Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2705)
July 10, 2012
Steep slopes, but nice views
nice views of kata beach, clean rooms...
- steep slopes which may cause some difficulties for the eldery
- nice view of kata city area
- choose a mid level rooms for the best of both worlds
the restaurant opposite the hotel serves good breakfast and meals.
July 10, 2012
Nice Jacuzzi room with nice view
thoughful design and nice view of kata city area
recommended for couples on honeymoon with theme lights in the room,
nice view of kata city area.
good breakfast served.
July 10, 2012
4 types of free drinks for guest
good rooms. We checked in for 2 rooms and the staff gave us 1 on the 1st floor, the other on the 3rd floor.
We wanted to stay next to each other & the staff said is full. They dont bother
To help us, instead blame it on agoda, the reason is bcos we booked through Agoda.
Honestly that was the 2nd time they blame Agoda. This is my 2nd time staying there&
will be my last.
Also, dont be surprise if u dont get the rooms you booked, cos they will always say they upgraded you to a" pool access room."
They dont show concern why guests booked jacuzzi room or sea view room.
As long as u booked through agoda,they can upgrade yours anytime, cos pool access room is much more expensive.
Try largo tapas bar. they serve good spanish tapas & paella.
2mins away from sugar palm grand hill
United States of America,
July 09, 2012
The location is excellent for the money!
Someone invested a lot of money in this property, but they are not evidently interested in maintaining their investment. Although the hotel is well located and has excellent pricing, you will find a myriad of things that need improvement both physically and in the area of customer service. In short, it is a sinking ship!
Reading the other reviews, I heartily agree that this property is difficult to maneuver around. Yes, you will most likely be climbing hills or ramps to get to your hillside room. Don't count on the staff assisting you with as little as a map of the hotel. It doesn't exist nor do their smiles as they perform their duties. The staff is robotic and uninterested in this property that needs so many little repairs that it must be common that this ship is going down, and it is going down fast. I have a suspicion that workers no longer live in their bodies. Someone sucked the life out of them.
There are so many things that need repair at this hotel that it kind of breaks your heart that someone is letting such a "once nice place" go down so quickly.
One of my biggest complaints is black mold. This property has it and would most likely already have been closed down in most countries. My bathroom was full of it. That and the hand prints on the window glass from previous customers that separates the bathroom from the room were my pet peeve. This hotel leaks everywhere! That lends to creating a mold problem that will not go away unless this place is bulldozed. And it will be one day!
Another pet peeve was the disinteresting breakfast. I am not an egg eater, and that left me with very few interesting options. My favorite item (potatoes of all things) were always cold. One bright morning, I saw a worker bring in new potatoes from the kitchen. I was the very first one to run to the serving tray and pop open the lid because nothing else being served excited me. To my horror, the newly placed potatoes were cold as well.
United States of America,
July 09, 2012
Great location, nice sized room, need upgrading
Pool access room was nice, large tub for two, great views, large sized room, close to shops and beach
It rained the entire time we were at this property, so we spent a lot of time in the room, which was large enough for us to work out in, lounge in the tub and pool, and surf the net on the flat screen TV. Internet is sketchy as the wireless blips in and out, and the property can really use upgrading as there is plenty of rust, and the towel bars and soap shelf were practically falling off the walls. The staff was attentive, but they could use training in communication skills. They called our room for various reasons, and after gaining the answers they sought, it was they M.O. to just hang up! The gym did not have any working equipment and was deplorable.
July 08, 2012
Great Hotel with helpful staffs
Far from the shopping area
The hotel was nice, but access to the hotel was pretty difficult, because we have to climb over so many stairs. Because we got the room with pool view. Not so good with pregnant lady because the elevator pretty far for the room. The room was big, nice view, clean, and the bathroom was awesome.
Went to kata beach only 15 minutes away from the hotel. But don't come to phuket at may - august because the weather was bad, rainy everyday, we can't go to the beach. The restaurant and night life closed at 10pm. Restaurants and foods was ok, not good enough but ok. Beers are cheap and good.
United States of America,
July 07, 2012
The Sugar Palm is on a steep hillside over looking Kata Beach. My room was on the next to highest level with a view of the terraced swimming pools and the hillside. The room was large and well appointed. the bathroom had a large walk-in shower and a full bath tub. The double wash basins were outside in the entry way, so lots of room.There was a good sized closet with a safety box, but too few hangers. Bathrobes and slippers were provided as well as Crocs for walking to the beach. There was a nice balcony with table and chairs, plus a desk area facing the window with wifi.
The main draw back is the hike up the hill to get to the room. The hotel is configured in a horseshoe and there were lifts on the other side, so I had to walk down 2 levels, then cross over, go up a level to the lift, the down 4 levels to another lift then down again to the main lobby level where the buffet breakfast was served. Once I figured it out it was fine, but not a place for a person with knee problems or mobility issues.
I asked the desk if the had a map of the hotel to help navigate, but they just said no, and didn't offer any help at all.
Once you are down on street level it is an easy walk to the beach, and a variety of eateries. Kata is a bit isolated, there was no bus service to Patong, but for 30Bht you could go from Kata to Phuket City on the other side of the island 2 hour round trip. Taxis are very expensive and seem to have a death grip on tourists.
The hotel was a little rough around the edges, not as well kept as you'd expect from this type of resort hotel, but if you didn't look too close it was fine.
July 06, 2012
great and worth hotel
the pool access room is greal
staffs are kindly, enviorment is great, dilicious foods are aroud the hotel. of course the pool access room is very nice. if you like to relaxe, here is the best hotel i think~
the restaurantsat the crosscorner are very good.
July 05, 2012
Good hotel for relaxation and business
large and comfortable rooms, good location, wired and wireless internet, car rental service, free car parking
Hotel is located on the hill and rooms very nicely located trough out several levels. There is a restaurant and massage services right near the hotel. Rooms in the hotel are quite large for the price they ask :) Rooms have free wireless internet and those with garden view have also wired internet access (please insure you take the network wire with you - I have not found any in the room). Hotel has car rental service and free car parking - very convenient. The beach is also near by. Internet connection is fast enough for skype, youtube and torrent.
We met three issues in the hotel.
1. Internet access was not very stable. Wifi was time to time dying and even access through wire couple of times disappeared for an hour or two. ( I was there for 13 nights).
2. Bath stopper was broken. The hotel staff fixed it couple of times but the construction of the bath is not very good - so it was breaking constantly. So if you are a bath fan - it is not very good for you. Other wise you can use shower - it is separate and working :)
3. Once A\C was broken but they fixed it within an hour.
Summary: Very good hotel for the price they ask.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Good for business and family trip.
July 04, 2012
Nice hotel, good decoration with pool excess
Pool excess and value for money comparing with the condition and comfort
It is much worth for the money.
Good and relax to stay their, you can imagine the pool excess room with such low room rate.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Hotel was built on the hill, so it was a bit tired if you stay in the higher level room.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Hotel, Phuket
- a challenging stay - We enjoyed the beautifual and well-designed hotel which is w
- a love travel time - this really satisfied for stay at here. the view,decoration,
- A nice place - It's a nice place I would love come back!
- A Pleasant stay - Had a great stay here, 4 days split over 2 stays, Lobby staf
- A very convicenec hotel - Room was nice. Quite new, good location, 5 minutes walk to t
- A very relaxing hotel - nice sea view in Jaccuzi room
nice room services
big room wi
- All Uphill - I know that the hotel is called "Hillside", but after readin
- Amazing Hotel - Stayed here twice now and it was great. We had to get picke
- Awesome hotel. Best option in Phuket. - We completely loved this place. It's not in Patong, which is
- Beautiful hotel 5 minutes from the beach -
- Beautiful hotel, great pool(s)! - we really enjoyed our stay here. they upgraded our room for
- beautiful view but very cold, indifferent staff - We loved the view, and the price was great on agoda, but the
- Clean and comfortable - We really enjoyed our stay at Sugar Palm. The rooms were cl
- Comfortable room with a view - the hotel itself is very good, has got everything i wanted:
- cozy room with a touch of Zen feeling - always enjoy coming back. upon booking throught agoda, i req
- disappointing rooms, poor service, poor english - staff had terrible english and rooms were dirty and in poor
- Elegant architecture and good service - The hotel is centrally located in the Kata Beach south area.
- Excellent hotel, will return soon for sure - Wonderful Hotel, great location, quiet and conveniently loca
- Fabulous hotel with ocean and pool view - had a great time here and staff were really helpful. there's
- Fantastic stay!! - We had a great stay at this hotel! It is a brand new hotel s
- fantastic stay, great room w/ own pool, friendly s - so relaxing after a long trip at sea.. I can only recommend
- Get the pool access rooms - We initially booked a pool view room but upon checking in, w
- good for value, quiet - I like this hotel a lot, esp at the price I paid, i think it
- Good Hotel - lovely hotel..spacious rooms with good breakfast and service
- Good location - Stayed there for 2 nights. Definitely understand why is it c
- good place for relaxation and honeymoon - My parents were staying at room 1901, room with jacuzzi..
- Good value for money - Good breakfast.
Nice and well maintained pool. Very helpf
- Grand fun on the hillside! - I recently had the good fortune to spend 8 nights at the Bra
- Grandhill side was a disappointment - We checked into grand hillside and were hit by a mildue smel
- Great Again - This is the second time we stayed at the Sugar Palm and we w
- Great Boutique Hotel - We booked a grand jacuzzi deluxe room as a treat for our las
- Great for honeymooners - We love everything bout this hotel. Modern design with wonde
- great hotel on lovely location - great location and swimming pools, nice design hotel
- Great hotel overall, needs English speaking staff - Great hotel overall but needs staff that understand English
- Great Hotel with very reasonable price - We are 6 young adult, first time to Phuket. This hotel was r
- Great Hotel!!! - We stayed at this hotel in May 2009. We had a room where yo
- Great hotel - This is a good hotel for relaxation, especially choose the r
- Great location & view of Kata, modern facility - I had a great trip with my family here - rooms were spacious
- Great location and modern facilities - we loved this hotel due to its proximity to the beach and sh
- Great location near beach but steep slopes - Place is still undergoing renovation on some parts of buidli
- Great Location with Good Pricing - it is an enjoyable experience staying in sugar palm hillside
- Great location, big rooms, hotel for relaxation - A great place of stay if you wanted loads of peace and tranq
- Great location, Nice hotel - Have stayed in Sugar Palm Grand Hillside twice now, firstly
- Great location - Great location except for a little climb up to hotel lobby f
- Great location - I enjoyed my stay at this hotel as it is located near to the
- great location - we stayed for a week at this hotel, overall it is a good loc
- Great place and lovely staff - hotel's rooms are clean. nice place, but you may need to be
- Great Place to stay - our stay here was great.pool was very clean and gardens well
- Great room with reasonable price - overall the hotel is great
if your room is pool access need
- Great value - The hotel's room and swimming pool is great. Food located ne
- Hotel is a workout, but good stay - good starter hotel for phuket. too much for my older parents
- Hotel on the hill - A very nice hotel in a good location. I was very surprised t
- It's a pleasant stay! -
- it's amazing! - it's amazing! the hotel is close to the beach and night mark
- It's nice hotel , greate location on kata beach - Facility quite okay, but I don't like this room style and so
- Just stay there - Modern new hotel with big room, super location
- Living in paradise - Amazing hotel as this is our 3rd stay and trust many more to
- Love this hotel would def book again! - Excellent place would love to stay again. Value for money! F
- Loved it!!... - We stayed for 4 nights... we had the rm which was the highes
- Lovely hotel but can be cleaner - the rooms were quite nice and spacious, and although you had
- Lovely hotel but needs renovation, 3 star hotel - 1h by car from the airport away. great quiet location at the
- Lovely rooms with fantastic staff - a lovely stay. stayed at the hotel twice so far and was nvr
- lvoely hotel and nice decoration - I love this hotel for their design and decoration. I booked
- Modern and extravagant - We had an amazing stay at the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside. The
- Modern hotel in a great location - kat beach is 2 beaches south of the popular and very busy pa
- NEW YEAR CELEBRATION - We stayed in the hotel due to a wedding at Kata beach. We ha
- Nice alternative to the craziness of Patong - after a crazy 40-minute taxi ride from phuket airport, we we
- nice and clean hotel - Over all, we can rate this hotel with good and clean hotel.
- Nice and good service hotel - I stayed there 5 night. It was very impressive. The location
- Nice designed room with cool bathroom. - great and clean place.. stayed there twice, once on sea view
- Nice hotel and nice getaway - I stayed here for the third time. Still one of the best plac
- Nice hotel but bad service - I enjoy the facilities of the hotel. But the staff of the ho
- Nice hotel with friendly services - a peaceful holiday staying in sugar palm grand hillside hot
- Nice Hotel with great location - Nice hotel room and great location which locate at the heart
- Nice Hotel with Nice Pool Access - As overall, we love staying at this hotel.We upgraded our ro
- Nice hotel! - We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, the room was HUGE
- Nice hotel, close to Kata Beach, while a bit hilly - Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is limited c
- nice hotel. great location - great location. 5-10 mins walk to the beach and food area
- Nice Hotel - Hotel was nice and pretty and they gave me a free upgrade to
- Nice Hotel - i booked a room with seaview, but hardly view the sea from t
- Nice little hotel on the hill - our stay was pretty okay. the size of the room and bathroom
- Nice location, minimalist style - Booked this location hoping it would be family friendly and
- Nice rooms, not very clean though - Booked run of house room and was upgraded to pool access roo
- Nice view but poor service - Stayed here for two nights . Price was incredibly cheap (su
- Nice view, great position, good services - Lived in the sea view room. The room is clean, big, trendy.
- Nice, big, modern hotel - the cons are the services are not so good. the receptions ar
- not worth to book with jacuzzi as it is not good -
- Our experience in Phuket. - We stayed in Phuket for five nights with our family; it was
- outstanding hotel design on the Hill slope - impressive hotel design that constructed on the hill slope.
- Overall nice hotel - I requested honey moon decoration in the room, but it was di
- Perfect with some exceptions - All in all a good Hotel.
- Pool Access Room - The rooms are designed with a chic, minimalist and industria
- Really nice hotel - As mentioned in other reviews, there is a steep incline whic
- romantic and beautiful -
- sea view location, fatastic swimming pool - the staff helped us carry our luggage up to the hill. i like
- Steep slopes, but nice views - - steep slopes which may cause some difficulties for the eld
- Stunning property, great design & value - I love new, clean, modern designs. The pics on their website
- such good value - stayed here for 4 nights. super refresshing and calm hotel t
- Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Hotel, Kata, Phuket -
Overall this Sugar Palm Grand Hillside is very good value f
- Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Hotel, Phuket, Thailand - enjoyed thoroughly