7. märts 2014
relaxing in beautiful surroundings
superb gardens, diving, friendliness and efficiency of staff
a wonderful relaxing holiday with good food and lots of superb adventures nearby.
24. veebruar 2014
Relaxing, quiet and comfortable stay
Kayaks, Easy access to ocean, nice rooms
- Food is reasonably priced (despite the many reviews stating differently), as a main dish varies between 200 and 450, which is I think is in line with most resorts in Phils.
- On the other side, drinks are extremely expensive!! and mostly more expensive than what you would pay in US or EU... Coke/Sprite is priced 80 pesos (which is the cheapest drink they offer!), which you can also buy in the stores in the neighboorhood for about 10 to 13 pesos. I recommend the food, but make sure you have your own drinks with you.
- Swimming pool, garden and room comfort: very nice! (tv also has all channels)
- WIFI: Most resorts in Phils struggle with this aspect and Turtly Bay is one of them. If you have work to do or emails to check..better make sure you have alternative ways to connect.
- Kayaks for rent at 100 pesos per hour: ok
- We did not dive, so no feedback on that from us
- Nice bar
- Terrible service during breakfast. Staff is mostly making jokes and laughing in the kitchen. There were 4 rooms occupied during our stay and they were 4 staff to serve the breakfast. Still, after half an hour waiting, they cam back to go through our order (which is 3 choices basically) because they forgot what we ordered. Then they bring the food in 6 or 7 steps, where they again forget a lot of stuff and then, when I ordered pouched egg (which is one of the choices on their menu), they brought fried egg.
- The person to go to with ALL your questions is Randy, the security guard. He is aware of everything and can help you also with kayaks and transportation. Thumbs up for this stand-up guy! Rest of the staff is a little bit helpless.
Pered suuremate lastega
1. jaanuar 2014
a very relaxed, quiet and casual family run hotel
friendly owners and employees, good dive shop and quiet surrroundings
We truly enjoyed this place and celebrated a nice New Year's party down at the dive jetty.
Very good and attentive divemasters, well equipped dive shop. A great experience!
Service in the restaurant slow at times, but very friendly staff!
30. detsember 2013
Amazing snorkeling in front of the hotel
snorkeling, swimming pool, food
We stayed at Turtle Bay Dive Resort for 2 days. Dive shop is very professional and not particularly more expensive than other places. It is very easy to go diving but also snorkeling and you can see amazing turtles just in front of hotel. During the day the hotel is very quiet most of the people go diving and either swimming pool or beach are really enjoyable. Rooms are big and clean. The BF is a bit disappointing and could be improved. Staff are vey helpful even though the service especially for lunch & diner can be very slow (at least one hour wait but you can pre order). But very smiley always ready to help to arrange the best for you. We will definitely recommend and go back to Turtle Bay Resort.
4. september 2013
Lovely dive holiday
Awesome dive crew, accommodating staff,
Considering that our sole purpose to Moalboal, Cebu was to dive and to visit the whale shark at Oslob, Turtle Bay Dive Resort proved to be a good, albeit relatively pricey, place of accommodation during our 5-night stay.
The accommodation at Turtle Bay is clean and adequate, the furnishing basic and functional. A good point to note though is that their qualifiers for rooms with a sea view is quite a stretch; I think there's only one villa with a proper sea view. The property is rather spacious, with plenty of room for kids to run around and the pool is sufficient.
There aren't much choices for breakfast so best not be fussy. That said, the rest of the food offerings at the resort need dire improvement. Many of our meals were overpowered with lashings of salt. We were diving 3-4 times daily and it didn't make sense to head out for lunch, hence we had to dine in almost all afternoons. The staff were most accommodating though. As we were lazy to get out of our wet wetsuits in between dives and we're not allowed to dine in the restaurant with our wet wetsuits, the staff indulged our request to have our meals in the garden cabana. On the night when we ended our diving late with a night dive and had to wake up early for our Oslob whale shark diving expedition, they even managed to work out with a local pizza place to have pizza delivered for our dinner so we could save the hassle of going out of the resort.
The resort's location meant we were close to many interesting dive sites; the house reef especially is spectacular during nightfall. The dive team at Turtle Bay were exemplary and fantastic, and were able to accommodate to the diverse range of diving skills of our entourage.
Apart from the bad food and my biggest pet peeve that they don't provide complimentary bottles of water for guests, our stay at Turtle Bay Dive Resort was a pleasant one, made memorable by some awesome diving experiences.
Pered suuremate lastega
9. juuli 2013
Dive Instructors, Staff Friendlyness, Clean Resort
This is the "off" season for dive resorts in Moalboal, where normally everything is running at half speed, but the staff on hand were plentiful, helpful and smiling. The two young (well compared to me they were young) dive instructors were helpful, their English was perfectly understandable, and they were very patient with my two sons (11 and 16)
Pered suuremate lastega
United States of America,
30. aprill 2013
great dive sites and dive guides.If you want a quiet and relaxing dive vacation stay in this hotel.
United States of America,
16. märts 2013
Comfortable room, Close to the ocean, dive shop on site
13. märts 2013
comfortable and pleasant
very pretty landscape, huge room and great breakfast
17. veebruar 2013
Really disapointing stay.
The setting is lovelly and the snorkelling was great
The stay at turtle bay was really disappointing. our stay was the third hotel in in the Philippines in 3 weeks and without doubt the worst.
The place looks lovely but once you get under the surface there are not enough staff and those who are there are lovely but in-experienced, poorly trained and poorly managed.
We arrived and were told no drinks were allowed to brought into the hotel, not even a bottle of water only to find the hotel had prices double what any other hotel or bar chooses.
We had insects in our room a couple of times and the receptionist and barman on duty came to help but surely a hotel with 30 odd rooms needs more than 2 staff on site.
The worst incident was when the buffet breakfast had been left out uncovered for 2 hours and when we went for breakfast the meagre left-overs it was covered in ants. We pointed this out to the staff who said they would deal with it and make us some fried eggs. A couple of minutes later the waitress came to our table with a plate of sweet sugared buns. On noticing the ants crawling over the supposedly fresh buns it became very obvious that is was the same ant infested buns as before.
The owner was sat at the breakfast bar eating his breakfast during the ant incident and did nothing at all to assist or apologize.
The room we were in was a more expensive sea-view deluxe. I think the way the cupboard under the sink disintegrated and the housekeeping staff missed our room on the first day the room is rarely used. It may be down to the very poor noise isolation to the adjacent room. You can hear 'everything' that goes on.
As I already mentioned the drinks were over priced as were the food and the prices for transfers and taxis were all similarly hoked.
In summary we would never stay here again and would recommend our friends also avoided it
If you find your self stuck here nip through the side gate and eat at the lovely dutch dive resort next door.