Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
District 1 - Ben Thanh Market
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1917)
February 25, 2012
Basic hotel in a good location
The room was pretty standard (not in a bad way, just basic). We had a room at the front of the hotel with a window. The hotel seems to be quite popular for French tour groups. The breakfast area is a bit small for the hotel. Sometimes people had to wait. It did not affect us as we were up early going on day trips.
There is a little alley next to the hotel with about six different street food vendors. The satay place was great.
February 23, 2012
Great location, lovely staff
Near Ben Thanh market and an easy bus ride from the airport on the 152 bus
my third visit to the friendly sanouva and once again very happy with it. the rooms are not huge but generally well equipped with welcome fruit on arrival which is a nice touch. the staff are what makes this place a hit. they are all delightful. but no matter what they tell you the wifi does not reach the 9th floor!
Eat in Ben Thanh night market. You'll likely as not meet someone else interesting to talk to as well as have some delicious food at a good price.
February 23, 2012
Simple and convenient
Very helpful staff, good breakfast selection, clean bathroom
we had the top floor room with a view and that made it a real nice room! although all you can see are buildings, the light filtering through the shades in the morning made me feel right at home. i love the breakfast menu, since it changed in the two days that we were there so we didn't get bored with the food. the staff, this one lady receptionist in particular(i forget her name) was very helpful. i kept on asking her advice as to best places to eat, and where to buy this and that for a good price, and she would always have an answer. we always took her advice, and never went wrong with it. i'm sorry i didn't catch your name, but you know who you are! it was nice of them to let us stay in the lobby for the entire night after we checked out, since our flight was still at 12:00mn and we didn't know where else to stay. i'd definitely go for sanouva again, the next time i'm in hcmc. the only downside were the black dirt marks on our bed sheets. i'm really picky when it comes to room cleanliness.
You can get cheaper versions of the same package tour when you book somewhere else. I think the hotel got a huge cut off our tour, as it cost 4-5 dollars more than tours booked from a hostel.
United States of America,
February 19, 2012
Great hotel, a little noisy
clean rooms, nice staff, good location
I stayed at Sanouva last weekend and would definitely return. I was slightly annoyed by some loud guests next door to me who I could hear very clearly because the doors and walls are so thin, that is not really the hotel's fault. The rooms were clean and really good value for the money. My friend found her room also a little loud as it was facing the street, but when she asked to switch to another side of the hotel the staff were very helpful and complied.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Pick a room that does not face the street to get a little more peace and quiet.
February 19, 2012
Great hotel with friendly staff
we had a great stay in hcmc at sanouva. the staff were so helpful and accommodating (and english was amazing). the location was great and we were able to walk to most things we wanted to. for a 3 star hotel i was pretty impressed. the rooms were very well appointed, spotlessly clean and the hotel was incredibly safe with doormen and security guards at all hours. would definitely recommend the sanouva. (only downside was the breakfast was a bit average but completely fine for this level of accommodation).
Hotel Feature Tip:
Our flight wasn't until 8pm. So after sightseeing all day in the HCMC heat we definitely wanted a shower before we headed to the airport. The staff couldn't be more helpful and we were able to have a shower and get changed in one of the rooms for free before we headed off. It made a massive difference to our 9 hour flight home!
February 17, 2012
.Five times in this hotel
..and still fine by me!
Sure, the competition in the rea is getting stiff...new small hotel opened all around the area and soon or late will decide to try a new one :)
So far Sanouva is fine by me. Just wish the b/fast was a bit less Asian and more like a mix of western and Asian fare. After all I see more westerners patronizing the hotel than Asians..
February 16, 2012
the room was middle size and big enough for one person. big plasma tv. bathroom middle size very clean, only shower no bathtub.
breakfast excellent, buffet style - good selection, both western and vietnamese. very good service location is excellent next to
February 14, 2012
Fantastic hotel with the most serviceminded staff
Clean room, breakfast, location and staff
We really enjoyed the Sanuova. The staff was very helpful. The hotel is within walking distance from the war remnants museum and the Reunification palace, both well worth a visit. The room was clean and nice. Breakfast great!
Try the french restaurant on the street behind the Sanuova, "Une journee a Paris". It has the best pastries, sandwiches etc!
February 14, 2012
Stayed in this hotel many many times. It is very conveniently located in the middle of District 1. Great location for shopping, eating or just to go for a stroll. By taxi it is only 20-40 minutes from the International Airport, depending on the time of the day. It is a very nice small hotel, very clean and a very helpfull staff. The only disadvantage is that the wifi in the room is often not working properly.
February 13, 2012
Very near to Ben Thanh market where the food and shopping is
Location of the hotel is very good. Less than 5 minutes walk to Ben Thanh Market where there are tons of food and market shopping. Not too near which is good or else it will be too noisy to sleep in.
But there is something about the rooms. The walls seems to be super thin. I can hear people walking up and down the stairs, people bathing in the other room, door slamming and phone ringing.
Though it is a great location, I don''t think I will be back again because way too noisy for good rest. This is my 2nd time to HCMC and there are definitely other better hotels around everywhere.
Don't buy anything in Ben Thanh market. Go to Cho Binh Tay Market whereby they sell ALL goods you see in Ben Thanh market but at quarter of the price.
Remember to slice off at least 3/4 of the price they quote. They may seem resistant to agree to your outrageous price but believe me, all you need to do is walk away and they will agree to what you quoted.
Even if they do not call for you, you will be sure to find something similar down the street and this time round, maybe quote a little more say VND50K or VND100K.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Sanouva Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City
- 3 Star Hotel delivering 4+ star service - Our room was very nice, surprised since the hotel is rated 3
- Acceptable boutique hotel with friendly staffs. - Good location to market, shopping, nite entertainment and fo
- Affordable hotel -
- Awesome location, clean hotel - we stayed here for three nights. we really liked how close
- Basic hotel in a good location - The room was pretty standard (not in a bad way, just basic).
- Beautiful, modern, central & value for money - Overall I loved this hotel I highly recommend this hotel. Th
- Central and Convenient - The Sanouva is only two years old. Its modern and well furni
- Clean and comfortable - I was impressed with the hotel. Its modern and very clean.
- clean but poor breakfast - Only two fomputer are available. Always I want to use, all a
- Clean hotel with friendly helpful staff. - staff there were great. they were very friendly and helpful.
- Clean, comfortable and value for money - I would definitely recommend this hotel to any traveler, be
- Comfortable clean room and nice breakfast - Been staying in Sanouva Hotel for many times. Nice clean roo
- Comfortable hotel 3 star price but 5 star service - Breakfast too crowded.
There should be a couple of rooms f
- Convenient location, but small rooms. - The location of the hotel is a 5 minute walk to the markets.
- Convinient location; Clean room - location is near to ben thanh market; nite market.
room & f
- Decent hotel otel with poison bug spray smell - Rooms were kind of small especially if you have an extra bed
- Don't go by the pictures... - Stayed here the first two nights we were in Saigon...boy was
- Exactly as advertised - sanouva is in a great location, 5 mins from the ben thanh ma
- excellent hotel, - excellent hotel, new and LCD TV, nice decoration. not so noi
- excellent - this hotel gives you a real city feel. as a budget/city hote
- Fantastic service and great location - The service was fantastic and the location of the hotel was
- First trip to Ho Chi Minh City - The hotel was centrally located to all the markets and shopp
- Friendly and helpful frontdesk staff - Nice bathroom with amenities.Water pressure was lowand shoul
- Good and modern Hotel close to Ben Thanh Market - - room was clean and modern
- bathroom was modern
- Good boutique hotel - This is where we always stay when we come to Ho Chi Minh cit
- Good hotel and Location - good business class or easy traveler hotel. clean rooms, goo
- good hotel with friendly staff - it's closed to a big market and easy to get eating and shopi
- Good hotel - Good hotel, rooms were medium size for 2 people. The staff w
- Good Hotel - We really enjoyed our stay in the Sanuova Hotel in Ho Chi Mi
- good location and friendly staff - nice hotel within walking distance of many things in town.
- Good location and great room, well priced - the sanouva tema re avery hepful, speak english well and are
- Good location but small rooms and lukewarm service - This hotel was satisfactory, however given our experience el
- good location hotel with good staffs - i was staying at sanouva for 6 days with 1 4 yrs old at exec
- Good Location, Clean & Tidy - We arrived for an over night stay greeted with smiling face
- Good location, great service - There were limited reasonable restaurants or bars in walking
- Good location, modern and clean - The hotel is located near Benh Than Market and within easy w
- Good location, nice rooms - there are lots of similar mid-range options in hcmc, but i w
- Good location - Clean rooms of a reasonable size although rooms on the top f
- Good location - convenient to access the old heart of hcmc. service is good
- Good money for value hotel - bathroom better than most for price, very clean, friendly st
- Good staff service, small but functional rooms - Room was not lush but functional and clean enough. It also i
- Good times - the 24 hour reception is great, the breakfast was quite OK a
- good value and good location - I would stay there again because it was really nice for a ch
- Good value with a great location - Stayed with my family for 1 day during the lunar New Year.
- Good, basic, clean - Near the Ben Thanh market, this hotel is a nice option for t
- Good,clean, friendly hotel - We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. the staff was friendly and
- Great 3 star - We stay here for four nights and enjoy it very much. The hot
- Great hotel - spacious room and good breakfast - Stayed three nights and enjoyed the room and breakfast each
- Great hotel decoration - Good hotel with good location, facilities are quite new and
- Great location and friendly service - we were greeted on arrival with friendly smiles from all sta
- Great location and great place - Staff was extremely friendly. Location is a walk away from
- Great Location and nice rooms - nice clean rooms, great location close to bien than markets.
- great location friendly staff - The Hotel was within walking distance of most of the major
- Great location lovely room new hotel - We were welcomed by friendly staff at Sanouva Hotel, our roo
- Great location to Ben Thanh market, clean room! - We had a three night stay over at the hotel. Overall, it was
- Great Location with affordable price - Overall the hotel is great, with its main selling point in l
- Great location with clean rooms. - Stayed at this establishment for 3 nights, great price for a
- Great location with friendly staff - Clean room
Nice buffet breakfast although
- Great location with good service - I stayed for 2 nights in Sanouva hotel for holiday. The room
- Great Location with small room - The hotel facilities are average and the service level is go
- Great location! - We stayed in a deluxe double. The city view is definitely be
- Great Location, Clean, but small rooms. - The room in this hotel is fairly small, but extra bed can st
- great location, clean, good bellman & reception - We stay 2 Nights & we want to continued stay but the room no
- Great location, comfortable rooms, helpful staff - We loved the location of this hotel close to the Ben Thanh n
- Great Location, Good service - i would recommend this hotel to guests travelling to ho chi
- Great location - Great hotel, rooms are a decent size and very clean. Very co
- Great location - The hotel was in a great location, just a very short walk to
- Great location - This was a sweet little hotel in a great location, just walk
- Great place to stay - Great hotel. Perfect location, fantastic service, very clean
- great small hotel in ben thanh area - the rooms look exactly as pictured. although modest in size,
- Great Stay in Ho Chi Minh - The hotel was in a fantastic location, just around the corne
- Great, excellent and would love to go back anytime - We really enjoyed our stay. We can walk to everything.Going
- Ho Chi Minh City -
- Ho Chi Minh City - In many ways the Sanouva Hotel is a respite from the heat an
- Homely Hotel w great service with a smile - we were greeting at the counter with a smile and checking if
- Hotel booking wiht Agoda - The Sanouva hotel is conveniently located in Saigon. It's ve
- Hotel in Ho Chi Minh - we stayed here for three nights and it was great. The locat
- I'd stay here again! - This hotel made my Vietnam stay enjoyable. Although I didn't
- Ideal location for Tourists - very helpful and efficient staff, spotless hotel, good break
- lLovely hotel in good location close to market - friendly helpful staff locals in area nice and friendly as w
- Location location location - Sanouva hotel was a perfect choice for us. It's "right there
- Location location - great location, attention to details on our needs.
- lovely and nice hotel - Everything was ok,we did not have to wait for check in.They
- Lovely boutique hotel and service with a smile - The hotel was clean and modern, though it was a tad bit smal
- Lovely centrally located hotel - staff at the sanouva hotel were very helpful and friendly. t
- Lovely hotel in a great location - Hotel staffs were friend and accomodating, will recommend th
- lovely hotel very helpful - the bellboy name Hwane was extremely helpful and so was the
- nice hotel conviniently located - I really enjoyed my staying there, friendly staff and nice r
- Nice hotel responsive staff - I had some wifi problems but the staff had their IT guy on i
- Nice hotel walking distance to the touristy areas - We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. It was my first time to v
- nice hotel with decent breakfast - location near BT market. Taxis are conveniently accessed any
- Nice hotel, good stay, friendly people - The Sanouva hotel was a great place to stay, as it it very n
- Nice hotel - Room was a bit small, but hotel was good value for money.Ver
- Nice. Clean. Comfortable Hotel -
- Our stay at the Sanouva - We were pleasantly surprised by the standard of the rooms fo
- Pleasant stay - The Sanouva Hotel is quite well located in District One of H
- Pleasent hotel, friendly staff.spotless rooms - The hotel is within walking distance to the markets and a fe
- Room was ok - Requested for a bigger room with window. It was the same typ
- Rooms are clean and nice. - Location of hotel is great. Near most sites and shopping.
- Saigon - I have stayed in tis hotel before and will do so again-in fa