March 21, 2012
Overall a good experience
We have booked a 3-day romantic package, staying in the Deluxe Pool Suite in March.
- Hotel has kindly arranged a room in block 9 for us as we have requested. The view of the room is great, just in front of the Karon beach and very near the main pool.
- We loved the range of pools they offer esp the lazy river, having spent quite a lot of time there. The adult pool is separated from the main pool area and offers great view and privacy.
- They offer free hotel Shuttle to Patong, departing hotel 2pm and 5pm daily and return from patong 5:30pm (at Big C gate of Jungcelyon). Reservation is required.
- Location of hotel is good, just in front of the end of Karon beach. Its a bit away from the busy area, giving the hotel more privacy. Walking to Karon main street along the beach is not far, about 10-15min. But be aware there is a small river (no bridge a/v) running across the beach - during high tides you will need to walk through the water to gain access to the main part of the beach and main street. I don't think its safe to walk along the road to main Karon area, there is no pedestrian path in the segment near hotel.
- Our own private pool's water is too cold for us even during daytime, we didn't really use it. It is much better in the public pools.
- We expect we have access to 'The Club' as the hotel's website mentioned 'The Club lounge access and facilities are included for this room type.' Sadly we were informed after our arrival that this is not applicable to our romantic package.
- In-room wifi is not free but price is affordable (B300 for 3 days unlimited access). I believe the wifi at 'The Cove' (where breakfast is held) is free.
- Choice of dinner within hotel is relatively limited, with only 2 restaurants: an Italian restaurant and another offer Buffet / a la carte menu. The cost is fair (~ for buffet) and there is a short ~40min show daily at 8pm except Sunday
- Room is relatively small
Hotel charge B1500 for a car to airport. One may book from local agents in Patong/Karon which charge about only.
Block 9 has a much better view then 6-8.
Families with young children
March 16, 2012
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
Stay was pleasant. There was a wide variety of choice at the breakfast buffet. Pastries were excellent and baked on the premises - you could see them coming out of the oven. Staff at the Luna bar were polite and courteous and informed us that we could order from their different restaurants and eat at the bar, instead of having to move to the restaurant.
The pool and slide area was great for the young children. My children loved it as it provided different depths for each child's swimming abilities. There were plenty of sun loungers around the pool area but they were very tightly packed in, thus making it difficult to move in or out of the shade. Also, being a non-smoker you was always inhaling second hand smoke from other guests nearby.
The hotel location was fantastic as it was literally a hop across the road to the beach - the road being hotel property, so there was no fear of being knocked down by some speeding motorist. The sun loungers on the beach were not hotel owned and are available for rental from the vendor at a minimum charge. In the evenings, you could pop down to Karon or up to Patong for dinner - the hotel provided a taxi service.
The room was adequate for 2 adults and 2 children - the two youngsters (4yrs & 8yrs old) shared a bed. The room hadn't been used for a while, so was dustier than expected but the room was clean overall. We had a great view of the hotel complex and out towards the sea, unfortunately we didn't have any cushions for our chairs, so was unable to utilize the balcony area properly. My only whinge is with housekeeping and reservations - we had to ring every night for for extra towels because they only provided enough for 3 people, when we had occupancy of 4; reservations department did not reply to any of my email regarding airport transfer to/from the hotel.
Overall, we had an enjoyable stay and the hotel provided for our specific needs.
March 4, 2012
Lovely hotel with beach front
Location is very good..nice swimming pools
Great hotel in a great location..right on the beach
Food was great, Pools were great.
The room value for money is not very good, you would expect a better room, definitely larger size
Visit the Karon Market..Karon Temple.. Kata beach..
Make your way to chalong to visit the Chalong temple and the Big Buddha
February 23, 2012
The swimming pool and Breakfast
disappointed upon arrival with our shower not having cold water and our spa not working properly. the light in the entrance was broken as well as the phone, however after management sorted our room problems 2 hours later we were pleased to be moved to another room.
despite the above the hotel made up for all of this with the numerous swimming pool, water slides, lazy lagoon and launching platform.
if looking for a hotel that has an amazing pool defiantly stay here.
February 8, 2012
Nice hotel but a bit old
Big 3 swimming pool, great location on karon beach, very quite hotel for couples and families,big resort
-every thing was nice but needs more caring and attention as it is an old building ,
-the restaurant has very delicious food and great service.
-the staff are very helpful.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Huge resort on amazing location
February 6, 2012
Lovely hotel and service with a smile
best features of the hotel
the area is really nice, full of natural feeling the overall is good where hotel's services meet general standard as well as the hotel cleanness.
Families with young children
February 3, 2012
nice room & swimming pool
Nice hotel especially their swimming pool and kid's part, my little boy had a very happy time there. The stuff in kid's garden very nice.
Beautiful room but service need improve...anyway,it's a better choice in phuket.
February 2, 2012
Hotel with nice beach
Sea view, beach, breakfast
Rooms are bit small , taxi to other locations very expensive. But if u like to just enjoy the sea and beach it a very good hotel.
Families with young children
February 1, 2012
Great location,beautiful hotel
very impressed.best place for kids. the room was well-maintained with beautiful ocean view.staff are very polite.the water slide, lazy river and jumping rock ... my children really enjoyed there.but it is a little far away to patong and airport and few shuttle bus to patong
January 31, 2012
Secluded but convenient!
nicely located in north end of Karon beach, the bath-tub in the balcony was awesome!
We're very happy about the quiet location of our hotel. It's still within walking distance to the Karon beach town. Resort is quite well-equipped. The bath tub in the balcony is really quite special.
If you don't want to spend the money to get the hotel restaurant food, right next to this hotel, there are some local restaurants. We enjoyed the meals there a lot!