Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (809)
November 26, 2012
Great hotel, value for money
i enjoy my stay at the hotel.IThe location was terrific ands I had easy access to trams and trains and was in walking distance to the casino DFO shopping outlet. The free city circle tram runs straight past your front door and allows travel to all parts of the city. The location allows you to walk around to the sights that the city has to offer.
November 25, 2012
Close to many Melbourne Features
Good Location - Close to Southbank Restaurants, and a Great Walk alongside the Yarra
We had a great overnight stay. Though small the rooms were adequate. Car Parking was available round the corner close to the hotel, best to make arrangements in advance with the Hotel.
The location is excellent, and though we had a third floor room facing the railway lines, it was very quiet with the double glazing.
Southbank with its restaurants and Crown Casino are nearby, also a great walk along the Yarra River.
Overall - Good Value for money, will stay there again.
November 25, 2012
Excellent Location but rooms way to compact
Location, cleanliness and friendly staff
Hotel was very nice and reception and staff were great. Nothing was a problem. The rooms however, were very very small. This is the only thing that will stop me from staying there again. It was really hard just to clean your teeth in the basin as the bench was over the top of it. Being in a twin room, there was no privacy with the bathroom as the door didn't close properly and the door was the hazy glass.
November 25, 2012
Lovely Hotel and Service with a smile
Location, Location, Location. Within walking distance to the CBD
We were greeted by a lovely young man, who was ever so helpful.
We loved the location as it was so handy to everything, the tram, the station, the CBD. The hotel was clean and fresh and friendly. Even though the room was small, we only slept there and everything that we needed was available.
We were only in Melbourne for two nights, but both nights we went to China town to try out different restaurants.
November 25, 2012
Motel quality at hotel prices.
Near the southern cross station
Easily the worst value I've encountered in a hotel - its no way a boutique hotel but closer resembles a dated, cheap motel. I wonder if I got a particularly poor room since it was a busy night and I checked in late.
Had to wait about 10 minutes till someone was there for my check in. No apologies for the delay and quite unfriendly. The service for checkout was better.
The sheets on the bed made me itch so I had to sleep on top of a towel.
There was a club nearby and you could hear people talking outside the hotel.
The location is good and a short walk to the southern cross station. Unless you can get this for less than $80. I wouldn't bother.
November 23, 2012
Geat location but small room
Nice but small room. Was on the ground floor, it was a little noisy at times. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Most annoying thing was no bed side lamp to read with, without getting out of bed.
November 23, 2012
Very comfortable, got a good size room.
Very comfortable beds, good air con and facilities. Easy access to transport and city centre.
very pleasant and polite staff, nice welcome, clean modern foyer, hotel has it's own restaurant. central to all amenities, trains, trams etc, and in walking distance of city centre.
this is a boutique hotel so some rooms are small, ours was a good size with a fridge and enough hanging space and drawers, small shower and toilet with sliding door so not much privacy.
fair standard of cleanliness of the room in general, bedding immaculate and very comfortable, mattress toppers etc, air con excellent. very good value for the price that i paid through agoda.
November 22, 2012
it could have been better with free wi-fi
room is clean and very accessible
Front desk people are really nice and helpful. Rooms are clean and good enough for 2. Rest room door could have been better plus if the rooms would have a free wi-fi.
Overall I'm quite satisfied.
November 22, 2012
Clean, Convenient and Comfortable
I stayed in a dbl standard room. Only stayed one night. Was my business trip to the city of Melbourne. Very convenient, excellent location, 5 mins walk to Southern Cross Train Station and 10 mins walk to the Royal Casino, Flinder Street station and Lonsdale street (Courthouse). Also walk along Yarra River to the Hisense Arena (20mins) for concerts or events. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. Excellent customer service at the Front Desk. Staff are very friendly Breakfast (can be included with the room rate) was very good. Overall...value for money, excellent hotel..recommend to any one. I will stay there again on my next trip to Melb.
Visit the new Direct Factory Outlets (DFO) Complex at South yarra. 15mins walk only. Bargains galore...!
Casino comes alive 24/7.
U-Bar (backpackers Hotel) next door.
November 20, 2012
Pensione is nestled amongst an number of overpriced & overrated hotels such as The Grande, Holiday Inn, Medina and Crowne Plaza. It is a very good position and although it does not overlook the river is it not far away. It is curiously situated between a higher priced hotel Holiday Inn and a back packers with a dodgy pub. Hence at times there were throngs of people outside who you probably wouldn't invite to have tea with your grandma. Rather pleasingly there is a Seven Eleven on the immediate adjacent corner which is perfect for grabbing essentials and snacks thus avoiding high cost Melbourne restaurants. The latter are in abundance across the nearby bridge on the southern side of the river. Worst feature?? No windows in my single room. At first I just stared at the walls. Just as well there was a TV to see outside. I got used to it after a few days. After all I was just there to sleep. There was a skylight so I could hear the occasional rain and know when it was dawn. Second most worst feature?? Nowhere for taxis to stop outside and so it is a risky business getting into one in busy traffic. Third worst feature?? Take a packed lunch when you use the lift. It takes a while to get to level three.
All this adds to the uniqueness of this curious hotel. In you want pazzazz and flambouyance, mortgage your wife and go to the Hilton across the river. Pensione has style and elegance reminiscent of 1930s. That's OK by me.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Pensione Boutique Hotel Melbourne, Melbourne
- Clean and simple - Was here for the Aussie millions only in room to sleep so pe
- Clean rooms. Room was abit small though. - Rooms were clean. It would be better if there was free wifi.
- Close to Station, Nice hotel, small bathrooms - the pensione hotel was delightful, much nicer than most city
- Convenience location but small room and bathroom - ok to stay with reasonable price. got cheaper rate and bid s
- Convenient Hotel right in the city - The hotel had a good clean room and location of the hotel wa
- Convenient location, small room but good value - Room small but impeccably clean and bed-linen and towels (lo
- convenient location. - Our double room was a special but I didn't realise it would
- Convienient -
- Decent hotel option in Melbourne - I travelled to Melbourne in the winter months and found the
- Delightful hotel Melbourne. - Have always enjoyed staying at the Pensione. It is very conv
- efficient and very private - reception is efficient, helpful with brochures, maps and go
- Excellent location but small room - the hotel has the size for a hotel in the city. it also has
- Fabulous Hotel in a great location - Having never stayed at the Pensione before I was a little ap
- Good for budget traveller - Price is reasonable, close to city center
But the room is a
- good hotel and close to transport - this hotel is located near southern cross station and near w
- Good Location and Friendly Staff - I stayed in this hotel second time, Petite Double room is cl
- Good location walk from Railway Station - Good hotel for groups of people. Rooms with 3 to 4 single be
- Good location, small but well maintained rooms - Well positioned hotel. Room was small but recently renovated
- Good location, small rooms - I don't remember any mention of a gym, but on arrival it was
- Good location - Room was smaller than we had stayed in previously. Possibly
- GOOD LOCATION - good location but small room
clean room and helpful staff
- Good location - Would recommend for short stay, good location but rooms are
- Good value for money - rooms are very clean but very, very small. bed within a sing
- Good, quick and convenient -
- Great convenient location - this hotel is very well located near southern cross station
- Great hotel, value for money - i enjoy my stay at the hotel.IThe location was terrific ands
- Great location and service - We booked a petite double and was expecting a pretty small r
- Great location and small room - a good price but the room are extremely small. i have never
- Great location but small room - great location, quite place, decent for the price. But if we
- great location, clean but small rooms - hotel was in a convenient location, rooms were relatively cl
- Great location - nights in a small room with the vies to the wall.. :-) For
- Great Location - Is very clean and nice but the toilet is very, very small, g
- great location - rooms were too cramped, however staff were friendly and loca
- Great location - The hotel was in a great location to the Southbank. The room
- Great location - Very friendly and welcoming reception staff. Clean room. Tin
- Great Position - Second stay here - this time overnight as we were travelling
- I love this hotel ! - rooms were a bit small & cramped, but prices were good. nice
- Ideally located for shop and drop - This was my first visit to Melbourne, and I planned to do so
- It has great location, but not a luxury hotel - The room is not terribly large and the feeling is a little b
- lovely hotel - even though the room is small but has everything.
- lovely staff, very pleasant and helpfull - I love the peace and quiet of this hotel, very relaxing.
- Nice and clean hotel - We took the triple sharing room with three separate beds. Lo
- Nice bar & restaurant but bed too short - Bathroom badly designed. bench stuck out too far making it i
- Nice hotel - Enjoyable and great location to the exhibition centre
- not too boutique - i stayed in the hotel because of the location nearby the con
- Pensione Boutique Hotel Melbourne - simple , small, and convinence, unfortunitly acountor didn't
- Perfect location but small room - We stayed 4 nights in the hotel. Location is good, walking d
- Petit but gourgeous !! - We enjoyed stay in this hotel and would recommend it providi
- Pleasant stay -
- Small room, good Location - Heard about the place being small on the internet. But it st
- so so - not so good, ignorant staff.
- tiny room with awful pillows and shower - due to horrible pillows, shower, room size and tiny bathroom
- Useful, well situated comfortable hotel - Comfortable stay, small single room only downside it had no
- Very strategic location - I was a pleasant stay to live just in the city where I can e