Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Hoan Kiem District - Old Quarter
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (499)
January 09, 2010
Friendly staff who were very willing to assist made my trip to Hanoi more enjoyable and less stressful. Hotel is situated in the Old Town district and is close to many attractions. Room was clean and well maintained.
Overall I enjoyed staying at this hotel as the staff went out of their way to be helpful with the many inquiries that I had. The room I had was great except that it was very small and had no window. The hotel provides two computers with internet connection and printer free of charge. Hotel also has a small dining area.
January 04, 2010
great location and caring staff
it is right in the middle of the french quarter but in a narrow alley so it is quiet; free wifi and good sized room that is very clean; lift !!!
the hotel gives more service than it charges; check in is fast and simple; the best is the staff who is subtle and always ready to help; for a small hotel, they have two lifts and the rooms are surprisingly large and has all the necessary amenities.
breakfast is simple but served with a smile.
booked a taxi to the airport from the hotel and the staff helped us get on at the main street to send us off to the airport.
a short walk from the hotel near the cathedral are quaint cafes where you can cap the day by the balcony al fresco. either for dinner or a drink, it is lovely. my favorite is the french boulangerie. for shopping, the quality of vietnam made north face and kipling products are really good. the ones sold at the north face shops overseas in asia are from here as well but the price is 5 times. road tested them in my last expedition and they do last
January 03, 2010
Location near central city, and within walking distance
Located at a very narrow road so cars/ taxis can't go through
Room is quite ok
Overall the service was not satisfactory.
January 02, 2010
Charming Hotel - A real charm
1. Location: Located at the heart of Old Quarter makes it very convenient for you to walk around: just 5 mins to Central Church; 7 mins to Guom Lake; all other eating and shopping streets are in walking distance.
2. Service: I'm really surprised with their service. It's amazing. Our flight delayed and we arrived the hotel quite late. We just had very quick cleaning before went out for dinner. When we came back, we realized that the shower was leaked and we could not have warm water. Wanted to call them but the phone wire was broken T_T. we were so tired, then just went to bed. Early next morning I told them about the problem and went out for walking. 3 hours later, everything was perfectly fixed. Really amazing!
We stayed at Charming Hotel for nearly a week. We only experienced really nice and pleasant things from the location to the friendliness of staff there. Nothing to complaint about. We really had an amazing week there: full day of walking around, shopping, eating Hanoi specialties, meeting friends… We will definitely come back there for our next trip in HN. Thanks a lot, Charming Hotel!
You can go to some shops in Hang Non, Hang Cot, Hang Manh for really good stuff ;)
December 25, 2009
Charming Hotel Hanoi
Excellent staff, clean, good atmosfere and social life, good location, availible all extra services
Very helpful and sociable staff, for christmas they organizided a big party for everyone in hotel for free and hanged out with ous. They helped a lot with halong bay tour and all other extra services. Serve excelent brekfast (vietnamese and european)
Hotel Feature Tip:
December 25, 2009
While many hotels boast being in the old section this tiny hotel has the added benefit of being in a very quiet alley with only bike access (no cars) and seems to get only local traffic. We had a room classified as a suite that by western standards would only be a basic standard room in size. Having said that the bed, bathroom and general condition was good but no dancing in the bathroom! Breakfast was simple but sufficient as we are happy with Pho (beef or chicken) or eggs. The staff were very helpful and attentive and English level enough for most communication(s). Can't say enough about the location. If you want a microcosm of Ha Noi go no further - the street has everything from laundry to local food; walk 20 meters either direction and in to the maelstrom and there is Ha Noi passing by on cycles of all descriptions. Taxis (the small ones) we found best value with VND30,000 getting you most places (about US$1.60). For thrills get a Honda Motorbike and ride pillion for VND20,000 - much more exciting than a fun park ride!! Walking is really the way to go though, with The Lake, Market and most other things within 10-20 minutes easy stroll. Street food is good and cheap.
Check out your own street and immediate surrounds and you needs go no further.
United States of America,
December 18, 2009
Best Hotel I Have Visited of 6 in Vietnam
Clean, comfortable, and elevator, and the nicest, most helpful staff. Breakfast really nice (choice of continental, American or Vietnamese). Staff and manager speak very good English (I didn't try their French) and know how to run the hotel to European standards.
Even though the neighborhood looks a little seedy, this hotel is really nice and I would send anyone there. It is the first place I stayed in Vietnam so I didn't know how nice it was until I had something to compare. But it was a great value and by far the best I found in Vietnam.
December 18, 2009
Cozy and friendly but not for us.
The staff were very lovely and helpful. After deciding to change hotels the staff arranged a refund for one of the two nights we did not stay. It is fairly well located and off the main road so it's not too loud. Air con.
Although the hotel was cozy and staff were very helpful, we were looking for something a little newer with a few more mod cons. We only stayed for one of the three nights we paid for and the staff were kind enough to refund one of the nights. For the price it's not too bad but, if you're looking for somewhere modern I'd pay a little bit more and try somewhere else. If you're looking for backpacker style accommodation then this would probably suit.
Try the chocolate buffet at the Sofitel Metripole between 3 and 5pm. It's about 30 USD per person but the experience is worth the money.
December 17, 2009
Good Hotel - but take some precautions!
Free Flow Food
Free Internet Access (lobby only)
Hotel staff were very friendly - it was not so much of a hotel then a motel of sorts, for they would greet good morning and stuff like that!
Meals and drinks are free - so don't worry about asking for 2nd servings for breakfast and all! Their English isn't too good though, so you'll have to be careful.
Location is not too bad, they have a store selling shampoo and stuff right opposite and convenience stores located nearby.
Two Internet computers are provided at the lobby of the hotel, but as per Vietnam rules they don't allow social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter.
That being said, it was pretty annoying when I had booked two suite rooms, but only arrived to be informed that another hotel guest's wife was sick and he had to use my suite room. They could have moved them to another room. That being said, I was reimbursed about half a night's stay worth so it wasn't too bad.
Rooms are as what you pay for. Little space to put needed stuff.
All in all, a pleasant place to stay if you don't mind cramped conditions and are on a tight budget!
It is vital to book straight with Sinh Cafe (that's a tour agency) rather than with hotels. They're the ones that organize the tour and offer the lowest rates. They can be found all over Hanoi, shouldn't be difficult to find.
DO NOT BOOK WITH VEGA TOURS - they tried to offer me a Halong Bay tour for US$75 per person when it was offered for US$16 at Sinh Cafe!
United States of America,
December 10, 2009
Great Little Hotel
Clean, Very Friendly Staff, English-Speaking, Nice Breakfast, Free Wireless
It's well worth paying the small amount extra for a Deluxe Room. I stayed in both, two nights in a Standard and another two nights in a Deluxe. Both were very clean and nice, but the Deluxe was much larger and had a larger water heater, which made for nice long hot showers. The Internet access was easy to reach. The breakfast was great. And the staff was very friendly and spoke English well. I will stay here again. It's a bargain.
The hotel is a short walk to the lake, and I enjoyed visiting it almost daily.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Charming Hotel, Hanoi
- Amazing staff !! - We spent about 8 days here but due to trips to Sapa ,Ninh bi
- Budget hotel right in the center of the city. - For the price that you paid for, don't expect much. However,
- Budget price, average room - the breakfast was ok.
- Charming and Friendly - The hotel is really good - I recommend you get the hotel to
- Charming hotel charming staff - found this to be very quaint and a wonderful place to stop e
- Charming hotel, HaNoi - After 2 paid nights in hotel, went on two tours, after each
- Charming Hotel, -
- charming hotel - Had a pick up tranfer by the hotel at airport, man very unfr
- Charming Indeed - the staff of charming hotel are friendly and easy to deal/ta
- charming is excellent - charming is nice hotel. The hotel is clean, friendly staff a
- Charming live sup to its name - we had five days in hanoi at the end of our trip so we were
- Cost effective! - I stayed this hotel one night,
we checked in this hotel ver
- Fantastic Hotel - my wife and i stayed in this hotel from november 16-19 (3 ni
- Fantastic staff but small rooms - We were very happy with the Charming Hotel. The staff were e
- Friendly Hotel - Overall I enjoyed staying at this hotel as the staff went ou
- good location -
- Good to stay - small and simple but nice place to stay. located at the narr
- Great hotel - The staff was really helful and very attentive. The breakfas
- Great Location and a 2 star gem - Down a small alley which is always good for noise in Hanoi.
- great location clean & well appointed rooms - I really enjoyed my stay here. It was nice and central in Ha
- Great service - Staff are helpful and can't do enough for you. Luggage is ta
- It really is a charming one - Located in a little alley way that is bustling with people i
- Location is good but congested - Location is good, room is extremely small. Road outside the
- Lovely hotel and service with a smil - located in the old quarters so within walking distance to sh
- Lovely Hotel and service with a smile - What a lovely little Hotel. We spent 4 nights here and nothi
- Lovely hotel - We have returned to Charming Hotel after our fist stay due t
- Lovely hotel - We were really impressed with this hotel. Clean rooms, a sel
- so welcoming just like beeing at home - this hotel was the best one in three weeks of travelling thr
- The only minus was windowless room - This hotel is really great. For per night for the cheapest r