A perfect base to stay during your excursion, Picnic Inn is located in Maafushi that offers plenty of recreational activities such as boating, fishing, and diving & snorkeling tourism. Being one of the renowned islands of Maldives, Maafushi is located close by to International Airport. It offers a serene atmosphere perfect for the holidays. You will be brought back to nature since islands, beaches, lagoons, reefs, corals, sandbanks, mantas and dolphins are within reach. Picnic Inn is a wonderful place for budget travelers, who want to have a delightful time and at the same time limit their budget on Maldives. Picnic Inn is surrounded by the rich eco-system and the white beaches which promise the best spot for water sports, snorkeling and diving.
The guest house is located in the local island of Maafushi where the Government regulations require that guests do not wear bikini or similar swimwear while in the area. However, the hotel can arrange excursions to picnic islands for guests where these restrictions are not applied.
Transfer to Maafushi Hotels
To reach the hotels in Maafushi Island, a public ferryboat OR chartered speedboat can be arranged by the hotel for which payment will be collected upon check –in.
Please contact the hotel to book your transfer arrangement at least 3 days prior to your arrival. Your arrival and departure flight details and full names of traveling party will be required.
• Ferryboat takes 90 minutes to reach Maafushi Island and costs approximately USD 2.00 per person per way.
• Ferry departs from Male’ at 15:00 hrs / Ferry departs from Maafushi Island at 07:30 hrs
• If your flight lands AFTER 13:00 hrs, you will need to take the speedboat transfer or make arrangements to stay in Male’
• NO Ferry services on Friday.
• Speedboat takes 35 minutes to reach Maafushi Island and approximately costs USD 160 - 200 per trip
• Shared speedboat transfer for a surcharge of approximately USD 30-50 per person for minimum of 5 persons group.
• Advance booking is required for speedboat transfer
We look forward to welcoming you to the Maldives!