Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2709)
September 06, 2012
very modern hotel with privacy. I loved it!
the room. bery modern. plenty of clean towels and a balcony. big bath and shower. I love the place
Perfect: location..bed..towels...bath...internet access...to be honest I don't have anything negative to say about the place
September 06, 2012
100% great hotel in every thing,location, room size, breakfast,staff, service, swimming pools, i had really great stay with very great momery, i love this hotel so much, and i already recomended to all my family and my friends
September 04, 2012
nice hotel at cheap price
close to main Kata beach, big room with nice decoration, very convenience
-close to main Kata beach
-big room, like the decoration
-very convenience, but better to choose seaview i/o garden view
United States of America,
September 03, 2012
nice rooms with balcanys that overlook pools
Very nice hotel rooms, at first my room was at top level had problems with safe , request lower level room. This hotel is builted on side of mountain, use elevated to get to your room. There is a 20 degree elavation for 30 meters then flat for 10 meters. Close to beach and nice cafes
September 02, 2012
Unique Modern Hotel
Unique design, well maintained pool, near to Kata Beach.
The room is spacious, comfortable and has unique design. The hotel has modern equipment, well maintained swimming pool and garden. The hotel is built on elevated land. We stayed at the highest block -- need to change 2 lifts and walk up several slopes and stairs in order to get to our room. This is ok for us but those travelling with the elderly/walking difficulty should consider this point or request for lower block. It is walking distance to Kata Beach and there are many restaurants nearby. Tour counter staff in the hotel is polite and provide good service.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Those travelling with the elderly/kid/walking difficulty are adviced to request/check the availability of easy access room.
Families with older children
United States of America,
September 02, 2012
Love the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside but...
Good location, Pleasant atmosphere, Friendly Staff, Decent Breakfast, Fair rates
This was my second stay at this hotel and I'm glad I chose to stay there again. The hotel is a short walk up the hill from the beach which I enjoy as it gets my legs a little pumped up. My son, who is ten, loved it as well and called it "cool". He enjoyed the walk up the hill as well and loved the structure of the eleven small swimming pools. The staff was just as friendly as I remember and they accepted both of my requests which were changing rooms and a late checkout. My only gripes this stay were the lowly maintained tiny "fitness center" in which none of the equipment was working and the "out of service" elevator which lasted for four days. In conclusion, the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside is an excellent choice to stay in Kata Beach except for the fitness center and their slow hotel maintenance.
Families with young children
August 31, 2012
This was my second stay at Sugar Palm Grand Hillside. The difference was we bought the Jacuzzi Room instead of the Pool View Room. We got the sea facing room without any obstruction from our balcony. We have a queen bed and a single bed in the room which was perfect for the 3 of us. However, we were only given 2 breakfast voucher even though the room was meant for 3 pax, and we ended up have to pay for the breakfast for our 4yo son.
During check in after finding out that the lift was not working, my wife requested for the buggy but were told that the buggy were out of battery. She had no choice but to walk up the steep rood to the room which was on level 5. The lift was broken down for 2 whole days.
August 31, 2012
very nice and great place to stay.. only down side was the faulty elevator
Families with young children
August 31, 2012
Lovely stay but with regrets
Jacuzzi, Swimming Pool, Near to Beach, Mostly Friendly Staffs
The stay was lovely, as I think we have correct expectation of the hotel. There are no marbles on the floor, so have to wear the provided bedroom sliper to avoid cold feet. The balcony lightings for the jacuzzi was not functioning but the house keeping team is quick to fix it. The lift to the 4th floor is out-of-service for my entire stay which is a low point. I have to carry my baby up and down, which is tiresome. Have to make a point to confirm the lift is in good working condition, else have ground floor room. On the last day, I have to check out 5.30am and have informed the Front Desk. The officers confirmed that they can pack a Breakfast-in-a-box for us but need our reminder the next day. So we remind them again the next day. However, on the check-out day. unfortunately the Front Desk Officer did not prepare and his reason is no record on book and previous officers did not book. I was furious as if they cannot provide certain services, do not promise, so I can prepare breakfast the day before. We are left with no break fast and a hungry baby. And a Front Desk officer with "I don't know" and "no staff", and a Front Desk Manager who upon the officer's phone call, responsed that no breakfast and no refund and nothing else. The Front Desk officer even challenged us to make complaint to the hotel and on internet. At last we have to directly approach the kitchen staff and prepare our own breakfast-in-a-box. Lucky for us, the kitchen staff has arrived (of course they have to prepare before the breakfast buffet start on 6.30am, right?), which makes me wonder about the "No staff" statement? If you want to stay here, make sure you do not have any special request, else you may be dissapointed.
At last, this leave a bitter taste after quite a lovely stay in Phuket. I have to rethink my recommendation to anyone who want to stay here again.
Hotel Feature Tip:
If your children can and love to swim, the Pool Access is definite a good choice. But you have to bear with "No special service/request required" stand. The jacuzzi is on the balcony, so the person on the road or hotel opposite your room may be able to view.
August 31, 2012
unique hotel in great location
location, facilities, view
It's my first trip to Phuket, Kata is a nice and peaceful place to stay. We enjoyed the hotel very much, the staff is very helpful and nice,we checked-in early around 10am,the sea view room is very nice, but next time I might try the pool-access.
Two chefs by the hotel is very nice,reasonably priced
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Hotel, Phuket
- 2 nights' stay at Sugar Palm Hillside (2009 Sep) - Though am little unhappy with the serivce provided and the i
- 5th visit - our 5th visit in 3 years to the hotel. although it still rep
- A best place to stay for honeymoon! - We stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon for about a week a
- A nice hotel with very reasonable price - We stay there for 4 nights and would definately come back ag
- A very nice architecture and location. - We stay there as a starting point to the Thai islands and we
- Amazing Value - This was a beautiful, clean hotel with lovely views. The po
- Awesome!!! - The hotel is simply awesome!! We love our room instantly! We
- Beautiful hotel, great breakfast, very fast wifi - Sugar Palm is extremely beautiful and modern. The rooms are
- Beautiful looking hotel and great location - I picked the Sugar Palm Hillside very quickly after changing
- beautifull hotel great rooms, great pool - We really liked this hotel still here in fact. We got a good
- Best Beds In Thailand - Hotel is brand new and boasts first class amenities. Staff a
- Big modern room and friendly staff - We really enjoyed our stay at Sugar Palm Hillside, the room
- Big room - The room with jacuzziis suit for couple ...but is at outside
- Charming hotel - If you are looking for a quiet and romantic place, this is t
- Consider your Guests - While the hotel is brand new and looks great the administrat
- Cool hotel, very modern and clean - Great hotel overall, set in a big hillside so if you can't w
- Decent hotel Value for money - room is very spacious, comes with apple mac computer with lc
- decent hotel, rude staff. - our stay was ok at the sugar palm. doubt i would go back aga
- Definitely recommend for young family or couples - A few qualifications first:
1. My husband and I are quite f
- Everest of Hotels - Would recommend hotel to anyone who does not mind climbing s
- Everything is good except no lift to reach my room -
- excellent hotel,, good services and restaruant - excellent hotel, good services and restaruant, very clean an
- Excellent service from very friendly staff. - Wifi in my room was not great, but in the lobby and restaura
- Excellent Stay - Booked for 2 nights initially, loved it so much that we cont
- Excellent value great location - This hotel is in a great location up a short hill from the s
- Fabulous Stay at the Sugar Grand Hillside - My stay at this hotel was such a good experience I decided t
- Fantastic hotel, Highly recommeded!! - Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Its a beautiful hotel in a
- fantastic rooms. perfect - except for the climb - stayed 3 nights at one of the pool access rooms. as mentione
- Fantastic Stay - The 3 of us booked 2 pool access rooms and we practically ge
- good design hotel - assisted by hotel staff,good room service,ample room area wi
- good hotel - beautiful hotel beautiful room new room with other accessory
- Good location but quite noisey - The location is ok but it is on quite a steep hill. You can
- Good location, decent hotel - The hotel is a decent hotel, the rooms are actually pretty n
- Good location, Good service - Nice room with pool access, beautiful mountain and sea view
- good location - Wonderful room and bathroom with bidet; in nice area not too
- Good Place - Fanstastic place with great view, nice place,but the first n
- good value good view - nice view and good break fast. the hotel is on the hill so m
- Good Value - Great location, although a short walk up the hill at the sou
- good - good design,unique,40 sq.m bed room with spa bed, bath basi
- great hotel great location - it was off season but hotel a great find
good food good loc
- Great hotel in a central location - Really nice hotel with excellent service. Pool access wonder
- Great hotel with cheap price - We stayed there for a couple days and found that it is a nic
- Great hotel with lovely decorated rooms - lovely room with beautiful bathroom and large tub. hotel bui
- great hotel - 100% great hotel in every thing,location, room size, breakfa
- Great hotel - great with pool assess. i booked 3 rooms, and we shared a co
- Great Hotel - Our room was cozy and offered many new gadgets. The decor wa
- Great hotel - the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our
- Great Location , big rooms - it was great stay on this hotel, i visit here 2nd time an it
- Great Location Beautiful Resort - Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Resort is just so nice and great v
- Great location but very difficult to get around - The hotel is lovely and the room and the bath are very nice
- Great location - this was a return stay for my partner and i. unfortunately,
- Great Location - this was our 3rd stay at sugar palm grand hillside it is a
- Great modern hotel! - Sugar Palm Grand Hillside (not to be confused with Sugar Pal
- Great overall hotel - great location in kata beach. beautiful views but had to wal
- Great place for the price - We booked this thinking that we were getting a room at Sugar
- great service, prices, staff, pool - only downpoint is a steep walk up to the hotel, but its only
- Great value during promotional period. - I was staying before the Easter hoilday, which the room is q
- Healthy Hotel for all ages - The only setback to what a wonderful experience at Sugar Pal
- Hi-quality Fashion Design Hotel, a must. - this hotel is amazing. i never saw a high level standard hot
- holiday - Wow!!! amazing new boutique hotel.
five infinity pools, spa
- Horrendous service - My friends came to visit but reception called and asked how
- It is the good time with my family. -
- Love every minute of it and very welcoming - At first I booked to only stay for 4 nights and extended it
- Love! - The rooms are very modern and minimalistic style. I had a po
- Lovely Boutique Hotel on Good Location - we were very happy with our stay at sugar palm grand hillsid
- lovely hilllside hotel - nice and convient, but not good wifi service. water not warm
- lovely hotel for the price - we stayed for 3 days, hotel is in a nice location - hilly pa
- Lovely hotel with big rooms - sugar palm grand hillside have been my choice for the last f
- Lovely hotel - this is the second time i stayed at this hotel. the room was
- Lovely Location - Good Hotel booked with a good deal.Rooms are spacious and cl
- Mediocre - nothing special - Nothing special about this hotel, so I'm left slightly lack-
- Minimal at affordable price! - we love the design of the rooms and the pools. very clean ro
- Modern Clean Hotel - Rooms - modern and clean - a real delight
Location - Fanta
- modern clean rooms will mac and great pools - great 6 days no complaints,
- Modern Room on a hill side - I stayed two nights with my love which the first was a pool
- Modern style with kind staff - The hotel was very nice and the staff was very helpful. The
- Modern Zen hotel, situated on top of a hill - Hotel room was large and well equipped.
- my experiences stayed in this hotel - i feel very happy stayed here but not at all,public transpor
- New & modern hotel - warm welcome from the staffs, near to Kata beach and comfort
- Nice and comfortable hotel - my wife and myself was very happy when we first reach the ho
- Nice but steep - I can understand this is a popular hotel. Although it is hil
- Nice but too high - set in middle of restaurant, private and cosy, very big room
- Nice hotel for such a good price - we found this hotel to be really good value! the rooms were
- Nice Hotel, decent location - The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff were friendly a
- Nice hotel, good decoration with pool excess - It is much worth for the money.
Good and relax to stay thei
- Nice Hotel - Great view of Kata. The hotel design is modern and stylist.
- Nice hotel - had a great stay. short way to the beach and many restaurant
- nice hotel - We were on the top floor - more like the top of the hillside
- Nice looking, but lots of bugs. - I really wanted to like this hotel. The swimming pools were
- Nice place to stay - For those who love space, simple layout and quiet hotel, thi
- nice! - I stayed here with my wife 2 weeks ago for 10 days and I had
- Nice, Clean and easy acess to town - Good hotel will recommend to my friends and hotel staffs are
- Not bad for the price - Rooms have decent size but hotel service was not up to stand
- not recommended this hotel is not clean , - the room was very disappointing not clean windows dirty wal
- One of the best - As mentioned in other reviews, there is a steep incline whic
- perfect swimming pool and bathtub -
- Phuket Kata Sugar Palm Grand Hillside - The hotel is location at the end of kata which is pretty qui
- Relaxed - First off you will see allot of reviews perhaps on here or T
- romantic and beautiful -
- Room at the top of the hill - I was there two nights with my colleagues. Always arrive bac