Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
District 1 - Pham Ngu Lao / Tay Balo
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (934)
January 10, 2011
a MINI Hotel at great location with friendly staff
great location, clean room, friendly and helpful staff, minimarket and good foods also massages are nearby
we only enjoy a short stay at saigon mini hotel 5. but it was a very pleasant stay. the room size is great (not as small as we afraid of) and it is very clean with great facilities (bed and sheets are good, ac is great). and the most important, the toilet is clean and well maintained. the staffs are very nice and friendly. they will be happy to give you information that you need.
United States of America,
January 09, 2011
Large rooms, with no hot water
The hotel is comfy, with large clean rooms. The bathrooms are fine, but we ran out of hot water within minutes of turning on the shower. The location is on a crowded touristy street, which makes it easy to find a cab to the major attractions.
January 07, 2011
Great hotel, but don't book tours/bus trips!
Great helpful staff, really comfortable bed, very central location in backpacker area.
we had a great stay at the saigon mini hotel 5.
Book your tours/buses/transfers through the Sinh Tourist office. Very efficient, great tours and good value.
Families with older children
January 02, 2011
great location and service
Enjoyed our stay imensley. Staff were friendly and co operative.
January 02, 2011
Lovely service, but hotel was lacking
a small window in the top corner of one room. This sounds good, but there was no curtain, and so actually this just made the room uncomfortably light in the mornings. This, combined with the noise (very thin walls, in a very noisy area), and beds that were only average, made sleep difficult. I had to buy an eye-mask and earplugs after one night here. Also, the toilet was one of those where you have to throw the tissue in the bin, not the toilet. I know this is normal in a lot of Asia, but usually you can escape it at hotels.
The location was right in the backpacker district, which is convenient if that's what you want, but there's a lot of hassle in the streets, and it wouldn't be suitable for families or anyone older.
Basically, this place is fine for budget accommodation, but it's more expensive than other places on the same road.
Its one selling point is the service; they were endlessly polite and helpful, and seemed like genuinely warm people.
if you're looking for budget accommodation in the backpacker district, your best bet is just to turn up and find something once you're there
January 02, 2011
Great Hotel - We would stay again
Good location, quick and efficient check-in, they allowed us to check-in early, reception organised a tour for us at a good price, safe in room, deluxe room was large and clean, 2 computers with free internet provided near reception, English speaking staff, our room was 2 floors above the road yet it was very quiet (window seemed to be double glazed), window had nice view to street, good water pressure in shower/bath but must remember to turn on water heater or else no hot water, coffee/tea facilities provided in room.
great location next to two "7-eleven" type convenience stores that had atms. breakfast was a choice of one of 4 options (1 - toast; 2 - cereal; 3 - eggs with toast; 4 - pho). only one drink was provided - more drinks were charged extra. we had eggs with toast - the quality was good. breakfast was served at the top of the hotel that had great views of the city (good photo opportunity).
December 29, 2010
Lovely hotel with very friendly staff.
Lovely staff, free wi-fi.
This is a great hotel for the price - the superior room was clean and comfortable, as was the bathroom. While breakfast was basic (you had a choice of omlette, or pho, or bread, or cereal), it was hard to beat the price. This hotel is located in the heart of the backpacker district, so there are lots of pubs catering to foreigners around.
December 29, 2010
Great little hotel
Nice room, central location
I booked a room with no window with some trepidation, as it turned out it was completely misplaced. My room was very nice, small but it had everything I could need, big TV, nice bathroom, fridge. The staff are friendly & the location was close to lots of restaurants. It was great.
Go to Cafe Sozo, the food is fabulous & its 3 doors away from the hotel.
December 28, 2010
More like a Motel than a hotel
you really get what you pay for... the mini saigon motel looks like a converted residential building into dorm rooms. staff are very nice and friendly though. area is super busy and crowded, no sidewalks so you will be walking on the street and get hassled by street vendors. our room is really small that we feel quite crowded.
Go to Park Hyatt area where there are lots of other big hotels, shopping, and restaurants around with huge sidewalks. Very pleasant to people watch.
December 27, 2010
Situated on busy road, if you weren't watching carefully, you would drive right by the hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are decent for the price. Hotel's location is not the best for walking around or accessing the downtown core. If you do not want to spend the money on the Park Hyatt or the Sheraton, then this is a good alternative.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Saigon Mini Hotel 5, Ho Chi Minh City
- a MINI Hotel at great location with friendly staff - we only enjoy a short stay at saigon mini hotel 5. but it wa
- average - Average, friendly staff, nice location, free wifi, old furni
- Budget Hotel with 5 stars service - Stay for 5 night in 9th Floor. Room & toilet was clean. Staf
- Clean hotel, Great Location - the staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean a
- comfortable hotel in heart of district 1 - Small, simple hotel that was clean and comfortable. Arranged
- Convenience Backpacker area - stayed for the 2nd time. i was looking for the convenience,
- Excellent Experience - We had a free upgrade to the deluxe room when we arrived in
- Fabulous! - I definitely would recommend this hotel to everyone who want
- Far from ben tanh but Comfort Room - Comfort, New, Clean Room, Gud view. Near by touring. Backpac
- fridendly and very clean - This hotel is more than I expected. Even my room was stuck i
- Good clean hotel, great location and nice staff - Bit of a mix-up, possibly my booking made at same time as an
- Good hotel - good value for money - Decent hotel for the price. Saigon is quite overwhelming in
- Good hotel for budget travellers - it is still good hotel. Hotel is centrally located in the ma
- good hotel for budget travellers - when we arrived at the hotel at 3am, the door of the hotel w
- Good location but room a little bit small. - Good location for night life, very close to Bars and Clubs,
- good location - good hotel in main back packer district, nice breakfast on t
- Good Stay in Saigon - I would recommend this hotel. It is quite affordable and ver
- Good, basic accommodation - this basic accommodation is in a wonderful location, in the
- Good, easy option - Staff are very helpful, speak good English. The hotel is a
- great budget hotel in backpackers area - Hotel is located close to Behn Tran Market, in an area with
- great budget hotel in hcm - we had a very pleasant stay at saigon mini. the rooms are v
- Great hotel in a convenient location - We had a great stay for 3 nights here. It is a great budget
- Great hotel in fantastic location - this is the second time that we have stayed here and again t
- Great hotel in the heart of Saigon - Good night sleep with little hassle = great hotel !
- Great little hotel with great loccation t everythi - We have stayed at this hotel twice within the past 2 weeks,
- Great location and friendly staff - i syaed 2 nights.surprisingly all staff is very friendly!!!!
- Great location but small room - The staffs of the hotel were nice. Their english is OK. Our
- Great location but small rooms - All we can say about this hotel was the location was great!!
- Great location but small rooms - Location is very good. It is right in the middle of the "bac
- Great Location! Affordable Price! - We spent two nights in this hotel before moving to Saigon Mi
- Great location, friendly staff - The hotel is located in the main backpacker area, and conven
- Great Location - Best customer service with all the recommendation for nearby
- Great location - The room was small but clean and had aircon.
The building s
- Great stopover and wonderful front desk service - we chose this hotel for our first night in hcm as we needed
- Great! - This hotel is located right in the middle of the backpacker
- Great, friendly service. Good Location. - The rooms are small, but it is called "mini" hotel. The staf
- HCM-saigon hotel stay - Stayed in the hotel for 2 days. Close to amenities and resta
- Location, - it's nice staying at a reasoanbly priced hotel where a veget
- Lovely hotel and good service but small rooms - The hotel is not far away from the airport.Since we arrived
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - The staff are concern about your safety ,will remind you alw
- Lovely staff - the standard room is a little box. breakfast is ok.
- Nice hotel in a great location. - We have stayed in many hotels in this area of Saigon, so hav
- Nice little hotel in the middle of everything! - Nice staff, very helpfull, good brekfast, nice cleen rooms!
- Nice rooms but small - Avoid 9th floor, which could get really noisy in the morning
- Nice, clean and secure - If your looking for the backpacker area this is the place fo
- Not So Mini - We tried two room types and all glad to save on the smaller
- Not that great - While the hotel was OK it certainly did not deserve all the
- OK -
- pleasant for its price - it was a pleasant hotel for its price. a basic room, could d
- Professional and Clean - this hotel, on a busy tourist street in district 1, was just
- Real Mini hotel with friendly staff - hardly to search for the hotel. but overhal is good with loc
- Reception service with a smile,room is clean - Food is ok.room is clean.reception getting to good service a
- Saigon Mini Hotel 5 -
- Simple but clean room - The room was not bad since the housekeeping staff cleaned an
- Small and Cramped - Appart from the location and the friendly staff, I have noth
- Stay in the heart of HCMC tourist area - The Mini Saigon 5 Hotel is located in Bui Vien Street in Dis
- Very central and helpfull staff - No problem staying at the hotel. Breakfast was a little smal
- very near to Benh Tan Market and lots of pubs - i arrived there only at two o clock in the morning, where th
- walking distance from all the bars -
- We were upgraded to the VIP room :) - Our original room was overbooked so we were moved to the Sai
- wonderful service - i've stayed here several times before and the service is alw
- Worth another visit - One can always argue that the bathroom facilities are not go