Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Formerly : Hotel Enterprize
City Centre - Business District
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (742)
February 06, 2013
not a satisfying stay.will not come back
location- near to southern cross station and south bank
The room need refurbishment urgently. We stayed in business room for 4 nights, the bed was not comfy at all with the squeaking sound all the time. We had inquired for room-grading at the first night, but the receptionist told us that because we booked through agoda, so he could not confirm with us on the up-grading, and advised us to come down again for second time in the next morning. I was not happy with the receptionist as most of the time, they were not helpful and gave us very sour face. Regarding the room conditions,not a single positive comment could be applied on it. For those who really wanted to stay in this hotel, better choose the courtyard room, which is the newest part of the hotel but with very poor sound proofing (1 of my friend stayed in there and had poor sleeping quality for most of the night, as even light walking steps outside the door or from the above floor, could be heard clearly)
-near to south bank, walking distance in less than 10 minutes
February 04, 2013
Great location and affordable
Clean for an old building
Disappointed as they did not have my booking down and had to go and check..
Also they must have given me the worst room in the hotel..So I complained and they found me a better room..
Other wise we had a good stay..I have been using this place for 7 years now for bussiness and it is very close to we're I have to be.
February 02, 2013
the hotel is near southern cross station which you can take skybus from/to airport. though the room is small, it was clean and comfortable.
February 01, 2013
needs a makeover
great location, good size rooms
good size rooms with twin beds and 2 bathrooms, rooms need a makeover, with old furniture and aircon, etc.
i do wish they would ban smoking in the internal courtyard or at least move it so the smoking area isn't next to the entrance.
January 31, 2013
Extremely unorganized service and disappointing
in the city - convenient location
Our stay at the Great Southern Hotel in Melbourne was quite disappointing to say the least. When we arrived at the hotel we were shown to our room and were quite disappointed to find the aircon didn't work in our room as it was a hot day. The room was hot and unbearable. Hotel staff tried several times to fix it and eventually moved us into another double bedroom. We were told to check out in the morning to be moved again to another room as most of their rooms were booked out. We requested a late checkout of 12. We had pre-booked our stay for 7 nights and paid in advance. The next morning we were rudely interrupted 3 times by the cleaners asking when we were leaving around 10am. When we arrived downstairs at reception they said our room was not ready and to come back later, they allowed us to leave our luggage with them free of charge. We came back around 4pm and they showed us to our new room. We went inside to find it a complete mess; bathroom dirty, bed unmade, empty beer bottles lying around and rubbish. It was quite disappointing considering our rude awakening from the cleaners this morning and then to find our own room dirty. The manager then gave us the option to move back into our old room with no aircon or a smaller room where the TV only had 3 channels. I gave up and decided with my friend to stay in our original room, the manager said we could move rooms again in a few days but at this point we just wanted to enjoy our holiday without continuously moving from hotel room to hotel room. The day before we were to depart, we asked reception to book a shuttle bus to the airport for us. They said this would be done. The next morning we come downstairs only to be told by one staff member that the shuttle bus cancelled and another staff member saying they called the company and there was no booking. This was very stressful as we had no advance warning and needed to make our flight and were told to catch a taxi.
Check out DFO at Southwharf near the Crown Casino, its an outlet shopping mall and the discounts are fabulous! Also worth seeing is Docklands outlet mall and Chadstone shopping centre is one of the biggest with over 530 stores!
January 28, 2013
Great location yet value for money
Near to all type of transportation
- Comfortable room
- well connected to all transportation in and out of the city
- Slight issue with the hot water
- they clean the room everyday without fail
- wifi is not free. Not worth to buy cause its way expensive.
- Had and awesome time during Aus Open week. Will stay here again if the price is maintained.
Families with older children
January 25, 2013
good location, easy access to public transport
good location to southern cross station, which makes travelling to and from airport very easy. also close to tram lines, and to southbank. hotel staff friendly, able to check in very early in the morning, and reception open 24/7, which is also good if you need to catch an early flight out. hotel room clean, not enough lighting though!but otherwise good value for money..
January 25, 2013
Great location, nice and quiet
Location, price, car accomodation
Staff were very friendly and helpful, room was lovely and quiet, nice and clean. Location is perfect for us, We drive so car park is important to us. The common areas could be cleaner.
The restaurant staff were helpful, and breakfast was delicious.
Room service was excellent, overall a pleasant stay.
January 24, 2013
This hotel was a bit on the older end but for the price of the room it is easily overlooked on the age of the hotel. The hotel was kept pretty clean with a 24 hour reception desk. This hotel was close to everything like the casino and a main train station. The room was pretty big but like I said pretty old but kept clean. For the price of the place I would stay here again.
January 24, 2013
lovely older style hotel with friendly staff
great location just metres from southern cross station and with ample trams just around the corner.
althought it was an older style hotel it has charm, the rooms were not too small, the bed was comfortable, there was plenty of cupboard space, a large television, food bathroom and toilet. On the whole it was a pleasant stay
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Great Southern Hotel Melbourne, Melbourne
- "Small rooms but really cheap" - It's old but great if you just want to sleep there.
- affordable neat city hotel - Room was modern, neat and clean, lots of mirrors, which of c
- Awesome Hotel Room with great room - I enjoyed staying this hotel because it's nice. I recommend
- cheap hotel in great location - easy check in, pleasant staff, comfortable very affordable r
- Convenient and comfy hotel - The room was a little bit on the small size but the larger b
- Crap hotel with old yucky rooms! - I thought this was 4 stars, far from it! Old, yucky, gross!!
- Enterprize Hotel - Carpet is old. Wall is mouldy, poor noisy insulation, no 3G
- Enterprize Hotel - It was all right for one night but I wouldn't stay longer. I
- For country train travellers position is fantastic - As our stay was a brief overnight stop we found all that we
- good locate -
- Good location and easy access to the city -
- Good location - Good stay, great views, clean and comfortable
- Good location - the condition of the room is poor and cleanliness needs atte
- good location - The room we stayed in was quite modern and clean(courtyard).
- GOOD VERY GOOD - GOOD EXCELLENT AND SUPERB ACCORDING TO MY EXPECTATIONS
- good - Didn't see any selling points in the hotel
- Great Hotel, Good location. -
- Great indeed, both the location and the room - High value for money! The room is very fancy, especially the
- Great located hotel - Pretty good location, close to trams and station. A great ch
- Great location and but poor room soundproofing. - Generally the we are confortable with our stay but would lik
- Great location and good service - I had read other reviews and was worried, but there was no n
- Great Location but dreary looking rooms - the room was servicable but very dull & old-ish looking - re
- Great Location but poor room features - Great location - Within 5 min walk to DFO(Spencer St), 10 mi
- great location but small rooms - located in the center of the city, but a bit noisy at early
- Great Location with comfy room! - Strategically located near Southern Cross station and within
- Great location, busy hotel - Great location, nearby sounthern cross station, busy hotel a
- Great location, good basic rooms - Hotel is located near southern cross station (only five mins
- Great location, pleasant staff, good value . - We enjoyed the opportunity to stay verl centrally located i
- Great location - Really good service.
Just 5 mins walk from Sourthern Cross
- Great location - Reasonable price - I had business room but the lighting for
- Great room, friendly and useful service - overall, this hotel is fine, i especially like the design of
- Great value, convenient location - no longer called hotel enterprise, apparently it's now the g
- Great value - I've been to Melbourne many times. This is the most ecnomica
- Great Value - The rooms are smaller and older style but the beds were very
- Hop, skip and jump - Staff very helpful on arrival.The room was basic but clean,
- lLovely hotel and service with a smile - no complaints everything was good it was clean and affordabl
- Location good. - I stayed at the great southern cross hotel 4 days with my si
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - We has stayed in a Superior Double Room for three nights. Th
- Nice rooms wid a nice environment - it's very nice and very affordable hotel i've ever stayed in
- Not a good choice - This hotel is old. The room carpet is dirty. No slippers are
- not a satisfying stay.will not come back - The room need refurbishment urgently. We stayed in business
- older hotel - This hotel was a bit on the older end but for the price of t
- Peaceful Joyful Journey - Quiet Environment. Clean and tidy.
Helpful Stuffs. Pleasure
- small rooms, noisy cooridoor - the hotel was convienient as it was close to the convention
- Stay for two night. -
- stuff are helpful but room is not good - The room is dark and old but stuff are helpful for us.
- Surprisingly nice hotel - The hotel looks totally dodgy from the outside, but the new
- Top location but our room was a bit dilapidated - haven't seen the other rooms, but we get a room which wasn't
- Very disappoited for the hotel . - My Wife and i were recommended to the hotel enterprize by so
- Very small rooms. Very noisy nextdoor - Slow service at front desk with incorrect information given