Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
Solo travelers (143)
May 03, 2013
I travel a lot .and I always used adoga found the hotel.and i been phuket 4 times.this is first time i feeling I Mistaken choice this hotel .really break my holiday mood.
April 09, 2013
I enjoyed every minute staying in Secret Cliff.
Price, Comfort and beauty of the hotel grounds.
It was enjoyable in every way. The beautiful views, the location, the secret path to the sea for snorkeling and individual villas make this hotel very special.
United States of America,
March 18, 2013
gorgeous tropical retreat
views, atmosphere and restaurant
The Secret Cliff is a peaceful, serene, romantic get-away destination. The views from everywhere are gorgeous, and as it is situated on the cliff-side, it feels very private. There is a shuttle to nearby beaches and shopping, but no need to leave the hotel grounds, as there is restaurant and bar service available all over the premises. The breakfast buffet is wonderful - egg and crepe stations, Thai and Western foods, fresh fruits and juices. At night there is often live music in the restaurant. The sunset from the poolside is not to be missed - the pool has the visual effect of continuing right into the ocean.
March 09, 2013
Hotel design for young and fit guests
Nice ocean view, nice breakfast, central location
Ground staffs is good, but the managements are terrible! Especially the the lobby manager, he always give the look that as if I owe him money. Please also take know that the hotel is infested with mosquitoes! overall, its an average hotel.
February 24, 2013
clean and big room, sea can be reached only by taxi/motrobike.
United States of America,
January 29, 2013
Beautiful Resort, Good Value
i would give the secret cliff 4 stars other than a reservation issue (they overbooked) which forced them to move me to another hotel in kata for the first night. otherwise the secret cliff is beautiful with stunning views and a real value for the money. i did not experience the poor service that others have complained about. in fact the manager and staff were quite friendly and helpful. one negative aspect, the hotel is about 3 kn from karon beach or patong and taxis charge a rediculous 300 baht each way. i rented a motorbike from the hotel for day.
United States of America,
December 18, 2012
A hidden paradise just off the beaten track
Restaurant, views, staff, tour booking services, grounds, pool
Nadeem and his well-trained staff provided the quintessential island experience, working hard to meet even my smallest requests with efficiency, precision, and grace. It is outside of Patong, in between there and Karon Beach. There are shuttles pretty much around the clock. The grounds were unbelievable, very well-kept, exquisite gardens and pools, and a view of Bandaman Sea which was simply unbelievable. The infinity pool was a real pleasure to take a nice dip after a hot day at the beach, just before enjoying and unbelievable dinner at the restaurant, sitting out on a patio overlooking the sea, far away from the bustle of the tourist life in Patong. I came to find some tranquility and beauty, and was met with an experience which surpassed my expectations. I think one would be hard-pressed to find a more serene, and exquisitely beautiful location to take a holiday. When I needed help finding some equipment for my camera, Nadeem directed me where to go in the Jung Ceylon mall. When I wished to book a tour of the islands, something I strongly recommend, the staff set it up with less than twelve hours notice. I have had many foot massages in Thailand, it is an indulgence, but the woman at the spa gave an unbelievable massage which helped me relax just before taking on the stress of travel. I could not ask for more, and I am thankful that I will no longer have to read through hundreds of reviews before finding the right place. The Secret Cliff Resort is the only place I would stay in Phuket - so no more need to read up. I found my place for the next several years, and cannot wait to go back. Brandon H.
Tour the Islands via speedboat. Watch the Thai boxing in Patong. Try the chicken with cashews dish - unbelievable. For dessert, sweet bananas boiled in coconut milk - yummy. Tropical drinks poolside are a must.
December 10, 2012
Lovely secluded location
You hear only the waves of the ocean and the insects in the rain forest
this is a great place for people that appreciate nature and a quiet atmosphere . the location is great , build on a slope over looking old trees and jungle plus the ocean . there was construction going on which was disturbing , service staff talk very lound with one another plus in teh kitchen . seabass on the menu was in fact frozen john dori fish ( pangasisus ) farmed in ponds in vietnam , so i did not appreciate that as it is a kind of a cheating to promise a wild fish and then serve a cheap farmed fish . breakfast is so so and eggs precooked and sitting for an hour . the landscaping is really nice so is the small swimming pool ...even it smelled heavy of clorin .for the condition of the room i had " ocean view " it is over prices for sure at a night i paid , though the room was nicely cleaned every day .
December 10, 2012
Nice Hotel but low training Level of the Staff
Rooms Ok, Big enough and clean
As I spend only one night there I can only say that the staff training is very low, they don t remember that a customer is King, specialy for that kind of price range the Hotel have.
The service is low and long time waiting is business as usual there, also very difficult to have some guests coming for a visit, as there have been warned by enterering if something happen its their fault. (((( Mafia style )))).
November 15, 2012
Great location, well situated
Second stay at the hotel. Reception staff still unfriendly and make first impression unfortunate. There's a new manager with international experience and he was a breath of fresh air - very helpful and friendly. Rooms are large and those with seaview balconies the ones to get. Restaurant stafff are friendly and the food is good. Great view over Karon bay too.
Best ot have your own transprt for this hotel. Its quiet location is surprising considering its next to a main road. The pool is small and often full of holiday makers training at the muay thai gym across the road.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Secret Cliff Resort & Restaurant, Phuket
- "Great location but small rooms" - Hotel service is very poor, Receptionist are not customer fr
- A good-view hotel but inconvenient for living - For the reasons of airline,I got to the resort at about 3 o'
- A hidden paradise just off the beaten track - Nadeem and his well-trained staff provided the quintessentia
- beautiful resort that blends well with nature - we were upgraded for free, treated nice and really enjoyed
- Beautiful secluded resort - we stayed here on our first stop in thailand after arriving
- Beautiful Secret - This was a great find. First I thought location was out of
- Beautiful View - This hotel was a pleasant surprise for us. We stayed in the
- Beautiful views - Our room, with the exception of a few minor cosmetic flaws,
- Beautiful, quaint Thai Hotel - we loved our stay at secret cliff. we were up higher (close
- changed - this is the third time i have stayed here in four years. it
- clean, spacious, sea view -
- Could be better - ok hotel, room was clean and nice. the wiev was great.. you
- Cozy room at quiet place - We rented a car for our trip, the place is in between patong
- Exellent service with a smile - staff in all areas are very courteous and pleasant. good and
- Fantastic place for relaxing. - This is a place where you really forget all your ordinary st
- Fantastic wiew from restaurant and room - great stay, but also funny that only 2 or 3 persons talk and
- Good but there is an old air-conditioner. -
- Good experience - The best for nature lovers!
- good hotel - my honeymoon was in that hotel, location is fine not too goo
- Good view, bad service - 5th stay in secret cliff, not as good as previous stays. boo
- Great Hotel but watch your towels - a great find. on a cliff overlooking the ocean. no beach b
- Great Location & View - We booked 2 rooms and were assigned 2 rooms with different s
- Great location and views - Rooms were very nice, and we recommend the hotel. The staff
- Great location but Isolated - It was a nice place with nice view. But your usual standard
- Great location shame about the restaurant - The Secret Cliff Resort is a great place if you are looking
- great location, staff friendly and lepful - I enjoyed my stay, I needed something private which I got fr
- Great room, great view and excellent location. - staff were always friendly and helpful. we hired a motorbik
- Great santuary for relaxing - it is regretable that the time spent is not enough to fully
- great scenery and serene environment - scenic and serene place, suitable for couples to chill out,
- Great spot just out of the heart of it all - Overall it was great, just wish the bed was more comfortable
- Great View, Clean Rooms - There are two sides to this hotel. We stayed on the recepti
- Lousy hotel. Isolated. No ocean view - Hotel is situated on an isolated spot. No ocean view even bo
- lovely hotel and great service - it was great hotel about location good service,friendly staf
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - I think it is a place for honey moon. there the staff provid
- Lovely hotel with great views - This is one of my favourite hotels. I have stayed here 3 tim
- Lovely quaint hotel.. - There were bugs in our balcony which was expected as the hot
- many complaint at the first day. - the small room with no good view for me, because around with
- Nice lay out on a cliff but no access to beach - We stayed in garden view rooms for a night, The rooms are
- Nice place with nice service...until checkout - Our stay was great. We had a great experience until checkout
- Nice room, but a bit far from Karon town and beach - We booked deluxe ocean view and arrived at the hotel at midn
- Nice view but remote location with expensive food - Pros:
The sea view is nice.
Swimming pool is very small faci
- Poor service - The hotel is far from the town. Staff of the hotel is rude a
- Realy nice and quite..... - We realy enjoy to stay there coz i was nice and thats what w
- secluded Location beautiful gardens great views - I had a wonderful and relaxing stay. Amazing spa facilities
- Secret Cliff Resort & Restaurant -
- Secret Cliff Resort & Restaurant - I always stay here when my friends come visit me at Phuket.
- Secret Cliff - Beautiful settings, lovely pool area. The grounds were kept
- Secret Cliff - We are so glad we chose Secret Cliff! The lush and tranquil
- Secret wonder - Took mini bus from airport and delivered to reception. Frien
- Secret - overall stay was pleasant. room is great is very worth for m
- such a waste of money - Service was absolutely disappointed. When we checked in, a m
- Very good location and service - We enjoyed our stay to the point of wanting to go again soon
- Wonderful stay - Rooms are nice, the only thing we disliked was the service a