Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1262)
August 02, 2009
nice swimming pools, nice breky.
Overall its a nice resort. it has a heap of pools which are cool, even though we didnt go in all of them.. the breakfast is good and has alot of variety. our room was alright it was on the second floor over looking the swimming pool next to the breakfast... i dont know what it would be like though for those who were on the ground floor, that might be a bit to close for comfort. its a pretty good resort right in the middle of patong, so you have easy access to the markets and the beach is practically across the road depending wat exit you take from the resort. although in saying that patong is smelly so outside the resort you can feel the wrath of patong.. the staff were friendly although they tried to screw us around in paying mini bar fees etc, until we complained. so make sure you check your bill when you check out. over all it is a nice resort, for patong anyway!
Hotel Feature Tip:
check your bill on check out haha.
Families with older children
July 31, 2009
Thara Patong Resort
Location, swimming pools, breakfast buffet
The Tara Patong beach resort is wel situated oppsite the Patong Beach. We stayed in the premier rooms, which were nicely decorated. Even a CD player is provided in the rooms. Unfortunately the airconditioner in our room did not perform as expected and it took four days for the front desk to finally sens someone to fix it.
The hotel has two very nice pools and ample beds are provided for the guests. Alhough construction was going on behind the hotel, we did not experience to much noise from this, as the work was limited between 9 o'clock in the morning and 5 o'clock in the afternoon.
The breakfast buffet was plenty in choice and closed only at 1030, so even for late sleepers a good chance. Staff at the restaurant very friendly. All in all I can recomend this hotel as I did not have any negative experiences here.
try a relaxing footmassage in one of the establishments around the hotel. Feels like heaven!!
July 31, 2009
A few steps to the beach
My Partner and I traveled to Thailand Mid July 2009. Phuket and Thara Patong was the last stop on our fantastic 3 week trip. We arrived in Phuket with mixed feelings about our decision to go there and unsure of what we might find. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with cold face towels and a refreshing drink at the reception, a nice touch. When I handed the staff our reservation it seemed there was a little confusion with the room upgrade offered to us on Agoda, however this was quickly sorted.
The room was comfortable although starting to creak around the edges. The tile grout in the massive shower had a bit of black mould here and there. The Bed was good for Thai standards, we had no trouble sleeping. The room also had the great touch of a dvd player, very rare in Thailand.
On first inspection the pools look great but dont look to close as cracks start to appear all over from the Jaccuzi that did not function to the tiles falling off the edge of the pool.(I also put my foot through the brittle plastic grates over the overflow drains) Time for a swim, i jumped in the pool and was informed a minute later that the pool was closing for maintenance in 5 mins, surely not at 1pm? well they closed the pool and that was that. and what about the towels? well you have to track down the housekeeper each day to trade the old ones in a silly system in my opinion. The breakfast was the hotels saving grace all 5 days it was exceptional the menu changed daily there was a great mix of eastern and western, fruit and pastries, eggs cooked to order, attentive staff, what a great way to start the day. Over all the hotel was fine for us we used it for breakfast and sleeping prefering to get out to the beach by day. The staff were all fine but none stood out to us. we both feel there are better deals to be had in Thailand on better beaches. we probably would not return.
We sat on Patong beach 2 days this was fine untill the tide comes in and brings half of asias waste plastic with it... If you are looking better beaches go around the headland to Karon or Kata much prettier without the crowds.
July 29, 2009
Close to Bangla Rd and Beach. 2 pools.Staff were wonderful.
Our taxi found it difficult to find as the address given is the side of the hotel opposite the beach but the actual entrance is around the corner.The reception staff were sullen and had little english. The restaurant staff were wonderful as were the pool bar staff. Jack and Ran and Ling were especially helpful. If we missed breakfast due to late nights we ordered what we wanted at the restaurant ! Lovely massage jets in the pool for those aching muscles.Buy water at 7- 11 shop , much cheaper than hotel,next to hotel cos youll need more than the 2 free bottles per day . Down side of Patong is the women selling their services everywhere. A good bar is the ROCK STAR. Brilliant live musicians.Lovely nightclub is SOUND near Millenium Hotel.Must visit Kata and Karong.
You can hire a taxi to take you to Phuket town market or anywhere you want for the day for 600 baht. In front of hotel beach side. Also if you want a bike rider to ride you around, only 200 baht.
Families with older children
July 27, 2009
Thara Patong resort
Clean and comfortable rooms- Nice pools- Location opposite the beach. Quiet part of Patong.
we stayed in a premier room, quite comfortable with a twin and a single bed. Room was up to standard, even has radio/CD player combo installed. GREAT swimming pools. Hotel is situated opposite the beach. Breakfast was excellent, even when showing up shortly before closing time (1030). One of the better hotels in Patong and absolutely value for money.
July 27, 2009
The hotel is conveniently less than 5 minutes walk to the beach. Located centrally along Patong Beach, the hotel is near to the many pubs and eating places. The counter staff responded fast when our room door was unable to be opened with the keycard. Breakfast was good with variety. Deluxe room is big and the pool is good.
July 26, 2009
nice big property
nice room, lovely setting
lovely appointed room in a private setting, dvd player in room, great shower.
July 21, 2009
thara patong holiday
tara patong had been recommended to us by friends who had stayed there last year.only 40 minutes from the phuket airport the hotel has a relaxed tropical feel,with an openplan driveway/reception area.the staff were all very efficient and friendly,with varying degrees of english spoken.so resort itself occupies the entire block,through to the esplanade that runs alongside the patong beach.there are two beautiful pool areas with fountains and spa jetw,and fun areas for families travelling with chldren.poolside there are two bars offering a wide menu and drinks for all times in the day,not to mention the much awaited `happy hour`with great priced drinks specials.within the hotel compound there a number or restaurants,a day spa woth really well priced massage packages,as well as the central cabana which offers thai style massages.
outside the two entrances of tharapatong are money changers,a convenience store,tour office,and then all of the markets and a patrlled beach area for swimming.the location is perfect.also included in your room charge is a full breakfast,which is a big plus for most travellers and the omellettes are excellent!!!
mthara patong is a beautifully appointed hotel.the staff are very friendly and helpful,and although not all have a grasp of the english language most tried to converse.the rooms are all a generous size with a combination of all bed sizes,a terrace area overlooking the gardens and pools.the two pool areas are very family friendly,but well spaced apart for singles or couples to use the quieter option.poolside snacks are well priced ss are tha bar prices,with everthing but wine and corona beers half price during happy hour.
really it would be hard to find fault with thara.everything was very good value an i would recommend it to anyone.
buy milk and keep in fridge for tea and coffee.whitener is provided,but not great.and not just this hotel but thai coffee in general is pretty awful,so we would take a small jar from home in future.
the massage cabana in the garden is really well priced,after an hours stretching you feel excellent.
United States of America,
July 20, 2009
I took advantage of an internet special and decided to stay at Thara Patong as it was close to the dive shop I was working with during my stay. While Patong can be, well Patong, the Thara Patong Hotel provided a needed retreat. Excellent value for my money.
July 20, 2009
Its not the beach!!!
Apart from good size pools for relaxation, i hated it.
From the moment i walked into the Patong, i was ready to walk out and find a new hotel. My room had ants all over the bathroom 24/7 and after 2 days of constant complaints, i got upgraded and had to pay 50% of the upgrade costs. We never had anyone even say a warm hello during our regretfull stay there, we finally moved out early to a better hotel. It was worth our sanity!!! By the way, it not on the beach, its accross the beach!!!!
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa, Phuket
- 4 nights in Thara Patong Beach Resort - 4 nights stayed in this hotel, i booked deluxe room but feel
- 4 star hotel with all the facilities & location! - Overall, we had a wonderful experiance at the Thara Patong B
- A pleasnt place to stay. - We only stayed in the hotel for two nights on our way else w
- A really nice resort hotel. - This hotel is great for anyone, and its proximity to the bea
- Amazing location, beautiful hotel grounds - loved it! highly recommended. location fantastic! really clo
- Best value for the money and location! - Make sure you check about the visa requirements before going
- Best choice when having free upgrade to premiere - The location is extremely convenient,it takes only 10-15 min
- Clean hotel with a good location - Good location very close to all the main attractions includi
- Close to beach. Facilities not up to the mark - I would rate my stay was average. Rooms are pretty old. Only
- Close to everything - This hotel offers very comfortable rooms, with room service
- Excellent Hotel - Good value for money - Very pleased with our stay at Thara Patong. We went there be
- Excellent hotel - This hotel is really amazing.
room was clean, big and organ
- Friendly staff, central but no noise - loved the hotel. pop was a great barman along with all othe
- Good & Peaceful Hotel with Greens... - We love the deluxe suite. Too bad our room is too close to t
- good , easy - easy comfort & close to attractions on bangla road close to
- Good affordable hotel -
- Good hotel, ideal location - Great vacation. Hotel centrally located and good ambience.
- good hotel - we spent two nights in Thara Patong.it near the Patong beach
- Good location but ask for a bigger room - My review would have been more positive if we had been given
- good location - The hotel was in a good location. The staff while friendly d
- Good location - This hotel has a good location, near beach side, we request
- Good Rooms... Good Service - We went to Phuket on 23rd Jan 2010... i must say it was a gr
- Good service, excellent pools - had a great stay, the service is very good, internet works w
- great hotel sooooooo nice - great hotel i stay 4 night i take rest and feel good in this
- Great hotel, not in the heart of Patong Beach. - we booked 4 rooms opposite the pool area on the second floor
- Great location & good service - a hotel with good location and friendly staff.
would be be
- Great Location and Good staff - We had a great time, Staff also nice to us. For sure will go
- Great location but needed to beds in room - The staff was very friendly and the included breakfast was g
- Great location but small rooms - its a great venue for rest & relax as its location is near b
- Great location hotel - More than happy to stay there for the family vacation. 10 mi
- Great Location near beach - 've stayed at this hotel many times over the years. Great L
- great location with very poor service - check-in was poor with very unhelpful front desk staff.1 adu
- Great location, attentive staff, beautiful rooms. - Could not have asked for better lodging for 10 days of scuba
- Great Location - Good place - a bit old now but always clean
Christmas Eve p
- great location - Staff generally helpful, although when i arrived at 2pm was
- Great location - This is a hotel with prime location. No noise from the busy
- great place for relaxation - great stay, friendly and helpful staff.Only flaw is that the
- Great Resort with friendly staff - Excellent hotel with fantastic location. Walking distance to
- Holidays - overall happy with hotel.Location was good.Quite in rooms no
- Ideal location & fantastic pool are - I only stayed 2 nights but my stay was extremely enjoyable a
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - very good hotel, good location, big and lovely rooms, just a
- Lovely resort hotel - The room size was ok, could be a bit bigger but was glad the
- luxury hotel - this was a lovely hotel- our rooms were spacious and very co
- Mid range hotel with good location - The resident manager was very friendly and helped us all the
- Nice and pleasant stay - We booked a short 2-nights stay here in the superior upgrade
- Nice hotel for enjoying night life in Patong - If you want to enjoy the busy night life in Patong area, thi
- Nice hotel in a good location - Staff was friendly, rooms cleaned regularly and wifi worked
- Nice hotel -
- Nice Hotel - Hotel was clean, well appointed and had good location to sho
- Nice place in Phuket - This is a nice place. Good location, close to beach, shoppin
- nice place - nice place good service try it.
- Nice resort - Not a bad place to stay. Would stay here again if back in Pa
- ok hotel - fair price for this quality....except internet.
- Patong Beach Resort - Very nice hotel. Pool was very nice. Everything is clean and
- Pleasantly surprised - We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel as some of the
- Quiet , Good Location - Good location , walking distance to major attractions in Pat
- quiet amidst the bustle - We enjoyed staying at Thara for the most part. The location
- reasonable hotel - too big not very comfortable .little bit cold feeling .break
- Review for thara patong - It is a place to rest and convenient to amenities. It is che
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - We arrived quite early before the check in time. As the room
- satisfied - Overall its a nice resort. it has a heap of pools which are
- Saved the day - This hotel saved the day for us after originally booking in
- Sewer smell - the room itself was nice. the sewer smell coming from the ba
- some good some bad - This hotel is moderate. The pool was nice but the room was j
- tbuli - i really enjoed the hotel caze of locations, facilaties and
- Thailand Rules - Liked the hotel very much. The room was large and clean. The
- Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa, -
- Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa, - every thing was ok. the hotel was clean , save , near downto
- Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa -
- Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa - I stayed here 5 days and it did not go well at all. Didn't h
- Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa - I thought it was very good value for money. I street back fr
- Thara patong beach resort and spa - The attitude of the staff ,throughout the hotel, was unfail
- Thara Patong is awesome location at Patong Beach - If you want a great hotel with best location at Patong then
- thara patong resort and spa phuket - the thara patong resort and spa was a pritty descent resort
- Thara Patong review - Our stay at the Thara Beach Hotel was very pleasant, the bre
- Thara Patong Review - The hotel/ resort is in an excellent location, close to the
- Thara Patong Review - The room was clean, good sized, and had a nice balcony overl
- Tharo Patong Resort - Overall we had a good 2 nights stay at Tharo Patong. Good lo
- The best location close to beach and Bangla road - The location of this hotel cannot be beaten. The rooms are O
- Treasure hotel in the center - I Though it will be very noisy stay since hotel just 5 min f
- Value for money hotel - it was a nice stay. we were upgraded to a bigger room. good
- Value for money - Initially I had booked through another hotel located in Phuk
- Very near the beach but far away from central town - The hotel is very near the beach 2 mins walking to the Karon
- We enjoyed so much we returned for a 2nd stay - We had stayed at the Thara Patong earlier in our trip to Tha
- Wonderful hotel - Good location. Very near to Patong beach. Enjoy the night li