Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (399)
March 03, 2013
Great hotel but not "bang for the buck"
The bed was amazingly comfortable, water was very hot, service staff was very helpful
March 01, 2013
Overall nice staying at this hotel. Hotel bed is comfortable.
February 16, 2013
Hotel with all the amenities needed, but not great
Free wifi, friendly bell service
The room has almost everything you'll need with free wifi, dvd player, quality L'Occitane amenities, but the bathroom is a bit dated. The room is also a bit dark and the purple color lamp shades do not give us a comfortable environment. Also the desk chair is too big and cannot be pushed inside the desk which often blocks the way between the desk and bed.
The gym facilities are sufficient.
The dining quality needs improvement. We tried breakfast at another hotel in Lam Son Square for US$6 more but the experience was much more impressive.
Overall the bell service team has been great during our stay.
On the day leaving the hotel, we had to check out the hotel around 4:30am. While the front office staff has called us a taxi to go to the airport, neither the front office staff or the concierge staff was at the door to help us with our suitacase or make sure that the taxi driver knows where we are going.
We've tried both the breakfast and room service at the hotel. It's okay if breakfast is included in your room rate, otherwise we would recommend going elsewhere for breakfast and not pay US$24 per person for it. You'll get better value for money elsewhere.
January 07, 2013
Great Hotel for Business or Holiday
We had an amazing srtay and we upgraded to the Sofitel Club which was really fabulous!
United States of America,
January 06, 2013
District 1 near the Zoo (farthest from Ben Thanh)
Very Western Hotel - moderately priced
Not sure what constitutes 5 star, but probably not 5 star in other big cities.
My stay was enjoyable. The doorman, concierge, and front desk all being very helpful.
The hotel is pretty far from the center of town, but very near the zoo and museum.
Families with older children
January 05, 2013
Great hotel with lovely staff
Reception service, bell boys services and driver services
My family and I had great room service and absolutely loved our rooms and how it was decorated. Spacious and clean. We appreciated the great service by reception, concierge and also bell boys and drivers at the Sofitel. We would definitely come back to stay in the penthouse suite again. The only negative was how I was treated by a waiter when I said I would sign at the kitchen reception desk installed of my table. He grabbed my shirt . I thought this was unnecessary as there would be no way I would not being paying the bill for the buffet. As side from that negative comment Sofitel was a wonderful place to stay and have already recommended hotel to family members and friends.
January 01, 2013
A standard Sofitel with great location
5 mins walk to the Cathedral and Central Post Office
We choose Sofitel because the fame and the great location near the sights. We have only 1day in HCMC for transit, so we choose the closest 5 star hotel to the Cathedral, it is Sofitel. Nice decorated, Fashion Style, Good scents, Nice touch, it is the kind of Sofitel we familiar with.
January 01, 2013
Close to the embassies, small room
The hotel is very close to the posh embassy quarter in Saigon, but the area itself is mostly void of any restaurants, coffees, bars due to this reason. So you will have to walk some distance to find these amenities if you do not want to dine in the hotel. The room is small, the shower in the bath tub will always leave water on the floor, but the room is quiet, even though it faces one of the busiest street in Saigon. The bedding felt a little bit damp, maybe due to the high humidity in Saigon. The swimming pool on rooftop is wonderful.
United States of America,
December 30, 2012
Great hotel, but WiFi spotty
The stay was very comfortable, and the gym was great
December 29, 2012
Good quality hotel with very friendly staff,
Great swimming pool on the roof which gets sun all day
We stayed in a couple of other hotels in Ho Chi Minh City and found that if the pool was not on the roof then you would on get sun for a fraction of the day. It is in close proximity to some of the better shopping centers of the city. Good size rooms with a great colour scheme which is a nice change from other bland hotel colour schemes.
Try and find a guide that can speak your language.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Sofitel Saigon Plaza Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City
- Beautiful hotel - Great place to stay if you're on a shopping trip, only 5 min
- disorganised - wifi not working in the room - rooms has virtually no recept
- embodiment of the sofitel hospitality - overall great experience as expected of the sofitel, but the
- excellent service, but rooms a little small - The concierge was a huge help when i found myself the unfort
- Execellent hotel - general all service are excellent, excellent food and clean
- Fantastic Hotel with great service - This hotel is fantastic. The location is great, the service
- good hotel & service . Nice pool. - Location a bit far for walking distance, but it's ok as taxi
- Good hotel in good downtown location - Classy hotel in excellent downtown location. Good bars and r
- Good hotel with nice memory - good location , most famous places are around this hotel so
- Good hotel, nice touch - good hotel in a good location. room size is large as are the
- Great club facilities, lovely Staff - Have to comment on the musicians in the Bar. Very pleasant s
- Great hotel but not "bang for the buck" -
- great hotel - given the very hot weather in Saigon, it was great to have a
- Great Locations, Luxury Features - We only stayed two nights which was not enough to enjoy the
- Great service and brilliant rooftop pool! - we really enjoyed our stay. staff are really professional an
- Great Stay at Sofitel Plaza Saigon - We stayed at the Sofitel Plaza in Saigon for three nights in
- Lovely Hotel - would be more appreciate if all rate could include breakfast
- nice hotel with a friendly staff - nice hotel situated in the centre of the city with a friend
- Nice Hotel, but a bit overpriced for the quality - The staff was very helpful and friendly, and provided great
- Nice stay in sofitel saigon plaza hotel - rooms are very clean, smells so good, wide not stiff. Its li
- not worth the money - it was a nice hotel.
- Restful beds in buzzing city - Front desk was busy and checking in took longer than usual.
- Sofitel Saigon Plaza Hotel - toilet WC flush system faulty and draining the whole night i
- Sofitel - I stay in Sofitel quite regularly actually all the time I tr
- very decent hotel and service - they have a nice size room, food is decent too, price for ro
- Vietnam Hotel Stay - Ho Chi Minh City -
- was ok - was ok all over nice hotel but to expensive for breakfast ch