Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2695)
May 20, 2012
Nice pool next to room but thats about it.
this is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. we came back because we got a good deal on a room with our own pool directly outside our room which was great. unfortunately thats where it ends for this hotel. in the year since our first visit it has gone downhill a great deal.
the biggest problem is the complete 100% lack of anything that even resembles customer service. the reception staff can barely communicate with foreigners, don't even look at you when your trying to talk and take about 5 minutes to even acknowledge your presence whilst they are all chatting to each other.
it all gets worse at breakfast when every morning a rude employee simple looks at your and says "ticket" (refering to your daily breakfast voucher) then snatches it out of your hand and walks off. don't even bother with the breakfast here anyway, even though it is included in the room price, you are better off going and buying it elsewhere. worst breakfast in thailand including places i have stayed for under $ per night.
our room was located on the ninth floor. the hotel is on a big hill so if you have any problems with mobility or fitness and are going to be staying in a higher room, id give this place a miss. there is an elevator that can take you part of the way. unfortunately if you are staying on the right hand side of the hotel (as we were), the elevator is useless because its on the opposite side and you have to just walk up the hill again anyway. i had no problem walking up the hill myself but doing it all the time gets old very quickly.
im not sure how old the hotel is but its looking very dated. i hope they start to look after it better otherwise in another uear it will look terrible.
other things to mention are the rooms are all stacked on top of each other with paper thin walls/floors so you can hear everything from the other rooms. dont even bother thinking it has "high speed wifi" like the description mentions. yes there is wifi but it is absolutely useless
May 20, 2012
Lovely rooms but service could be better
Good location, lovely sea view
Stayed for 2 nights and loved the room - nice and spacious with a big bath and a mac mini computer was an extra luxury. Had a lovely sea view although also a partial building site opposite which spoilt a little. It was only the service that disappointed, some of the front desk staff were fine but others were extremely rude and looked angry most of the time, not the lovely Thai hospitality I have experienced before. For breakfast again one young girl who was very rude and both days as I was up quite early no one in the egg station so I just ended up eating fruit. Pool was ok. Could be a nice hotel with better service and the occasional smile.
Visit the small massage place opposite for cheap and very good Thai massage.
May 20, 2012
Great location, pretty good service
This hotel has many room types that you can choose. I surprised about the bathroom caz it's no painting but so beautiful in boutique style.
May 18, 2012
excellent hotel,, good services and restaruant
excellent hotel, good services and restaruant, very clean and spacious rooms, would stay here again
May 18, 2012
Free suana, steam room and lovely pool
It is a beautiful hotel with good facilities. i enjoy the hotel facilities. The pool is really beautiful and the view is nice. everything is just nice. The only disadvantage is that the hillside is not so suitable for old people. however, they provide the club car for the disable and old people.
If you want to enjoy nightlife this hotel is not so suitable because it located in Kata. For me Kata is more for relax. If you want nightlife then go to Patong, bang la road.
Families with older children
May 18, 2012
Great location, big rooms, hotel for relaxation
Location, 5 min walk to kata beach, price, convenience, friendliness of staff
A great place of stay if you wanted loads of peace and tranquility, yet having quick access to the beach, F&B. Less nightspots in the area vs other beaches. Family friendly.
Get loads of bottled water for drinking in Phuket.
May 18, 2012
The hotel has nice pool and the service is very good
May 17, 2012
Perfect destination for a perfect holiday!
Pool access suite amazing!
We loved Sugar Palm Hillside! Perfect location! Perfect atmosphere! The pool access room where great! The relaxed feeling walking into your room and jumping straight into your own private pool was out of this world!! I would definently stay here again and have boosted to all my friends to stay and already a mate has taken my advice and have booked for September! The staff were fabulous and the fact that you get a free mini bar stocked daily and free wifi in your room just makes it a better place to stay!! Take my advice and book Sugar Palm HillSide for your next stay!! We will!!
Families with older children
United States of America,
May 17, 2012
Nice Hotel, great location but on a steep hill
Loved the pool access room with swim up to the pool bar. Lovely rooms with unique decor and very clean.
At first, we had a "sea-view" room but changed to the pool access room with swim up to the pool bar. This was much better. Our adult sons stayed in a room two floors higher than the elevator would reach, so they had a bit of a climb to get to their room. They are athletic, so it was fine for them and they also had pool access which they loved. However, anyone who doesn't want the extra exercise should make sure to get a room not higher than the 7th floor. This hotel is not right on the beach, but about a five-minute walk away.
May 16, 2012
Lovely hotel and nice view
Nice room for couples to enjoy the sunset from kata beach. And have unique pool that you can spent time with your couple
You can go to kata beach in the afternoon and you can see the sunset. Its really beautiful sunset!
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Hotel, Phuket
- A nice place to stay for the price range. - Most of the hotel staffs are very polite just the hotel rece
- a silent and nice hotel, but not near downtown - this is a clean and nice hotel with a very silent environmen
- a very pleasant stay - The hotel is situated on a hill. The pool and rooms are love
- A week in Paradise - I intended to stay for 3 nights, but ended up extending my s
- A wonderful stay in Sugar Palm Grand Hillside - the hotel room are clean, staff are on duty 24hrs to tend to
- Affordable hotel with all features - the jacuzzi is the best thing in the world... and honestly i
- Amazing pool , perfect location and great service. - The day we arrived we have to ask the hotel give us a room c
- Away from the crowd but close to the action - The staff was friendly, however they could do with a few mor
- Awesome Location, Nice Rooms but weird Floors - The hotel is slightly up-hill but very short distance, which
- Beautiful hotel - A very romantic stay-in for couple for relaxation without an
- Beautiful! - This is the best hotel in Katabeach! Nice clean big rooms! G
- Best Value in Phuket! - We arrived at the hotel and had to walk up the hill with all
- Big clean rooms - Really good value for money, friendly staff, excellent Kata
- centrally located on a nice beach -
- Clean with great location... - This is my second stay at the hotel.
It was convenient an
- Contempory design great service - We enjoyed a 5 night stay in a jacuzzi balcony room.
- Decent time at the Sugar Hill Grand Hillside - The Sugar Palm Grand Hillside turned out to be decent place.
- Enjoy the walk - We really weren't impressed with this hotel, there's not rea
- Enjoyable stay at the hotel - This was a very relaxing stay and we enjoyed the pool very m
- Excellent resort,good room - Strongly recommend!few types of room to selected from,you wo
- Exellent - Would recommend hotel to anyone who does not mind climbing s
- Fantastic place to stay - New hotel at the very end of Kata Beach with great design in
- Good and nice view Hotel - Good Hotel the cost not too expensive , nice swimming pool.B
- Good Hotel, Convenient Location - We enjoyed our stay here. We booked a Grand Pool View Room,b
- Good Hotel, not too expensive and close to the bea - Sugar Palm Grand Hillside hotel is a comfortable hotel with
- good hotel -
- Good location and garden view, - Toilet must very clean because this is cement surface not ce
- Good location - Mali restaurant is tasteless and poor of service. Price is n
- good location - wonderful stay. good room size. very slow internet.
is a g
- Good price and location - The water pressure from the shower head is low and not accep
- good spot for relax - spend 5 nights on 2012 oct, good accomodation, friendly staf
- Good value for money - The hotel is nicely situated away from the main road between
- Good, will go back again - We were there on March 11 - 14, 2009 and stayed in the Grand
- Gorgeous hotel well situated in beautiful kata - Situated just off the main strip of kata. This is a gorgeous
- Great accommodation but poor service - Having stayed at the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside our past 2 tr
- Great accommodation - great rooms, beds are very comfortable, too many stairs alth
- Great beautiful calm hotel - Would absolutely stay here again. Beautiful rooms although a
- Great For Value - The hotel location is great but be prepared to a steep climb
- Great hotel and location - we stayed for 4 nights, we had a room on the 8th floor cor
- Great hotel but location not that good - great room but can't really see the seaview.
- Great hotel in a central location - Had a great stay at the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside.
- Great Hotel with helpful staffs - The hotel was nice, but access to the hotel was pretty diffi
- Great Hotel!!!! ( If you love stairs! ) - great hotel, great location, Great pools, Great breakfast, T
- Great hotel, steep hill. - Although the hotel itself is lovely, the walk up the extreme
- great hotel.. - it was all good...been to kata almost every year...n this is
- great hotel - its so nice hotel,the stuff are good,room are modern and com
- great hotel - This is our second time staying at the hotel and this time o
- Great Hotel - We had booked 3 rooms seperately with Agoda, so we were worr
- Great location and fantastic facilities - We travelled with two young children (2- and 5- year olds) s
- Great location and great service - The sugar palm hotel was very receptive and location was awe
- Great location with lovely rooms - We stayed for 4 nights in Sugar Palm. Nice hotel convenientl
- Great location, great rooms - Took a few days to fix the elevator but place is great and w
- Great location..good service and value for money - We enjoyed our stay here very much...the hotel is well posit
- great location - good room size.
Great jacuzzi. Quiet environment.
- Great Location - This was my second stay at Sugar Palm Grand Hillside. The di
- great location - we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and found the location
- Great Modern Hotel - We felt Sugar Palm Grand Hillside was at a good location for
- Great place, big rooms - After haveing travelled around on different Islands staying
- Great Place - This was a fairly new hotel when we stayed, and had our own
- Great resort, service and rooms were great value - We stayed at the Suger Palm for 6 nights. The rooms are comf
- had a sugar of a time - had a very comfortable stay in a modern resort
- Hospitable with picturesque view on the sea - The hotel is located in the walk distance from everything, r
- Hotel to Relax - Hotel more for relaxation. It is quite tedious to come n go
- I will come back! - Seriously, i love it! Usually i love doing backpacker style
- It would be a nice place but it is not yet - The complex is completely new and if you like the minimal st
- Large rooms with modern design -
- Lovely atmosphere, great place for photo shooting! - i stayed here for 3 nights. Found the followings
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - it's too complicated to find a room
- Lovely hotel only minutes away from Kata beach - minutes away from kata beach and many restaurants in the vic
- Lovely Hotel with a private pool and spacious room - A nice hotel with a nice pool right in front of the balcony.
- lovely hotel - the hotel is in a great location in Kata, close to everythin
- Lovely Quite Hotel - When I arrived, the hotel impressed me a lot, for there 11 t
- Lovely rooms but service could be better - Stayed for 2 nights and loved the room - nice and spacious w
- Low season travellers - nice experience, strongly recommended, any room is ok
- Modern Hotel with a nice room - I love this hotel very much. Just 15 min walk to the Kata Be
- Modern Hotel, great view, nice location - I very nice property at the South end of kata beach. The di
- Modern style hotel -
- my favorite hotel in phuket - i've stayed at 3 hotels while in phuket and the sugar palm g
- My Stay at the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside - We had a truly comfortable stay at the hotel and all the ser
- new hotel with great view of kata - staff could be more helpful. hotel is not good for handicapp
- Nice and hip hotel - The location is perfect, many restaurant, food stalls, shopp
- NIce design and good location - NIce hotel and good location to the beach and restaurants.
- Nice getaway -
- Nice hotel but the pools were small. - great room with views,
- Nice hotel for leisure - It is recommended to stay in kata sugar palm hillside, you c
- Nice hotel located at hill top -
- Nice hotel on the slope of a hill... - This is a nice hotel... a short walk from the beach and the
- Nice hotel with grate location - The hotel itself is very nice! The room is spacious, clean,
- Nice hotel, but the service are no good - The room are nice. But the service given by the staff are re
- Nice hotel, good location, value for money - The hotel is new and rooms are big and clean.Nica swiimimg p
- Nice hotel, great rooms with pool - Hotel was a good choice. We had a room with private pool acc
- Nice hotel, trendy rooms, pretty far out of town - Nice time there we only spent one night, staff were friendly
- Nice hotel - The hotel is nice. With many restaurants around. Fairly we
- Nice room but a trek to get to it from the lobby - we had three of us stay in a pool view room. we had to get
- nice rooms and pool, but high on a hill - + hotel is positioned high on a hill which separates Kata Be
- Nice small hotel at an easy to find location - Love the room decor being in cold cement flooring. No compla
- Not Enjoyable stay - First day reach the hotel, I had change 4 rooms. First water
- Not for the infirm or incapacitated - This hill is unbelievable, almost perpendicular & lift acces
- One of the best...except for the steps!!! - we (9 of us) had a wonderful week staying here. the rooms we
- Our Stay @ Sugar Palm Grand Hillside March 2009 - We stayed that the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside in Kata Beach f