Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (658)
February 18, 2010
Great value for money.
clean, comfortable & very conveniently located.
This hotel is conveniently located, just a few steps away from the main street, pubs & entertainment area. It is nestled in a small, quiet alley, hence it is not noisy & still hidden from the bustling nightlife.
The hotel is very clean & comfortable without the extra unneccessary amenities, making it an excellent value for money accommodation for the more casual & cost savvy traveller.
February 17, 2010
good location but room a bit small
convinient location and reasonalbe price
it's located in the center of the downtown area and near to the beach. very friendly staff.
February 16, 2010
Although it is right in the thick of Patong Beach (which may or may not be your thing depending on your reaction to Patong Beach generally), being down a small side street which is quiet means you can get away from it all without distraction. Helpful staff, one of whom managed to get a significant discount on a tour for us.
February 15, 2010
Very clean, nice staffs and good location that why i love it.
the hotel is located in the center, not far from the patong beach, u can spend only 10 minutes by walk going to the beach, shopping center, walking street and restaurants easily. We are very happy to be there. And hope, would like to visit there and stay at the hotel again.
u can spend a time at the beach in the morning and everning, very very beautiful. good night life and enjoy shopping.
United States of America,
February 13, 2010
The Bird Cage
The Birdcage was centrally located to many bars and restaurants and was about a 10 minute walk to the beach. Overall, I had a nice stay. The rooms were clean and simple. But there was a lot of nasty smells coming from around the hotel. I felt like it was a little pricey for what it was. Also being on the top floor with no elevator was a little tiring.
United States of America,
February 11, 2010
The Bird Cage was Great
Super friendly staff helped us with everything. Location is perfect, it's five minutes walk from the shopping and night life and five minutes walk from the beach. Also, it's tucked in from the main road so it's quiet at night.
The place is new, free internet if you have your own laptop. Price-Value, great value for the price.
Overall- a 10 out of 10. My wife and I agreed we would definitely stay there again. The Guesthouse is new and in a perfect location. The path down to Patong beach is quiet and only 5 minutes walk. If you turn the other way out of the hotel, it's only 2 minutes walk to the main street (shopping, food, etc.) But it's far enough back from the main street that you don't hear anything at night. It's true that the place doesn't have an elevator, but the staff is so super accommodating that I'm sure you could choose which floor you wanted to stay on. It's only 4 floors. My wife and I asked for the 4th floor. We wanted to be at the top and going up the stairs was no big deal. The staff helped us with our luggage so there wasn't ever any heavy lifting. It was a comfortable nice place, definitely the nicest on the street. They have room safes, refrigerators in the rooms, smoking or non smoking, TV with 70 channels, etc. It was great.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Because it's a new place many taxi drivers don't know it yet. So if you say the Tiger Inn, which is the big hotel on the corner, you won't have any trouble.
February 08, 2010
Very Nice Guest House
- Neat and Clean,
- Stuffs are very nice
- Quiet at night
- Free wireless-internet
Generally speaking, I spent a pleasant time at The Bird Cage Patong Guest House. The stuffs there are really very friendly. I really like it. It maybe a little bit far to the patong beach, but it is still in walking distance. There is no sea-view of my room, but the mountain view also made me feeling very pleasant when opening the curtain in the morning.
February 01, 2010
All OK, but nothing "special"
New, clean, European, location
This is probably one of the newest questhouses in Phuket. Looks great outside and inside, but ...
We booked 2 rooms and our room was 5 Stars. My friends got room with view to other building wall and very bad ventilation (and their room was more expensive).
Loaction is great - 10 minutes by foot to beach, on the road you can have eat and drink. Also 10 minutes to Patong center.
January 28, 2010
Nice and Clean
Very Clean, Nice and comfort.
Decent hotel, nice and clean, you get what you paid for..
January 27, 2010
Nice and quiet but no lift
Nice, clean and quiet
Good location close to beach and to jungceylon shopping
Nice and quiet location, but close to beach and centre and nightlife. Really good bed. Big and not too soft. Clean rooms. The bad thing is, that there is no lift, so if you can, try to avoid room on 4th floor.. Two bottles of watter. fridge in room.
Kind staff. We stayed there 4 nights then moved to The Gallery next door, which was for less money but no internet..
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - The Bird Cage Patong Guesthouse Hotel, Phuket
- 1 night experience - i have spent one night at this hotel, i found that the envir
- all you need in the heart of patong - Great value for money. Stayed at the mecure for 2nights and
- Average hotel - This hotel is in a small lane off Patong area, walking dista
- clean and good hotel - arrive the hotel ard 12pm and the staff allow me to have ear
- decent hotel -
- Fair - Thank you very much for doing my booking, I did have problem
- Fanatstic value and location - I stayed there 21 nights! Fantastic little hotel, close to E
- good location and good value for money - location was good and in a quiet area even though it is very
- Good location - This hotel is located one block away from the main road and
- good location - We only stayed one night here. friendly staff, good service
- good - good, if have chance, I will stay there again.
- Great hotel and great place - i have enjoyed my staying here. the staff was great and help
- Great location but no lift in the hotel - hotel is nearby patong beach. no breakfast available in this
- Great location really small rooms - Small room and not so clean, ants in the bed, good location
- Great location - great location,near to beach and bangla road and foodcourt
- Great location - i had a nice stay in this guesthouse. the staff were very ca
- Great service - Stayed there for 3 nights, and the hotel staff were all very
- Great value for money. - This hotel is conveniently located, just a few steps away fr
- Kindly warming atmosphere - The atmosphere is good. very near to the beach and the marke
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - hotel was good, room was 207, good room front of hotel - dec
- NIce Budget Hotel - I have enjoyed my staying here. the hotel don't have any ele
- NIce hotel, great location, helpful staff... - First night stayed in superior room 207, big room but too fa
- nice hotel - this is a very nice hotel, we like the hotel very much, the
- Nice small room, good location - Nice room but small. Was able to get a better price the next
- Satisfactory. Clean. Basic - Good place to stay if your looking for somewhere clean and b
- Satisfied and would return - I was overalll very impressed with the entire stay. The hot
- Sevice with a smile - hotel is cheap and location is excellent. if you happen to d
- Small room and clean - we were late night flight arrived phuket, if stay 1 night fo
- Still great hotel for second time. - Still the same as last year, best hotel with cheap price. Fr
- The Bird Cage Patong Guesthouse Hotel -
- The Bird Cage Patong Guesthouse Hotel - The Bird Cage Patong Guesthouse Hotel is located in the cent
- the bird cage patong guesthouse hotel - we requested for two single beds but unfortunately it wasnt
- The Birdcage - Definitely would stay here again, simple clean accommodation
- Very good hotel, good location - Pleasant. My second time staying here. The location is of wa
- Very nice hotel - Nice staff, very quick response to any problems, very helpfu