Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (379)
March 19, 2012
Great hotel - always sustains high standard
Location, Rooms, Service, Parking
i have stayed in this hotel a few times, and have never been disappointed. the rooms are clean, the staff helpful and things always runs smoothly
March 18, 2012
very nice hotel
clean room, lots of space
the staff were very friendly and efficient, breakfast was plentiful, very clean and tidy tables.the hotel itself catered for all palates.it was conveniently located and a short walk to the city centre.friendly bar service which also had a menu to enjoy snacks. my husband and i would not hesitate to stay there again.
down by the harbour were a host of different restaurants, if not dining at the hotel.
March 11, 2012
Excellent hotel & good facilities
The delux room was great & had a lovely view of Auckland city
There is an indoor pool/sauna & Gym. The cooked breakfast is nice.
March 11, 2012
Nice hotel, good staff, enjoyed our stay
from the moment i arrived with the hassle free parking to checking out had a very enjoyable stay, room was a good size, bed was comfy with everything neat and tidy, will definitely stay when next in auckland
February 28, 2012
Lovely hotel but lack of services via the phone
I was very happy , nice hotel, good service but the food could be better and as well every time i was calling from my room to get to someone no one was answering and had to call again 4 times. the assistant manager was'nt answering either.
January 28, 2012
Average hotel at best, at a premium price
We chose the Rendezvous as we believed we were getting a 5 star hotel with a deluxe room & breakfast. It's actually got 4 & 1/2 stars but we're not really sure why. All our deluxe room offered was a bland hotel room that would doubtless suit a business person just looking for the basics. There are no frills here: one set of small towels each, no extra bedding (as air conditioning was either full on or we had to switch it off), dressing gowns or body creams; 2 capsules of milk in the fridge; movie channels on offer but not working.
The views of the back of the hotel ventilation system together with the unattractive back of the Civic theatre weren't particularly appealing either. To say it's at the heart of the CBD is stretching it a bit too. When we drove up to the hotel we were told to go and park before check in, not encouraged to drop our bags off first.
Going onto the rooftop deck beyond the swimming pool offered a nasty surprise: chairs were way past their mouldy best! All a bit sad looking. The pool looked ok but we didn't try it.
Apparently the best views are on offer from the bar, which we were a little surprised by as there aren't any real views to see from the first level. Happy hour only offered house wines and some beers! No cocktails allowed.
The bathroom floor was dangerously slippy with or without shoes. No full length mirror either. And neither the bed nor the pillows offered the kind of sleep I was expecting for the money we paid.
The only restaurant which was open lacked atmosphere & is again incredibly bland, however, this was saved by a great meal. Breakfast, whilst offering a reasonable choice, was sadly bland and the coffee well past its best.
When I go to a hotel it's for the full experience. We came away hugely disappointed as it wasn't a romantic experience or value for money - something the hotel seems to pride itself on! Going to many of the B&B's out there is probably a better alternative. We won't be going back...
Hotel Feature Tip:
Don't come here if looking for a central, romantic getaway!
January 24, 2012
Very well presented hotel and staff.
good rooms spaces and comfortable
The staff were very helpful and rooms where spaces with comfortable surrounds. One thing that was out of character was the towels where of poor quality for after shower drying.
January 24, 2012
There was some renovation happening, so it was noisy at times.
Most staff friendly, especially Sun and Harriet in the breakfast restaurant.
Families with older children
January 16, 2012
nice hotel at good location
location is very good to tour auckland
but you have to pay for your parkin at this hotel, mind this if you rent a car
January 08, 2012
Quiet hotel with easy access to the city.
Helpful staff and efficient check in/out
Staff were very helpful with day-to-day problems such as getting change and accessing internet.
Sky City is just down the road so this is a well located hotel
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, Auckland
- An extremely well located superior hotel. - Our weekend at the Rendezvour Grand Hotel was most pleasant.
- Beautiful Hotel - This was a great hotel - amazing service. Very large hotel (
- Big lovely rooms, great service - Excellent service, Nice big clean room. Sadly the Sauna was
- Centrally located, Large Rooms, Friendly Staff - This was our first visit to Auckland, and we are happy we ch
- Excellent hotel and great service - We booked the Rendezvous because of its closeness to Aotea S
- Female - I really enjoyed this hotel,
well located, clean, cozy and
- good hotel, well organized - I stayed three times, the hotel is conviniently located and
- Good location with great restauranat -
- good location; nice outlook; good service - good reception on arrival,nice large rooms,having a car park
- Great hotel - always sustains high standard - i have stayed in this hotel a few times, and have never been
- Great Hotel to stay - Room was clean and spacious, the service was very good. Walk
- great location and a HUGE bathroom - would stay no where else if I needed to be in downtown Auckl
- Great location and facilities - I was very happy with the Rendezvous in terms of location, f
- Great location and good rooms - I stayed here for 2 nights and it was a good stay. Although
- Great location with large enough rooms - I really enjoyed my stay in Rendezvous Hotel. The hotel is l
- Love the hotel not too far from anywhere - Hotel was great, super stylish and had everything you can th
- lovely hotel for business stay - This is more of a business hotel than a vacation hotel. It's
- Lovely neat rooms , good service - Enjoyed a relaxing weekend in the city. Made use of the pool
- Luxurious beds - spacious rooms - great location! - We had a wonderfully relaxing time in the Rendezvous. Really
- Nice hotel but location not great - No wifi - a one-off 3 hrs is given but you have to pay for o
- nice hotel - large room,kind people,good location,breakfast excellent.
- Nice location, comfy bed - Walking distance to the wharf area, huge bathroom, can't say
- Nice, luxurious hotel - very courteous staff and concierges. walking distance from
- Our favourite hotel in NZ - We've been all around the country of the last 2 weeks and th
- Service with Smile at Great central location - I enjoyed my stay here. Service was excellent.
Room has f
- Wow, am I glad I didn't pay full price - You can see where this may once have been a fantastic hotel,