the hotel which we booked and paid for was closed. we had to stay elsewhere for 2 days as no one was there. the hotel was the worst hotel ever. i cannot express how bad it was. some of the things:
-the entrance was unlit, dark, dirty, overgrown, with broken tiles, worn paint, slippery tiles full of slime and rubbish everywhere.it was dark all the way to reception,muddy and dangerous.there were no residents.
- the hotel lobby was filthy dirty, broken fountain, abandoned pool table, worn furniture, dog in reception, men working in reception, no signs.
- the hotel had holes in the ceiling, electrical wires exposed, missing light fittings, piles of rubbish, damp areas and peeling paint on walls.
- there were no facilities at all that worked, no gym, café, restaurant, bar or wifi, or usable tennis court.
- the pools were basically a swamp - green, full of algae, with slimy, broken tiles and no pool furniture.
- nothing on the website looked like it was.
- piles of waste visible in open cupboards and in corners.
- dirty wet patches, holes in wall, no light fitting. rusting stair rails. everything seemed old and worn.
- the room had no hot water, there were regular power cuts, no fridge or tv for 50% of the time, no a/c most days, no tea-making facilities and dirty stains on the floor, walls and ceiling.
- the bathroom was never cleaned whilst i was there and constantly smelt of drains.
- curtains old and worn.
- dirty and stains on everything.
i cannot express how completely and utterly disappointed we were with the hotel. even if the hotel was upgraded there are so many things wrong with it, it would still seem bad.
we visited other hotels in the area for a similar price you can get a clean and tidy, presentable hotel, with facilities that work and is actually open.
please do not even if its states it has been upgraded book at this hotel. this hotel needs to be closed and literally rebuilt. it ruined our holiday.