Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (532)
August 04, 2010
good service，and the staff is very warm-hearted.
The pool is very good, and there is a bar in the pool. You can order some drink and enjoy it in the water.
August 01, 2010
great swimming pool, beautiful room, good breakfast
This must be the nicest room I ever stayed in. The illumination of the room was so beautiful that I got up at night to enjoy watching it. The swimming pool was just as beautiful. Breakfast was extensive and very good. And beautiful Kata beach is only a 5 minute walk. A motorbike will get you everywhere in Phuket.
bring an international driving license if you want to rent a motorbike.
United States of America,
June 10, 2010
Great rooms, good location.
Overall my stay at Tropical Resort was a good one. The room was very spacius and I like the bathroom area very much. The poolview room was fine for me and also might not see the benefit of the poolside room. The staff should brush up on their basic English language skills, although they were very polite.
Rent motorbikes and tour the areas.
United States of America,
June 05, 2010
Good location, walking distance to stores, restaurants and beach. Friendly staff and great pool. Pool access rooms were great.
We enjoyed are stay at the tropical resort. The location was great and close to everything in Kata Beach. The pool access rooms were wonderful allowing for a very relaxing time after touring around the various sites.
Local food vendor that camps outside the 7-eleven down the street that makes amazing shrimp pad thai for 40 baht.
June 05, 2010
review of tropical kata beach
clean modern room
good breakfast selection
having a bath
balcony overlooking pool
we were very happy with our stay here,the room was cleaned every day with clean towels etc,staff were very pleasant and cooperative, couldn't do enough for us and we will come back again also price was good value for money
good restaurants in the same area, taxi out the front and walking distance to the beach
United States of America,
June 02, 2010
Great location, comfortable room, beautiful pool
I really enjoyed the room at this hotel, very comfortable with good aircon and great ambient lighting. The layout of the room is different from most hotels and has an open bathroom area with an enclosed shower and toilet. The large balconies face south and overlook the pool and an eating area so if you want a seaview and privacy this balcony is not for you.
United States of America,
May 25, 2010
Tropical Resort- A little gem
Very large rooms with walk-in rainwater showers and a separate bath that someone over 6 feet can enjoy! The hotel is pretty new and clean. Great pool and big balcony. Convenient location.
This hotel is a little gem. Great value for the money! The pool is partly shaded which kept it cooler than the sea and was very refreshing after a day at the beach. The breakfast was good and they even had an omelet station so you could vary your breakfast every morning. The location was very central. A quick walk north and you and are amongst the loud music or if you prefer a quick walk south for the quieter vibe. Kata Beach was great, soft sand and clear water with gentle waves. I would definitely stay here again.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Tropical Resort is pretty new and the taxi's kept trying to take us to Tropical Garden which is further south down the beach. Tropical Resort's sign is low on the street, but not hard to see if you are paying attention.
May 06, 2010
Tropical Resort @Phuket
the place was wonderful, my room was good as I ever expected
If you want to feel diff. n out for relax from the city mood, here is one of the perfect place to lay our back. I love the design of the room; sexy bath n seperated shower n toilet. Sizing of the room is perfect (I took the deluxe.) But one thing, I don't like is their staffs, they are really not professional; I was expecting nice, neat and perfect hotel talk and how they dress but they are absolutly not when I got there.
I inform them that I will check-in in late hours coz my flight was in the evening but when I got there the few people that were there were people who talking to me like this;
Hotel Staff (HS): Hi! (and look at me with confusing face)
Me : Plz, I would like to check in, I inform you guys before that I will be here in late hour.
HS : Are you sure you book it? coz all guesses are here and check-in already.
Me : Would you like to check for me? or Any info. you want from me to confirm the booking? Are you sure all guesses are here?
HS : Yes, I'm sure, ALL GUESSES ARE HERE!
ME : Would you check for me?
.... and so on...
I think those conversations are not suppose to happened to me. MAYBE I'M THAI AND THEY DON'T LIKE ME TO STAY IN THIER HOTEL.
Lots of good massage places here, fish spa, Thai, oil massage were so good here.
May 03, 2010
great swimming pool, good sized and good designed rooms,location,price
Well located hotel which is five mintues walk to the beach,although we did really enjoy the amazing swimming pool, the rooms are nice and nicely done out and we loved the glass wall between the bed and bathroom, we stayed longer here as we really enjoyed it here compared to patong, and the manager was really helpful in changing are flight tickets, overall we thought this was an excellent hotel for the price..
try the boat house great food.
April 29, 2010
Tropical Resort - Kata Beach experience
- close to Kata Beach
- quiet place, ideal for honeymooners
- neat rooms, nice interiors
- friendly staff
The hotel is very ideal for honeymooners. The atmosphere is calm & relaxing. I like the room. Its neat, pleasant & bright. The breakfast provided by the hotel is also satisfying. Hotel staff is friendly & helpful.
I booked for 1 night at the pool access room & downgrade to 2 nights at the pool view deluxe room. To my delight, the hotel staff allowed me to stay in the pool access room for my whole stay in their hotel. Their courtesy is much appreciated! I will consider staying in this hotel again. I just hope they will provide Spa Service in the near future. This will definitely be an added advantage to them.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Tropical Resort, Phuket
- a hotel really worth the money - there is a footpath by a drain to kata beach,about 5 min wa
- big room and very perfume -
- Big room style - Good location and style good value of this price convenient
- Fine hotel - Free shuttle bus to Patong, though we didn't take. Fantistic
- Good hotel and location. - Close to Kata Beach. Hotel staff were not very friendly apar
- Good hotel - When i arrived at this hotel, you can spot it easily by its
- good - good service，and the staff is very warm-hearted.
The pool i
- Great Hotel in a nice part of Kata Beach - We stayed at the Tropical Resort for one night. It was a gr
- Great location and good service - I really suggest this hotel. It has very good location and n
- Great location but small rooms - the room is very spacious, clean. my family and i like the r
- Great Location. Nice Rooms. Good Service - Nice room design. The hotel fulfiled completely all what was
- Great value and superb service. - if you would like to stay in kata.tropical would be a great
- Lovely hotel best pool ever - Wonderful hotel with really lovly staff. The rooms are huge
- lovely hotel great location - enjoyed my stay in kata but very quite in the evening. good
- Lovely Place - Me and my girlfriend stayed at Tropical Resort for to relax
- New Favorite - Loved it. Very nice welcome. Room is very comfortable. In
- Nice but not great - I have stayed at this hotel a few times and although overall
- nice hotel with big rooms - I stayed there for a week, nothing to complain about.
- Nice hotel - This hotel was good for the beach which was a short stole to
- Overall good - The location is good, 5mins walk to Kata beach and restauran
- Russia by the sea - If you're russian, this hotel is for you!
Lovely rooms, ve
- Same place, different experience - The hotel have dropped in standards, maintenance and up-keep
- Tropical Resort - Good Location, quite and very near to the beach and restaura
- very comfortable -