Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
District 1 - Japanese Area
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
August 11, 2009
A good place to stay in Ho Chi MIn CIty
Good central location
Friendly and helpful staff
Free access to internet
The Sophia is a reasonably priced hotel that is in a good central location within the city and in walking distance to important sites such as Notre Dame Cathedral and Hotel De Ville. The room was comfortable and adequately furnished, and the breakfast included within the tarrif had a vatiety of Western and Asian foods. Recommended as a good place to stay on a moderate budget.
August 09, 2009
location, clean and nice bathroom
The hotel is located close to many bars and shops and a trip to the post office area or market is only 10,000 to 15,000 dong. The room is rather small with no in room safe but the bathroom is very modern. Security in the hotel is door and the doormen are very helpful and keen to assist. The front desk is effient and helpful. I enjoyed my stay at the hotel which was also my firdt trip to vietnsm
take a day trip to the mekong delta
August 07, 2009
Sofia Hotel Ho Chi Minh City
The Sofia Hotel is well positioned being only a 10 minute walk from the Ben Than Markets, Saigon Opera House and many tourist sights. The rooms although cramped were well furnished and comfortable. There is only 1 elevator so at times you can wait awhile to get between floors, however if you are unfortunate enough to be billeted on the ninth floor, there is no elevator and you need to alight/board at the eighth floor and manouvre a very narrow set of stairs which if you are wearing glasses can be daunting due to the humidity factor in the un air conditioned foyers.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Dont ask for milk with your tea and / or coffee as you will get sweetened condensed milk
August 05, 2009
My most pleasant stay in Vietnam
excellent location and very cosy, clean room, very friendly,helpful reception and staff though breakfast choice is very limited, you still have yogurts.
This was my most pleasant saty in Vietnam during these 16 days trip. We had visited 4 difference locations within Vietnam (two locations with 4 stars hotel but unpleasant experience, smelly room, limited hot water, etc) but stayed in Sophia hotel was the best experience. For sure I would stay at same hotel again and I would recommend to my friends.
Families with older children
July 30, 2009
Fantastic experience at Sophia.
Good location, new hotel, clean, nice staff, free 24 hrs internet, relatively cheap.
Relatively new hotel, less than 1 year. Room including bathroom is nice, clean with good bedding and bathing materials. Free internet is really a special benefit for our children who spent almost the whole evening there. Helpful hotel staff who was willing to give a ride to my son to a cake shop at midnight just before my birthday - so my son could give me a surprise. Location wise is good as we could find a lot of restaurant around the hotel. Other interesting places such as Cathedral, Ben Thanh Market etc are at walking distance. Price is acceptable, not expensive. Very convenience place to stay in Ho Chi Minh.
Pho 2000 (with their good coffee), Pizza and some other middle level restaurants.
July 30, 2009
Sophia - Safe clean and central in Saigon
The Sophia is a safe , clean and central hotel in HCMC District 1 and is well located for those who enjoy walking around the boutique shops and restaurants.
This was my second stay at the Sophia and I shall stay here again. My room was at the front of the Hotel on the 8th floor and was the largest room on oofer . Tehre was a spa bath in my bathroom and the bedroom furniture was dark teak French colonial style with matching dark timber doors and mouldings . The bathroom was very up market and little can be faulted except there was no carpet on the floor. THe Central Saigon area near the hotel has many good restaurants and boutiques . The staff are friendly and there is free internet in the lobby. I was not charged for late check out.
The Apocalypse Now Night Club is just one street away.
July 30, 2009
location was good for me. close to market and shops.
July 29, 2009
A good stay at a resonable hotel
Very helpful staff
Nice rooms (see below)
Our first room 807 was small but really nice although did need to change it for our 2nd and 3rd nights as there was a weird mechanical noise in the small, quiet hours that kept us awake. When I asked to change, they saw we were Agoda customer and gave us an upgrade. This new room (802) was bigger but the bathroom was nowhere near as nice. The breakfast needs improving.
Turn left out of the hotel, take the first left and the second Indian restaurant on the right (The Ganesh) was wonderful - probably the best we've ever had.
July 26, 2009
Sofia Hotel Siagon HCMC
The Hotel is in the Central area near the shopping and nightclubs . Having a touch of old world charm with dark timber furniture and solid core doors . The best rooms are at the front of the Hotel and are a good size. There is free internet in the dining room
I have stayed at the Sofia twice and like the ambiance of the place. It is within walking distance of the best shops and boutiques. At night the bars are busy and easy to get to including an Irish Pub just down the street. There are two girly bars on either side of the Hotel that do not intrude . The breakfast is included in the price of the room and is a basic buffet . The Sofia is a clean well managed and safe place with a happy feel about the place. I shall stay here next time I am in HCMC
There are a number of boutiques in the area selling hand made ladies dresses made in house and unique in all respects. I purchased a number of these dresses for my wife and daughter.
July 21, 2009
Helpful staff, good rooms, good breakfast, internet access.
We stayed here when we arrived in saigon. The hotel have a great location, just 3min from city centre. The staff are very helpful and smile all the time. The rooms are not bad also, but sometimes little bit noise outside the rooms, when staff are making up the rooms. Every taxi driver in saigon knows the street thai van lung and there are a taxi pickup place just outside the hotel. The staff at the reception desk speak very well English and Chinese.
Close to hotel, there are a great Irish pub with great beer and food. When you exit the hotel, return to left and first left again and you will see the bar.
There is also a great italian resturant at the same place with great italian pizza made in stone oven.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Sophia Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City
- A good place to stay in Ho Chi MIn CIty - The Sophia is a reasonably priced hotel that is in a good ce
- A Nice Hotel for the Price - This hotel is a good choice if you are looking to save money
- Average service - I exnteded my staying with sophia because it was one of the
- awesome service and friendly staff!!! - Staff was very friendly and helpful. They asked us how our t
- Clean and small - Generally it is a good hotel at that price ,also most of the
- clean hotel - the hotel is clean and i liked their beddings, all in white.
- Convenient location - The room is good enough. Location is centre of the city and
- Disappointed. - I was very disappointed. I got in very late around midnight
- Enjoyed Our Stay at the Sophia - My wife (who is a native to HCM city) and I were very happy
- Experience at Sophia hotel . - Good stay as my friend's sister is staying around the corner
- First Visit to Ho Chi Minh - Would highly recommend this hotel to tourists and business t
- God hotel for the price - i stay here most times i am in ho chi minh. for the price th
- Good budget hotel - get what you pay for - We stayed in Sophia Hotel for 3 nights and everything went s
- Good centrally located hotel with value for money - staying here many times i am never disappointed . i watch th
- Good for a brief stay. Breakfast was not good - For short term is not bad, check in was easy and quick, stay
- Good hôtel clean and calm - Good rooms, calm, staf. Nice, breakfast ok.
And good wifi
- Good hotel, clean and well situated - Good hotel standard and reasonable location. Prices are comi
- Good location, clean room and friendly staff - sophia hotel is in a great location in district 1, close to
- Good location - Sophia hotel is reasonably priced, has a good location and i
- Good Service - โรงแรมสะอาด พนักงานอัธยาศัยดี บริการดี ทำเลที่ตั้งอยู่ใกล้แห
- Good Value for Money - Good value for money. Adequate amenities, good bathroom faci
- good value hotel - have been in this hotel several times. no complain, nice & c
- Great experience - Facilities wise, Sophia Hotel, though a 3 star hotel, can be
- Great for Families - Breakfast daily is toast, spreads, fried foods or pho. A gre
- Great location and value for money -
- Great location with fair price - The best thing about the hotel is its location, surrounded
- Great Location - I have now stayed at this hotel on two occasions and will al
- great value in hcmc - The Sophia Hotel is a great hotel for great value. The serv
- Ho Chi Mihn - district 1 hotel - We visited HCM in April 2010. We had booked a family room fo
- hotel in district 1 - staff was friendly and informative, walking to shops, bars a
- How do I rate hotel Sophia HCMC - The hotel's ground floor is rather attractive (the reception
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - it was so nice to stay there. the hotel was so clean and the
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - Room is small but very clean and environment is comfortable.
- Lovely Hotel - staff in the hotel were good.service was good too.hotel was
- Maiden Trip in Sophia Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City - The hotel is located in a central and easily accessible loca
- Nice Boutique Hotel - Once we got off the taxi to enter the hotel, we were glad to
- Nice Boutique Hotel - The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to various types of resta
- Nice hotel; nice view; poor service and breakfast - we enjoyed our stay in the sopjia hotel.
the room was clean
- NIce location - best thing of all, this 3 star hotel has a lift and we had a
- not the best location - Hotel was fine,staff ready and helpfull,but the location was
- OK hotel - We booked this hotel for 4 nights and we were initally happy
- recommended for short stay - We arrived around 2pm at hotel then we asked front desk for
- Sofia Hotel Stay - For one night stay in Ho Chi Minh, price is very good and st
- Sophia Hotel - fine - hotel clean and fine, couldn't find much better in this pric
- Sophia Hotel in Vietnam - A room was given on the 9th floor but in the lift the highes
- Sophia Hotel -
- Sophia Hotel -
- Sophia Hotel -
- Sophia Hotel - Great hotel for the cost compared to the bigger hotels in Di
- Sophia Hotel - I found the Sophia hotel to be worth the price. It was clean
- Sophia Hotel - Overall the hotel was in my price range the location was ver
- Tiny hotel - the hotel is located in a place known as the Japanese Quarte
- Value for money -
- Very central and clean hotel in Ho Chi Minh - We stayed 5 nights in this lovely hotel and really enjoyed i