June 22, 2014
Location. Cannot think of 2 more
Hotel was getting renovated, which it needed. I had to check in at another hotel, walk through kitchen (same chain), then stay in a different hotel, about 5 minutes away. The lift was on a go slow. The breakfast was dire. The staff could not speak English. I know it is Thailand, but it is called Shakespeare, and the signs are in English. I booked 3 nights, stayed 2 only.
United States of America,
May 27, 2014
Stay away from this place if you like service!
"The Most In-depth Scary Review!"
1) The restaurant was closed for the 5 days we stayed there.
2) No one told us that the restaurant was not open when we called.
3) The lobby bathroom resembles a pigs pen, dirt and mud everywhere on the floor and the water in the sink did not work, and no toilet paper to be found anywhere. When I asked for some toilet paper, the man on duty just shrugged his shoulders and went outside for a smoke.
4) Man and lady at the front desk are much more interested in watching movies from their computers than assisting customers with their concerns or questions
5) Internet password never worked and the staff couldn’t care less, no matter what you said.
6) Shower head broke in our hand while showering.
7) Bathroom fan did not work
8) Garbage piled up and strewn all over the roof outside of our window and there were even bags of garbage in the trees.
9) Air conditioner took over 6 hrs. to go from 30 C to 26 C.
10) Ceilings had blackened spots all over.
11) Light bulbs were of the lowest wattage, so seeing at night was hard.
12) Behind the toilet looks like it had not been cleaned in 5 years.
13) No towel rack in the bathroom by the sink.
14) Towels supplied to us were so dirty and full of holes, that we refused to use them.
15) The two glasses that the hotel supplied us in our hotel room were filthy and full of white water spots
16) Shower curtain was torn/ripped in several areas
17) Front desk man played his movies so loud that you could clearly hear the noise from the 2nd floor.
18) Bath mat was so ripped, blackened, and full of holes, that I would hesitate to use it while working on my car.
19) Bed pillow was so thick, that that I could not use it.
20) Window was separated from the metal window frame, so bugs easily got in.
21) No lock on the window, from the inside.
April 9, 2014
comfortable , friendly , near beaches
November 17, 2013
breakfast is ok
old hotel have many odors in rooms and blankets that we feel rooms aren't clean. rooms aren't cool but air-conditioner can't adjust temp. and ceiling fan can't orbit.
one room have puke in bathroom when we check in. staff change room for us.
water stop working in night & morning
many sounds from road
November 1, 2013
Just for a few nights of sleep
Friendly staff, flow of lights to the room, not crowded
Nothing great about this simple hotel. Although there is free WIFI only available in the lobby area, I managed to get a weak connection from my second floor room. The room isn't clean, and there is no daily clean-up or make-up of your room. I only went for the first night stay of breakfast. The breakfast is arranged in another hotel and the food served isn't good, so I didn't bother to go for the rest of free breakfast. Russians are the main tourists for both Jomtien beach and this hotel, so expected to see words in Russians everywhere. The hotel is not in the happening area of Jomtien beach, however, it's no major problem since a 10-baht cheap ride can bring you to any part of Jomtien beach.
October 19, 2013
Arriving at 02-30 the night staff where helpful
No hassel just got check in done nice and easy and check out. staff were good spoke fair english would stay there again
Due to airline failures arrived at Bangkok nearly 3 hours late. Taxi to the hotel night porter was so helpful and only wanted my voucher give me passport in the morning you look tiered and need sleep. (True )Facilitys where good if the bath was not the cleanest in the world the shower was good and hot water at the sink( Kettle in room to make drink would have been helpful ) and that would be my only negative comment will prob stay there again if I come back to Thailand.
October 4, 2013
it was worth every single cent I pay
cheap,close to restaurants and tuk tuk
I wish I could find the same hotel for the same price closer to the center, and a little beter bathroom.
Families with older children
September 21, 2013
Right on the beach just a stone throw
standard room, breakfast included with that price, surprise!
we are a family with elderly mother, and fining a non-expensive hotel right on the beach easy for her to walk to is difficult, Shakespeare was our right choice. Not so expensive, in front of Chomthian Beach of South Pattaya, and inclusiveness of breakfast. What a joy!
September 15, 2013
Reception, Bedroom, Staff.
Staff was friendly and english speaking, larger bed room and comfortable bed.
clean hotel. very interesting my vocation.
August 11, 2013
Very nice hotel with friendly staff
Quiet area, helpful staff, nice clean rooms.
It was a lovely experience in a nice area. We'd go back in a heartbeat.