March 11, 2014
This resort is heaven on earth!
Nature, calmness, luxury, fine food, spa
This resort is out of normal categories. If you are romantic, like nature, fine food, calmness and a great spa, this is the right place!
The luxury of this resort is the unique landscape and the immense space.
December 25, 2013
United States of America,
July 4, 2013
excellent healthy food, beautiful location, calm atmosphere
Very nice. They didn't have the Agoda reservation for the first night -- they were accommodating and gave us a nicer suite.
May 5, 2013
Nice garden superb nature
April 29, 2013
Amazing place for total relaxation
Thrilled landscape and views, absolute privacy, lovely place
Families with older children
December 26, 2012
Heaven on earth!
Intelligent and intuitive service, good classes and fantastic views of Ubud's nature
We stayed here over the Christmas holidays and were treated to an excellent stay by the warm and accommodating staff of Como Shambhala. Everything from the complimentary activity schedule, well-stocked library, health-conscious food and sprawling hotel grounds were excellent. I can't think of a better place to unwind. Como Shambhala definitely lives up to its well-deserved reputation as the best place for a retreat in Ubud.
December 20, 2012
in the jungle
beautiful nature view surrounded by trees, flowers.. and great activity programs
The hotel was located deep deep in Ubud, only surrounded by nature (huge trees, flowers, waterfall, river..) Great place for relaxing and healling. forget about everything in real life and you can just enjoy the nature while staying in the hotel. Activity programs the hotel has were great too. i did morning walk, Pillates and biking and all were really wonderful. The food was great and people were friendly and nice. One thing i felt unconfortable was the only transportation you can use is a taxi so, every time you wanted go out, you have to call a taxi and wait for around 30 mins and the taxi fare was not cheap in Ubud.
November 15, 2012
Excellent butler service, impeccable location, healthy food, varied activities
1) My personal assistant was a delight. She never failed to be there to schedule massages and activities for me as well as remind me about my schedule for the day.
2) All the staff working were really friendly and always offered their help when needed.
3) I went to the monkey forest and was driven by the estate driver. He escorted me to the monkey forest and walked with me to gave me a tour. Being a balinese, he was always willing to impart knowledge about his culture.
1) Located in the village, the estate is smack in the middle of the forest. You wake up to fresh air and go to bed with the sounds of cicadas. To me, I much prefer the forest than the beach. It felt like I was in peace and closer to nature.
2) Morning walks to the common areas were excellent. Because of the vegetation, it was always cool. Maintenance of the trees and bushes by the staff made sure that the place was always neat and clean.
3) The estate is secluded which brings quietness. My room was very private and gave me the space I needed
1) I was on the cleansing program. I met with the consultant and she put together a special diet for me. For 2 days, I was eating clean food and juices. Even if you are not on the cleansing program, the menu at the restaurants are extremely healthy. (vegan, gluten-free, low sugar, etc) Some of the dishes there are the vegan buckwheat pumpkin pancakes and warm salad with grilled mushrooms. Also, their juices are all fresh and are helpful with detox.
1) I tried the aqua therapy. It is basically doing aerobics and stretches in a warm pool, a short and brief exercise which is doable for anyone. After aerobics and stretches, you get on jet spa chairs which help with blood circulation. The spa (chairs) targets areas like, calves, abs, back, feet and the entire body. I signed up for canyoning which was a once in a lifetime experience.
Overall experience was excellent and I WILL go back ther
Ubud is more sightseeing than partying. Clubs/pubs close at 11pm which is not ideal for party goers.
October 26, 2012
Great Location and suitable for business purposes
Feel the jungle evolution
The customer service is marvelous. Rooms are very suitable for family and also for business trip.
May 25, 2012
hotel grounds, food, massages
-Wonderful and efficient pre-arrival communication through email
-Extremely friendly staff & butlers that will do all they can (and beyond) to give you the time of your life
-All the different hotel buildings are very impressive (give the feeling of a palace in the jungle), but the grounds are even more stunning : you can make very nice walks down the gorge through the beautiful rainforest, and you have to relax at the pools below the hotel (the view and setting will take your breath away)
-The rooms, located in private residences (with pools) that you share with others, are very nice. Style is authentic Balinese. Do not expect a hip or trendy room, but who would want that in Bali.
-The spa was wonderful and the treatments great (do not leave this property without a massage)
-Food (dinners): the best (and healthy) food I ever enjoyed during a hotel stay (and I do have some experience with stays at luxurious hotels, so this statement means a lot).
-Hotel is about 15 minutes from Ubud. It would have been wonderful though if the hotel would offer free transportation to Ubud to overcome its isolated location.
-No matter how much I was impressed by the dinners, I was underwhelmed by the breakfasts. It was the only hotel in Bali that we stayed where we could not choose whatever we wanted (choice is limited, and you can only choose one hot platter). I left the breakfast table with hunger.
-There are some (harmless) wildlife & bugs present at the Estate. Remember that you are in the jungle. We encountered snakes near our room on several occasions. Pretty scary, but on the other hand, it was a blessing that we got to see these creatures. I just mention it since the wildlife may freak out some (although I enjoyed it a lot).