Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
District 1 - Japanese Area
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
Families with young children
April 05, 2010
Ho Chi Mihn - district 1 hotel
Good location. 5 minutes taxi ride ($1-2) to attractions. Clean rooms, toilets and bed linen. Internet access. Value for money tour arrangements to Mekong Delta, Cu Chi.
We visited HCM in April 2010. We had booked a family room for 5 nights. The room was comfortable - one queen, one single and one extra bed accomodated all 4 family members. Clean toilets, bed linen. The hotel is located in District 1. About 30 minutes ride from the airport. The attractions are within 5-10 mins drive by taxi - Ben Tahn market, saigon cruise, notre dam, reunification place and war memororial museum. there are host of restraurants and bars in the vicinity - pizza hut, phu 2000 (vietnamese), coffee bean, and India restaurant. There are more than 10 japanese restaurants in the area. Spas and bars are abundant. The tours linked up with the hotel were value for money - we did mekong delta (full day) and Cu chi (half day). Overall enjoyable stay and recommended for budget travellers with family.
Very good location + good tour link up from the hotel.
April 05, 2010
good location not too noisy free wifi
April 03, 2010
Fine ok in fine location
Nice location not too far from anything and rather quiet
God location in a nice area close to all major large hotels and walking distance to many things. The service is good but hotel itself is just so so maybe that's a standard in HCMC.
Restaurant Ngon on Pestrer street is a must to visit in HCMC
March 31, 2010
Ho Chi Min Comfort
Efficient staff, nice breakfast, room was comfortable, bathroom great!
It was a short walk into the centre of the city and about a 20 minute walk to the Market Place. We found Ho Chi Min City to be much more modern and thriving than anywhere else we had been in Vietnam. There are coffee shop chains on nearly every corner, big department stores and we succumbed to dining at the Pizza Hut one night!! It was probably our least favourite place we visited. Our Hotel was comfortable and clean but I think we could have been in a better position, although I'm not sure where!
There is a fabulous restaurant called "Hoi An" a short walk from the Hotel. It was a bit pricey (cost us about $60) compared to what we were used to, but really lovely food and entertainment.
March 27, 2010
Hotel location is good and night time surrounding with a lot of restaurant include Japanese, Korean restaurant and there is a coffeebean just 30m away and is so convietnent, if you are looking for relaxing there is also quiest no of massgae center near by about 100m away and price is resonable, hotel are clean and staff can speak English food are ok overall is worth of money also most important for buiness there is free wifi haha!!
March 24, 2010
Ideally situated in the centre of HCMC, close to the waterfront, Cathedral and the old Post Office market, this small modern hotel was an a absolute gem of a find. it is also in the centre of HCMC night life.
The hotel is very modern and the room was adequate-but not large-in size but beautifully furnished with stylish furniture. The shower area was splendid with aver modern and refreshing shower, ideal after a day in the sun.
Breakfast was adequate and fulsome.
The staff all spoke English after a fashion and were very friendly.
I thought that this small modern hotel was a real gem of a find, located in relative close proximity to all the main areas that a tourist would wish to access by foot or taxi-and taxis are cheap in HCMC. The staff were most welcoming and helpful throughout our stay and the food was adequate.
The hotel is about 30-40 minutes by taxi from the airport with a fare of about 120 000 Vietnamese Dong (4GBP).
The hotel is ideally located for all tourist attractions.
Families with older children
United States of America,
March 18, 2010
A bit expensive for the money
Clean, convenient location, free internet
The hotel is in a good location, being 5-10 minute walk from the upscale shopping areas and the opera house. The hotel is clean and conveniently located next to many restaurants and an upbeat Irish pub, but not too close where the noise will be a nuisance.
One thing I didn't really like is the staff's lack of customer service orientation and lack of professionalism. At check-in, the front desk clerk took our passports and promised they were going to bring them up to the room, but they never did. Upon arriving in our room, we had expected (and paid for) two beds, but it only had one full sized bed. Granted, the bell boy called the front desk to see if we could be given another room with two beds, but the hotel was full and the situation was left at that. Also, we wanted to stay another night in HoChiMinh city, but the hotel was full. Usually, the staff would offer to find other hotels, but the Sophia hotel didn't offer any such service. Even more annoying, the front desk staff were loud, yelling at each other across the lobby at night. Other staff members were using the internet with their feet up on the tables or chairs.
United States of America,
March 15, 2010
Hideaway in Ho CHi Minh
location, clean, staff, included breakfast was good, knowledge of staff, transportation is easy to find, quiet
Hotel Sophia is a great hideaway in the city. There are pho stands nearby and small bars. The hotel is clean and the rooms are huge. The shower has great water pressure and lots of hot water. The room includes an extensive buffet breakfast and endless Vietnamese coffee. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. They can help book plane tickets and tours. It's easy to get transportation outside the hotel and it's very quiet. I can't wait to stay there again.
Excellent spa nearby that the staff can tell you about.
United States of America,
March 12, 2010
very good place to stay
It has very friendly staff and the bell people are the best.
I like the fact it is a small hotel and you will not have long lines. The rooms are clean and they have thought of everything from a tooth brush and a comb. The breakfast is not the best but this is not the USA. The bell people are the best and most helpful getting a cab and opening the doors for you
February 23, 2010
I have stayed her before and it was as fantastic as ever. The staff are really friendly and go out of their way to help you and it is in a brilliant location. The only cons I can think of are that the breakfast isn't the best and you have to time your shower carefully if you want hot ater
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Sophia Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City
- A good place to stay in Ho Chi MIn CIty - The Sophia is a reasonably priced hotel that is in a good ce
- A Nice Hotel for the Price - This hotel is a good choice if you are looking to save money
- Average service - I exnteded my staying with sophia because it was one of the
- awesome service and friendly staff!!! - Staff was very friendly and helpful. They asked us how our t
- Clean and small - Generally it is a good hotel at that price ,also most of the
- clean hotel - the hotel is clean and i liked their beddings, all in white.
- Convenient location - The room is good enough. Location is centre of the city and
- Disappointed. - I was very disappointed. I got in very late around midnight
- Enjoyed Our Stay at the Sophia - My wife (who is a native to HCM city) and I were very happy
- Experience at Sophia hotel . - Good stay as my friend's sister is staying around the corner
- First Visit to Ho Chi Minh - Would highly recommend this hotel to tourists and business t
- God hotel for the price - i stay here most times i am in ho chi minh. for the price th
- Good budget hotel - get what you pay for - We stayed in Sophia Hotel for 3 nights and everything went s
- Good centrally located hotel with value for money - staying here many times i am never disappointed . i watch th
- Good for a brief stay. Breakfast was not good - For short term is not bad, check in was easy and quick, stay
- Good hôtel clean and calm - Good rooms, calm, staf. Nice, breakfast ok.
And good wifi
- Good hotel, clean and well situated - Good hotel standard and reasonable location. Prices are comi
- Good location, clean room and friendly staff - sophia hotel is in a great location in district 1, close to
- Good location - Sophia hotel is reasonably priced, has a good location and i
- Good Service - โรงแรมสะอาด พนักงานอัธยาศัยดี บริการดี ทำเลที่ตั้งอยู่ใกล้แห
- Good Value for Money - Good value for money. Adequate amenities, good bathroom faci
- good value hotel - have been in this hotel several times. no complain, nice & c
- Great experience - Facilities wise, Sophia Hotel, though a 3 star hotel, can be
- Great for Families - Breakfast daily is toast, spreads, fried foods or pho. A gre
- Great location and value for money -
- Great location with fair price - The best thing about the hotel is its location, surrounded
- Great Location - I have now stayed at this hotel on two occasions and will al
- great value in hcmc - The Sophia Hotel is a great hotel for great value. The serv
- Ho Chi Mihn - district 1 hotel - We visited HCM in April 2010. We had booked a family room fo
- hotel in district 1 - staff was friendly and informative, walking to shops, bars a
- How do I rate hotel Sophia HCMC - The hotel's ground floor is rather attractive (the reception
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - it was so nice to stay there. the hotel was so clean and the
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - Room is small but very clean and environment is comfortable.
- Lovely Hotel - staff in the hotel were good.service was good too.hotel was
- Maiden Trip in Sophia Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City - The hotel is located in a central and easily accessible loca
- Nice Boutique Hotel - Once we got off the taxi to enter the hotel, we were glad to
- Nice Boutique Hotel - The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to various types of resta
- Nice hotel; nice view; poor service and breakfast - we enjoyed our stay in the sopjia hotel.
the room was clean
- NIce location - best thing of all, this 3 star hotel has a lift and we had a
- not the best location - Hotel was fine,staff ready and helpfull,but the location was
- OK hotel - We booked this hotel for 4 nights and we were initally happy
- recommended for short stay - We arrived around 2pm at hotel then we asked front desk for
- Sofia Hotel Stay - For one night stay in Ho Chi Minh, price is very good and st
- Sophia Hotel - fine - hotel clean and fine, couldn't find much better in this pric
- Sophia Hotel in Vietnam - A room was given on the 9th floor but in the lift the highes
- Sophia Hotel -
- Sophia Hotel -
- Sophia Hotel -
- Sophia Hotel - Great hotel for the cost compared to the bigger hotels in Di
- Sophia Hotel - I found the Sophia hotel to be worth the price. It was clean
- Sophia Hotel - Overall the hotel was in my price range the location was ver
- Tiny hotel - the hotel is located in a place known as the Japanese Quarte
- Value for money -
- Very central and clean hotel in Ho Chi Minh - We stayed 5 nights in this lovely hotel and really enjoyed i