Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (545)
March 23, 2012
Perfect hotel for relaxing
Nice, spacious rooms with great balcony and bathroom
The hotel is very well taken care of, rooms are spacious and clean and give you all comfort to have a relaxing holiday. The breakfast is a bit limited for such a nice hotel, but the pool bar has great cocktails and snacks for lunch. Staff is very friendly.
March 23, 2012
Lovely hotel right on the beach
Romantic, right on the beach, next to fishermans village
Nice hotel on the beach. Located at the end of fishermans village so close to numerous restaurants and a few local shops.
Hotel has its own scooter hire and the staff are more than happy to help you with any requests.
Beautiful rooms that are serviced few times a day.
No complaints about the hotel.
March 19, 2012
Great food, service, pool and beach
Large balconies facing the beach with day bed in each room
great place to stay for a break. an easy walk to fishermans beach and a large number of local foods.
the rooms are well appointed and comfortable. the only thing missing is fly screens and ceiling fans, so you could sleep with the air conditioning off.
March 18, 2012
Good location, nice people, but poor breakfast
the hotel is very easy to get to, just right across the koh samui go-cart.
first we were greated by the staff at check-in and later led us to our room, the room smells a bit musty at the time we went in, but after 10 mins or so it's all good, the lady asked us if we needed slippers and we said yes, but were never delivered to us.
we requested a higher floor room but unfortunately non were available at that time, tourists were everywhere on friday, but it get less on sat and sun. the breakfast is quite poor, with this kind of room rates i would expect at least some hot plates, not only bread, cheess, fruits and eggs. the hotel's meal selections is a downside too, they need to add more foods to their menu.
The Fisherman's Villege opens up as night market on every Friday night, which is just a 2-3 mins walk away along the beach, very good location. Heeps of restaurants could be found there. Another downside is the beach sand is very rough, kind of like shell debris.
March 17, 2012
Beautiful resort in an excellent location
Great location, simplistic design, fantastic rooms, chill out lounge, beautiful pool
it was the first time my husband and i had been to samui and we absolutely loved it. the hansar samui was in the perfect location, the staff were all really lovely, the rooms were great, the pool was great, it was excellent value for money and we just loved everything about the resort, we couldn't fault it.
we will definitely go back.
United States of America,
March 14, 2012
Perfect location for a relaxing vacation
great location, gorgeous facilities, friendly staff, great food
We stayed at the Hansar Samui for the second half of our Koh Samui vacation in early March 2012. We loved everything about our stay. In fact, the worst part was the fact that we didn't get chocolates at turn-down one night and that we received a letter addressed to "Mr. and Mr." instead of "Mr. and Mrs." Essentially, our stay was perfect.
Bo Phut was a great place and the Hansar has the perfect location, a very short walk along cobblestones to the heart of Fisherman's Village, which has great restaurants, cute boutiques, and a variety of other shops. One thing to note, however, is that the beach is not the best. We spent the first half of our vacation in Chaweng, which had very soft sand and perfectly clear water. The water in Bo Phut is not as clear (although it is deeper) and the sand is very coarse.
Breakfast was nice, with a large variety of food on the buffet as well as made-to-order western and Thai fare. We ate at H Bistro one night, with high expectations, and were not disappointed. The food was delicious and well worth the splurge. We also enjoyed the numerous happy hours offered by the hotel bar, although one downside is that you must order two of the same drink for the buy one get one free.
The infinity pool was gorgeous and both it and the beach were relaxing and comfortable. The room we had was beautiful and very large, with a huge walk-in shower. We really enjoyed the porch and spent many hours sitting there. We also appreciated the inclusion of umbrellas and a beach bag in every room. All in all, we would not hesitate to return and have been recommending this resort to everyone. The facilities are modern, beautiful, and fantastic. It is one of the best places we have ever stayed.
H Bistro at the Hansar is delicious and very high-end. We also enjoyed Starfish and Coffee (great views) and went to The Friendly Frog a number of times for inexpensive yet incredibly good thai food. The pancakes from the street vendors and shakes/drinks from people selling them in front of stores are all very good and very inexpensive.
March 12, 2012
Rooms, breakfast and pool area
We had a great stay at Hansar and would recommend to other travellers. Very comfortable rooms and a great overall experience.
March 10, 2012
stunning location, gorgeous room (we went the deluxe seaview xl)!!
right in the heart of the bustling fishermans village with loads of great massage places, spas and shops close by.
service was amazing and the relaxation and views around the pool area were really quite lovely!
the pool was huge with a perfect temperature (so nice and warm!) but the only con was that there was a little bit of slime on a few of the floor tiles?!
we hired a mo-ped and went around the whole of koh samui three times and did heaps of sightseeing -- was so much fun!! and a lot less scary as samui is significantly quieter compared to patong. there was no way in the world we were game enough to try driving there, but felt comfortable in samui -- although, watch out for the tourists in cars, they're the ones causing a lot of the mishaps & accidents (almost got hit by an old russian pulling out in the wrong direction!)
had such a lovely time. was very different from all the other places we stayed on our honeymoon as this was our only hotel-type accommodation. all the other places were villas so it was a nice change. to be honest, we loved melati better (see the review) and will definitely stay there next time for the romantic/secluded part of the trip! then hansar again for the close nightlife and restaurants and more central location.
with regards to the restaurant: go out and try out cafe 69 -- best food and best cocktails (ask for "judas' kiss" -- potent & delicious!) the restaurant at hansar was insanely expensive (the most expensive we came accross pretty much the whole trip!! only one couple was there once that we noticed in all the lunches & dinners during our stay, so that's saying something?
Go to Cafe 69 (see Vivian the owner -- absolutely fabulous!!) for dinner, we discovered it only on our last night (grrr!!) and wished we had checked it out earlier! Great prices and amazing food & cocktails!!!!
February 27, 2012
Lovely hotel with the pool being its highlight
Infinity pool, location - very close to fisherman's village for restaurants, friday market etc. Fantastic cocktails during happy hour at pool bar
My partner and I spent 1 week at this hotel resort recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed in a seaview room which was adequate for the two of us. We loved the large shower and the large king size bed, which was not only massive but very comfortable. It was great to also have a verandah to sit on while reading a book on the day bed rather than be inside our room. The highlight was the fantastic large salt water pool which was directly opposite the beach. Happy hour at the bar 3 times a day, great breakfasts, adequate gym, free wireless internet, close to fishermans village what more can I say? The only down sides if we had to be picky was no fresh fruit in our room (apart from the first day) and rather thin looking bathroom towels (one had a hole in it). But hey, overall a great hotel and highly recommended.
February 22, 2012
check-in was a breeze and service staff were very friendly and helpful. we had a sea view xl room, located at the highest floor in the resort. the room and extended balcony is very spacious. nice design and comfortable bed. the spa in hansar is great with very nice relaxing ambience. the downside for hansar is that it only has one restaurant. however this is compensated with its proximity to the fisherman village. the restaurants in fisherman village are fantastic. with each having different characters and ambience, we are spoilt for choice. on our final night in hansar, we have decided to just dine in h bistro in hansar. we had the special set menu that night and had one of the best meal for the whole trip. every single dish was prepared with perfection in its taste and sight. we really enjoyed the whole experience. well done. for travellers looking for a relaxing resort, i would highly recommend hansar. do note that sea view xl room is more suitable for couple as the bath tub sit in the room itself and there is no door to the shower too.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Hansar Samui Resort, Samui
- all good - very clean..good view..good service..good rooms
i love alot
- Amazing Hotel couldn,t fault this property. - This is a lovely place for a complete rest as not a lot to d
- Amazing: Hansar Samui Resort in Ko Samui - I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Ko Samui. T
- Beatifully built lovely hotel, Great location. - Stayed here for honeymoon & would not hesitate to return. B
- beautiful hotel , the staff is very very friendly - great location the fisherman village is nice and much more q
- Beautiful Hotel But Cold - we spent 2 nights at this hotel.hotel is beautiful but cold.
- Beautiful hotel with great service - It was a great place for a family with older children, as th
- Best design and breakfast - i arrived late at night. staff are very friendly. hotel deco
- best hotel for honey moon and relax - this is the best hotel that we ever stay in koh samui. the l
- Best location in Bo phut - Pros:
1. Modern décor hotel with nice room + balcony with b
- Clean and new - Room and other facilities are clean and well-designed.
- Excellent hotel, very child friendly - One of the best hotels we have stayed at for a family with s
- excellent hotel - well trained staff with English speaking and warm heart of A
- Excellent - Best hotel we've stayed in in Samui. We've been back 3 times
- Fantastic location, the friendliest staff - One of the few hotels, where the actual place is just the sa
- Fantastic Stay -
- Good service with reasonable price - The hotel belongs to mid-high range price, and the service i
- Great hotel, prefect service - we were a bit unlucky with the weather, however, the great c
- Great relaxed hotel - It was a perfect stay - whether in suite or in Sea View room
- Great view, excellent staff, close to shops. - A great resort! Loved the view, the pool was large and loads
- Hansar Samui Resort -
- hotel stay - lovely rooms, but needed chair not stool in room, power cuts
- Nice hotel but not suitable for families with kids - I would recommend this hotel for the couples without kids.
- No complaints here! - Amazing views, modern rooms, friendly staff, even got a rose
- Perfect hotel for relaxing - The hotel is very well taken care of, rooms are spacious and
- quite hotel with beach - it's a new hotel near fisherman's village where you can find
- Really good hotel in the right position for you. - We are two friends that went on holiday we were really pleae
- Relaxing and great spa - It was our yearly mother/daughter trip and the Hansar did ot
- Samui hotel with a difference - Excellent room with balcony over-looking pool and beach but
- The hotel is great.near beach - We have a bit of diffucult finding the hotel. we have to cir
- Unbelievable - The Hansar Samui is amazing. If you get the opportunity to t
- Very nice hotel with full seaviews - we stayed in a sea view room which was very comfortable, no
- Very nice hotel - Since I didn't arrange any plans for visiting Ko Samui, a fr
- Very relaxing week, could ot fault anythng - Excellent, 7 day of total relaxation. Great food, service a
- Wonderful hotel, beautiful beach front location - This hotel is located in one of the coolest places in Koh Sa
- Wonderful hotel - Great room but with an odd smell in the room.
The hotel is