May 16, 2015
it was an extremely memorable stay at maafushi, picnic inn. Hassan and his team were excellent hosts and made our stay there extremely pleasant. we went on a snorkeling trip with rishwan from picnic inn and he is such a humorous guy who always tries his best to make us laugh and we had such a good time with his company. the rooms may not be the best in terms of the furnishing and comfort, but the people there made up for it. we would definelty come back again to stay at picnic inn! thank you so much Hassan!
April 6, 2015
Good Service and Staff
Affordable, Good, nice, and friendly staff, Nice community
Our stay at Picnic Inn was wonderful. We really enjoyed, the staff were very nice and friendly, specially the Manager who is very accommodating to their clients. I would recommend to our friends who would like to have abudget trips to Maldives soon. Good job to the people of Picnic Inn and keep up the good work. The people in the community were nice and friendly too! :))))))))
Families with young children
February 16, 2015
Nice and clean place
Friendly staff, clean room, good location
The location is very good for a budget traveller who wants to explore the Maledive islands. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room and bathroom were clean and airconditioner worked well. I would definately go there again! Special thanks for the hospitality!!
January 25, 2015
good budget place to stay
accommodating staff, clean, location
The place was good enough to house us for 4 nights.
Somebody was waiting for us when we arrived at Maafushi to help carry our bags.
The staff were always helpful to assist us on the activities we want to do around the area.
Pretty good stay.
October 21, 2014
Great place , friendly staff and good restaurant
food , relaxation , location
I spend a 10 nights in maafushi and i choose picnic inn when im searching in agoda.com coz it had a good daily rate I dont expect much coz im budget traveler,but the way they welcome us and the great way they treat us in the picnic inn make me amazed. Clean rooms, rooms services, free breakfast , laundry services The beach is just 2 minutes walking and they have lot of activities (ask for the list ) This is my last night here and im very thankful that choose it and its worth much of my expectations.
July 11, 2014
It was a nice place to stay.
Reasonable price, friendly staffs
1. I chose this inn because of the price and good reviews. It's a non-busy season in Maldives from May to October so the whole Maafushi island was quiet and nice in July, which I loved. I took the Redheygirl ferry at the north harbor. I first went to the Viligilly ferry terminal to take the 3pm government ferry but it was cancelled without any notice. Luckily the lady working there told me to go to the north harbor to take the Redheygirl ferry, which is another ferry to go to Maafushi island. It is 15 Rupiya (USD1) per person, and it takes about 90 min to go to Maafushi. It departs at 3pm everyday except Friday. This ferry departs Maafushi at 7:30am everyday except Friday. It is also 15 Rupiya (USD1) per person.
2. Staffs from the Inn greeted us at the ferry stop, which was quite nice. They carried our bags using their cart.
3. The food is quite nice in this inn. Whiteshell Hotel restaurant and Arena Hotel restaurant at the other side of island were pretty good, too. Anyway the island is very small. You can go to anywhere in the island within 15-20 min. on foot. I also want to recommend the only restaurant in Maafushi, Rhodes or something. I forgot the name. But it starts with "R", and it is the only restaurant in island. The food was pretty good, and it was cheaper than other places.
4. The downside of the Picnic Inn is that there are many ants. I really hate ants so I killed more than 100 ants everyday, seriously. There were some big ants, but most of them were very small ants. I just couldn't stand. I had to kill.
5. In a few days, we moved to another (a little pricey) hotel nearby.
July 8, 2014
Attentive Staff, Nice Rooms, Value for Money
Picnic Inn delighted me as soon as I arrived on Maafushi island, There staff was waiting for us at the ferry terminal with a baggage kart.
Hotel is just 7 mins walk from the ferry terminal. I was served fresh welcome drink and cold towel as soon as I arrived.
Rooms were allotted quickly.
The hotel is newly made and has a very cozy atmosphere.
Rooms are spacious, well maintained and daily housekeeping was provided.
Public area has sand flooring which makes you feel like a being on a beach holiday.
WiFi is Strong in all areas.
Staff is very friendly and caring with good communication skills.
Mr. Joel (staff) took excellent care of us.
Breakfast has limited choices.
Hotel is 10-15 mins walk away from main beaches on the island.
Snorkeling equipment with fins are complimentary.
They also have daily activity trips at affordable rates.
Families with older children
May 9, 2014
December 10, 2013
clean and large room, make uo room everyday,
close to beach, kindly staff, buffet breakfast
i stayed 5days in Picnic inn. it is not a cheapest Inn in Maafush, but i would come again. Buffet breakfast was not fantastic, but ok.First day only they served egg. Room was great condition. Ac, fridge, absolutely clean. Make up room everyday. Staff can speak english well, they pick me up at ferry terminal when i reached at Maafushi island. can not use wifi in the room. at the lobby can use. 5 to 10mim takes to the beach. there are two beaches.
Families with older children
October 17, 2013
Good Amongst All Budget Hotel - clean & tidy - OK
Clean, Wooden Sandy Feel, Cheap Budget at Valuable Price
Good. Considered acceptable & good at valuable price compared to same level inn motel. Not near to beach - need to walk 5 to 10 minutes only can reach Maafushi beach. not much things in the island. suggest to go Kaani beach Hotel to order food there Reef Fish with rice & vegetable set at USD 13 delicious.
Dinner Buffet are served at USD 9. If don't want can separate order side dishes. Good to try Reef Fish at Grilled with Salt. Breakfast Tuna with bread is fresh tasty but very limited choices because it's free inclusive in package.
Suggested sightseeing trip - Fun Island (a bit old but ok), Fillahohi (expensive but good to play around), banana reef (for divings), snorkeling, sand bank, biyadhoo (cheap & nearby but less things), maafushi beach (free - not very nice - a lot of stone walk in to sea). price not cheap - need to pay transport speedboat + tax 10% service & 8% governmence + entrance fee + lunch.
transport is the most expensive charges in Maldives. Suggest to take public transport ferry because cheaper compared to speedboat.
HINTS & Steps : reach Airport - take ferry at airport to Male city USD 1 per pax (10 minutes only). From Male city take a taxi at USD 2 per car to VILIGILI FERRY TERMINAL in Male'. There will be ferryboat depart to Maafushi at sharp 3:00 pm.
MTCC ferry will depart from Viligili Ferry Terminal to Maafushi at 3:00 pm. It takes 90 minutes, and the ferry ticket is available from terminal, the cost is USD 2 per pax one-way. There is one more ferry depart at same time to Maafushi named Handheygiri 2 - depart from Ufuli Jetty next to Viligili Ferry Terminal. Regular schedule ferries are available between Male and Maafushi, every day except Friday. Friday no ferryboat. These depart from Maafushi at 7:30 am by Maafushi Jetty. Morning ferryboat: There is MTCC ferryboat to Maafushi on every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday at 10:00 am depart from Viligili Ferry Terminal.