Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
District 1 - Ben Thanh Market
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1919)
September 26, 2009
New and well located
Spotless and new, near the centre
I stayed only one night in this hotel, the location is quite good in District 1, downtown. The building and the furniture is very new and modern. The staff was friendly and professional. I didn't try breakfast though, woke up late. The room was nice, as the hotel, all new and modern, bathroom too, beautiful. However the size of the room was not great and even worse were the windows, nearly peep holes on the wall. I think in general was quite good but a bit pricey I would say.
Near center, market, restaurants, clubs...
September 24, 2009
Over all in perfect. Nice and relaxing. Friendly receptionist, service and excellent info provider.
I love it so much.
The surroundings are excellent and not busy as the traffic.
Friendly and kindness served during the stay. Provide the kindness service from top to toe. Nice and relaxing ambience.
Receptionist are very helpful. The guard as well. All smile at you and willing to provice you the service and help just like you friend.
Easily to communicate with the staff.
The room are great. Very clean and neatly. Have a lot of TV channel. I love it so much. Thanks to Sanouva & Staffs!! You are great!
Every places are in walking distance. You may easily get the cab. When you get out from the hotel, you can easily get the cab and the guard may assist you to tell the driver about your location.
September 23, 2009
good location, cleanness, simple modern room.
there is no water boiler in the room, if we need it we have to ask to the staff. when we stay there the next day we have to catch the morning fight, we have told the night shift staff to get the early breakfast but in the morning the morning shift staff said that he not be informed. the price is too overpriced there is other hotel that give a better facilities with a lower price
must visit chu chi tunnels.
Families with young children
September 22, 2009
Good location. Clean, neat & tidy. Polite & helpful hotel staff
This hotel located at district 1, a very good location as most places of interest are within walking distance. Hotel staff are polite & helpful. For businessman, there are two computers next to breakfast area for internet access. Room though small but clean & neat. buffet Breakfast served but serving area a bit small.
Families with young children
September 21, 2009
~ A relatively new hotel
~ Free wifi internet
Sanouva Hotel was a good choice. The rooms are big enough and it has a free wifi or LAN cable internet connection!
Places of interest like Reunification Palace, War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, Post Office, and City Hall are walking distance from this hotel, about 10-15mins.
I would love to stay in this hotel again. But I hope they do something about their breakfast.
Ben Than Market is just at the back of this hotel.
September 20, 2009
min. 50 words.
This hotel is value for money . Its relatively new and easly to locate . There is a 24hour convenient store nearby and also a good coffee house ( like starbucks )around the corner . Many shops around it to do your shopping and only a 3 minute walk to the Cental Market .
Servive level is reasonably good and its staff was able to communicate in English . Also free inter-net services at lobby .I enjoy my stay .
Wide variety of thing to buy from fruits to lamps and food.
September 19, 2009
Great stay and great location in HCMC
Feels like a new hotel with a clean, comfortable and modern feel. The room was larger than we expected and the bathroom was better than some other 5 star hotels I have stayed in. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Overall great value for your $$$. The best part is that it's less than 5 mins walk to Ben Than market. Highly recommended and would definitely stay there on my next trip to HCMC.
Was told to bring USD$ but it seems that VND was widely accepted and some items seemed cheaper when purchased in VND rather than USD$.
Overall a great hotel to stay in, it was less than a 5 mins walk to Ben Than market. Yes their breakfast selection is very limited but there are endless eating spots around HCMC and your there to experience the place not the breakfast so that's pretty negligible. Also right next to the hotel there's a few stalls in the alley which serve great noodles (VND20-25k) and you can also stock up on your bottled water there (around VND5k a bottle for the 500ml, but some shops will charge you VND6k and one even tried to charge me VND10k) for all your other needs there’s a 24hours convenient store just around the corner from the hotel (take a left when exiting and its on the first intersection).
Booked the Cu Chi tunnels 1/2 day tour (which is a definite must do) with the hotel and it costs us USD$15 per person but it does include the entrance fee (entrance fee is VND75k otherwise) - you can get it slightly cheaper from other tour operators around the area but often does not include the entrance fee so overall you'd only be saving USD$1 - USD$2 per head which saves you the trouble walking around and trying to haggle for the price - plus I'm sure they need the money more than you do :)
Although there are other hotels right in front of Ben Than market I would recommend to stay here as the Vietnamese seem to love to horn at everything and everyone (even when its just one motorcycle on the road and your already on the opposite side of the street) so it can get quite noisy.
Rule of thumb was to cut all the prices by 50% and haggle till you and the seller meet halfway, but if you haggle and then change your mind halfway expect a very disappointed and slightly annoyed seller with a few Vietnamese words thrown at you for good measure :)
Ben Than market is a great place to do most of your shopping, went to several shopping places from district 1 to district 5 and the prices seem pretty much the same (yes it might be cheaper elsewhere but the taxi fare alone will balance it out). During the day I would advice to buy lacquer items, souvenirs and coffee from there but not the clothing and bags (much cheaper in the Ben Than night market). A Nike / Adidas tee shirt started off at VND250k, after much headache of haggling it was dropped to VND90k each, then when we went to the night market the very first shop was selling the exact same tee shirt for VND50k.
On a final note be very selective on which taxi you take. Taxis are unregulated in Vietnam which means they can legally charge whatever they want and they set their meters to go at crazy rates. After asking around and talking to a few locals it seems that the two most reputable and fair taxis around is Mai Linh Group (white and light green, the drivers wear a white shirt with a green tie) and VinaSun (white and dark green) - the van's start at VND10k while the sedans at VND8k. On one of our taxi rides there was a cab with the same color scheme and looked in everyway like the VinaSUN taxi (upon closer inspection the cab was called VinaSUM and the hotline number was almost identical the only difference was VinaSUN was 8272727 while the rip off cab VinaSUM was 6272727 with the 6 looking very much like an 8). What should have been a maximum of VND100k ride from point to point was VND100k only 1/4 of the way there. By luck we we're passing a 5 star hotel so we asked him to stop and got off (obviously he wasn’t too pleased as he thought he could rip off a couple of tourist) and asked the concierg
September 15, 2009
Location was great could walk to all tourist sites shopping
staff were excellent, could walk to all tourists sites, room was clean and comfortable, meals at hotel great also, great location for shopping and just to walk around the sites, with shopping have to bargain for, try the local fruits, nite life is good dont forget to go to nite markets, walking is a must to see all
dont forget to bargin
September 15, 2009
Except for the Breakfast
Free internet access
What surprises me most is the offer of free internet access in the lobby of the hotel. This is unheard off in hotels in other countries. I particularly like the location of the hotel as markets and restaurants are within walking distance of about 5 minutes. The staff are very friendly and helpful. But one area that needs much improvement in is the breakfast. It should offer more choices to the guests.
Many great restaurants are within walking distance. You do not need to take a taxi. If you enjoy shopping for fruits, Ben Thanh market is 5 minutes away. If you do take taxi, take Mai Linh as the rates are most reasonable.
September 15, 2009
Staying at Savoura Hotel
Clean room and look new Hotel
Quite nice location of the hotel for shopping area,along the street many boutique for shoe and fashion available.But the price quite expensive in value of money especially not worth for a city like Ho Chi Minh. The choices for breakfast is not much(1 dish + 1 coffee or tea), if you request a fried egg will be consider 1 dish.
Many shoes boutique along the street only by walking distance.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Sanouva Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City
- A friendly hotel in a great location. - Great rooms - spotless and spacious. Excellent, efficient an
- Cheap clean hotel in a great central location - Great value for money, clean, noisy hotel in an ideal locati
- Clean and good location - The hotel is located in District 1 which is commercial area.
- Clean hotel, good location -
- clean, good location, cheap price - Poor breakfast, but toast and fruit is all you need as the f
- comfortable and clean hotel - This is a bargain considering its central position. Staff we
- Comfortable hotel in heart of Saigon - This is our third time at the Sanouva, so it must be doing s
- Conveniently located in center of city -
- Conveniently located near Ben Thanh Market - enjoy my stay. near the market (a couple of mins walk) and e
- Excellent Choice - We enjoyed our stay in Sanouva hotel for it has really meet
- Excellent hotel - Sanouva Hotel was a great location if you are looking to sta
- Excellent location in district 1 - We stayed at the Sanouva Hotel 3 nights in mid March and fou
- Fantastic hotel, fantastic location! - The rooms were lovely, and the service was excellent at this
- Festive Season in Sanouva - Sanouva is a nice hotel in a very central location for Distr
- Friendly Hotel - the room is pleasantly fine and comfortable, although the ho
- Good 3 star hotel - Hotel was clean, cheap and staff helpful. It is literally a
- good hetel - the room is very clean and very quiet, but some room doesn't
- Good hotel location - The hotel has very convenient location; near Banh Tann marke
- Good hotel - Stayed in this hotel many times, and I am allways satisfied.
- Good location but room is small - The hotel and rooms so small but clean and staff are friendl
- Good Location but simple n clean rooms - Everything in the hotel is decently nice, simple and clean.
- Good location but small rooms - i. WIFI connection. Internet connection speed is slow. Alway
- Good location with great service - this is just a block back from ben than market...so we were
- Good location, lovely, but small rooms - The hotel is located at a very good location. It's in the ce
- Good location - Good location within easy walking distance of major attracti
- Good location - the hotel is in good location. breakfast is quite ok. servic
- Good stay - A nice hotel with good staff. Breakfast was good but better
- good value for small price and nice staff - clean room but small
nice staff, abel to speak english
- Great boutique hotel in central city - This is a nice hotel that is real close to Ben Thanh market.
- Great hotel and location! - Great modern rooms and fantastic showers. I really enjoyed s
- Great hotel and wonderful staff - This has been the best 3 star hotel we have stayed in so far
- Great hotel at a great price. - Only ended up staying here for a few hours because our plane
- Great hotel at city center - this is the 3th time we came back to sanouva. we like it a l
- Great hotel small rooms but clean and comfy. - We enjoyed our stay here it was central. The rooms were cle
- Great hotel with great staff and awsome location! - Sanouva hotel is a great place to stay and i highly recommen
- Great Hotel/ Great Location - Very close to every thing. Hotel staff were very friendly an
- Great hotel - i am a repeat customer of this hotel because it delivers con
- Great lacation and service to go with it - Location is good for us to see the things we wanted to see f
- Great little hotel - Sanouva hotel ticked most of the boxes we required for our s
- Great little place - the hotel is very well located near everything in downtown h
- Great location ,near Ben Thanh Market - We booked 3 rooms to stay overnight at this lovely hotel.
- great location and rooms clean although small - rooms were clean except slightly small. very close to most t
- Great location but small room - Really well equipted room with modern bathroom facilities.
- Great location but small rooms - Hotel staff very helpfull and friendly. Central location
- Great location but small rooms - The location of the hotel is great - extremely central. The
- Great location with clean and comfortable beds - The hotel was clean and comfortable with easy access to the
- Great Location with friendly staff and lovely room - hotel staffs are friendly and very willing to show u the dir
- great location, but very thin walls - my husband and i stayed here a few nights during our honeymo
- Great location, good for a short break - The Sanouva Hotel has small rooms, but these are perfectly a
- Great location, small rooms, but very clean - We had a greAt time in HCMC. The hotel is close to everythin
- Great location, wonderful staff - as this was our first hotel at the start of 1 months holiday
- Great location,great service - our room was great and the only thing i would say is to have
- Great location - Only stayed 1 night but we were upgraded to a bigger room be
- Great Location - staff were excellent, could walk to all tourists sites, room
- Great Location - this hotel is very clean and modern, if you are going to sta
- Great location - We stayed in a deluxe room so the room had a comfortable kin
- Great locations with clean room - The hotel is well located and very convenient to get around
- Great service and friendly. - Spent 3 nights here. Room on first floor was fine,but rather
- great service and location at reaonable prices - very pleasant, will recommend to others. Front desk staff ve
- Great value for money - My family booked 2 twin rooms and 1 double. Rooms are all cl
- Great value hotel with perfect location - i am a repeat customer.I really like this hotel.It has every
- Holiday in Ho Chi Minh City - Overall a very pleasant stay. This was made possible by the
- Hotel close to my shopping heart - Hotel is near all establishment. Reception people are very a
- Hotel in great location - this hotel has a great location. although it is a little sma
- It was unpleasant. -
- Location - it's at the city center of hcm city, surrounded by many f&b
- Location - Stayed in this hotel many many times. It is very convenientl
- Lovely hotel in prime location with great service - The hotel is situated in a prime location which is a short w
- Lovely hotel with small room but clean - This hotel ia clean and easy to visit or shopping in some wh
- Lovely Hotel - his hotel was the best we had during our trip in vietnam. th
- Mmmm, shrimp balls... - Average mid-range hotel. Good location, walking distance (i
- Near shopping area. -
- New and well located - I stayed only one night in this hotel, the location is quite
- nice and sweet hotel - We stayed here for 7 nights. no regrets. it's one of the bes
- Nice City Hotel with Impeccable Service - Great stay in this hotel. Room is clean. Hotel is modern.
- nice hotel but far from center - if u looking place tht not much noice or too much busy, u do
- Nice hotel in central location - really nice hotel, good facilities in the room and free wate
- Nice Hotel in HCMC - This was a great hotel compared to others we stayed in HCMC.
- Nice Hotel in heart of Saigon - requested pick up from hcmc airport did not arrive, however
- Nice hotel walking distance to the touristy areas - We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. It was my first time to v
- Nice hotel, convenient location - the rooms were clean and modern. the bathrooms were quite ni
- Nice hotel - It's just a nice hotel with great taste breakfast. The room
- Nice hotel - Very nice hotel. The breakfest buffet is excellent.
- NIce location and inviting lobby but - The hotel lobby is very inviting as shown on the internet. T
- Nice, clean realiable hotel with helpful staff - We had stayed at Sanouva hotel for 4 nights to explore Ho Ch
- not too bad experience - Clean room, reasonable price Hopefully more vegetarian choic
- okay for short stay - In General is good. Location is good to access anyway by ta
- Perfect for a stop over - This hotel was great as we only stopped one night, but could
- Pictures Don't lie - The room was totally newly renovated and it has everything t
- Pleasant hotel with great location - location is ideal in the centre of hcmc, just behind the mar
- pretty good - The hotel was fairly clean, surprisingly nice rooms, nice TV
- Quiet and comfortable hotel - overall it's a comfortable stay for 2 nights there in HCMC..
- really good hotel - well situated. walkable to all places of interest. staff ext
- Really nice with very helpful staff! - I was traveling with 3 other friends. Our stay here was quit
- reasonable good hotel - The location is very good. The hotel is clean but it is slig
- reliable, friendly, accommodating - this hotel exceeded our expectations in terms of room qualit
- Rooms are very small especially with an extra bed - Service was good but the breakfast selection wasn't great.
- Sanouva Hote -
- Sanouva Hotel - great start to HCMC - We booked this hotel well in advance of our holiday to vietn
- Sanouva Hotel - Nice and Easy Hotel -