Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (349)
United States of America,
December 23, 2012
We only stayed one night, plus resting and picking up laundry upon return from Halong Bay in the afternoon, but the staff was exceptional for a hotel in this class.
Our room was more cramped than anything pictured, but I believe this was largely due to a confusion in the booking that we needed a twin room, so they made a quick change. They were accommodating and friendly about this.
The location is not right in the center of the Old Quarter, but it's good and everything is walkable. Still, the Rising Dragon 3 is on a small street and both times that we took a taxi, the driver got confused. Have the hotel's phone number handy, or better yet, turn-by-turn directions on your phone -- if you're in Vietnam for more than a few days, a SIM card with 3G service is very reasonable.
The wifi in our room was sadly unusable so we had to go down to the lobby/restaurant to get anything done. Another guest on a floor far below ours said the same about the wifi on their floor.
December 23, 2012
Good location and friendly staff
Located close to major attractions in Hanoi
the room although a bit small was clean. the bed was rock hard but for the price it was a good hotel. decent breakfast.
December 23, 2012
A home from home
Location, service and always with a smile
We had two separate stays at this hotel during our 12 days in Vietnam.
We were welcomed with open arms and a big smile. We felt immediately taken care of and was explained what we should see and what we should look out for.
The staff did everything they could for us to thrive, and they made our stay wonderful! The hotel is 10 minutes' walk from the Old Town, and in quiet surroundings. Nearby, you will find street food so good you will not leave the area.
December 22, 2012
Great value for money
cosy room, nice staff, reasonable price and good location
I stayed for only a night but had a very good impression and good time at the hotel. The only downside is the room is not sound-proof at all and we are afraid of no privacy. Great location to go around Hanoi old quarter.
United States of America,
December 21, 2012
nice budget hotel - with some quirks
Hospitable Staff - Nice budget hotel - Good Breakfact
We stayed at this hotel twice because it was good value but had some quirks. Our family room was spacious but a bit noisy at night for a few hours due the fact that the hotel is close to the rail track.
The family room bathtub was not anchored to the wall so it wobbled a bit and had burn marks - we stayed in room 204.
Staff were hospitable and welcoming and a few had pretty decent english. They walked me to a local barber / very nice.
Hotel Feature Tip:
The rooms on the second floor can be noisy because they are close to the kitchen / dining area. The front facing rooms are closest to the rail tracks.
December 19, 2012
The staff was friendly and helpful and gave us clear street maps so that we could find our way around without getting lost.
Walking is possible to all places of interest in Hanoi.
December 15, 2012
fantastic hotel and service!
cleanroom, good breakfast, lovely staff and good location
awesome hotel. staff including manager were waiting for us at the front door. they helped us with our bags out of the taxi and carried them to our room which was lovely! hotel managaer gave us a welcome meeting with tea or coffee, explaining top sightseeing trips on a map. breakfast was equally impressive with various fruits and a choice of cereal or different cooked breakfasts!
December 02, 2012
Good location and clean room
Nice staff, good location and clean room
The room is quite small but very clean. The staffs are nice and the hotel in good location.
Hanoi Old Quarter
November 29, 2012
Very Friendly and Helpful Staff in good location!
clean rooms, well located and friendly staff
we rented a twin room, arriving on a misty day in November.
from the get go there was confusion with the taxi driver from the airport. although we showed him a map of where the hotel was located he still took us to the wrong "rising Dragon Hotel", as there is at least three of the same name and franchise as the one we booked in Hanoi. Luckily they're pretty close to each other so you can walk to the correct one.
the receptionist and hotel workers were always very polite, helpful and friendly. the room we were in was cosy, a tad on the small side but due to the size and shape of the building and those in Hanoi i don't think they could avoid this.
our first hotel in our trip in vietnam, making it a good and enjoyable start to the rest of our trip.
the Perfum Pagoda "day" trip is listed as arriving back at 16:30. we actually arrived back at 7pm due to traffic and weather. make sure you don't have any flights/trains booked at this time. many tourists had to jump on motorbike taxis in a desperate ploy to make it to their next destination.
November 25, 2012
Comfortable accomodation with friendly staffs, but the way to the hotel could be high risk from pickpocket...
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Rising Dragon Estate Hotel, Hanoi
- A superb service hotel - absolutely incredible service from a very young and dynamic
- All positive - Rising Dragon Estate hotel had just begun some construction
- Best Budget Accommodation in Hanoi -
- Best Hotel in Vietnam - We arrived in Hanoi by train at 6am in the morning, well bef
- Clean and comfortable -
- Comfortable, Clean and friendly staff. - Very pleasant and much nicer than expected for the price.
- Excellent hotel for price, hospitality and comfort - Excellent hotel for price, probably the best hotel for its p
- Good Location - This hotel is in the old quarter and walking distance to Kie
- Good quality cheap hotel - Rising Dragon Estate Hotel is a budget hotel chain in Hanoi,
- Good service and small and clean rooms. - I had a pleasant stay at the Rising Dragon Estate. The staff
- Great hotel - thew staff were fantastic - We were relocated to the Rising Dragon Grand Hotel. This wa
- Great hotel with very friendly helpful staff - the rooms here are spacious and well equipped - more like sm
- Great location and super helpful staff - Just loved the people here and the location. Had two rooms b
- great place, good service - rooms a bit small, but generally a comfortable stay. managem
- Great Staff, autentic location, clean - we had a great time at RDH. We felt very cared about, rooms
- hotel ok, cheap clean and central -
- nice and relaxing -
- Nice hotel with friendly staff - Very close to train tracks but this did not bother us. Had a
- Nice place with good location. - It could be a little bit cleaner in the bathroom however it
- Out of expectation -
- Small hotel but great room and great service - I travel with my 2 grown children who have moved away. This
- Superb Staff - We only stayed one night, plus resting and picking up laundr
- The hotel staffs makes the differences - my father and i just spent 4 nights at rising dragon iii hot
- Tidy and clean room, good service - The hotel's location is good, there are many shops around th