July 16, 2014
Staff are not flexible. Their English are poor.
Internet break down, food are over cook. No medical people around if you faint.you are on your own.
Families with young children
July 15, 2014
Great for family with young kids
location, amenities, cleanliness
Our stay at Meeru Island was great! The location is not too far from the airport so it doesn't require a sea plane to reach the hotel. It offers a few amenities that is child friendly. However, there are areas in the resort that's for adults only - which I am aware of - but I hope the resort made it a non-smoking area so families with small kids have no problems sitting anywhere. The staff weren't as friendly as well. When we make inquiries or point out a mistake, they would cut you out mid-sentence and make some sort of excuses. We also encountered a rude staff who told us that the area is for adults only (we weren't aware it was) in a rude way.
Other than the above mentioned, we enjoyed our stay. The rooms were kept clean and there were other things to do at the resort to keep your kids entertained.
July 14, 2014
July 14, 2014
nice island good amenities staff very friendly
easy location from airport nice size island
well looked after all staff very freindly good choice of restruants and meals and things to do , would recomend to first timers , no house reef but snorkling trips each day to nearby reef
July 13, 2014
Cheap Price and the place is not good as i think
Cheap Price, Good Travel, food much
July 9, 2014
Excellent value. Beware of what all inclusive is.
Pools, water villas, food
Overall this was an excellent stay, and we would return to this
We had the all inclusive plus plan (AIP) for meals and beverages.
The AIP includes unlimited bottled water in each room for the. When
we went to the dining room to eat, we asked for bottled water, and
instead of getting the "house" plastic bottle, factory sealed, we
were served what was water in a glass bottle, apparently filtered
on site. We ended up just bringing a litre bottle of water from
our room to the dining room for each meal.
The AIP also includes one wind surfing lesson, "unlimited" use of
the kayaks, and one sunset tour by boat. The sunset
tour does not operate every night, and is subject to last minute
If your tour is departing the same day as you register for it using
the self-service kiosk, count on your reservation being lost. You
need to talk to someone to get on the same day list, and then you
need to come back later to make sure you are still on the list.
Similarly the free wind surfing lesson is not daily, more like twice
When we went use a kayak, we were told only two hours a day is free.
The food in the buffer style main dining rooms was superb. There
was something different each day, and American, Mexican, European,
Indian, and East Asian cuisine was always available. Lots of fresh
fruit which we ate without getting sick.
We mostly stayed in the over the water jacuzzi villas which are lovely.
The non-jacuzzi water villas are actually just on the beach. The
so called beach villas are far inland, and might have a view of the
The outdoor bathroom in the over the water jacuzzi villa was quite
private, unlike the outdoor bathroom in the beach villa. The over
the water jacuzzi villa was bug free, but outdoor bathroom of the
the beach villa (we stayed an extra night due to weather) was
crawling with bugs.
The free internet is abysmally slow.
July 8, 2014
Wonderful and enjoyable stay. Value for money !!!
Friendly staff, good service, great room facilities
It was a wonderful experience. I could see many beautiful fishes around my water villa. The cocktail drinks were nice. The food was good, with limited variety though.
The free sunset cruise was one of the highlights. We saw a group of wild dophins swimming in the ocean. It made our day!!!
July 8, 2014
poor services, poor communication & poor attitude
too quite till the hotel staff do not want to provide services and be disturb...
1. Poor wifi connection, although is free wifi usage. you have to await for at least 5 mins to load up one page, then Meeru website arrived with options of fastest speed at US$5 for 2 hrs usage or US$20 for 24 hrs usage.
2. Bicycle rental at US$5 per day, Bicycles condition are bad, no brakes, no balancing and worst the POOR attitude of the person-in- charge are rude. As if we owe him a living or took up their rest time if we rental bicycle from them.
3. Asking for assistance to drain off the existing jazzuzi water, as it had collects leafs, dirt and many other particles, it took them 3 hrs to respond to my request
4. I had pay a premium for 'all inclusive' room, but the house keeping do not top up the room bar drinks provided some one in their house keeping verify the number of bottles drink been consume and you sign for it, or else if they do not verify, you will not be able to get top up the room bar
5. I went to gift shop to purchase two tooth brushes and tooth paste, even you may pay for the room! the gift shop keeper was rather rude and sound loudly asking for my room number to charge the bill to my room, as if i am asking complementary tooth brush from them.
6. i had provided my flight information on the agora order list, my flight was 11.20 pm, strange enough, they placed me at 2.30pm ferry to airport terminal and expects me to wait for my flight for 8 hrs...Told me that, that is agora, nothing got to do with them..After several requested from two different reception office for help, then they penalised that i did not inform them that i will required a extended room for half a day till 6pm, which i had mention to on the first day of my arrival, looks like they do not communicate among the receptions and put me in a fix and given me all the blames. Thanks to them...Finally i pay another us$95 and us$100 to resolved the issues.
June 29, 2014
Had a lovely vacation. Everything is just amazing!
Staffs are very nice and helpful. We love the food, It was so good contrary to the negative reviews that ive read about the food in Meeru. The windward side of the island is the perfect place to take a nap and the leeward side is best place to swim! There are lotsa variety of fishes under our villa,, we saw stingray, eagleray, blacktip sharks, even squids! Photos can't give justice to the beauty of this island. It is paradise! Can't wait to go back!!
June 27, 2014
Quaint and serene. Awesome villa over the water.
The over water villa is fantastic and as expected. The access to the shallow lagoon was phenomenol and we were able to swim with baby sharks and stingrays!