Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
District 1 - Ben Thanh Market
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1917)
February 25, 2010
Beautiful, modern, central & value for money
- Modern rooms
- Friendly Staff
- 5 minute walk to the market
- Very clean
- Free Internet
Overall I loved this hotel I highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are modern, the staff are 100% helpful & friendly and check in and check out was really easy and fast and free internet provided.
Location of the hotel is a 5 minute walk to the market and other site seeing not far away.
I would definantly stay there again wen I go to ho chi minh city.
February 22, 2010
Good Value for Money
Overall I am satisfied. I stayed there alone and it was my second hotel in HCM city.
February 21, 2010
Ho Chi Minh hotel review
Great location, lovely boutique hotel
i thought the hotel was great. it was in a great location, was fairly new, very clean and not too big. you felt like you could get to know the staff and likewise them with us. It was a small boutique hotel that had all the necessary requirements. i would definately reccomend this hotel to friends
great that you could book tours with the hotel
February 21, 2010
A modern & clean place to stay but minimal service
- Very new and clean rooms
- Very modern interior
- Very central to district 1 i.e. city central
If you are looking for a very relaxing, comfortable, new, clean and modern interior room to stay for you visit that's very central I would recommend this hotel.
However, don't expect too much room facilities nor hotel staff courtesy service...there is no information leaflets or booklets available to describe the hotel or their services or any intructional information at that.
February 20, 2010
Sanouva Hotel Saigon
Perfectlocation, close to day and night markets, in the city center (District 1), very dynamic area (day and night life), very clean, the hotel looks new, very quiet and nice staff (always willing to help you).
We are a family with 3 kids (14, 11 and 4 years old, being in the city center was the go choice, we were able to do almost everything by walking, the staff was always helping us. The hotel is clean (nice bathroom), quiet and safe. I use to go for business in the Continental Hotel. The room in the Sanouva are cleaner and the price much more lower.
The best here is to speak with the reception, we spent 3 days, the staff at the reception gave us very good tips were to go, what to do, very good expalanations with details and map (the staf can customized according to your needs). In our case, we even went to some local festival, paint gallery, and standard seeing such as Market place, People house, Museum, park, ...
February 18, 2010
value for money
hotel is within walking distance to all major attractions
what i like most about this hotel is its location and staff performances. the hotel room is also clean and fresh.
do not shop at the ben than market, price expensive..shop at saigon square (for bargains)or other shopping places (fixed but reasonable price)
February 17, 2010
Review of the Sanouva Hotel
Rooms were fine and quite. Great Air Con
Good value for money.
The hotel was quite far from the Airport, but in a good part of town. I have been to HCM a few times and this is a good standard hotel, and the rooms are very clean and well equipted.
Breakfast was very limited and in a small space.
Very reasonable and clean, obviously been recently refurbished.
February 17, 2010
First stop in Vietnam
- Great value for money
- Good room condition
- Welcoming and friendly staff
- Good central location
We arrived in Saigon for a couple of nights before continuing on to the coast and had chosen the Sanouva from previous reviews and for the value of booking the executive room. Right from the moment of stepping out of the taxi, the staff were really helpful and friendly. Our room was spacious, comfortable and in really good condition. The location is great too, you are very close to the main market area and a short walk or very short(and cheap) taxi ride to either the main shopping areas or the backpacker area. The main trip we wanted to do whilst here was the Cu Chi tunnels, which the hotel was happy to arrange for us at a reasonable price (You could have saved a couple of dollars by booking in the backpaker area, but we didn't really have the time to shop around).
Breakfast was included in the hotel price, but I'd have to say that this was a slightly negative point as it was hard to get a seat and then the food wasn't fantastic, but I have to say it was far from inedible. The only other negative was quite specific; we were travelling on from Saigon to Mui Ne on the coast and wanted to get a bus as the long trip by taxi could cost over $150 each way. We asked at reception and were told that due to it being the Tet holiday that this couldn't happen and we would have to get a taxi and they could arrange that. Luckily for us we did ask elsewhere and found that the buses were still running as normal and would only cost $9 each way per person.
Overall though I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel if you're after a goo value hotel for a couple of nights.
Definitely try out Le Pub for some great evening atmosphere and very good drinks prices. The mexican restaurant opposite is also worth a visit.
United States of America,
February 17, 2010
Great location, very clean
Sanouva Hotel was a great location if you are looking to stay outside of the backpacker/traveler area. In 10 minutes you can walk to the market, HCMC museum, parks, Hindu temples, and many other sights in the city. The breakfast lacked in quality. If you like spaghetti and meatsauce and beef soup the breakfast would be perfect for you but on a whole the food quality of the hotel was poor.
February 16, 2010
Close to ben than market but,have to be careful when you walked at the market,a lot of pick pocket,hotel clean and breakfast very good.I can enjoy with my wifi at the hotel room.
I am happy booking rooms with Agoda,quick responds and good rate.
A lot of fake handbag brands,T shirt.you have to be clever to bargain about 30-40% less what they offered,especially in the Ben thanh market.Beware of pickpockets.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Sanouva Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City
- 3 Star Hotel delivering 4+ star service - Our room was very nice, surprised since the hotel is rated 3
- Acceptable boutique hotel with friendly staffs. - Good location to market, shopping, nite entertainment and fo
- Affordable hotel -
- Basic hotel in a good location - The room was pretty standard (not in a bad way, just basic).
- Beautiful, modern, central & value for money - Overall I loved this hotel I highly recommend this hotel. Th
- best breakfast buffet in vietnam - clean hotel from lobby, restaurant, elevator, rooms and toil
- Central and Convenient - The Sanouva is only two years old. Its modern and well furni
- Clean and comfortable - I was impressed with the hotel. Its modern and very clean.
- clean but poor breakfast - Only two fomputer are available. Always I want to use, all a
- Clean hotel with friendly helpful staff. - staff there were great. they were very friendly and helpful.
- Clean, comfortable and value for money - I would definitely recommend this hotel to any traveler, be
- Clean, modern and nicely located - Although this is my first review of this hotel, this is actu
- Comfortable clean room and nice breakfast - Been staying in Sanouva Hotel for many times. Nice clean roo
- Comfortable hotel 3 star price but 5 star service - Breakfast too crowded.
There should be a couple of rooms f
- Convenient location, but small rooms. - The location of the hotel is a 5 minute walk to the markets.
- Convinient location; Clean room - location is near to ben thanh market; nite market.
room & f
- Decent hotel otel with poison bug spray smell - Rooms were kind of small especially if you have an extra bed
- Don't go by the pictures... - Stayed here the first two nights we were in Saigon...boy was
- Exactly as advertised - sanouva is in a great location, 5 mins from the ben thanh ma
- excellent hotel, - excellent hotel, new and LCD TV, nice decoration. not so noi
- Excellent Location and Service - really good boutique hotel, prime location, short walk to be
- excellent - this hotel gives you a real city feel. as a budget/city hote
- Fantastic service and great location - The service was fantastic and the location of the hotel was
- First trip to Ho Chi Minh City - The hotel was centrally located to all the markets and shopp
- Friendly and helpful frontdesk staff - Nice bathroom with amenities.Water pressure was lowand shoul
- Good boutique hotel - This is where we always stay when we come to Ho Chi Minh cit
- good hotel with friendly staff - it's closed to a big market and easy to get eating and shopi
- Good hotel with poor breakfast - I was travelling with a girl friend and my 15 month old daug
- Good hotel - Good hotel, rooms were medium size for 2 people. The staff w
- Good Hotel - We really enjoyed our stay in the Sanuova Hotel in Ho Chi Mi
- good location and friendly staff - nice hotel within walking distance of many things in town.
- Good location and great room, well priced - the sanouva tema re avery hepful, speak english well and are
- Good location but small rooms and lukewarm service - This hotel was satisfactory, however given our experience el
- good location hotel with good staffs - i was staying at sanouva for 6 days with 1 4 yrs old at exec
- Good Location, Clean & Tidy - We arrived for an over night stay greeted with smiling face
- Good location, great service - There were limited reasonable restaurants or bars in walking
- Good location, modern and clean - The hotel is located near Benh Than Market and within easy w
- Good location, nice rooms - there are lots of similar mid-range options in hcmc, but i w
- Good location - Clean rooms of a reasonable size although rooms on the top f
- Good location - convenient to access the old heart of hcmc. service is good
- Good staff service, small but functional rooms - Room was not lush but functional and clean enough. It also i
- Good times - the 24 hour reception is great, the breakfast was quite OK a
- good value and good location - I would stay there again because it was really nice for a ch
- Good, basic, clean - Near the Ben Thanh market, this hotel is a nice option for t
- Good,clean, friendly hotel - We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. the staff was friendly and
- Great 3 star - We stay here for four nights and enjoy it very much. The hot
- Great hotel - spacious room and good breakfast - Stayed three nights and enjoyed the room and breakfast each
- Great hotel decoration - Good hotel with good location, facilities are quite new and
- Great location and clean rooms - Sanouva Hotel is in a good location within walking distance
- Great location and friendly service - we were greeted on arrival with friendly smiles from all sta
- Great location and great place - Staff was extremely friendly. Location is a walk away from
- Great Location and nice rooms - nice clean rooms, great location close to bien than markets.
- great location friendly staff - The Hotel was within walking distance of most of the major
- Great location lovely room new hotel - We were welcomed by friendly staff at Sanouva Hotel, our roo
- Great location to Ben Thanh market, clean room! - We had a three night stay over at the hotel. Overall, it was
- Great Location with affordable price - Overall the hotel is great, with its main selling point in l
- Great location with clean rooms. - Stayed at this establishment for 3 nights, great price for a
- Great location with clean rooms - The room wasn't big, but the size was comfortable. Very clea
- Great location with friendly staff - Clean room
Nice buffet breakfast although
- Great location with good service - I stayed for 2 nights in Sanouva hotel for holiday. The room
- Great Location with small room - The hotel facilities are average and the service level is go
- Great location! - We stayed in a deluxe double. The city view is definitely be
- Great Location, Clean, but small rooms. - The room in this hotel is fairly small, but extra bed can st
- great location, clean, good bellman & reception - We stay 2 Nights & we want to continued stay but the room no
- Great location, comfortable rooms, helpful staff - We loved the location of this hotel close to the Ben Thanh n
- Great Location, Good service - i would recommend this hotel to guests travelling to ho chi
- Great location - Great hotel, rooms are a decent size and very clean. Very co
- Great location - The hotel was in a great location, just a very short walk to
- Great location - This was a sweet little hotel in a great location, just walk
- Great place to stay - Great hotel. Perfect location, fantastic service, very clean
- great small hotel in ben thanh area - the rooms look exactly as pictured. although modest in size,
- Great Stay in Ho Chi Minh - The hotel was in a fantastic location, just around the corne
- Great, excellent and would love to go back anytime - We really enjoyed our stay. We can walk to everything.Going
- Ho Chi Minh City -
- Ho Chi Minh City - In many ways the Sanouva Hotel is a respite from the heat an
- Homely Hotel w great service with a smile - we were greeting at the counter with a smile and checking if
- Hotel booking wiht Agoda - The Sanouva hotel is conveniently located in Saigon. It's ve
- Hotel in Ho Chi Minh - we stayed here for three nights and it was great. The locat
- I'd stay here again! - This hotel made my Vietnam stay enjoyable. Although I didn't
- lLovely hotel in good location close to market - friendly helpful staff locals in area nice and friendly as w
- Location location location - Sanouva hotel was a perfect choice for us. It's "right there
- Location location - great location, attention to details on our needs.
- Location was perfect for access to the Markets. - very small hotel close to the ben thanh markets. breakfast i
- lovely and nice hotel - Everything was ok,we did not have to wait for check in.They
- Lovely boutique hotel and service with a smile - The hotel was clean and modern, though it was a tad bit smal
- Lovely centrally located hotel - staff at the sanouva hotel were very helpful and friendly. t
- Lovely hotel in a great location - Hotel staffs were friend and accomodating, will recommend th
- Lovely smile on all staff - if you have to visit hcmc this hotel is located just behind
- nice hotel conviniently located - I really enjoyed my staying there, friendly staff and nice r
- Nice hotel responsive staff - I had some wifi problems but the staff had their IT guy on i
- Nice hotel walking distance to the touristy areas - We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. It was my first time to v
- Nice hotel, good stay, friendly people - The Sanouva hotel was a great place to stay, as it it very n
- Nice hotel - Room was a bit small, but hotel was good value for money.Ver
- Nice, clean and modern hotel - Great location.
Not a lot of food choices for breakfast but
- Nice. Clean. Comfortable Hotel -
- Our stay at the Sanouva - We were pleasantly surprised by the standard of the rooms fo
- Pleasant stay - The Sanouva Hotel is quite well located in District One of H
- Pleasent hotel, friendly staff.spotless rooms - The hotel is within walking distance to the markets and a fe
- Room was ok - Requested for a bigger room with window. It was the same typ
- Rooms are clean and nice. - Location of hotel is great. Near most sites and shopping.