Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2700)
Families with older children
July 03, 2009
Sugar Palm Hill resort
Good rooms, clean well set out and comfortable. Close to beach and shops if that is what you want. Good views over the area and access to swimming pools with a terrace layout.
The hotel provided a pleasant experience with only a few minor inconvenient items(the steep walk to rooms). The area is getting very touristy and the beach is quite busy. For those who want a quiet time it is not the best location but those who want a busy dynamic resort the location of the hotel is fine.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Access to internet was very useful
July 03, 2009
Good rooms, great value and location
nice rooms (especially pool access), location
Loved this hotel and the location. Rooms were great, I had a pool access room and wouldn't book anything else. I'd go back again. Hotel had free wifi (though it was a bit unpredictable) Breakfast was basic, but ok. Value was especially good (especially if booked through Agoda) Though the hill was a challenge, golf carts were readily available.
United States of America,
July 03, 2009
location, size of room, large bathroom, nice views, cool swimming pools, free internet access, large buffet breakfast, free dvds, flat screen tv in room
The room is large and beautiful. You can't beat the hotel at this price. The flat screen Tv and free DVDs are great. The pools are relaxing and there are like 11 of them.The buffet breakfast is very large and is much cheaper if you book it in advance with agoda.I had initially booked with their other property but they oversold the rooms and put me at hillside instead which was much nicer then the other sugar palm location.This was the best place I stayed in Thailand for the price.
very close to some great massage places. There is one called August something which is fantastic and has the best prices.
Families with older children
United States of America,
July 01, 2009
Fabulous Stay at the Sugar Grand Hillside
Very Nice and friendly staff. Helpful with my every need. Brand new and modern . Very Very Clean!!
My stay at this hotel was such a good experience I decided to return for one last night before returning to Bangkok. Hotel is brand new clean and the staff are very freindly and helpful. My room was way up on top of hill but that just gave me a great view of the ocean and the Big Buddua on the hillL!! The walk up the hill is steep but you dont have to walk if you don't want to. The Bell desk staff are ready on a dime to drive you to your room!! I prefered to walk off my dinner all the food i eat on vaccation its a great way to trade off on the calories. Hotel is close to beach and shopping and resturants. Area is safe and family friendly. The pools are very cool and you can get a room that lets you step right off your balcony into one of the great infinity pools. Beds are comfy and big flat screen t.v. all the modern amenties you would want. They even have free internet in the lobby witch was great for e-mails home. I would recommend this property to anyone great price and safe and Quite!!
Thanks for a wonderful stay.
Great place to stop and spend a night or two then head over to the island of Phi Phi Don and see the sights. Good resturant right next door and a fun ska rega bar on the beach.
June 28, 2009
Very modern, minimalist and swish.
decor is modern, minimal and good quality
room is huge
view and pool lovely
Mostly enjoyed our stay here, we were whooping around with glee when we arrived, as it was definitely the nicest room we had in our 2 weeks in Thailand, with lovely robes, decent minibar, lots of extras. Staff very friendly and helpful and level of English was higher than many places. We stayed in a Pool Access room and were not disappointed - the pool is right at your doorstep, and it's lovely. We were on the 4th floor, which was quite fine to walk up though a little treacherous when raining. People who are older or infirm might find it challenging but if you're even reasonably fit you'll be fine.
We got rooms with breakfast included and found it quite acceptable buffet style, decent quality and quantity. I do heartily urge caution in ordering the room service "ready meals" though - they are just microwaved and I think the one I had may have been improperly frozen as it didn't taste quite right and I was *very* sick a few hours later, lost 2 days but at least had pleasant surrounds and lots of cable tv to watch while I recuperated!
The wireless internet access is also patchy and if you need reliable wifi, maybe think twice before booking here - don't know if it might have been better on a different floor or location though - we got just enough connectivity to not make an issue of it though it was annoying.
All up though, even with the negatives we do recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
We enjoyed the Sim's Phang Nga bay by Twilight tour which, while it did involve a long bus trip, was great value and quite fun.
Also recommend Sawasdee Village restaurant about 10 mins walk, great prices and wonderful food!
Families with young children
June 25, 2009
Very pleasant hotel
Spacious rooms, large bathroom with lovely large bath. Pool access rooms great for quick dip in pool.
We stayed at Sugar Palm grand Hillside hotel for 4 nights. We had a very enjoyable time. The rooms were comfartable with good a/c and both TV and DVD supplied. The bathroom was large with a rain shower and large bath.
Our room had pool access, which I recommend. The pool is shared with only 2 other rooms, so it is quite private.
We did not have the breakfast, opting to eat outside, but did borrow several DVDs from reception for the evenings - free of charge.
When we wanted picking up from the room we could have a golf buggy collect us, but we chose a low floor room so that we could choose not to.
Overall a lovely stay in a nice hotel. Only downside is it is a way to the beach if you want to go there.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Choose a room on low level, so getting to/from room is easier as you have the choice to walk rather than take buggy.
June 24, 2009
Sugar Palm Hills Resort is a fantastic choice
The rooms are very clean, modern and spaciouse, great hotel for the best value in town, highly recomeded. Close to the beach and worth the short walk, close to great food and dancing outside the bussy patong beach scene.
The rooms are very clean, modern and spaciouse, great hotel for the best value in town, highly recomeded. Close to the beach and worth the short walk, close to great food and dancing outside the bussy patong beach scene.This was recomeded by a friend and I also can recomend this hotel to any one else, a definite return is planned this year.
a secluded beach is a little south of the hotel, a great fun beach.
United States of America,
June 22, 2009
Romantic Getaway near Beach
very cool design, the pools were awesome, rooms were big, bathroom was AMAZING
We really liked staying here--perfect for couples! The hill up was steep but that's not really a true "con." the pools were fun--the view from the infinity ledge is unbelievable.
Hotel Feature Tip:
the infinity ledge pool halfway up has a great view of the Kata Beach strip.
June 21, 2009
Nice and Valuable Accommodation
This hotel has a great decoration. The room is valuable and large, moreover the decoration in the room is stylish and modern. Staffs are friendly and well-trained to welcome guests from their heart.
Sugar Palm Grand Hill Hotel is the friendly hotel with nice view, especially who is in love with mountain view and modern style hotel. Everything is simple but good quality, such as guest amenity in room, decoration, and also services from staff. I think if you consider to stay in the place where you can take a break and be away from all jumble, this hotel should be the place you think about. From myself, I promise I will stay there in my next vacation, sure !!!
Hotel Feature Tip:
This one is acceptable if you are looking for the hip hotel with nice view in the great area in Phuket.
June 07, 2009
Hillside grand - slightly odd but great fun
All the brilliant swimming pools
A great place, really off the wall with little turbo golf carts whizzing up and and down the very steep ramps that go up the side of the hill.
The room have this bare cement look and I kept thinking, yeah it will be great once it's finished. It really does look like they ran out of money and had to try for an industrial look that didn't quiet work.
The spa baths are on the balconies, which is great fun if you don't mind being slightly public.
Anyway, I would totally recommend this place but caution is advised for older or less fit guests as the walk up the hill is pretty brutal and even the ride in the golf carts is a bit like being at the fairground!
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Hotel, Phuket
- A nice place to stay for the price range. - Most of the hotel staffs are very polite just the hotel rece
- a silent and nice hotel, but not near downtown - this is a clean and nice hotel with a very silent environmen
- a very pleasant stay - The hotel is situated on a hill. The pool and rooms are love
- A week in Paradise - I intended to stay for 3 nights, but ended up extending my s
- A wonderful stay in Sugar Palm Grand Hillside - the hotel room are clean, staff are on duty 24hrs to tend to
- Affordable hotel with all features - the jacuzzi is the best thing in the world... and honestly i
- Amazing pool , perfect location and great service. - The day we arrived we have to ask the hotel give us a room c
- Away from the crowd but close to the action - The staff was friendly, however they could do with a few mor
- Awesome Location, Nice Rooms but weird Floors - The hotel is slightly up-hill but very short distance, which
- Beautiful hotel - A very romantic stay-in for couple for relaxation without an
- Beautiful! - This is the best hotel in Katabeach! Nice clean big rooms! G
- Best Value in Phuket! - We arrived at the hotel and had to walk up the hill with all
- Big clean rooms - Really good value for money, friendly staff, excellent Kata
- centrally located on a nice beach -
- Clean with great location... - This is my second stay at the hotel.
It was convenient an
- Contempory design great service - We enjoyed a 5 night stay in a jacuzzi balcony room.
- Decent time at the Sugar Hill Grand Hillside - The Sugar Palm Grand Hillside turned out to be decent place.
- Enjoy the walk - We really weren't impressed with this hotel, there's not rea
- Enjoyable stay at the hotel - This was a very relaxing stay and we enjoyed the pool very m
- Excellent resort,good room - Strongly recommend!few types of room to selected from,you wo
- Exellent - Would recommend hotel to anyone who does not mind climbing s
- Fantastic place to stay - New hotel at the very end of Kata Beach with great design in
- Good and nice view Hotel - Good Hotel the cost not too expensive , nice swimming pool.B
- Good Hotel, Convenient Location - We enjoyed our stay here. We booked a Grand Pool View Room,b
- Good Hotel, not too expensive and close to the bea - Sugar Palm Grand Hillside hotel is a comfortable hotel with
- good hotel -
- Good location and garden view, - Toilet must very clean because this is cement surface not ce
- Good location - Mali restaurant is tasteless and poor of service. Price is n
- good location - wonderful stay. good room size. very slow internet.
is a g
- Good price and location - The water pressure from the shower head is low and not accep
- good spot for relax - spend 5 nights on 2012 oct, good accomodation, friendly staf
- Good value for money - The hotel is nicely situated away from the main road between
- Good, will go back again - We were there on March 11 - 14, 2009 and stayed in the Grand
- Gorgeous hotel well situated in beautiful kata - Situated just off the main strip of kata. This is a gorgeous
- Great accommodation but poor service - Having stayed at the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside our past 2 tr
- Great accommodation - great rooms, beds are very comfortable, too many stairs alth
- Great beautiful calm hotel - Would absolutely stay here again. Beautiful rooms although a
- Great For Value - The hotel location is great but be prepared to a steep climb
- Great hotel and location - we stayed for 4 nights, we had a room on the 8th floor cor
- Great hotel but location not that good - great room but can't really see the seaview.
- Great hotel in a central location - Had a great stay at the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside.
- Great Hotel with helpful staffs - The hotel was nice, but access to the hotel was pretty diffi
- Great Hotel!!!! ( If you love stairs! ) - great hotel, great location, Great pools, Great breakfast, T
- Great hotel, steep hill. - Although the hotel itself is lovely, the walk up the extreme
- great hotel.. - it was all good...been to kata almost every year...n this is
- great hotel - its so nice hotel,the stuff are good,room are modern and com
- great hotel - This is our second time staying at the hotel and this time o
- Great Hotel - We had booked 3 rooms seperately with Agoda, so we were worr
- Great location and fantastic facilities - We travelled with two young children (2- and 5- year olds) s
- Great location and great service - The sugar palm hotel was very receptive and location was awe
- Great location with lovely rooms - We stayed for 4 nights in Sugar Palm. Nice hotel convenientl
- Great location, great rooms - Took a few days to fix the elevator but place is great and w
- Great location..good service and value for money - We enjoyed our stay here very much...the hotel is well posit
- great location - good room size.
Great jacuzzi. Quiet environment.
- Great Location - This was my second stay at Sugar Palm Grand Hillside. The di
- great location - we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and found the location
- Great Modern Hotel - We felt Sugar Palm Grand Hillside was at a good location for
- Great place, big rooms - After haveing travelled around on different Islands staying
- Great Place - This was a fairly new hotel when we stayed, and had our own
- Great resort, service and rooms were great value - We stayed at the Suger Palm for 6 nights. The rooms are comf
- had a sugar of a time - had a very comfortable stay in a modern resort
- Hospitable with picturesque view on the sea - The hotel is located in the walk distance from everything, r
- Hotel to Relax - Hotel more for relaxation. It is quite tedious to come n go
- I will come back! - Seriously, i love it! Usually i love doing backpacker style
- It would be a nice place but it is not yet - The complex is completely new and if you like the minimal st
- Large rooms with modern design -
- Lovely atmosphere, great place for photo shooting! - i stayed here for 3 nights. Found the followings
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - it's too complicated to find a room
- Lovely hotel only minutes away from Kata beach - minutes away from kata beach and many restaurants in the vic
- Lovely Hotel with a private pool and spacious room - A nice hotel with a nice pool right in front of the balcony.
- lovely hotel - the hotel is in a great location in Kata, close to everythin
- Lovely Quite Hotel - When I arrived, the hotel impressed me a lot, for there 11 t
- Lovely rooms but service could be better - Stayed for 2 nights and loved the room - nice and spacious w
- Low season travellers - nice experience, strongly recommended, any room is ok
- Modern Hotel with a nice room - I love this hotel very much. Just 15 min walk to the Kata Be
- Modern Hotel, great view, nice location - I very nice property at the South end of kata beach. The di
- Modern style hotel -
- my favorite hotel in phuket - i've stayed at 3 hotels while in phuket and the sugar palm g
- My Stay at the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside - We had a truly comfortable stay at the hotel and all the ser
- new hotel with great view of kata - staff could be more helpful. hotel is not good for handicapp
- Nice and hip hotel - The location is perfect, many restaurant, food stalls, shopp
- NIce design and good location - NIce hotel and good location to the beach and restaurants.
- Nice getaway -
- Nice hotel but the pools were small. - great room with views,
- Nice hotel for leisure - It is recommended to stay in kata sugar palm hillside, you c
- Nice hotel located at hill top -
- Nice hotel on the slope of a hill... - This is a nice hotel... a short walk from the beach and the
- Nice hotel with grate location - The hotel itself is very nice! The room is spacious, clean,
- Nice hotel, but the service are no good - The room are nice. But the service given by the staff are re
- Nice hotel, good location, value for money - The hotel is new and rooms are big and clean.Nica swiimimg p
- Nice hotel, great rooms with pool - Hotel was a good choice. We had a room with private pool acc
- Nice hotel, trendy rooms, pretty far out of town - Nice time there we only spent one night, staff were friendly
- Nice hotel - The hotel is nice. With many restaurants around. Fairly we
- Nice room but a trek to get to it from the lobby - we had three of us stay in a pool view room. we had to get
- nice rooms and pool, but high on a hill - + hotel is positioned high on a hill which separates Kata Be
- Nice small hotel at an easy to find location - Love the room decor being in cold cement flooring. No compla
- Not Enjoyable stay - First day reach the hotel, I had change 4 rooms. First water
- Not for the infirm or incapacitated - This hill is unbelievable, almost perpendicular & lift acces
- One of the best...except for the steps!!! - we (9 of us) had a wonderful week staying here. the rooms we
- Our Stay @ Sugar Palm Grand Hillside March 2009 - We stayed that the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside in Kata Beach f