Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (706)
March 19, 2012
If electricity and running water are considered important features that you would look for in a resort, then this hotel is not for you.
We booked 6 nights at Al's resort and we were very unimpressed. We were on the 3rd floor, and walking up the stairs every time you want to go to the room gets quite annoying.
We had a balcony and although we could see the ocean the main view was over old crappy roofs of the resort. At the end of the balcony there was this weird pond like hole that just had old stagnant water in it that smelt pretty bad.
We had to call each day to get new towels, shampoo, water or any of the basics items that are supposed to be supplied. When we arrived there was still a half drunk bottle of water in the fridge from the last guest.
The pool is a bit small and old and I saw very few people swimming in it, the area feels bare and empty as the hotel is ugly and has no atmostphere.
Finally on our forth night we returned to our rooms and there was no power or running water. It took about 4 calls and about an hour to get it fixed.
The next day we decided to check out and forfeit our last 2 nights accommodation because we wanted to enjoy our last few nights in a decent hotel. Even checking out was painful, we had to sit in the foyer for over 30mins while we waited for someone to check our minibar.
And this wasn't just our experience of the hotel as we were travelling with another couple staying a few rooms down from us and they had the exact same experience and their toilet got blocked up on the very first day.
If you want to enjoy your time in Samui don't stay at Al's Resort.
March 10, 2012
The stay was very poor, a room that was small and the air con was a mess. We had to turn off the air con as it was like listening to large industrial fan.
The worst part of the room was that the toilet and the shower were together in other words one could sit on the toilet seat and shower at the same time.
How is that for design.
Also when you walk out the shower you slip on small white pebbles, a real winner.
The morning reception lady is rude arrogant and only concerned about her meals, the cleaning staff and the evening crew are exceptional.
Not a pleasent stay.
The hotel is nothing like the images.
March 08, 2012
Disappointing resort and beach
the rooms was nice although the bed mattress was old and not very comfortable. the pool and resort in general was great. the breakfast buffet was good and the staff was friendly. however, the management staff wasn't friendly and didn't really care about our satisfaction and well being. they were more interested about our money than anything else. they even accused us of steeling chocolate bars (which we didn't) and asked us to pay for them (the room is overstuffed with all sort of food crap as there was not much storage left for clothes and stuffs). the beach was the most disappointing as it was heavily polluted by all kind of wastes such as cans/bottles (even broken beer bottle), plastic bags in the water, and many fishing debris. the water wasn't clear at all. the beaches on koh phangnan, such as haad yao or hadd salad are much better with crystal clear water and the beaches are cleaned by the resort's employees every morning. forget chaweng beach!
March 04, 2012
not nice receptionist, net always down
located right on beach near shops and restaurants and clubs, reception staff not helpful, no dvd player, internet was never working!!
February 29, 2012
All around, it was a good hotel, nice location and friendly staff
Families with older children
February 25, 2012
Central to shopping and good beach
Al's is a little tied and needs some upgrading of grounds especially around the eating area and pool. There is a section of new rooms which look fabulous although have no view and could possibly be hot.We stayed in the older section and rooms were very drab and garden non existent-but in saying that we had the best room in the hotel and best position with a huge balcony overlooking the beach and then only steps into the water. It had a living area which was also good for a family holiday.
I would definately stay there again not for the hotel but for that room only as there were no others like it on Koh Samui beach.
February 16, 2012
Superb have stayed a few times great location and very clean
February 15, 2012
supermarket outside hotel
hotel outside is a supermarket and street is lined up with stalls of food, massage and accessories. great location. rooms are not so clean and some things in the room are faulty.
tv is too small. needs more cleaning on the floor and room.
February 14, 2012
Nice hotel in a great location
Location is great - right on the beach and behind the main road running along Samui beach
the hotel rooms are quite spacious and clean. the hotel breakfast was great, overlooking the pool and beach. the beach is literally 1 minute away from the room which was great, and a supermarket is found behind the resort which is convenient. it is very close to all the great beach spots such as ark bar and many other restaurants. the main shopping strip is also right behind the resort. good resort in a great location.
February 13, 2012
Great Rooms, ok price, nice location!!
Great location, next to supermarket and main road where all the restaurants and shopping happen
didnt use the installations of the hotel too much as it was close tot he main road so i preferred spending time shopping and trying different restaurants, getting massages and drinking at all the good bars along the beach..close to ark bar, green mango sound bar etc...
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Al's Resort, Samui
- als resort syay - had a great time at als resort, good staff and were very hel
- Al's Resort -
- Al's Resort - We stayed in the Villa Deluxe room and it was very nice. One
- Best you can get - I was there with my friend and we had a very good time in th
- Central location, nice pools and ok service. - Quite old inventories...not fresh. Perfect though it is clos
- Comfortable,large rooms, great location. - We stayed at Al's resort for our first night in Thailand. It
- Decent Stay - Overall the stay was not to bad. It is a decent hotel in a d
- Don't stay here - If electricity and running water are considered important fe
- excellent location but not the nicest facilities - was a nice resort. breakfast was excellent!!
- Excellent Location - The resort is in the central of the Chewang Beach. There are
- Good hotel as always - I like this hotel specialy location is very convenient n the
- Good location under eceptable budget - The hotel is locate in the heart of Chawang Beach which have
- good location, helpful friendly staff. - The hotels main selling point was the location. It is right
- great hotel for budgrt travellers - Easy,comfortable,pleasant staff,nice break,close to everythi
- great hotel friendly staff - hotel adequate for the price. great quiet location. near all
- Great Hotel, great location, great price - We loved Al's resort. The courtyard rooms were lovely althou
- great hotel - clean and very beutifull room.near the beach ;quiet but near
- Great location but small rooms - The rooms were quite small, especially with an extra bed. Ho
- Great location on the beach - The location of the hotel was great although we had a little
- Great location thats close to everything you need - It is located in a very convenient place on chaweng beach ro
- Great location. Real value for money. - Fantastic experience. Pool & beach during day-time and resta
- Great location - I stayed at Al's Resort 2 years ago and it has been improved
- Great resort, right on the beach - We were travelling in a group of 7 girls and had 3 rooms at
- Hotel ok! Good location - Hotel was ok, location was good. Room is quite old. Was no t
- I will be back again - on the sea
all near the hotel
- location. location. location. - if you want a room right on the beach, ask for rooms they do
- Looked better than it was - We were not really happy with our stay there. Seems they did
- Lovely beach resort in the heart of Chaweng! - al's is a lovely resort in the heart of chaweng with direct
- Modern furnishing style and good swimming view - The hotel is decorated in modern but simple style; the swimm
- Nice Hotel With perfect location - the hotel is nice clean , thai style , good location near ch
- Nice location but terrible service and room - The actual resort was nice. Nice and close to main shops and
- Perfect location - on the beach. rooms are nice but getting into the need of ma
- Room was nice but noisy - Before making reservation, you'd better check when they fini
- Very nice resort - All in all I would definately go back and recommend this hot
- Very run down and tired - The room itself was very tired, the bathroom was vile and th
- worst resort ever on Chaweng - really disapointed on everything within this resort; really
- Would recommend! - had a great stay here in chaweng, really friendly staff.