Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1061)
January 26, 2010
OK - not a bad experience
Location, location, location. Also the staff were very good, charming, helpful, especially the ladies in the restaurant, who organised sausages and eggs for us every day. The room was large, with sliding doors between a sitting room and the sleeping area. This is a standard room, too, not a suite.
Your expereince here depends entirely on your expectations. We had read the mixed reviews and weren't expecting much. In that sense we were pleasantly surprised. It's a rickety old hotel with an entrance sandwiched between two massage salons. Once you get inside though it is not bad at all, for the money. Don't expect Marriot quality or service, but the staff were great, the location is good. Right across from a lovely beach area, adjacent to shops, towards the north side of Patong. Our room was quite spacious but plain with old brown furniture, but a nice feature was the engraved glass sliding doors separating sitting room and bedroom. The balcony was disappointing, very narrow and with filthy plastic chairs (from all the traffic below). The room has a few glitches but none of them show-stoppers. I doubt if we would go back there again, because there are simply too many choices in Phuket, and unless something is really special we like to experiment. Overall, if you don't expect too much, just somewhere reasonable to sleep, it is fine.
If you are here for more than 3 days, rent a car or bike. The beach is great, but it is nice to explore the island. It is safe and easy to drive around.
January 23, 2010
NOT SO GOOD
GOOD LOCATION. VERY NEAR WITH BEACH.
ROOM VERY BIG.
HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY IN PHUKET, THE HOTEL HAVE A GOOD LOCATION, BUT NOT NEAR THE FOOD CENTER.AND THE HOTEL ROOM IS VERY BIG, BUT NOT VERY CLEAN.
THIS HOTEL NEAR THE MAIN ROAD, SO AT NIGHT BEFORE
2AM, THERE ARE VERY NOISE. BREAKFAST IN THIS HOTEL WAS NO BAD AND VERY CHEAP. LAST, THE Bedclothes OF THIS HOTEL WAS AUGEAN STABLE AND NOT CHANGE BY EVERY DAY. SO I AM UNHAPPY WITH THIS.
January 23, 2010
location and swimming pool
The room we got was good enough, however the bathroom was smelly. We complained and ask for a change, but the only thing they could do was spreading some spray. Next day we request a cancellation of the next 3 nights, because we could not stand with that smell of the bathroom. The manager of the hotel accepted the cancellation and the money of the other 3 nights was refund. Considering the foregoing, although our stay in the hotel was not pleasant, we are satisfied.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Patong beach is great however the town is dirty and smelly. Kamala, Karon and Kata could be a good alternative to stay in Phuket
United States of America,
January 23, 2010
the pictures that are posted on agoda must be from a different hotel, the hotel i went to had motor bikes parked all through the entry way there must have been a sewer leak out front to because it smelt like sewage, when we got the the room it was about 15-20 years out of style with the decoration the room had a musty smell and the ceiling above the shower had HUGE amounts of mold on it.. we had had a long day in bangkok and didn't get to the hotel until 11pm and the first thing my girlfriend said was "we're not going to stay here tonight are we" so since the "wireless internet" they had advertised was "no wireless signal found" we called agoda and told them to get us the hell out of there.. they did and we were happy.. my experience at this hotel makes me not want to visit patong beach next time i'm in puket
January 20, 2010
location close to shopping and the beach
location close to shopping and the beach but old rooms, not very clean, abit on the expensive side, i would not stay here again
January 18, 2010
Generally, i had a great time staying at White Sands Resortel. The staffs are friendly, and the location is really great. Just 5 minutes walk to the beach, and about 15 minutes walk to Bangla Road. Most important, it is cheap if compare to other hotel nearby. The breakfast is okay, and the room is also clean. I think the staffs here are decent. becuase i purposely put some money on the table and tested if they room cleaning service ppl will take it. but they didnt! hehe!
January 17, 2010
its all you need in phuket
close to the main part of patong beach
great upstairs pool if you want to avoid the beach or big groups of people on the beach
we thought the place was very basic but that's all you need in phuket its a beach and well if you want luxury you pay for it!
the airport bus found the place fine so no worries there!
the close shops, bars and 10 minute walk to bangla street was good. we could walk out on the main street via the side of a restaurant which was handy at times so you didn't have to come through the fromt of the resort.
we were in a room above an irish pub so if you love covers bands go for it!
there is a pub which is a long boat across the road towards the beach. they are friendly but also if you sit right in the middle you will have a tailor, massage and tour info at your finger tips!
Families with older children
January 16, 2010
White Sands Resortel - near Kata Beach in Phuket
Price was good. Small pool was useful
Staff were friendly but English was difficult times (like many locations in Phuket). Cheaper than those closer to the beach. A daily bike from the place next door will see you at Kata beach in a few minutes and save the back and forward walk. Relatively clean, but could use a dose of bleach from time to time to keep the mould away. Small rooftop pool was useful. Good size room and balcony – which could use a place to hang wet items, as opposed to the chairs etc. Hardest bed of the trip – good for some but not me. No twin bed option. Breakfast starts at 0800hrs – too late for an early start but the place next door has an earlier breakfast option and was good. Arranged transfer did not turn up – luckily we were able to make our own arrangements with others who initially did not know the hotel but found it - eventually.
Get a bike early and save the hike to the beach in the heat. Snorkelling at the southern end of Kata Beach - out about 100 meters near the rocks is surprisingly good.
January 15, 2010
White Sand Resortel
Location location location
the hotel is rather old and in need of some minor refurbishing. However, it is pretty decent for the price. still above back-packing standards. the location is wonderful. less than 5mins walk to patong beach and 10mins from the happening Bangla road. Rarely need to ride on tuktuks as you can walk to everything you need.
There is a really nice massage and spa 5mins away from white sand resortel called Souvana. very professional and relaxing place unlike the many massage parlors scattered around Patong. For the same price.
January 15, 2010
Location was central and staff were friendly.
The rooms were musty and there was mould in the shower and on some of the walls. The bed was lumpy and increadibly uncomfortable! The photo's make it look far more attractive than it actually is.
The staff were very friendly though and made us feel welcome. It was also across from the beach and near to the clubs. Overal it was dissapointing for the high season price.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - White Sand Resortel, Phuket
- A very beautiful resort, cosy & comfortable - We have a very romantic stay at metadee. The whole layout in
- Affordable - Food is better if you but from the street ventdors. Althoug
- bad hotel - such a cheap hotel，
- Basic hotel, friendly with great location - basic hotel with very helpful and friendly staff. Rooms were
- Best location but inexpensive. - THis is my second stay in White Sand & I am quite satisfied.
- big rooms - it's near to the beach ,not too far to the shopping mall.
- cleanly by nature. - From our opinion, your employees have service mind that we a
- Convenience location - The location of the hotel is just nice. Just a few minutes w
- Dirty, smelly just the pits - do not book!!!!! unless you like cold showers, dirty rooms,
- Disappointed Hotel - Disappointed. once i reach the hotel i feel like stepping ou
- Easy location - Happy to hold luggage for extra days when travelling off on
- Feedback -
- Good and convenient location but average hotel - location wise hotel is very convenient but cleanliness is no
- Good location hotel - Room condition for the sea view side is somewhat old. Cleann
- Good location, but noisy - staff were helpful with a number of problems, including faul
- Good location - Good location, only 5 minuted to patong beach. cheap price.
- Good value hotel near the beach - We liked the location being near the beach and within a shor
- Good - I went "White sand resortel" at February, 2010.
The hotel wa
- Great budget hotel with free wifi in rooms - We really enjoyed our stay at white sand. Great for your bu
- Great hotel, great service - We stayed here for 5 days and every day was a nice memory. T
- Great little hotel, close to everything! - This is my second stay at white sand, soon to be third. Firs
- Great Location - a little old. - A little difficult to find, friendly staff that were more th
- Great location and near bech - Nice and simple..important is near shopping area and beach
- Great location and wonderful service. - Everything great, wonderful experience and I will come back
- great location but bad hotel, not clean - The hotel needs a renovation.
- Great location but bad room condition - Hotel small and less maintenance. Hotel lobby is very hot be
- Great location but dingy unkempt halls - Location was so good but once one got past the lobby the hal
- Great location but hotel quite run down - Location is very good, 1 min away from the beach n about 10
- Great location but middle range room - Huge room but poor breakfast set up.just worth to stay but n
- Great location but small and smelly room - Spent just one night there as other hotels were fully booked
- Great Location,Great Room - great location but a bit noisy.will consider for my next tri
- great location - nice to stay, very near to beach, bars across the street is
- Great Location - this was a easy hotel for us because we were only staying on
- Great rooms , perfect location - Stayed here for 5 nights , very comfortable clean rooms , pe
- It was just ok - when we first got there the sheets had some red stains on th
- its good and located in central - airy, cool, spacious bedroom, beautiful outlook
- Just an "enough" hotel - near to the walking street and only 10 min to the patong bea
- Just another ordinary hotel . - My room did not have a safety key latch until I notified the
- Large Rooms but Poor amenities and old design - Only plus point was room was large with 2 aircons,hotpot, so
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - It was 3 days only but every thing was good and all the staf
- Lovely hotel - hotel has great location (close to beach and clubs), hotel l
- Nice hotel with lovely staff. - Loved the hotel, doesn't look like anything from the outside
- Not bad after a few hours. - The hotel is sandwiched between two massage parlors. It's ea
- OK - not a bad experience - Your expereince here depends entirely on your expectations.
- OK hotel, but I won't go back again - The hotel is quite "elusive" as the ground floor is totally
- ok location, rooms very small, towels were torn - only stayed in this hotel for 1 hour as it was not suitable
- Songkran at whitesands - We checked in at around 11 pm as our flight was delayed. We
- Staff friendly room size good enough -
- Superb location, Average service - Great location; 100 metres from the beach. Spacious, nice, c
- wearside - Location was great short walk to patong beach and about 10mi
- What a dump, great photoshopping - This is one place I wouldn't recommend,the light in the pool
- what is a resortel? - What is a resortel? I know a resort and I know a hotel but I
- White Sand Resortel Samui - We found the hotel by accident last year after having to mov
- White Sand Resortel, Phuket, Thailand -
- White Sand Resortel, -
- White Sand Resortel -
- White Sand Resortel -
- White Sand Resortel - 2 min walk to beach,and good eating places,no free internet
- White Sand Resortel - The hotel was near the main city area of patong..but thats t
- White Sand Resortel - White Sand Resortel is a great place to stay in Patong. Only
- white sand - we arrived to the hotel only to discover a mess. we made the
- White Sands Resortel - I wouldn't return to this hotel even though they agreed to c
- white sands - The room that you think you are getting is not when you arri
- Worthy for money - the hotel facade may look a bit run down but the internal of