Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (345)
August 26, 2012
Exc location on the fringe of the old quarter
the manager is very concerned for our welfare and we receive excellent attention from other staff
The Rising Dragon Estate is undergoing a total refurbishment to bring it into line with other Rising Dragon properties and it will be lovely when it's finished with new floors and bathrooms.
In the meantime we have stayed on through the construction work because we like the location, the staff, the size of our room, the beds, the balcony and arrangements have been put in place to ensure we are not too inconvenienced. We are very comfortable in our room staying here long term although things are quite chaotic around us.
A quick trip across the railway line from here and you are out of the chaos of the old quarter and walking wonderful tree lined boulevards past glorious French colonial architecture. Nearby is a wonderful lane with many small stallholders selling in season fruits and vegetables. ATM just down the street also convenience stores for milk, water etc.
August 26, 2012
Value for money
located in the old quarter/ clean room/ friendly and helpful staff
So convenient to walk everywhere from the hotel, i am accommodated at the one on 24 Hang Ga Street (according to the staff, there are 7 Rising Drageons). Value for money for the price paid, easy access to internet via wifi. Breakfast is simple but adequate, both western and local food avialable.
The price of mini bar beverages is want you would pay buying a drink from the street.
if you like walking, this is the hotel to stay, you can walk to everywhere....
August 20, 2012
The staff was friendly and helpful. However, be careful when asking for arranged tours from the counter. It is cheaper to go to the many tour agencies in the area and ask for prices for those on a tighter budget.
The room doors are actual keys and locks. The breakfast was one choice out of the menu. The wifi worked great no problem there. Ultimately, it is a good hotel considering the price.
August 19, 2012
Friendly welcoming & efficient staff and nice rooms
very nice little boutique hotel with nicely decorated rooms which are well appointed & have everything you need including wifi, room safe, kitchenette, tea & cofee maker & air conditioning. the breakfast was excellent & the staff were most efficient, happy to oblige any request. the actual street location is not super attractive, but well located within walking distance of shops & restaurants & local attractions. the staff can arrange any outings, tours or information requests. you can exchange foreign currency at the desk. i couldn't fault this hotel & would gladly return as i was not able to spend sufficient time in hanoi, a fascinating city.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Only drawback, no patio outdoor area to sit as the hotel is right on the street. My room did not have any windows which would have been nice, so maybe request a room with a view..? On weekends breakfast does not commence until 730 which meant as I had an early Sunday morning departure, that I could not eat there first & was very disappointed. They did however give me a bag "to go" with boiled eggs, toast & 2 bananas, so that was something. Coffee was available.
August 18, 2012
I stayed at Rising Dragon hotel for 2 nights actually as there was a typhoon warning in Halong Bay and I couldnt go. The staff were helpful after my plans changed to accomodate me another night. Vân Anh, Hương, Hài and Mr Bie definitely went out of there way to make me feel at home and assisted in any way possible. Another added bonus was that there English is expectionally good and it helped me a lot.
I am deifintely planning on going back to Hanoi and Rising Dragon will be my first and only choice.
August 15, 2012
Best staff we've had in 2 months travelling
the staff were all amazing, helpful,friendly and thoughtful.
we've been away for 2 months, including 5* hotels for our wedding and haven't experienced this kind of reception.
to the owners well done, to the girls, thank you and to any 4/5* hotel managers having a looksie, get them signed up!
our room was clean and nice, tv, internet ok and shower good.
breakfast was good, but bread/baguette should be added to buffet.
hanoi was mental, but if we came back, we'd defo stay here again.
Drinking Junction 15p a beer
Families with older children
August 10, 2012
Very confortable hotel in the old quarter of Hanoi
Large rooms, vey helpful staff
this hotel was our "base camp" in vietnam. we stayed several times, we could leave some luggage for a few days.
rooms are large and well equiped (including a kitchen corner), staff is very helpful (we could get rooms in advance), large choice for the breakfast including western food. room on the back are very lighty, room on the street are very large (more than 30sq meter) perfect for famillies.
all rooms equiped with a computer with internet access.
several hotels belongs to the same chain, we also stayed in rising dragon villa, higher level of confort, but smaller rooms, some of them without window.
we highly recommend these hotels.
August 06, 2012
Nice and Clean but Secluded
Weather was hot and the AC was not cold enough. Waking up the morning sweating. Nice and Clean room. But I feel the location a bit far from the shops and I would consider this hotel quiet secluded.
Families with young children
August 05, 2012
Simple hotel in the Old Quarter
More than a hotel, this place is like an appartment. No view. People was very nice. Good breakfast, nothing special.
Families with older children
July 29, 2012
Great Staff, autentic location, clean
really clean, big rooms some with terrasse with great view, wonderful staff
we had a great time at RDH. We felt very cared about, rooms were really nice and big and clean. Loved the location, you fell you are in the middle of ot all. we will definately recommend this hotel to F&F.
try the street restaurants, there where you get the best food. Don´t be afraid, even though you aren´s a local, it is always very fresh...
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Rising Dragon Estate Hotel, Hanoi
- Beautiful rooms and helpful staff - Beautiful rooms. Fantastic breakfast filling breakfast with
- Central hotel in old quarter - we originally booked for three nights and the hotel is in a
- Classy, clean and great service! - we stayed in the hotel suite room. large, clean and comforta
- Decent rooms, staff can't be trusted - We ended up staying in two separate rooms at this hotel. Th
- Exc location on the fringe of the old quarter - The Rising Dragon Estate is undergoing a total refurbishment
- Excellent as always! -
- Excellent hotel for price, hospitality and comfort - Excellent hotel for price, probably the best hotel for its p
- Friendly hotel in the old quarter - the hotel is comfortable, with large rooms suitable for an e
- Good location and friendly staff - the room although a bit small was clean. the bed was rock ha
- good location but next to a train line - The staff here were nice and offered assistance in every way
- Good location - Location is good. Room is quite new, but small. Shopping and
- Good value hotel, convenient location - I chose this hotel based on site commments and for its locat
- good -
- Great location, great rooms, great service - We arrived extraordinarily early (around 4-5 am) on a train
- great value for the money - Loved my stay here. Didn't want to leave! Clean, tastefully
- Lovely hotel and helpfull staff - The staff is very helpfull and friendly, the rooms are large
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - Hotel in central location, Staff are friendly and helpful,
- Lovely place and service excellent! - This hotel is perfect in Hanoi, good situation, very clean,
- Much better than I expected with friendly people. - The price is good, its daily breakfast is also good with eno
- Nice hotel - staff speak English well.
small hotel but clean with hi-sp
- Service is really bad - Complete confusion. We arrived late and were brought to anot
- small room, but comfortable -
- Small rooms but its okay coz its clean & so nice - We love the hotel its really worth to stay. Most of the staf
- Very nice hotel with 5 star service - This review is actually for the Dragon Rising Palace, as the