Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
District 1 - Ben Thanh Market
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1579)
June 06, 2012
Great Hotel, fantastic staff.
The Staff make being here easy.
I like this hotel, have stayed here three times and am going back on the 23rd June.
I like it here, its close to everything and just a stones throw from Ben Than market.
The staff are excellent and very helpful (an extra star for the staff).
Rooms are great, restaurant is very good (Try the spicy Beef) and there is a bar right outside so you can wind down with a nice cold beer right outside your front door.
Breakfast is well filled with lots of Asian and Western to chose from.
Nice gym for working out. Ok i didn't get there too much but it is a nice gym and i thought about going and its the thought that counts.
Everyone wants to go to Ben Than Market, that's ok but it is very hot and sticky and the shop staff are very pushy. Try Saigon Square Market just two minutes walk from Ben Than, Saigon Square is air conditioned and you can walk around and find everything that Ben Than has minus the hassle and often cheaper.
June 04, 2012
I am sure I will be back there again as it's nice hotel with good breakfast. good location close to everything
closed to market
June 03, 2012
Good locations and facilities
Great location with good facilities. The room is comfortable.
United States of America,
June 03, 2012
Good Breakfast, room OKay, location good for site seeing and nightlife
My stay there was good, My check-in was not pleasant because I had just been over charge by taxi driver for ride from the airport and the receptionist did not seem to be warm and friendly.But another male host offered me a cup of tea and things felt better. From that point on the staff was quite helpful.
Have hotel pick-up from airport or check several drivers before catching taxi. Take tours with tours setup by hotel, but if you use the motorbikes to tour make sure you understand how much they want. Is it by the hour or is it for the entire tour.
June 03, 2012
Love hotel and service with a smile
clean, easily accessible and friendly staff
The hotel was very close to Ben Thanh market and easily accessible to other locations. The staff was friendly and rooms cleaned very well on a daily basis.
June 03, 2012
Great location but old facility
I forgot to bring the Agoda booking confirmation printed with me, and they couldn't find my reservation. They made me use the PC to find the information and they seem like found something. Maybe because of that, or I checked in very late at 1:30am, my room was located the top floor. Took a lift up, but after got to the 10th, we took a stairs on the way says "GYM". My room was located on the 11th floor which non of the lifts go to. My room was just next to the spare beds lying around near the gym. It was very dark also. I didn't like the spot, coz it feels unsafe. Room it self was O.K.. For some reason hot water didn't work on the first night. But I didn't call reception coz it was already very late, I just wanted to go to bed. Breakfast was included for my plan, it gets packed already at 6:30am and people fight for a seat!
The market near the hotel(Forgot the name, but very famous one), has a good deal in the morning 8-9am. They offer lower price in the morning and go up as the day gets later, because they believe in luck by the first customer. So, you have less hustle to bargain. On the way to the market from the hotel, there are lots of place to eat and drink as well.
June 02, 2012
Great hotel for the price
we stayed one night at the hoang hai long at the end of our trip in vietnam. it was in a great location near ben thanh markets and backpacker area. but also not a far walk from other sightseeing attractions.
the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and made our room available early. the room was big and clean. breakfast was ok - didnt compare to the other hotels we stayed at.
we went to try out the hotel beauty spa - the prices were fantatstic - but they were booked out so i would recommend going early or booking ahead.
May 27, 2012
Great Location and hospitality
Budget hotel in a prime location with great buffet breakfast
This hotel truly lived up to and beyond our expectations. First of all the location of this hotel is right in the heart of District 1. If you are into souvenir shopping then Ben Thanh Market is just a 5 min walk away. All of the city's attractions like Notre Dam, Reunification Palace and War Museum are 10-15 mins by taxi from the hotel. Their travel desk is friendly and will help you plan trips outside of the city. However we had one bad experience in Ho Chi Minh City when we were robbed of our bag with passport, cash and credit cards on a day trip in the city. Kudos to the hotel management for being very understanding and accommodating and allowing us to stay on till we could get some cash arranged to get our documents back and leave the country. They were always there to ask about our progress and even accompanied us to the police station to file a report. A big thank you to all the management staff!
Watch out for bag snatchers especially couples riding in motorbikes. We had a horrible experience and heard similar stories from locals and foreigners alike.
May 26, 2012
Nice hotel with big rooms
Service was great and rooms are spacious
The hotel is located just opposite New World Hotel which is 5 mins walk to the famous Ben Thanh Market. Staffs are friendly and service was great. Spacious rooms with all the amenities that you will need. Only downside was there were renovations going on during the day so it was kind of noisy during daytime.
Hotel Feature Tip:
There is a Mimosa Spa at the hotel which provides a good massage at very reasonable prices.
May 25, 2012
Great location but small rooms
Well the hotel is fine with me even though the room is small and has no window.Confort room is clean.its a value for money hotel and by the way good breakfast,lots of choices.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Hoang Hai Long Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City
- "Lovely hotel with great help" - I love this hotel. It is located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh
- Average Budget Hotel, not in the best of locations - the reception manager was not particularly friendly or helpf
- Basic hotel but adequate - This hotel is very much a travellers hotel, rooms clean and
- Basic rooms. Normal hotel - Might be able to get a similar hotel at a lower price. Walls
- Best of the lot - We stayed at this hotel several times and felt like we were
- Central location - the hotel is what i would say pretty typical 3*. room was pr
- classy hotel with nice staff and great location - i like the location and hotel interior. 5 mins walk to
- clean and close to the market - We stayed many nights in this hotel. We were upgraded to a
- Clean and nice location but not satisfied - Clean hotel and good location.
But, a little noizy and non
- Clean and reputable hotel for business stay - I was recommended to this hotel by a local Vietnamese friend
- comfortable - except the lift (small and slow) -
- Comfortable hotel - I booked the suite room with the jacuzzi. unfortunately, we
- Convenient HOTEL - Convenient, Good service, Nice Breakfast. Next to famous nig
- convenient location to Ben tanh market - prompt check in by reception, good variety of dishes in br
- Convenient - Room is OK. Bed is not nice and air condition is very noisy.
- Excellent location and accommodating staff! - we had a wonderful time at ho chi minh because kevin, the ma
- friendly staff - i really liked this hotel. we had an internal room it was so
- good ambiance hotel - Near to ben thanh market n other shopping area. 2 muslim res
- Good Hotel but don't expect too much - Very correct hotel with helpful staff, a good breakfast. The
- good hotel to stay - I enjoy staying there actually but if we book from agoda the
- good hotel, good service, value for money - good hotel value for money good location near malls and othe
- good hotel - this hotel always be one of my priority every time I travel
- Good location , but lots of building work - We found the hotel to be comfortable and well-located. Break
- Good location but a bit noisy - Clean and comfortable. However, due to my room being near to
- good location but rooms without views - with warm and helpful staff, it is some stay that i enjoy th
- Good location Hotel - We booked a superior Twin room. The Hotel upgrade it to a De
- good location - booked a room with park view, but ended up with no window at
- Good location - It is about 2 minutes walk to Ben Thanh Market (the famous m
- Good Location - Rooms are small but everything you need is supplied. Locatio
- Good look from the outside but.... - given a room with a small window opening into an air-well. C
- good service - Had a good stay. But this time a little too short.
- good service - nice hotel , nice breakfast and service staff is smile , goo
- Good Value Hotel - at a reasonable rate, providing a clean and comfortable delu
- Good value of money - It was okay, near market, staff was helpful, room was clean
- Good, clean, service and nice place to stay. - The room are clean and nice place to stay. Good location to
- Grat Hotel with good service. - We had a lovely stay here, room was good & clean, within wal
- great hotel ! - check in was great, nice and simple. Had already booked on l
- Great hotel for its price and with a good location - i was very impressed with the rooms especially since the pri
- Great hotel with Fantastic Location - Had another fantastic stay at the hotel. The location is the
- Great hotel with good location but small room - Stayed there for 7 days. Room was smaller than i expected. B
- Great hotel with reasonable price. - Stay at this hotel for a night. Overall experience is good.
- Great hotel, excellent location and A-grade staff - Next time I travel to Vietnam I will most certainly be stayi
- Great Hotel, fantastic staff. - I like this hotel, have stayed here three times and am going
- Great location and breakfast - We stayed here for 2 nights, the hotel is clean, staffs are
- Great location and friendly smile - Just 2 nights staying there,staff friendly and willing to he
- great location and good value - nice hotel. great location to ben thanh market. clean bathro
- Great location and great hotel - We enjoyed our stay at Hoang Hai Long Hotel. The room was co
- great location and helpful staff - aside from the pros i listed, the hotel also has a spacious
- great location hotel with everthing nearby - i stayed with my wife for 3 nights, i booked the room as sup
- Great location with friendly service - Very friendly service and in a great location for getting to
- Great location with small cosy rooms - It is located near the central District and near the backpac
- Great location, but small room. - Really like the hotel, but I got the superior room even thou
- great location, decent rooms - location is good, in the center of shopping center, and rest
- Great location, good rooms! - The room was clean, large size with plenty of space for bagg
- Great location, good service, but small rooms - good hotel in the centre of saigon, close to main market and
- Great location - Great location, from hotel to business center is less than 1
- Great location - hoang hai long hotel serves as our temporary home during our
- Great location - hotel has just been re-painted. location is good. staffs the
- Great Location - The room was really simple, nothing fanciful but value for t
- great location - very friendly staff, room was comfortable. breakfast buffet
- Great locations but misleading room type - not a bad stay. i used to stay in one of the hotels in distr
- Great lolcation but small room - great stay in the hotel with friendly staff and good food in
- great price - so worth it - Reasonable price, clean, near to the markets and restaurants
- Hoang Hai Long Hotel - Clean and comfortable in a good location. Watched the New Ye
- Hoang Hai Long Hotel - The staff were very friendly and very helpful. the hotel was
- Hoang Hai Long, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam -
- Hoang Hai Long - The breakfast buffet was good. Standard can match with 5-sta
- Hoang Hai Long - very handy for shopping and night-life. ben tanh market abou
- Horrible service - Had ordered this room, and based on the reviews on the inter
- hotel for one night stay - one hotel separated in three towers, so it was difficult for
- Hotel is small but the heart is very big. - The staff are so nice and cooperative that we never felt th
- Light Hotel - Everything is not quite good, but it is valued for the money
- Location is OK - Although the breakfast was OK, consider the price you pay. B
- Lovely Hotel , friendly service - we all Very happy with all the service
and will be back a
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - the hotel staff are very helpful and polite. they response t
- Lovely hotel with great buffet breakfast - It was a lovely hotel, and the staff were great. It has a ce
- Lovely hotel, great location, and nice services - All staffs are very nice. They provide very nice service wit
- Lovely hotel, value for money and good service. - Great hotel with friendly staffs and rooms are great too.
- Lovely hotel - The staff is very helpful but the room is so small and hard
- Nice and cosy Hotel with good services - hoang hai long hotel is cosy and clean hotel. hotel staffs a
- Nice and spacious good value - we stayed in a deluxe room, which was supposed to be a doubl
- nice clean hotel - hotel was good to stay, clean, nice room, big enough, not so
- nice hotel and close to muslim halal food - its a nice hotel and comfortable but a bit expensive.....
- Nice hotel for the price - A beautiful hotel and the location was perfect for me.
- Nice hotel on a great position - Hoang Hai Long is a lovely hotel on a great position in Saig
- nice hotel with good service and good location - we enjoy our stay at hoang hai long hotel with good breakfas
- nice hotel, - Nice hotel, room & bathroom was clean, the location was stra
- Nice hotel.. Good location - Nice hotel in good location near Ben thanh n pham ngu lao
- Nice hotel - Nice three star hotel with good service. The rooms are a bi
- Nice rooms, helpful staff, good value - well situated near the market and the night street market fo
- Nice service and breakfast - A nice hotel with a good breakfast spread.
However I am no
- not good but resonable prices - not good but resonable prices, easy go to market, good for s
- Perfect spot. Right in the middle of the city. - Within walking distance of major attractions plus clean and
- Small but is all you need !!! - It is a 3 stars hotel but with above 3 stars standard. Chec
- Small Rooms no Window. - Hotel does not provide you with an Iron Box to Press your Cl
- Stay at Hoang Hai Long Hotel - This is middle range hotel but very good location. It's walk
- Stunning hotel great location - Lovely staff. Exceptionally clean rooms. Spacious. Will defi
- Sweet service and great value for money - The staffs are always helpful whenever you approach them, al
- the best everything you dream is in this hotel - sorry no bad comment absulutely the best highly recommended
- The best hotel for the budget traveller - The hotel is place in a very centralize location. No prolble