Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (544)
April 27, 2013
Service, swimming pool and close to beach
April 15, 2013
Moderate Hotel. Ok for the price
Size of room, balcony, location
Arrived early, I booked two rooms, as the other room is for my friends, so whilst their room were ready when we arrived I had to wait till 2pm for the check in,
the room they gave me was pretty far from the reception, where is the only place there is wifi.. check in and out were ok, the compound is huge, easy access to touristic restaurants, all the food within 5 mins walk are not good.. for authentic thai food, walk about 10mins to the roundabout and there is better food there.
April 15, 2013
We booked two rooms, a deluxe for two nights and a terrace deluxe for two nights. We booked the deluxe first and saw that there was only one room available, so we took the next cheapest option, which was the terrace deluxe for a bit more money.
We arrived early at about 11am, and was told that the deluxe room was not ready, and the terrace deluxe was "upgraded" to deluxe. We spoke with them a few times, but they insisted it was an upgrade, which does not make sense since we paid more for the terraced deluxe. And then they said there was problem with the bathrooms. And the staff put on a show about how great was our "upgrade" and didnt admit that they didnt compensate us in any way.
And there is no free wifi, except at the lobby, which was quite a long walk from the room (about 7 mins)
April 15, 2013
Nice hotel, close to the beach
Nice room, friendly staff, close to the beach
The hotel is nice and the room was large and clean (somewhat dated), with big bathroom. Hotel has very limited F&B facilities, but on the 5 minute walk to the beach you pass at least 10 restaurants (and many, clean massage parlors). Buffet breakfast was good (nothing special). Small market at 5 minutes walk; center of Karon is 15 minutes walk (or short tuk-tuk ride).
April 10, 2013
peacefull and relaxing
clean, friendly staff, great pools
The stay was very pleasant a enjoyable. the room of the older type was clean and delightfull
April 08, 2013
Comfortable and easy going
Outdoor shower, central to town, tour desk very friendly and helpful
Our stay was nice, the staff were friendly however front desk was a bit hard with language difficulty. The tour desk was very good even if a little more expensive than the others around - it was convenient. The omelet man was amazing and breakfast was great. Loved the outdoor shower in our spa delux room but the doors did let the Mosquitos in a little. Overal was good :)
United States of America,
April 05, 2013
Location, breakfast, Pool
Families with young children
April 01, 2013
Great Hotel ,Will go Back Again
Fantastic swimming pool,larger rooms friendly staff
Very pleasant stay enjoyed the pool and nightlife just 5min walk to the beach and main road.Most shops located on the main road...Will go back to this hotel
April 01, 2013
Relaxing,, Quiet, friendly staff
Very cold Air Con important for sleeping and reducing humidity, Comfortable Bed, Central Location
Enjoyed our stay but a few things could be improved.
(1) Pool could be open to 8pm especially the roof top pool
(2) Ordered Seafood pizza at the main pool and frozen seafood was used instead of fresh seafood. The pizza was soggy and seafood lacked flavour. 4 Star hotel should use fresh seafood.
(3)Computer room should be airconditioned.
(4)More shelving in wardrobes for clothes storage and more hangers
(5)Juices at breakfast full of sugar should be be natural fruit juices not sweetened drinks.
(6)Safes in rooms should be bolted down.
(7)Not very good cocktails the banana dacquiris for instance should have real bananas not banana essence. Staff should be trained on how to make the cocktails shown on the menu with correct percentages of mixes.
March 28, 2013
Great place for quick quite get away
Excellent location, beautiful hotel layout, very nice and attentive staff
Had a very pleasant stay at the Old Phuket Hotel, contrary to its name, the hotel is actually quite ‘new’ looking, modern. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. Hotel location is excellent, although it’s not 10m from the beach (maybe 200m), it is close to pretty much anything you need – shopping, dinning, etc. As for the room, very nice, stayed at ‘Deluxe Pool Access With Breakfast’ and it was definitely the right choice, price difference for below cat. Was not much and enjoyed a fairly big room with pool access and very nice bathroom (shower + tub); only con, as the room’s very ‘white’ it’s difficult to find it clean, always seemed to have something dirty, although it wasn’t.. bar at the pool, very nice.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - The Old Phuket Hotel, Phuket
- A very impressive stay - i love the old phuket hotel very much because of their room
- Amazing hotel but location was average - loved the facilities available like the table tennis and dvd
- beautiful designed hotel with great service - After a couple of nights in Bangkok and Patong we booked a f
- beautiful hotel - excellent stay in the new wing after some initial hassle wit
- convenience relaxing hotel - The hotel is clean and very good.Foods also great. The hotel
- Excellent hotel with friendly staff - The hotel is in a good location just off the sea front so it
- Fancy hotel right off Karon Beach - Old Phuket was a really pleasurable hotel to stay at. The ro
- Good choice to relax. - Very thoughtful, kind and smiling staff
- Good hotel near the beach - we were there during the low season. so cheap price. hotel r
- Good location but small rooms - The location was very good. It was not too busy or too quiet
- great hotel, great location, except old room ! - Stayed in old wing and when requested to move to new wing, a
- Great location for foreigner. - The lobby and pool very nice and cool.
- Great location for relaxation - I've stayed there for 2 nights. Was greeted by friendly hote
- Great location with nice sized rooms - We stayed in a pool view room on the second floor of the new
- great location - this hotel was fantastic and the staff where so helpful. th
- Honey moon - The room is alright, but when i reach the hotel going to hav
- Loved the Hotel - Great Location - and very quite - Had a great family holiday, weather was fantastic, and The O
- Lovely Hotel - the hotel is lovely. we feel so peaceful and relax upon arri
- Not Bad -
- Not returning to The Old Phuket Hotel - Even though we booked out airport transfer the evening befor
- Nothing to complain about - Very pleasant. Nothing to complain about. Worth the value we
- OK hotel... - Stayed 1 night in a pool access room which was nice but our
- Old Colonial - We arrived to a very friendly welcome in the beautiful recep
- Old Phuket Hotel - Overall performance, cleaniness, comfort, services and condi
- Old Phuket Hotel - The Old Phuket Hotel is in a great location if you require p
- Quietly serene - Love the new serene wing for its pool, interesting lobby, an
- Review of Old Phuket Hotel - Hotel area is watched by guards - you have to show a hotel c
- Serene hotel but rooms can be improved! - The room had pool access so it was very convenient. However,
- Spacious & cultural layout - It is truly valuable for money for the deals we got for the
- The Old Phuket Hotel -
- the old phuket hotel - family enjoyed the experience there. the family sized room w
- Very good in all around - I stayed at the Old Phuket for 3 nights in October 2010. Roo