Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Hoi An Riverside
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (804)
August 23, 2011
Nice hotel, friendly staff, river location
Two swimming pools to choose from
loved this hotel, the staff were friendly. the location was a little bit out of town but had everything you needed within reach (laundry, tailor, bike hire and drinks to purchase on the street outside) and we enjoyed the walk into town, it was very safe. the hotel offers a boat ride into town but we didn't feel the need to use it. we did however hire a boat in town which took us down the river and the lady was happy to drop us back at the hotel afterwards.
this hotel offers two pools and there is a swim-up but it didn't seem to be in use which was a shame.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Free wifi - it seemed most of Vietnam offers this which is great!
August 23, 2011
Good location, friendly staff
Lovely location in nice gardens.
Rooms spacious but a little tired.
Breakfast bar needs some work.
Easy walk to restaurants and shops.
August 22, 2011
nice location at the river. Calm resort.
Strategic location, very quiet neighbourhood but only 5 min. walk to the attractions
Vinh Hung is a nice quiet resort near the river. There are two swimming pools and you can sit next to the river and relax.
Rooms are adequate, but there is a mouldy smell if you turn
off the aircon. Position of the aircon is not very good. The cold
air is facing you when you are in bed. I caught a cold there.
Breakfast is very nice and you can sit outside if weather allows.
Try their free afternoon snacks between 4 and 5 pm.
The Cargo Club is not the cheapest in HoiAn, but their pastry is even better than what you get in Europe. Also very good local food with very professional staff.
August 22, 2011
We really enjoyed this resort, staff friendly great facilities. Only negative was the bed was way to hard.
August 16, 2011
Good all-round hotel
Convenient and quiet location near the Old Town and friendly and helpful staff
Generally pleasant hotel - not outstanding value but not bad for Hoi An (one of the pricier towns in Vietnam) and its location close to the Old Town.
Don't bother renting a bicycle to cycle around the Old Town - it's pretty small.
August 15, 2011
Beware the "superior" garden view
On the plus side the location is good - a quite backstreet across the river just 10 mins walk from the centre of Hoi An. The pool area is lovely too.
However, what annoyed us most was having booked a "superior garden view" we were put in a room that you could just about make out a small pond from - but mostly you were looking straight at a wall opposite.
We queried this thinking that there must be a mistake but apparently this view was considered "superior". That said, there is no other level of view - so Superior Garden View is equal to the worst possible room that they have.
We felt a little ripped off by that. We're not daft - if they'd just called it Garden View we would have expected the worst.
Some other areas that weren't great - the breakfasts may have a great deal of choice but virtually none of it is good. Spam, plastic coated cheese, fatty undercooked bacon, dry cakes etc. By the third day we slept in and had a later brunch in town.
In addition our Superior Garden View room was above what must be akin to the janitor's cupboard. So once the domestic staff arrived at 6am it banged open and shut so many times that you are repeatedly awoken.
On the final day our flight back to Hanoi wasn't until 9 so we asked them for a late checkout. If they had just told us that the room was booked by someone else we would have accepted it - however instead they tried to charge us $10 for every extra hour we wanted to stay - despite the fact we had already registered our dissatisfaction with the room. In the end, after some negotations they kindly let us stay till three but we were forced to pay $30 to stay another three hours till six.
Some other small issues - chipped enamel to the point of a hole in the bath. Not something you'd expect of a hotel of this cost. Also on the final day there was a distinctly "pooey" smell as if the place was suffering drain issues.
Lovely setting - but not quite worthy of the price.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Be sure to absolutely clear what you want in advance. We booked month and months in advance and still got left with what must be the worst room in the place - facing a wall.
August 14, 2011
Awesome grounds and facilities
This hotel is a little hidden gem. It is out of the hub yet close enough to walk into town and enjoy the ambiance of Hoi An. The room was large and overlooking the very large swimming pool. They have free taste testing of local food every day which is really neat. Be warned that it also attracts families so if your not a fan of sitting next to the pool all day with kids jumping about then I would think twice about it. We were out most day's exploring so no issue for us as we were using the pool a lot later in the day and it was perfect.
I would recommend the walking tour out of the lonely planet however get up early and do it later in the day as there is no place to hide from the sun and heat along the way!
August 12, 2011
Position,pools,staff and grounds
We were 2 men on a golfing holiday and the room suited us perfectly. The grounds were beautiful and the pool was good for swimming laps or also just for cooling off after a day at golf. The room was very nice and above expectations for the price. The staff were very helpful and arranged transport to golf for us.
August 12, 2011
Afternoon market was great and the rooms were fantastic.
The staff were more than friendly, very helpful.
The only problem we had was the bed was very hard, but when we told reception they were very prompt at making it more comfortable. I would definitly stay at this resort again. It was perfectly situated and Hoi An is a magical place especialy at night. I highly reccomend the local eating alley tucked down the back of the main resturant street, on the same side of the river as Vinh Hung Resort. The most excellent food and very cheap!!
Make sure you bring any clothes designs with you. Excellent tailors and very cheap.
August 08, 2011
Our favorite resort in Vietnam
nice pool, lovely gardens, 3 min walk into town, or free boat
stayed here for 3 nights and had a great stayed. big clean comfy rooms, big pool, helpful staff, great little touches with free local food in the afternoons, so close to town, hoi an is lovely & would recommend staying here for best of both worlds!
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Vinh Hung Riverside Resort, Hoi An
- A great place to chill out from busy Vietnam - After having travelled through very busy parts of Vietnam, w
- Affordable, peaceful and comfortable stay. - Very good with helpful staff and an upgrade to a pool view,
- All good - The stay was very good. Clean rooms, nice messages left on b
- Amazing -
- an amazing place - an amazing place with really friendly staff in excellent sur
- Avoid this place in the rainy season - the hotel would have been lovely if it hadn't rained for 3 d
- Beatiful Report right on the river - Really nice resort on the rover front. Beautiful gardens an
- Beautifyl hotel - great hotel with spacious and clean rooms. staff were very f
- Best Located hotel for Old Town - This Hotel is only 4 minute walk to Japanese Bridge and fron
- Better than my previous visit - i stayed at this resort two years ago with another couple.
- Brilliant riverside location - Our double room was of generous proportions, reliable and fa
- Everything for the tourist - Owners are wonderful
Location on the river
Should have sta
- friendly staff - The resort is pretty run down even thought they have a great
- Good location, rooms need updating - Located just a few minutes walk from the old town centre: go
- Good rooms, nice pool. - The best greeting at reception from any hotel (8) that we st
- Good value for money friendly great location - The staff were very friendly and helpful. I had a great mas
- Good value for money - The hotel invited all guests to a free buffet dinner, fashio
- Goodl location for avid shoppers - This was our second time in Hoi An, and we decided on Vinh H
- Great hotel for a family, Good location - great hotel, one room had a slightly smelly drain but otherw
- great hotel, excellent location - We stayed longer than we planned, and were sorry to leave. W
- Great location and easygoing management - the hotel is in a very good location, near town center (five
- great location and good service from all staff - nice place on shores of the estury nive pool and bar. they
- Great location but disappointing room - The layout of the room was disappointing and not that attrac
- Great location by the river. - The best thing about this hotel is its location by the river
- Great location on the river and close to village - We loved the location as was only a short walk to teh villag
- Great location, great service - We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, the rooms were large an
- great location, lovely resort! - This was a lovely resort. It had 2 pools, one of which was q
- Great location, well run resort - The resort has a charming ambience and is a short walk & pea
- Great place - Friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast. Good rooms. Gre
- Great Resort,great service,friendly smiling staff - I have been to Hoi An 4 times in the last 3 years and have s
- great resort - I'm quite enjoy the time to stay in Vinh Hung Resort. It's s
- Just Great - We stayed here for 10days previously so what does that say.
- Lovely Hotel manager was especially attentive - Excellent hotel for the price would recommend it to anyone
- Lovely hotel on the river. Nice place - We'll come back in the hotel. WE had a bungalow with a river
- Lovely Hotel. Great Views. Friendly Staff - We loved it here this was our 5th trip to Hoi An but our fir
- Lovely outlook right by the river - This is such a nice area and this hotel is one of the best-g
- Lovely quiet hotel - the hotel is just a short walk into the center old old hoi a
- Lovely resort in good location - We had a great stay at this resort. The room was very big, c
- Lovely Resort - Enjoyable Stay here. Staff very friendly, food and drinks
- Nice hotel, friendly staff, river location - loved this hotel, the staff were friendly. the location was
- Nice Hotel, Great Location - Nice hotel, rooms are dark (which keeps them cool during the
- Oasis in the midst of traditional Vietnam - Not to be missed... Maybe not 5 star, but ambience, peace, a
- Outside gardens are a delight - the hotel is clean and the staff are friendly always eneadou
- Permanent traveller - Recammend this hotel to people who like spacious rooms and t
- rates highly - surprisingly this turned out to be the 'find' of our vietnam
- Relaxed hotel close to center - The room, though spacious, was very humid. Because of the co
- Relaxing hotel in lush, riverside surroundings - Couldn't fault this hotel and would recommend it to travelle
- Secluded and Posh Hotel - it's a wonderful place to stay near the center of hoi an wit
- Staff great, resort needs updating - we were in the deluxe river view room and had to change room
- superb hotel , high quality both hotel and service - Very welcoming place, 3 min walk to Center , quiet beautiful
- Very nice traditional hotel - We loved this hotel it is traditional with modern facilities
- Very pleasant stay very accomdatin staff - After hearing about renovations we were a little wary, howev
- Vinh Hung Resort - Would stay there again in a heartbeat! Very pleasant enviro
- Vinh Hung - min. 50 words
The outside area is nicely maintained; howe