March 22, 2013
Nice Place but difficult to go there without a car
peaceful , relax place, good for couple
This is a nice and peaceful hotel resort. but quite far from ninh binh. about 30-40min by taxi about vnd50,000. massage to me so so. but the staff cannot little or no english. If u want do mud spa. need to call to book 1/2day in advance. resturant serve the food quite slow. better to place the order before hand.
Families with young children
December 15, 2012
out in the middle of nothing. In nice weather probably this would be nice
We arrived a late evening. Due to a party for the workers at the hotel it was not possible to have dinner.
The next morning it was not possible to have breakfast as they were having "hang over " after the party.
The pool was not working either
We were the only guests at the hotel as i was off season.
An awful experience.
Luckily we could get 2 min. noodles from the minibar and leave again the day after.
I do not know if the golf here is good. In such case go for one day, or bring your own food as the rooms are not too bad
November 21, 2012
Wished we had stayed inside Cuc Phuong NP instead
Pleasant grounds, in-room Wi-Fi (but weak signal)
We booked this hotel for the purpose of visiting nearby Cuc Phuong National Park. In retrospect, we wished we had stayed at the bungalows inside the park instead for convenience.
Pleasant grounds, in-room Wi-Fi (but weak signal)
- We struggled with the resort to obtain daily transportation to nearby Cuc Phuong NP at reasonable costs. The resort charged $10 USD per day for bicycle rentals (for a faulty bike) and tried to charge $20 USD for a moped rental via a local who himself only wanted $5/day (seemingly the standard rate).
- The resort quoted $110 for a private car back to Hanoi but we had our hotel in Hanoi arrange a private car pickup for the 130 km back to Hanoi for $75 USD. Note, the park headquarters office quoted a private car back to Hanoi for $75-80 USD.
- The resort restaurant is more like a run-down cafeteria, serving limited and basic Vietnamese dishes. The food was below-average, while prices were quite high by Vietnamese standards. At times, the restaurant was not staffed with any English-speaking person.
- The room was musty in smell; opening windows was a must.
- The room had thin walls, so it can be very loud if neighbors are vocal, like late-night tv and/or like long chats on their porch.
- The room's bathroom was basically a closet with a toilet; there was a shower head next to the toilet but no separate shower stall. Worst of all, after use of the shower, the entire room smelled of sewage.
- To have time and energy to properly explore the park trails,it is best to have a moped, as the main park road is 20 km long (mostly uphill).
- If visiting the park is the main objective then try arranging rooms at the park itself; this would alleviate the transport issues/struggles mentioned above.
United States of America,
June 15, 2012
Beautiful resort but a bit removed
Although it was a long taxi ride here from Ninh Binh, it was well worth it. The bungalow was very cute and had a wooden tub in it where you could bathe in mineral spring water. There was a full on spa, swimming pools, pool tables, karaoke, a restaurant- everything. Mostly Vietnamese tourists. Potentially very romantic.
Cuc Phuong National Park is very close by and fun to explore.
March 5, 2012
Very peaceful, attentive service
Rural environment, massages, lovely staff
Cuc Phuong Hotel should be listed as the Cuc Phuong Resort and Spa (it's correct name). We organised a driver from Hanoi Airport to take us direct to the pooperty in the Ninh Bihn district. The dricer dropped us at the Cuc Phuong Hotel - about 20 km away and when we realised we were at the wrong property we arranged for a taxi to find the correct property - which created confusion until we got him to call the resort for directions.
Once we arrived we were delighted withe the property. It is very open and quiet with its own vegie gardens, golf course and facilities for conferences. It also features a large heated swimming pool with massage jaets and massages at good prices.
The food is good and service friendly and attentive.
The resort is about 4km before Cuc Phuong National Park (a good reference to give to drivers who don't know the resort's location). The park is worth a half day trip.
We arranged a day trip through the resort and were considerably overcharged (when we later discovered the going prices). Also our driver didn't speak English. When we visited the national park the next day, we discovered we could arrange a driver through them at reasonable prices - but try to get an English speaking driver. We used them to transport us to Ninh Bihn Railway staion about an hour away.
Overall a good hotel to chill out in and be pampered for say two days max.
July 5, 2011
Out in the middle of nowhere...
Beautiful place with all comfort of a 4 star hotel - but far away from sightseeing highlights
- nice place and surrounding
- very corteous service - but we were the only guests (!?)
- no kitchen service for dinner
- to Tam Coc caves appr. 45 minutes by taxi
February 4, 2012
Eiskalte Raeumlichkeiten, unprofessioneller Servic
Lage (nahe des Nationalparks)
LBei 16 Grad draussen waren alle Raumlichkeiten unterkuehlt und unbeheizt. Unter diesen Bedingungen mden Gaesten eine teueren Massage anzubieten, bei der man von einer erkateten Mitarbeiterin im eiskalten Raum massiert wird, ist eine Frechheit. Nach der Haelfte der Zeit habe ich die Massage abgebrochen, musste trotzdem die volle Leistung bezahlen. Das Abendessen war leider weniger als mittelmaessig zu in Vietnam ziemlich teueren Preisen. Das Personal ist nicht fuer Service ausgebildet und spricht kaum Englisch.
Families with older children
May 1, 2011
경치가 좋은 호텔
아이들과 함께 즐길수 있는 공간이 많아서 좋았음
아고다 홈페이지에 cuc phuong hotel이라고 이름이 나와있지만 정작 그 이름의 호텔은 다른 호텔이었다. 아고다에 있는 호텔 이름은 cuc phuong resort & spa이었고 전화번호도 나와 있지 않아서 찾아가는데 힘들었다.
하지만 직원들이 친절했고 새로 지은 것이라 깨끗하고 침실도 스위트룸으로 업그레이드 해줘서 넓게 잘 썼다. 방갈로 타입의 호텔이라 밖의 정원과 경치가 좋았다. 탁구대와 실내 수영장 골프 연습장 파3홀이 있어서 리조트 안에서 시간을 보내기에 아주 좋았다. 침구나 다른곳은 께끗 했는데 바닥은 청소한지 오래된 느낌이라 좀더 신경써서 청소를 했으면 하는 마음이 있었다.
December 30, 2012
Nhân viên nhiệt tình - vị trí gần rừng quốc gia
Tooi thích nhất bể bơi nước nóng trong nhà. Với dàn vòi massage thật tuyệt
Thích hợp với các gia đình, các cụ già, khuôn viên yên tĩnh
December 23, 2012
Ổn, chúng tôi sẽ còn quay lại. Chúng tôi thấy đây là một trong những resort tốt nhất miền Bắc
Hotel Feature Tip:
Nên tới đây vào giữa mùa hè hoặc chính giữa mùa đông