Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (541)
April 29, 2010
Tropical Resort - Kata Beach experience
- close to Kata Beach
- quiet place, ideal for honeymooners
- neat rooms, nice interiors
- friendly staff
The hotel is very ideal for honeymooners. The atmosphere is calm & relaxing. I like the room. Its neat, pleasant & bright. The breakfast provided by the hotel is also satisfying. Hotel staff is friendly & helpful.
I booked for 1 night at the pool access room & downgrade to 2 nights at the pool view deluxe room. To my delight, the hotel staff allowed me to stay in the pool access room for my whole stay in their hotel. Their courtesy is much appreciated! I will consider staying in this hotel again. I just hope they will provide Spa Service in the near future. This will definitely be an added advantage to them.
April 24, 2010
nice lap pool, good location
The location is good, 5mins walk to Kata beach and restaurants. Good size lap pool and balcony. The bed is quite comfortable, nice bath tub. But lots of ants and bad quality of the fittings. The ground floor with direct access to pool is cool but unfortunately we stayed at 2nd floor. Overall is still ok.
The two chefs restaurant, lobster is good.
April 19, 2010
Tropcial resort at Kata beach
Rooms are nice and clean with big shower and bath.
Bed was ok.
Pool area is very nice with a bar.
The Tropical resort on Kata beach is a pretty nice hotel located about 15 minutes from Kata beach.
Kata beach is very family orientated and slow so don't plan to stay longer than two days if you're a few guys travelling, you will grow bored.
The Reggae bar at Kata beach is a nice laidback bar to spend an evening at.
April 17, 2010
Topical Resort Phuket: Review
I stayed in the Tropical Resort Hotel over the Sonkran Holliday. It was quite busy. I requested a mid-floor room and was given a ground floor room - possibly because it was busy. On the positive side, the staff was helpfull and friendly. On the negative side, I felt that, having payed my money, I was placed and dealt with at the hotels convenience. My room was tucked away in the bck next to the combined exercise-internet room. At the Sonkran Dinner that you were obliged to pay for (possibly a good thing since nothing else was open that day), I was assigned a table in a remote corner next to a fan. I could have complained, but I didn't come to complain and argue.
The rooms were kept clean and the costs were reasonable. I rate the Tropical Resort as a standard 3 star. I wouldn't call it excellent value for money, but it's reasonable and one could do a lot worse.
April 10, 2010
- liked the staff who were very friendly and obliging
- liked the cleanliness of the room itself and the hotel in general
- liked the location of the hotel and the convenience of a short walk to the beach, restaurants, shops
- liked the breakfast buffet and great coffee
i think the tropical resort is a good, clean, comfortable hotel - i haven't found a hotel that measures up to it in its price range - the staff are friendly and willing to help make the stay of their guests satisfactory. i would recommend the hotel to others. also, it's my belief the rating for the hotel should be a four star.
April 09, 2010
Tropical Resort, Kata Beach, Phuket
The stay at Tropical Resort was fantastic. Check-in and out was smooth with very little problems. The hotel is very well equipped with lifts and bellboy trolleys making moving big luggage bags effortless. The bathroom equipped with a monsoon shower, bathtub and huge wash basin was very impressive for a standard room. The spacious balcony is also one of my personal favorites as most hotel rooms don't have a usable balcony space. There is a lot of landscaping in the resort compound hence resulting in a lot of mosquitos entering the room when the balcony or doors is opened. Some mosquito repellent will be good alongside with pest control.
There are many convenience stores on the same road and all is within 2 minutes walking distance. The minibar prices should be competitive and I won't bother buying my snacks and drinks from the convenience stores. To me, high minibar charges is only acceptable if the resort is remote away from any shopping facilities.
April 06, 2010
Nice swimming pool
Fabulous rooms with balcony
The hotel rooms are fabulous, each with a balcony and a bathroom worthy of another star rating! The location is good (between Kata and Karon) and the facilities in the locality make up for the lack of facilities in the hotel. The best feature is that this hotel does not attract families with young children, which allows access to the pool for the rest if us!
April 01, 2010
Just one night
Standard of the rooms
The hotel has all traveller could want when time is not going to be spent onsite. The rooms are great and the pool is lovely for a couple of hours. The staff were helpful when approached. The hotel is on the main road between Kata and Karon which means good access for 'shopping' but not so good for families looking for an all inclusive resort style stay.
United States of America,
March 31, 2010
modern and spacious
deluxe room with patio onto the pool, big bathtub with stand alone shower room, spacious and well-appointed
just a few minutes walk to kata beach, the hotel was a perfect location for grown-ups. so glad i was here and not near patong, where the night life is loud and raucous. spend a couple extra bucks and get the deluxe room which has a patio that leads right into the well-maintained and lovely pool. room itself was really spacious with modern amenities like flat screen tv and dvd player, coffee maker and fridge.
forget about food on phuket. it's for the buffet set or the big spender.
Families with older children
March 29, 2010
Loved the room. Had a pool access room. Staff very friendly.
Loved our pool access room. Would have been better if pool was open from 9 a.m to have a swim when we got up but it was no big hardship. Staff very friendly and helpful. More sunbeds needed as there were the inevitable towels put on them and no-one using them. My son did actually move a couple of them off and still no-one came to them.
If you want the best nightlife Patong is the place. Went to a bar called Margharitas which had two live bands on each night. All of us enjoyed it. Two of us in our fifties and two in their thirties.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Tropical Resort, Phuket
- As the lady said "Go elsewhere" - landing at 1.30am
learning that internet is 3 dollars/ hour
- Awesome hotel - After staying in a basic bungalow for 4 days this place was
- Beautiful hotel with classy rooms - This hotel is multistory on the main street in Kata. It is o
- Fabulous! - We had a WONDERFUL stay. Our room was beautiful, well laid o
- Fantastic hotel and great location - The hotel is quite and relaxing its nice for couples. The ro
- Great hotel and excellent breakfast for Phuket - this hotel is really great because it offers everything that
- Great hotel!!! - We did the booking shortly before arriving at the hotel, the
- Great Location - Hotel should not be new, but in general is good.
- large room, best bed and AC but room not clean - Hotel has great pool, big terrace but we had little insect i
- Location good but staff rude and arrogant - this could be a good 3 star hotel as it has a nice pool. How
- Lovely hotel - Very friendly staff (but were lacking in good english) and r
- modern clean beautiful hotel - I stayed there in september for 3 nights. We got a very good
- nice place - This hotel is a very good deal, it was well worth it. The ro
- Nice staff, fantástics rooms - Very nice and confortable. Staff is really nice and helpfull
- Nice Swanky Rooms, with ultra modern bathrooms - This was an incredible hotel room in a great location. It is
- Perfect Location - The poolside rooms were excellent. You could literally jump
- Relaxing-Close to shops, cafe's and beach - Really lovely, this is the second time we have stayed at the
- Serviceable Hotel - Stayed two nights. Big room and bathroom. Bathroom walls not
- the hotel room amazing ...service could be better - very nice stay, the room is just lovely and huuuuge, very cl
- Tropical Resort - Kata Beach experience - The hotel is very ideal for honeymooners. The atmosphere is
- Tropical Resort Phuket - We loved the hotel on first sight. The staff were all very f
- Tropical resort - The tropical resort has a fabulous long and large pool, very
- Very Nice Hotel Good Location - Overall we really liked this hotel. The rooms are spacious,
- Very Nice place to stay. Good size room. - very nice place to stay. clean large rooms. quiet location b