm right next to our current one. The advantage, now we have had at least some windows more and the feeling became a little bit better. As we read the hotel was built in 2007, though we were astonished that all the facilities looked more as they are at least 15 years old. Some more maintenance over all would be benefitial. The staff in the restaurant was very nice and also was very kind to our children. In general for small children it is not so easy because e.g. from our room to the restaurant you need to climb up around 70 - 80 stairs. The hotel has no own beach but with the tuk tuk service it is easy to go e.g. to Karon Beach (about 200 - 300 Bhat). It is one of the cleanest beaches we have seen.
The swimming pool area was also not suitable to use for us because it was also very dangerous for small children (possibility to fll down the cliffs)
Hotel Feature Tip:
In general we would not go to the location again as we expect for 1000 USD for 4 days at least a little more maintenance as the hotel was singed with 4 stars.
December 25, 2012
gorgeous hotel with clean rooms.
beautiful and spacious rooms, lovely balcony area
The room was very spacious and relatively clean. The balcony area was lovely, with partial seaview, which is not a bad thing because I paid for the garden view room. Every morning will be greeted by the calls of nature and great weather. The breakfast spread was quite alright, particularly loving the prata with bananas made fresh in front of us.
However travelling to the beaches or other shopping areas was troublesome as the hotel doesn't provide regular shuttle services out of the resort. They did help us call for taxi, but the rates are more expensive or equivalent to outside rates. The hotel staff is also not very helpful and have attitude problem when we seek them for help when we missed a shuttle service which left earlier than the scheduled time.
Hotel Feature Tip:
The hotel is located on a hill, so do expect lots of climbing of steep stairs when you're getting around the place. Be prepared to spend on transport costs as well.
December 23, 2012
NO WIFI, spoilt telephone line, no motorbike rental and expensive transport to town and lots of mosquitos!
Worst hotel i stayed in my so many trips to Phuket!
December 23, 2012
Lovely views but poor service
We had a filtered view of the ocean which was very nice.
The service was disappointing and the hotel desperately needs upkeep. Its a pity because it is a lovely location albiet a 300Bh taxi ride from anywhere.
Here are the main points to consider: The 'shuttle' service ran once or twice a day and the hotel is too far a distance to walk anywhere. The room had no DVD player or wifi and the tv reception was poor. A dvd player was 300Bh for a night. The air conditioner leaked water on the floor. The telephones in the rooms didn't work. The bathroom smelt terrible. The floor of our room was concrete. The manager was not at all helpful - the hotel messed up our initial booking as well as our airport transfer and not only was he unapologetic but he also tried to blame us. We were also charged 200Bh for a dirty towel. All would have been forgiven if the customer service was good but unfortunately it was the worst we had in our travels through Asia.
We paid peak rates as it was high season and Revwere very disappointed. I don't advise staying here but if you do, make sure you are fit as the hotel is set on a steep hill without an internal shuttle.
December 21, 2012
good hotel for relaxation, nice view at the balcony(you can enjoy the sunset), the location is between patong and karon, you can rent a motobike at the hotel for 300b/day. along the road there are small shops selling gasoline at 40b/bottle. the hotel restaurant is recommented, although the price is a bit high, it is worth it for the beautiful sea view.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Secret Cliff Resort & Restaurant, Phuket
- "Great location but small rooms" - Hotel service is very poor, Receptionist are not customer fr
- A good-view hotel but inconvenient for living - For the reasons of airline,I got to the resort at about 3 o'
- A hidden paradise just off the beaten track - Nadeem and his well-trained staff provided the quintessentia
- beautiful resort that blends well with nature - we were upgraded for free, treated nice and really enjoyed
- Beautiful secluded resort - we stayed here on our first stop in thailand after arriving
- Beautiful Secret - This was a great find. First I thought location was out of
- Beautiful View - This hotel was a pleasant surprise for us. We stayed in the
- Beautiful views - Our room, with the exception of a few minor cosmetic flaws,
- Beautiful, quaint Thai Hotel - we loved our stay at secret cliff. we were up higher (close
- changed - this is the third time i have stayed here in four years. it
- clean, spacious, sea view -
- Could be better - ok hotel, room was clean and nice. the wiev was great.. you
- Cozy room at quiet place - We rented a car for our trip, the place is in between patong
- Exellent service with a smile - staff in all areas are very courteous and pleasant. good and
- Fantastic place for relaxing. - This is a place where you really forget all your ordinary st
- Fantastic wiew from restaurant and room - great stay, but also funny that only 2 or 3 persons talk and
- Good but there is an old air-conditioner. -
- Good experience - The best for nature lovers!
- good hotel - my honeymoon was in that hotel, location is fine not too goo
- Good view, bad service - 5th stay in secret cliff, not as good as previous stays. boo
- Great Hotel but watch your towels - a great find. on a cliff overlooking the ocean. no beach b
- Great Location & View - We booked 2 rooms and were assigned 2 rooms with different s
- Great location and views - Rooms were very nice, and we recommend the hotel. The staff
- Great location but Isolated - It was a nice place with nice view. But your usual standard
- Great location shame about the restaurant - The Secret Cliff Resort is a great place if you are looking
- great location, staff friendly and lepful - I enjoyed my stay, I needed something private which I got fr
- Great room, great view and excellent location. - staff were always friendly and helpful. we hired a motorbik
- Great santuary for relaxing - it is regretable that the time spent is not enough to fully
- great scenery and serene environment - scenic and serene place, suitable for couples to chill out,
- Great spot just out of the heart of it all - Overall it was great, just wish the bed was more comfortable
- Great View, Clean Rooms - There are two sides to this hotel. We stayed on the recepti
- Lousy hotel. Isolated. No ocean view - Hotel is situated on an isolated spot. No ocean view even bo
- lovely hotel and great service - it was great hotel about location good service,friendly staf
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - I think it is a place for honey moon. there the staff provid
- Lovely hotel with great views - This is one of my favourite hotels. I have stayed here 3 tim
- Lovely quaint hotel.. - There were bugs in our balcony which was expected as the hot
- many complaint at the first day. - the small room with no good view for me, because around with
- Nice lay out on a cliff but no access to beach - We stayed in garden view rooms for a night, The rooms are
- Nice place with nice service...until checkout - Our stay was great. We had a great experience until checkout
- Nice room, but a bit far from Karon town and beach - We booked deluxe ocean view and arrived at the hotel at midn
- Nice view but remote location with expensive food - Pros:
The sea view is nice.
Swimming pool is very small faci
- Poor service - The hotel is far from the town. Staff of the hotel is rude a
- Realy nice and quite..... - We realy enjoy to stay there coz i was nice and thats what w
- secluded Location beautiful gardens great views - I had a wonderful and relaxing stay. Amazing spa facilities
- Secret Cliff Resort & Restaurant -
- Secret Cliff Resort & Restaurant - I always stay here when my friends come visit me at Phuket.
- Secret Cliff - Beautiful settings, lovely pool area. The grounds were kept
- Secret Cliff - We are so glad we chose Secret Cliff! The lush and tranquil
- Secret wonder - Took mini bus from airport and delivered to reception. Frien
- Secret - overall stay was pleasant. room is great is very worth for m
- such a waste of money - Service was absolutely disappointed. When we checked in, a m
- Very good location and service - We enjoyed our stay to the point of wanting to go again soon
- Wonderful stay - Rooms are nice, the only thing we disliked was the service a