Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1061)
February 19, 2013
what is a resortel?
near the beach and gay area / great shower / good breakfast / good rooftop pool
What is a resortel? I know a resort and I know a hotel but I think Agoda neeeds to explain this new word.
When booking I saw resort and imagined something similar to the resort I stayed in at River Kwai - gardens with a pool.
In fact we could not find the resortel in Phuket as we were looking for just that - a garden! In fact White Sands is a hotel with a rooftop pool - thats it! Located on a main road hidden behind a massage parlour and near the beach - good - and gay area - good again. But it should say it is a hotel!
Hotel Feature Tip:
beware this new word resortel
February 19, 2013
Decent Hotel, very Close to The Beach
We spent two nights at this hotel. Good location, close to the Beach and just à block away from shopping and nightclubs.
United States of America,
February 19, 2013
Great hotel with an amazing location
Service, location, comfort
This hotel was in an amazing location in Patong. We only had about a 5 minute walk to the amazing ocean. There were tons of great restuarants in the area as well. It was right in the heart of the busy part of Patong. Exactly where we wanted to be and exactly where you will want to be as well.
The Fantasea is a must see attraction that is located just a little north of Patong. It is an amazing experience that you cannot afford to miss.
February 18, 2013
Old hotel with old interior decoration.
Internet needed constant re-logon and was veeery slow.
Will never go back to that place.Will never go back to that place.
Will never go back to that place.
Families with older children
February 15, 2013
best location,friendly reception staff.facilities of the room is perfect,swimming pool was small.breakfast very simple.if just for stay,it was a good choice for your stay.
February 13, 2013
The best thing about this hotel is the location, otherwise everything else is pretty bad. There is a construction going on behind the hotel just a few meters away from your balcony. Every morning starting from 8-9 it's pretty much impossible to sleep. The rooms are OK, but for the price you pay you can get much better around town
February 08, 2013
Small hôtel good location
Very good location. And them upgrade ur room even we only booked one night.
Service is good. Breakfast simple but worth the price. The only problem is a bulding behind is under construction, noisy in the day time, it's fine for the people not stay in the room in day time. Anyway, with this price in Phuket is very nice.
February 03, 2013
Clean room, secluded and near the beach
clean, comfortable, no hassle
the lobby is nothing to shout about but the reception counter was very helpful during check-in. no hassle.
the room is clean and all the basic necessities are provided, i.e. electric kettle, glass, cup & saucer, coffee, tea and sugar sachets, toiletteries. had some problem with unlocking the room due to its key.
there's construction in progress at the next building so no nice view at the balcony for you. we were out during daytime so didn't hear any noise. it was all quiet when we get back.
this was my first time staying and i don't mind staying here at the next visit.
there's massage parlours next to the hotel, there's a tour package booth at the entrance, convenience store at the corner. all at walking distance.
Families with young children
January 29, 2013
Stinking Rooms, Rude Staff, Careless Attitude..
Except for Beach proximity, everything else sucks
Shoddy treatment given to us at the White Sand Resortel in Phuket during our stay on 26th Jan 2013 & 27th Jan 2013..
Condition of room 206 was very pathetic..The room air conditioner was leaking full night..The bathroom drainage below the shower was stinking very strong & had very foul smell..
In spite of complaining many times to the housekeeping & the reception by me & my wife, the hotel staff did not rectify the problem ( the air con leakage was fixed but the bathroom stench was not bearable & was not fixed ..) We had requested them to exchange our rooms but the hotel staff at the reservation counter simply refused to listen and spoke in a very harsh tone to my wife about non-availability of any free rooms and refused to do anything.. We had called the house keeping staff to inspect. He inspected and acknowledged the bad stink but did not return to rectify..and we were kept waiting for more than an hour but nothing happened.When we requested the reservation to exchange our rooms, they refused to exchange by saying all rooms are full whereas we could see lot of guests vacating & we could have been allotted any of the other rooms..When we requested the reservation to allow us to talk to the manager, we were told that manager does not sit in Phuket & stays in Bangkok and cannot be contacted and refused to share manager details..When we requested the reservation to provide a complaint book, we were told that they don't have any such book..When we requested the reservation to provide a complaint book, we were told that they don't have any such book..We had no option but to cancel our booking at the hotel and check out on 27th Jan 2013 evening after wasting our full day assuming that the reservation would help to rectify our complaints. Since we were staying as a family we checked out from the hotel for both rooms & had to book another set of rooms in a nearby hotel for 2 days at additional expense..
No settlement bill provided during checkout.
Hotel Feature Tip:
AVOID THIS HOTEL !!!!
January 28, 2013
My friends and i have the same first impression about the hotel, which is 'not impressive'. The signage was pretty small, thus making it difficult for a local cab driver to bring us to the hotel. Upon check in, we were told that the rooms does not have hair dryers, so we managed to get them at the reception but they were those tiny portable ones that explodes after using it for too long. When we checked in one of the room was dark because 2 of the lights were not working and we also found two cockroaches (tiny ones) roaming in the bathroom. Later, we found out that the air cond can get really cold at night and it could dispense ice the next morning! Lol.
We feel that the rooms were decent (huge space, bed and hot showers) but facilities and service can be improved. On a positive note, the swimming pool was a decent hangout and the location is great, near the beach and everything else.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - White Sand Resortel, Phuket
- A very beautiful resort, cosy & comfortable - We have a very romantic stay at metadee. The whole layout in
- Affordable - Food is better if you but from the street ventdors. Althoug
- bad hotel - such a cheap hotel，
- Basic hotel, friendly with great location - basic hotel with very helpful and friendly staff. Rooms were
- Best location but inexpensive. - THis is my second stay in White Sand & I am quite satisfied.
- big rooms - it's near to the beach ,not too far to the shopping mall.
- cleanly by nature. - From our opinion, your employees have service mind that we a
- Convenience location - The location of the hotel is just nice. Just a few minutes w
- Dirty, smelly just the pits - do not book!!!!! unless you like cold showers, dirty rooms,
- Disappointed Hotel - Disappointed. once i reach the hotel i feel like stepping ou
- Easy location - Happy to hold luggage for extra days when travelling off on
- Feedback -
- Good and convenient location but average hotel - location wise hotel is very convenient but cleanliness is no
- Good location hotel - Room condition for the sea view side is somewhat old. Cleann
- Good location, but noisy - staff were helpful with a number of problems, including faul
- Good location - Good location, only 5 minuted to patong beach. cheap price.
- Good value hotel near the beach - We liked the location being near the beach and within a shor
- Good - I went "White sand resortel" at February, 2010.
The hotel wa
- Great budget hotel with free wifi in rooms - We really enjoyed our stay at white sand. Great for your bu
- Great hotel, great service - We stayed here for 5 days and every day was a nice memory. T
- Great little hotel, close to everything! - This is my second stay at white sand, soon to be third. Firs
- Great Location - a little old. - A little difficult to find, friendly staff that were more th
- Great location and near bech - Nice and simple..important is near shopping area and beach
- Great location and wonderful service. - Everything great, wonderful experience and I will come back
- great location but bad hotel, not clean - The hotel needs a renovation.
- Great location but bad room condition - Hotel small and less maintenance. Hotel lobby is very hot be
- Great location but dingy unkempt halls - Location was so good but once one got past the lobby the hal
- Great location but hotel quite run down - Location is very good, 1 min away from the beach n about 10
- Great location but middle range room - Huge room but poor breakfast set up.just worth to stay but n
- Great location but small and smelly room - Spent just one night there as other hotels were fully booked
- Great Location,Great Room - great location but a bit noisy.will consider for my next tri
- great location - nice to stay, very near to beach, bars across the street is
- Great Location - this was a easy hotel for us because we were only staying on
- Great rooms , perfect location - Stayed here for 5 nights , very comfortable clean rooms , pe
- It was just ok - when we first got there the sheets had some red stains on th
- its good and located in central - airy, cool, spacious bedroom, beautiful outlook
- Just an "enough" hotel - near to the walking street and only 10 min to the patong bea
- Just another ordinary hotel . - My room did not have a safety key latch until I notified the
- Large Rooms but Poor amenities and old design - Only plus point was room was large with 2 aircons,hotpot, so
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - It was 3 days only but every thing was good and all the staf
- Lovely hotel - hotel has great location (close to beach and clubs), hotel l
- Nice hotel with lovely staff. - Loved the hotel, doesn't look like anything from the outside
- Not bad after a few hours. - The hotel is sandwiched between two massage parlors. It's ea
- OK - not a bad experience - Your expereince here depends entirely on your expectations.
- OK hotel, but I won't go back again - The hotel is quite "elusive" as the ground floor is totally
- ok location, rooms very small, towels were torn - only stayed in this hotel for 1 hour as it was not suitable
- Songkran at whitesands - We checked in at around 11 pm as our flight was delayed. We
- Staff friendly room size good enough -
- Superb location, Average service - Great location; 100 metres from the beach. Spacious, nice, c
- wearside - Location was great short walk to patong beach and about 10mi
- What a dump, great photoshopping - This is one place I wouldn't recommend,the light in the pool
- what is a resortel? - What is a resortel? I know a resort and I know a hotel but I
- White Sand Resortel Samui - We found the hotel by accident last year after having to mov
- White Sand Resortel, Phuket, Thailand -
- White Sand Resortel, -
- White Sand Resortel -
- White Sand Resortel -
- White Sand Resortel - 2 min walk to beach,and good eating places,no free internet
- White Sand Resortel - The hotel was near the main city area of patong..but thats t
- White Sand Resortel - White Sand Resortel is a great place to stay in Patong. Only
- white sand - we arrived to the hotel only to discover a mess. we made the
- White Sands Resortel - I wouldn't return to this hotel even though they agreed to c
- white sands - The room that you think you are getting is not when you arri
- Worthy for money - the hotel facade may look a bit run down but the internal of