Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
District 1 - Ben Thanh Market
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1917)
United States of America,
December 29, 2009
Ho Chi Minh City
In many ways the Sanouva Hotel is a respite from the heat and chaos of the city. The hotel is close to the market and the major sites of the city. It was great to have breakfast included - great coffee.
Just don't bring lots of stuff since the rooms are small but efficiently organized with free wifi.
Families with older children
December 29, 2009
Value for Money
The hotel is ideally located being a block away from Ben Thanh Market,and within walking distance to the different museums, parks and famous sites. It is tastefully decorated with modern, contemporary design. The bathroom fixtures are new. It is compact yet it's all one needs as a touring visitor. The staff are friendly and approachable. The receptionist gave recommendations on what restaurants to go to and what tours to take. The bellboys assisted us with difficult taxi drivers. The food was tasty and hefty although it would have been perfect if the menu changed day after day. I would recommend Sanouva to others.
Families with young children
United States of America,
December 29, 2009
Pleasant Place to Stay
Clean and comfortable. Centrally located, friendly staff. We liked it better than a much more expensive hotel in HCMC where we stayed at the end of the trip.
We stayed in two different hotels in HCMC. Despite the fact that the Sanuova Hotel was less than half the price of the other one, we liked it better. The rooms were decent, clean and comfortable. You get things like free internet and a nice breakfast (both were extra charges at our more expensive place). Staff were helpful and friendly. The location was unbeatable, with plenty of the city in walking distance.
December 29, 2009
Sanouva is nicely situated nearby the Ben Thang Market, about 4-5 minutes of walking! Staff is helpful. But the room is noisy! And the 2 water bottles you get on arrival is the only one you will received so, don't forget to buy some water bottles. The breakfast is simple but, good. But, arrived early if you want choices!!!
December 28, 2009
3 Minutes from the Lake & Water Puppet, Computer in room, wooden bath tub, safe deposit box in room, elevator
We stay here for 1 night upon our return from Halong Bay trip. Once we fix ourself, we were happy to find that water puppet show is short walk away, since we have booked a ticket for 21:15. They provide computer in room, using the LCD TV32" as TV and computer monitor. But the keyboard and mouse limit how far I can sit from the computer, which is causing discomfort. Breakfast is excellent, the best that we have during our stay in Vietnam. But if you want some variation, food stall is a minute away
Water Puppet and the Lake is 3 minutes walking
Families with young children
December 26, 2009
New and very neat and clean. Fantastic sound proofing system. Once inside, the street noise in the Ho Chi Minh city is completely shut off. The staff are friendly and helpful too.
My family and I enjoyed staying in this hotel even for just a night. We will consider booking this hotel again.
Ben Thanh bargain market is within walking distance.
December 26, 2009
Everything you want, and nothing you don't.
Super hot, hot water + great water pressure
About my stay:
I stayed at Sanouva for 8 nights, 1 night in room 904 and 7 nights in room 501 (they didn't have room for a 8 night booking).
About the hotel:
There are 9 floors of rooms, and there are 6 rooms to a floor, rooms:
*01 and *02 are facing the street (most expensive rooms)
*03 and *04 are on the sides of the building (least expensive)
*05 and *06 are facing the back
In comparison to HoChiMinh prices this hotel is on the expensive side, but it's still very reasonable.
From the airport it's 80-100 Dongs by metered taxi.
About the rooms:
The rooms, I must admit, are the cleanest hotel rooms I've ever seen... really.
Everything looks brand new, there is no "eeewwww" feeling to the furniture, like you get in cheaper hotels.
The layout of the room is well thought of, and everything is where it should be.
The only issues i had with the room are:
* The mirrors are too low, so you can only see your crotch when you look into them,
* They place the opening of the quilt cover at the top of the bed (near the pillows), so your arms touch the real quilt when you move at night (this is the "eeeewwww" feeling i'm talking about). I tried putting it at the bottom, but the cleaning staff replaced it at the top each day.
* 501 is a smoking room, although it didn't smell like smoke, when you took a deep breath on the pillow you could smell cigaret smoke from the pillow. But it's really nothing compared to HK hotel rooms.
About the noise:
Ho Chi Minh is a very very noisy city, so don't expect a quiet and serene stay. But:
* The rooms facing the street will be noisy due to the cars and motorcycles, you can get used to that;
* The rooms on the sides are noisiest, because there are next to the elevator and the door faces all human traffic on the floor, and
* The rooms on the back are quiet as can be (I had a chance to visit one).
About the food:
The free breakfast is fine, and there is ample food for every one
December 24, 2009
Friendly staff that spokle English
This is basically a business hotel, room was very clean and spacious for what you were paying, but the view was of the next building. If you are now bothered about that then this place isn't bad at all. The main market area is about 10 mins walk or less, but roads are very busy with bikes!
Staff were friendly, and hada bit of a mix up with the room, but nothing to complain about really.
Main market near the hotel which is the only thing worth visiting.
December 24, 2009
The location is very good. The hotel is clean but it is slightly over price. The buffet is limited choice & the dining area is small. The free internet services is good but sometimes is slow.
December 24, 2009
location is in the center of city but it was not loud as I aspeccted!
You can walk to every mayor tourist destination of the city and market street is just 2 streets away from the hotel.
It was very clean but the breakfast is sooooooo poor!!!
shopping center with lots of restaurants is just near by so you can get proper meal!
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Sanouva Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City
- Acceptable boutique hotel with friendly staffs. - Good location to market, shopping, nite entertainment and fo
- Affordable hotel -
- awsome - we stayed here twice, once on our way to phu quoc and then o
- Basic hotel in a good location - The room was pretty standard (not in a bad way, just basic).
- Beautiful, modern, central & value for money - Overall I loved this hotel I highly recommend this hotel. Th
- Central and Convenient - The Sanouva is only two years old. Its modern and well furni
- Clean and comfortable - I was impressed with the hotel. Its modern and very clean.
- clean but poor breakfast - Only two fomputer are available. Always I want to use, all a
- Clean, comfortable and value for money - I would definitely recommend this hotel to any traveler, be
- Comfortable clean room and nice breakfast - Been staying in Sanouva Hotel for many times. Nice clean roo
- Comfortable hotel 3 star price but 5 star service - Breakfast too crowded.
There should be a couple of rooms f
- Don't go by the pictures... - Stayed here the first two nights we were in Saigon...boy was
- Exactly as advertised - sanouva is in a great location, 5 mins from the ben thanh ma
- Excellant hotel and great location - The hotel is perfectly located. hotel is very clean and mode
- excellent hotel, - excellent hotel, new and LCD TV, nice decoration. not so noi
- excellent - this hotel gives you a real city feel. as a budget/city hote
- Fantastic service and great location - The service was fantastic and the location of the hotel was
- First trip to Ho Chi Minh City - The hotel was centrally located to all the markets and shopp
- Friendly and helpful frontdesk staff - Nice bathroom with amenities.Water pressure was lowand shoul
- Good and modern Hotel close to Ben Thanh Market - - room was clean and modern
- bathroom was modern
- Good boutique hotel - This is where we always stay when we come to Ho Chi Minh cit
- Good hotel and Location - good business class or easy traveler hotel. clean rooms, goo
- good hotel with friendly staff - it's closed to a big market and easy to get eating and shopi
- Good hotel - Good hotel, rooms were medium size for 2 people. The staff w
- Good Hotel - We really enjoyed our stay in the Sanuova Hotel in Ho Chi Mi
- Good location and great room, well priced - the sanouva tema re avery hepful, speak english well and are
- Good location but small rooms and lukewarm service - This hotel was satisfactory, however given our experience el
- good location hotel with good staffs - i was staying at sanouva for 6 days with 1 4 yrs old at exec
- Good Location, Clean & Tidy - We arrived for an over night stay greeted with smiling face
- Good location, great service - There were limited reasonable restaurants or bars in walking
- Good location, modern and clean - The hotel is located near Benh Than Market and within easy w
- Good location - Clean rooms of a reasonable size although rooms on the top f
- Good location - convenient to access the old heart of hcmc. service is good
- Good money for value hotel - bathroom better than most for price, very clean, friendly st
- Good staff service, small but functional rooms - Room was not lush but functional and clean enough. It also i
- Good times - the 24 hour reception is great, the breakfast was quite OK a
- good value and good location - I would stay there again because it was really nice for a ch
- Good value with a great location - Stayed with my family for 1 day during the lunar New Year.
- Good, basic, clean - Near the Ben Thanh market, this hotel is a nice option for t
- Good,clean, friendly hotel - We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. the staff was friendly and
- Great 3 star - We stay here for four nights and enjoy it very much. The hot
- Great hotel - spacious room and good breakfast - Stayed three nights and enjoyed the room and breakfast each
- Great hotel decoration - Good hotel with good location, facilities are quite new and
- Great location and friendly service - we were greeted on arrival with friendly smiles from all sta
- Great location and great place - Staff was extremely friendly. Location is a walk away from
- Great Location and nice rooms - nice clean rooms, great location close to bien than markets.
- Great location but small bathing cubicle - The hotel location is very good but the room acoustics is qu
- Great location but small rooms - We stayed here on our last night in Saigon. It's in a great
- great location friendly staff - The Hotel was within walking distance of most of the major
- Great location lovely room new hotel - We were welcomed by friendly staff at Sanouva Hotel, our roo
- Great location to Ben Thanh market, clean room! - We had a three night stay over at the hotel. Overall, it was
- Great Location with affordable price - Overall the hotel is great, with its main selling point in l
- Great location with clean rooms. - Stayed at this establishment for 3 nights, great price for a
- Great location with clean rooms - The room wasn't big, but the size was comfortable. Very clea
- Great location with friendly staff - Clean room
Nice buffet breakfast although
- Great location with good service - I stayed for 2 nights in Sanouva hotel for holiday. The room
- Great Location with small room - The hotel facilities are average and the service level is go
- Great Location, Clean, but small rooms. - The room in this hotel is fairly small, but extra bed can st
- great location, clean, good bellman & reception - We stay 2 Nights & we want to continued stay but the room no
- Great location, comfortable rooms, helpful staff - We loved the location of this hotel close to the Ben Thanh n
- Great Location, Good service - i would recommend this hotel to guests travelling to ho chi
- Great location - Great hotel, rooms are a decent size and very clean. Very co
- Great location - The hotel was in a great location, just a very short walk to
- Great location - This was a sweet little hotel in a great location, just walk
- Great place to stay - Great hotel. Perfect location, fantastic service, very clean
- great small hotel in ben thanh area - the rooms look exactly as pictured. although modest in size,
- Great Stay in Ho Chi Minh - The hotel was in a fantastic location, just around the corne
- Great, excellent and would love to go back anytime - We really enjoyed our stay. We can walk to everything.Going
- Ho Chi Minh City -
- Ho Chi Minh City - In many ways the Sanouva Hotel is a respite from the heat an
- Hotel booking wiht Agoda - The Sanouva hotel is conveniently located in Saigon. It's ve
- Hotel in Ho Chi Minh - we stayed here for three nights and it was great. The locat
- I'd stay here again! - This hotel made my Vietnam stay enjoyable. Although I didn't
- Ideal location for Tourists - very helpful and efficient staff, spotless hotel, good break
- lLovely hotel in good location close to market - friendly helpful staff locals in area nice and friendly as w
- Location location location - Sanouva hotel was a perfect choice for us. It's "right there
- Location - stayed in this hotel as usual. it is allways very clean, gre
- lovely and nice hotel - Everything was ok,we did not have to wait for check in.They
- Lovely boutique hotel and service with a smile - The hotel was clean and modern, though it was a tad bit smal
- Lovely centrally located hotel - staff at the sanouva hotel were very helpful and friendly. t
- Lovely hotel in a great location - Hotel staffs were friend and accomodating, will recommend th
- Lovely smile on all staff - if you have to visit hcmc this hotel is located just behind
- Nice boutique hotel. Central location and helpful - Overall good experience during the stay. Just don't stay on
- Nice clean hotel - This hotel is really clean and well air conditioned. The sho
- nice hotel conviniently located - I really enjoyed my staying there, friendly staff and nice r
- Nice hotel responsive staff - I had some wifi problems but the staff had their IT guy on i
- Nice hotel walking distance to the touristy areas - We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. It was my first time to v
- nice hotel with decent breakfast - location near BT market. Taxis are conveniently accessed any
- Nice hotel with good location - Stayed with friends for two nights and we enjoyed it. Altho
- Nice hotel, good stay, friendly people - The Sanouva hotel was a great place to stay, as it it very n
- Nice hotel - Room was a bit small, but hotel was good value for money.Ver
- nice hotel - sanouva hotel is a nice hotel with large rooms. bathroom is
- Nice, clean and modern hotel - Great location.
Not a lot of food choices for breakfast but
- Nice. Clean. Comfortable Hotel -
- Our stay at the Sanouva - We were pleasantly surprised by the standard of the rooms fo
- Pleasant stay - The Sanouva Hotel is quite well located in District One of H
- Pleasent hotel, friendly staff.spotless rooms - The hotel is within walking distance to the markets and a fe
- Room was ok - Requested for a bigger room with window. It was the same typ
- Rooms are clean and nice. - Location of hotel is great. Near most sites and shopping.
- Saigon - I have stayed in tis hotel before and will do so again-in fa